Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    It sounds very much like that is the plan:
    "The PC version of Rocket League will come to the Epic Games store in late 2019. In the meantime, it will continue to be available for purchase on Steam; thereafter it will continue to be supported on Steam for all existing purchasers."
    This is going to affect a very, very small amount of people: people who do not already own Rocket League. Again, not exactly news worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    At least it wasn't EA. I think we should see what this brings. Yeah Epic Games is doing some Exclusives with their store and such but.....let's not say stuff that hasn't been made true j ust yet.
    Smells like a newly born EA that will grow up to be a similar monster.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    They are on record as stating that the game will remain on steam and be supported on steam. Even if they don't sell it on steam. However you don't buy an entire game studio just to make the game exclusive. You buy the rights to the game. It isn't a thinyly veiled guise. Developers by other developers when they make popular games. Steam has done it. EA. Activision.
    They are on record as being very unclear on the future of sales of Rocket League on Steam. And they can easily force their software on the players, it doesn't take a lot of effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Smells like a newly born EA that will grow up to be a similar monster.
    Why? Is Microsoft the newly born EA following their acquisitions the past few years, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    They are on record as being very unclear on the future of sales of Rocket League on Steam. And they can easily force their software on the players, it doesn't take a lot of effort.
    New players*

Aiko already posted the update, which clearly indicates that players on Steam (so...almost all PC players) will still be able to play the game through Steam and it will still be fully supported there. The only folks impacted by this are new players who buy the game after it transitions to the EGS.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.pcgamer.com/epic-exclusi...-humble-store/

FYI - EGS exclusives will also be available through Humble Bundle, so they'll be playing with third party stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Why? Is Microsoft the newly born EA following their acquisitions the past few years, too?
    If you can give me examples of investor driven companies doing whats best for the customer first and not the investor than I am all ears. Sure it might go well at first while they are still in the honeymoon phase fishing people in. But the honeymoon will end as soon as investors start demanding more.

If you can give me examples of investor driven companies doing whats best for the customer first and not the investor than I am all ears.
    I have some fantastic news for you then, Epic is still a private company and is not publicly traded. They don't have general investors to answer to.

But that doesn't answer my question.

RIP Rocket League. Enjoy your car dance emotes.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

No issue with this personally.

Don't see what the gripe with EGS is either. Used their launcher/store just fine personally.

I'm all for them trying to compete with Valve.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have some fantastic news for you then, Epic is still a private company and is not publicly traded. They don't have general investors to answer to.

Ah right that´s why Tencent has bought 40% of Epic, bcs they´r enot investors...

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Ah right that´s why Tencent has bought 40% of Epic, bcs they´r enot investors...
    They're private investors, yes. But they're not shareholders in the way you traditionally think of with quarterly earnings reports etc. They have a voice and a stake, but as a minority shareholder (IIRC around 40%) they don't actually have any significant power and can't make demands. This is how investment in companies that remain private works. Tencent will absolutely be making money from their investment, but they don't have any actual control within Epic.

Unlike EA and Microsoft, who we were discussing, who are publicly traded companies with shareholders to keep happy each quarter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    It is still a private company and yes Tencent has that amount of $$ in Epic.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Give it time. Eventually it sell. Things will go bad. Its how it is. Deal with it. I am sorry. Just how it is.

Give it time. Eventually it sell. Things will go bad. Its how it is. Deal with it. I am sorry. Just how it is.
    So this is a, "They're not bad now, despite what I thought, but they will be. Don't you worry, they'll turn bad one of these days and you'll be sorry while I laugh!" argument?

Because it's a pretty fucking terrible argument to fall back on.

10+ Year Old Account
    So this is a, "They're not bad now, despite what I thought, but they will be. Don't you worry, they'll turn bad one of these days and you'll be sorry while I laugh!" argument?

Because it's a pretty fucking terrible argument to fall back on.
    They already are bad. They treat their workers like shit and have already been caught spying on their users.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    They already are bad. They treat their workers like shit and have already been caught spying on their users.
    Yes, we know the crunch is terrible. It is in a lot of places. That's not an excuse for their abuse of their employees, but it's also not worth singling them out on as if it's unique to them. It's also unrelated to what we're discussing.

And spying? Not any more than any of the hundreds of other companies that monitor activities you agree to even when not using their products.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Wasn't this already proven to be bullshit?
    Proven to be bullshit? What? What part of Epic needing to know what I'm doing on steam is their fucking business?

have already been caught spying on their users.
    Hope your not on Windows 10 and use any search engine or social media site....

Ontopic: Ok and?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    The epic store controversy is one of the most nonsensical controversies that I have ever seen.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Tim Sweeney is obsessed with putting Epic store on top. How am I a dolt?
    CEO WANTS TO PUT HIS COMPANY ON TOP! THIS NEWS HAS SHOCKED TRILLIONS! Dolt.

Tim Sweeney is obsessed with putting Epic store on top. How am I a dolt?
    Please, never own a business. Because every other online store is not trying to be on top. Damn Best Buy trying to be ahead of Amazon on online sales. I mean "HOW DARE THEY!!!!"