Page 26 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by clausuk57 View Post
    I don't think so at all, i think retail might be the niche market
    Thank you for that comment i needed a good laugh!

I would bet my nuts that it will overtake retail. Retail has no more than 3 million people playing, of which I would say at least 25% will play classic.

Those 750k + the millions of people who left because they didn't like how the game evolved + the ones that missed classic and want to experience it + the hardcore classic nerd. That will be at least 5 million people playing classic if not even way more.

Anyone who believes classic will have less than 3m (or 2.25m) people playing is just delusional.

Depends on how badly Blizzard fucks up retail, that's it. If they continue on the path they are, the re-releases of old WoW will - probably, with combined population overtake Retail in subscribers. It'll take a few years but Blizzard has a chance in those years to keep Retail being the most popular version of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    All that is subjective. Personally, I think it’s better in every way
    Do you know the meaning of subjective? Class balance was horrible all of vanilla. Some classes doing nearly double of others. How is that subjective?

The appeal of wow classic is more than nostalgia.

Example: I’ve got three friends real life who never once played wow but can’t wait for wow classic. They want a more old school mmorpg like MUDs, Everquest, etc

Classic is going to be gigantic
    Lmao, wow is nothing like a MUD at all...literally you understand MUD's directly are turn based where as WoW is actually closer to a hack n slash than a mud.

Quote Originally Posted by VooDsXo View Post
    Lmao, wow is nothing like a MUD at all...literally you understand MUD's directly are turn based where as WoW is actually closer to a hack n slash than a mud.
    It’s systems are very old school so they’ll fit in coming from MUDs. That’s my point. Have you ever played MUDs? I have. There were years where that’s all online gaming was. MUDs can offer depth that graphical gamers can never achieve.

They want old school wow so they can fit in better so to speak and more of a hardcore but slower paced game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by imunreal View Post
    Do you know the meaning of subjective? Class balance was horrible all of vanilla. Some classes doing nearly double of others. How is that subjective?

Because the subjective part is what you feel about it. If I feel my class is more fun to play in classic, I’m gonna say that

Besides, if you read my post you’d understand that endgame isn’t everything in vanilla wow. Think of it like three intersecting circles of pve, pvp, leveling. The classes that were great endgame, had the worst time leveling. The classes that stunk in pve or pvp shined while leveling

It’s weirdlg balanced in a way where each 30 spec has their place within the game and shine within that niche.

Current wow, may be balanced in a way, but if everyone is the same what’s the difference?

I’d take an imperfectly flawed game that’s fun over a perfectly balanced game that isn’t fun for me

It’s systems are very old school so they’ll fit in coming from MUDs. That’s my point. Have you ever played MUDs? I have. There were years where that’s all online gaming was. MUDs can offer depth that graphical gamers can never achieve.

They want old school wow so they can fit in better so to speak and more of a hardcore but slower paced game.

- - - Updated - - -

Because the subjective part is what you feel about it. If I feel my class is more fun to play in classic, I’m gonna say that

Besides, if you read my post you’d understand that endgame isn’t everything in vanilla wow. Think of it like three intersecting circles of pve, pvp, leveling. The classes that were great endgame, had the worst time leveling. The classes that stunk in pve or pvp shined while leveling

It’s weirdlg balanced in a way where each 30 spec has their place within the game and shine within that niche.

Current wow, may be balanced in a way, but if everyone is the same what’s the difference?

I’d take an imperfectly flawed game that’s fun over a perfectly balanced game that isn’t fun for me
    You said class balance is subjective. The classes were not better balanced than today. Subjective basically means it is your opinion. The balance being horrible is not an opinion, it is a fact with evidence to back it up. A fact is not an opinion, a fact is a fact so it can’t be subjective.

You said class balance is subjective. The classes were not better balanced than today. Subjective basically means it is your opinion. The balance being horrible is not an opinion, it is a fact with evidence to back it up. A fact is not an opinion, a fact is a fact so it can’t be subjective.
    You’re quoting me out of context. What I said was subjective was fun. The guy I was responding to said Bfa was more fun to which I said that’s subjective.

Besides, wouldn’t it be my opinion if I enjoyed my class more in the old Days than today? That’s exactly what it means.

In fact, I’ve backed up my argument for balance by pointing out that there is an odd balance between pve, pvp, and leveling in classic leveling was a big part of the game then and a pillar of it. The classes that had a bad time end game shined in leveling and pvp. The classes that ruled pvp tended to suck in pve or leveling. The classes that had the worst leveling experience paid off big end game

It’s a weird sense of paper rock scissors balance that even current wow lacks

You’re quoting me out of context. What I said was subjective was fun. The guy I was responding to said Bfa was more fun to which I said that’s subjective.

Besides, wouldn’t it be my opinion if I enjoyed my class more in the old Days than today? That’s exactly what it means.

