Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Thanks for the info.

How many buttons would u say it takes to play ether Red Mage or Samurai? Ill be playing on a controller and my reaction time isn't what it use to be.
    RDM changed with 5.0 so a lot of buttons change rather than needing two. So you cast jolt, then aero or thunder until you get a proc to cast stone of fire, this builds up your meter to spend on a melee combo which then turns stone and fire into flare and holy. Theres more changes i havent tried yet but i play on ps4 and thats basically holding left trigger and going through like 6 buttons.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm definitely enjoying Dancer, but it kind of kicks in my osu! instincts so it feels pretty slow. Hopefully it favors skill speed because I want to stack the shit out of it.

yeah Dancer is scratching my Hunting Horn Itch and is super mobile. It feels like what i wanted Bard to be rather than an archer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah being able to "run-and-gun" is super appealing to me. I'm loving the range. I'm only level 61, too! I can't wait to have the full DNC kit.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Yeah being able to "run-and-gun" is super appealing to me. I'm loving the range. I'm only level 61, too! I can't wait to have the full DNC kit.
    "Get in the car nerds, we got a dance battle to get to!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmmmm anyone know how to claim the digital CE items on PS4?

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

5+ Year Old Account
    My first impressions are positive. It feels a lot more like a classic JRPG than usual - which is saying a lot, given that it already did.

lvl.65 on DNC just from hunt logs and the daily roullette and so far its pretty easy and seems OP but im not even near SB's second half content wise and don't have the Esprit mechanic at all. But it really feels like RDM and NIN combined with the same buff idea as BRD.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    RDM changed with 5.0 so a lot of buttons change rather than needing two. So you cast jolt, then aero or thunder until you get a proc to cast stone of fire, this builds up your meter to spend on a melee combo which then turns stone and fire into flare and holy. Theres more changes i havent tried yet but i play on ps4 and thats basically holding left trigger and going through like 6 buttons.
    K thx for the info.

Ill look into it more.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    If you rely on shapes that much, you have to wear fancy hats indeed.
    Mostly just on the silhouettes, which all look pretty similar. Hence the problem in the first place. The main difference between races is in the ears, facial features and physical size - You need to look closer to notice that kind of stuff.

The problem with going down the fancy hat route is everyone else has a fancy hat too. Otherwise I'd have a handsome looking Fez and have done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Oh yay, SCH/SMN keeps their pet commands to move them, stay put, or make em go away. I still can have my lazy heal turret.
    I lose like every other of my dots / damaging ability though. zzzzzzzz
    Honestly, I like the direction they seem to be heading with Summoner. It's now more of a pet job than a DoT mage, which is an improvement on the Stormblood itteration. I constantly criticised Squenix for having a Job that was half DoT mage half Pets, putting it more firmly into one catagory gives it a much clearer overall identity. It opens up the door for a true DoT orentated class too, which is a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    "Get in the car nerds, we got a dance battle to get to!"

I'm proud of square the launch is incredibly smooth almost zero issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Honestly, I like the direction they seem to be heading with Summoner. It's now more of a pet job than a DoT mage, which is an improvement on the Stormblood itteration. I constantly criticised Squenix for having a Job that was half DoT mage half Pets, putting it more firmly into one catagory gives it a much clearer overall identity. It opens up the door for a true DoT orentated class too, which is a bonus.
    I was meaning SCH when I said lose all my damaging ability, sorry wasn't a bit clear. I main SCH. SMN is 100% fine with me from what little I've gathered.

do'h since i didn't get the last expansion (But its included with the latest) i have to wait to launch day to play the new stuff.. kinda lame in a way.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    I'm proud of square the launch is incredibly smooth almost zero issues.
    Agreed. was a smooth launch, no lag or issues. The queues are fucked for most roulettes due to healers not being perceived as fun and a new tank/dps class launching.

Until now though. Servers just died for me (Primal).

5+ Year Old Account
    Servers crashed on Crystal, too. Not bad though - that's almost twelve hours with no issues.

Sorry guys I think I jinxed it lol.

I think those of us who turbonerded by waking up at ungodly hours got a break, its closing in on prime times now its probably about to get bad in NA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Sorry guys I think I jinxed it lol.
    This is why people don't say anything yet. :P

Yeah, SCH is going to be boring as hell to level as, probably level as a SMN to level SCH.
    Overall dps with small napkin math I lose about 15% or so dps if I burned all my aetherflows into energy drain at level 70. At level 72 with the dot buff that'd be about 5% dps. Still just 2 button dps though.

Got Gunbreaker to 70 finished up job quests about to jump into ShB proper and the servers decided to get drunk.

Gunbreaker is a hoot though, lots of stuff to press all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Isilarya View Post
    Got Gunbreaker to 70 finished up job quests about to jump into ShB proper and the servers decided to get drunk.

Gunbreaker is a hoot though, lots of stuff to press all the time.
    i only tried a little but it feels like DRK did in HW to me.