Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Republicans are ok with Trump shitting the bed and then smearing it on the walls. But the second the next Democratic President takes office it will be "where did all this shit come from and why are you taking so long to clean it up?"

And they will call themselves the Tea Party and say they never voted for or remember any President named Trump. And why do you keep trying to blame the state of the union on him.

So a shitload of news:

1. US President Donald Trump's administration is to make it more difficult for poorer legal migrants to extend their visas or gain permanent resident status (a green card).

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49323610

To be fair - i can agree with this:"The rule targets migrants who rely on public benefits, such as food aid or public housing, for more than a year."

2. Guards 'severely overworked' at time of Epstein's death

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49322050

Going to call bullshit on this - you CAN get more manpower for such cases if needed. If you did not, well, here starts the whole "he was allowed to off himself" theory.

3. The US federal government has announced an overhaul of the way it enforces the Endangered Species Act, a law credited with prevented countless extinctions.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49323321

Because fuck the nature, economy is more important, cause thats what gets you reelected...

Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    3. The US federal government has announced an overhaul of the way it enforces the Endangered Species Act, a law credited with prevented countless extinctions.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49323321

Because fuck the nature, economy is more important, cause thats what gets you reelected...
    Damn it, this isn't the sort of thing that goes away after we get these clowns out of office either. Dead species tend to stay dead. There isn't any scientific argument even being attempted here, it is just purely attaching an economic review to the protections. In other words, if an animal has the misfortune to nest on some sort of valuable resource, they are just out of luck.

This administration is setting us back decades at a time when we desperately need to be getting our shit together in regard to the environment. Plastics pollution is a crisis, as is carbon emissions, but instead of focusing on these new crisis, they are going back and ripping the band-aids off crisis that we already dealt with. They have damaged the clean water act, approved dangerous pesticides again, and approved new construction with asbestos.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Damn it, this isn't the sort of thing that goes away after we get these clowns out of office either. Dead species tend to stay dead. There isn't any scientific argument even being attempted here, it is just purely attaching an economic review to the protections. In other words, if an animal has the misfortune to nest on some sort of valuable resource, they are just out of luck.

This administration is setting us back decades at a time when we desperately need to be getting our shit together in regard to the environment. Plastics pollution is a crisis, as is carbon emissions, but instead of focusing on these new crisis, they are going back and ripping the band-aids off crisis that we already dealt with. They have damaged the clean water act, approved dangerous pesticides again, and approved new construction with asbestos.
    I really believe that yes, sometimes it is better, in a long term, for us to suffer (not sure if that is the correct word) for a bit, to not get something, than screw up nature more over some economic benefits. I really do not believe that we should leave a dump for our children to figure out, no matter what some politicians who all are gonna be dead in 20-30 years says...

10+ Year Old Account
    The party of fiscal responsibility. /s

You know if Democrats win back the White House and Senate next year the GOP is immediately going to start blaming them for the deficit rather than admitting that the Tax Scam of 2017 was a massive budget-busting failure. It's what they always do.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Trump, McConnell campaigns sell "Back-to-Back Supreme Court Champs" T-shirts https://t.co/6uiHNyV9Jp
    https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/s...449206785?s=19

It's a class A troll but I wish people would understand that elections have consequences.

At least Republicans are cut throat and smart enough to know that electing this monstrosity they could influence the courts for generations.

I usually turn on Trumpkins and say 'don't cry when this happens'. Goes to the same who did not vote in 2106.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

7+ Year Old Account
    Evangelicals fine with ever goddamn thing Trump says and does, except that goddamn word.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...fanity-1456178

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post

It's a class A troll but I wish people would understand that elections have consequences.

At least Republicans are cut throat and smart enough to know that electing this monstrosity they could influence the courts for generations.

I usually turn on Trumpkins and say 'don't cry when this happens'. Goes to the same who did not vote in 2106.
    Yeah, bipartisanship is dead and there's no point in working with Republicans when they never act in good faith. I hope the Democrats have learned their lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Evangelicals fine with ever goddamn thing Trump says and does, except that goddamn word.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...fanity-1456178
    Article mentions criticism for "2 corinthians rather than second corinthians". What? People call it that all the time in churches I've been to, no controversy there. It does continue to be hilarious to me that Drumpf is somehow "the Christian candidate" in spite of...y'know, everything else he does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    Yeah, bipartisanship is dead and there's no point in working with Republicans when they never act in good faith. I hope the Democrats have learned their lesson.
    The corollary of "the divide between the parties is too great for compromise to exist" is that, if one party is demographically advantaged in the incoming future (the Democrats, by basically every analysis made), then the other party (the Republicans) get to choose between A> radically reforming their platform to fall much closer to their opponents', and hoping to attract some of their voters, or B> dying out, completely, as a political entity.

See also the Whig Party in early American history, which chose Option B.

10+ Year Old Account

"Yo, but Hilary was boring and didn't excite me so who care if 2 SC seats were lost"

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Look at them, celebrating the politicization of what was supposed to be the non-political branch of the government.

The Founders, who conservative politicians love to invoke so often, would be losing their god-damned shit at the behavior of the Republican party right now.

I wonder if we will see Farm Bailout Package number 3? Is this the winning that those in the Mid-West about their futures? Will he win out of blind loyalty if the generational asset is lost? I am curious at this point.
    Last edited by jeezusisacasual; 2019-08-13 at 01:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jeezusisacasual View Post
    I wonder if we will see Farm Bailout Package number 3? Is this the winning that those in the Mid-West about their futures? Will he win out of blind loyalty if the generational asset is lost? I am curious at this point.
    I think a better question is what won't he do if he thinks he's losing.

Look at them, celebrating the politicization of what was supposed to be the non-political branch of the government.

The Founders, who conservative politicians love to invoke so often, would be losing their god-damned shit at the behavior of the Republican party right now.
    How about Abraham Lincoln he is their pride and joy that they love to pull out all the time. If he could, I would bet all the money in the world he would rise from the grave to kick the ever loving shit out of every single "Republican" in Washington.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    How about Abraham Lincoln he is their pride and joy that they love to pull out all the time. If he could, I would bet all the money in the world he would rise from the grave to kick the ever loving shit out of every single "Republican" in Washington.
    Well he would probably be a Democrat looking at the way the parties evolved.

The GOP is what it is. They don't care about logic, morals, being fair, taking responsibility, any of that. Trying to hold them to any sort of virtue or integrity is pointless.

All they care about is power and winning, they don't care about the means it takes to get their either.

The sooner Democrats and those who don't want to play the GOPs game realize shaming (or educating) the GOP doesn't work, the better.

The more time that can spent on real campaign strategy, policy, and plans to correct the ship.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    I think a better question is what won't he do if he thinks he's losing.
    It's a very disconcerning subject. If Trump loses the 2020 election, he'll have about 2 months to wreck havoc on this county in a way that we have yet to see. Which is doubly terrifying considering what he's already done to weaken and destroy this country.

The list of who he'll pardon alone is a terrifying thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    How about Abraham Lincoln he is their pride and joy that they love to pull out all the time.
    "We're the party of Lincoln!" shouts the man waving a Confederate flag.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    "We're the party of Lincoln!" shouts the man waving a Confederate flag.
    This is a hilarious but realistic thought hahaha