10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    He doesn't have to rule but just not be exiled to begin with.
    So start a war over an exile that he doesn't really mind to begin with... makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    My whole thought on maybe Bran being evil is he just looked kinda idk smug and smirky at the end there. Plus the all black fit but that is just a stark thing so that can be overlooked maybe. The outfit gave me Cersie vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    God Emperor Bran sits on the Sap Throne.
    The god emperor of mankind getting into kings landing with a full battle company of astartes would have made more sense than this shit
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    IMO, the issue is that the Night King is presented as a eons-old force of primal nature and vengeance, imbued with ancient magics by a nearly-dead people (children of the forest).

And they ended that whole threat because he got stabbed this one time.

If they'd shown a single White Walker at any point in the finale, even just overlooking the Free Folk coming through the wall and then riding off into the frozen North again, that would've made it clear that there's still a threat there, and that this is just the end of one cycle, not a breaking of the wheel.

As it is, I'm still left thinking "8 thousand years, and nobody tried to, like, stab the dude?"
    Assuming they knew where the "dude" was exactly and that they didn't forget about the "dude".
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echoherb View Post
    I liked it, but with any really popular show, there will be a lot of people who dislike it, and those people tend to be the most vocal about it. Everyone I talk to in person about season 8 of GoT loves it.
    It depends on who you ask.

Casual show watchers, like it. When I say casual, I mean people that have watched the show once and don't look into the show in any detail.

This show has a lot of hardcore fans, there is many well thought out theories and in the books they are planted for the reader to interpret.

If you don't think too hard, then this show is a fantastic 10/10.

Game of Thrones used to be realistic, it's why it got so popular in my opinion. Since it passed the books it lost that credibility. It's still great, but in GoT standards, it turned to shit.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2019-05-20 at 03:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    The finale was outstanding, so who knows what you both are talking about.
    Nice opinion, I'd like to know why you think it's outstanding, barely anything was even remotely good lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I had that thought.

Bran can see the entire past, and present, and see into the future. Of anyone, he'd know EXACTLY the nudges to make to ensure that he's the one who ended up as King. Everyone kept saying he doesn't want to rule, but the only time they asked Bran himself, his response was that "if he wasn't going to be King, he wouldn't have come all this way". Maybe that's a joke, maybe that's him admitting that he knew he was going to be King because he's arranged things to turn out that way.
    That's the thing, what we know of Bran at the moment is, he would reject it, but he fully accepted it, almost as if it is what he craved for.

Now you know how Halo fans feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    That's the thing, what we know of Bran at the moment is, he would reject it, but he fully accepted it, almost as if it is what he craved for.
    The 3 Eyed Raven is the true evil, the night king was right for seeking to kill him.

Hopefully a new night king will rise again.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Now you know how Halo fans feel.
    Aand Mass effect fans
    and Dexter, and Lost

I didn't think Bran could see the future, just the past?

dany got robbed!

Game of thrones ended the way a good show should: wanting more.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I'm really going to find fun is, my Dad is like me, loves the show and has read all the books.

I gave him the idea long ago that Daenerys would create a democracy.

He told me how ridiculous that idea was and it would never happen.

He's been a strong defender of this season and D&D as a whole, we've had many heated discussions.

Now at the end of the show, a democracy has been created. Will make fun for our next conversation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Aand Mass effect fans
    and Dexter, and Lost
    I never understand this statement, Lost was always shit. Besides the first episode.

I actually found that piece of trash unwatchable. I just skipped through the rest of the episode once he stabbed Dany.

Utter and total shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    A few ten thousand against literally the army of the 6 kingdoms... and no OP dragon.
    I can just imagine them coming back and the defenders standing on the walls crying down "You and what dragon?"

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I actually found that piece of trash unwatchable. I just skipped through the rest of the episode once he stabbed Dany.

Utter and total shit.

That was my thought as well. The show ended when Jon killed her.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I never understand this statement, Lost was always shit. Besides the first episode.
    i never liked it very much either, but the ending was way worse than the rest of the show.

I am willing to bet all my shitcoins that the actual ASOIAF ending will be very, very different.

For one thing, the last book revealed that Dragons won't cross the Wall no matter how much the riders tried to do it.

5+ Year Old Account
    God this show turned to shit...at least it's over now..they didn't even mention that Jon Snow was Aegeon Targaryen...