In fact, I’ve backed up my argument for balance by pointing out that there is an odd balance between pve, pvp, and leveling in classic leveling was a big part of the game then and a pillar of it. The classes that had a bad time end game shined in leveling and pvp. The classes that ruled pvp tended to suck in pve or leveling. The classes that had the worst leveling experience paid off big end game

It’s a weird sense of paper rock scissors balance that even current wow lacks
    That is the misunderstanding then, I thought you were trying to say balance was better in vanilla than live WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by seniorproc View Post
    Frost mages (for MC, bwl and ony) would spam frostbolt as their only spell? How is that not boring, bad and gutted..
    Exactly. You had to spam your only frost spell to do dmg to the fire boss. Even if you had to spam one button, it felt much better, because it made sense and you had to adapt to it. Retail is nothing but simplified gutted "every class has everything but nothing special" pile of....

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajko View Post
    Exactly. You had to spam your only frost spell to do dmg to the fire boss. Even if you had to spam one button, it felt much better, because it made sense and you had to adapt to it. Retail is nothing but simplified gutted "every class has everything but nothing special" pile of....
    Using words like "adapt" means nothing when the final result was still one button "rotation". Current mage specs focus on one element while offering more involving gameplay, so you could still keep your precious fire immune bosses while retaining higher complexity.

That is the misunderstanding then, I thought you were trying to say balance was better in vanilla than live WoW.
    Nah he was arguing about fun and I basically responded with that’s subjective because fun can be different for each of us

Class balance wasn’t great in vanilla I’m not arguing that tbh especially end game

But arguing about what’s fun is a moot point

Nah he was arguing about fun and I basically responded with that’s subjective because fun can be different for each of us

Class balance wasn’t great in vanilla I’m not arguing that tbh especially end game

But arguing about what’s fun is a moot point
    Oh definitely is! I do prefer the levelling in vanilla tho, it is fantastic! Felt rewarding finally hitting 60 for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Assorted Whip View Post
    Do you know what balanced means?
    Balance in WoW ->very subjective and relative term. If we are speaking about how good/bad is single class (in PVE/PVP) compared to others: WoW has never did a good job at this. including classic and BfA.
    But if we are speaking about how important was single class in some sort compared to others: classic and TBC was the best. For example, demo locks/hunters/shamans brings utility and support buffs/debuffs, so even if they did not top dmg meters, if felt good and satisfying to play them, and nobody will loose their mind and yell at you how your dmg sux. Nowadays, every class has everything, nobody is special and every dps is supposed to top dmg ladder, every healer is supposed to top heal ladder... This is the boredom i was speaking about. So, we can say: the less special individual classes are, the more balanced they can be. Considering BfA, where classes are brutaly gutted and one can say they can not be more monotonous, characterless and boring, classes are still unbalanced as they were for entire WoW existence. So we can choose between: unbalanced classes with class fantasy vs unbalanced classes with gutted boring "classes". That is why i said classic was better balanced.

I think about classic while taking a shit because it was shit back then and it will still be shit now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    I think about classic while taking a shit because it was shit back then and it will still be shit now.
    This is what i mean about the open hostility towards classic crowd by the toxic BFA crowd. Both sides have toxicity for sure, but only one side is lashing out worse than the others.

Shouldn't you be doing WQ or something in BFA?

Quote Originally Posted by Ajko View Post
    LSD or MDMA?

“Classic had better lvling experience” ( It was so good that I lvled my first alt in Wotlk)
    “Classes were balanced” ( 1 button spam rotation and going OOM in a middle of the fight )
    “Dungeons were harder” ( Bosses without any mechanics )

What u guys taking ?

This is what i mean about the open hostility towards classic crowd by the toxic BFA crowd. Both sides have toxicity for sure, but only one side is lashing out worse than the others.

Shouldn't you be doing WQ or something in BFA?
    I really wouldn't say that one side is lashing out worse than the others. Both sides do have just as toxic people as the other side and should just be ignored.

Its a pipedream to think WOW classic will sustain anywhere close to the number of active players of retail. An old game that doesnt get updated and is stuck in the past? It will not get new players in any sort of numbers. Retail will stay on top, and you should WANT it to stay on top. If WOW retail dies classic will die with it, it is in everyones best interest for both to remain healthy stop fighting each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Xemioza View Post
    LSD or MDMA?

“Classic had better lvling experience” ( It was so good that I lvled my first alt in Wotlk)
    “Classes were balanced” ( 1 button spam rotation and going OOM in a middle of the fight )
    “Dungeons were harder” ( Bosses without any mechanics )

What u guys taking ?
    Classic had a better leveling experience, period. I can remember zones, leveling up, abilities, talent tree's, etc... it felt like a real RPG. In todays game, i cant remember the last time my character got something i remembered of value, or had a zone i'd call memorable like vanilla.

Classes were balanced in an odd sense of paper, rock, scissors. You could be good at endgame pve, pvp, or leveling but not all 3. 2/3 is what every class basically had, and yes, leveling IS a pillar of vanilla so those classes that suck endgame do shine somewhere.

Dungeons were more unforgiving, which makes them harder by definition. You can screw up a good bit in todays dungeon, and as long as you have gear, you're good and can just aoe it all down. Try that in vanilla and you're gonna have a bad time. It was more tactical, requiring CC, and thus requires more out of the players. And, the gear drops may not even go in your favor so gearing up is more difficult THUS making it all more challenging.