7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    You say that, but they retconned Legion as of Nazjatar.
    Eh, wanna elaborate on that?

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I for one am awaiting the reveal that ties the bee mount to N'zoths plans.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably talking about how Azshara took the Tidestone from the tomb.
    Thalyssra claims Suramar rebelled against Azshara, and the city was shielded to protect the Tidestone from her.
    But only last expansion, the shield went up because of the Legion. There was no mention of any rebellion, the shield went up because of all the demons, and the Tidestone was in Azsuna instead of Suramar.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account

A retcon would mean it was never really put there which is nonsense. Sure it was taken easily but I wouldn't call that a retcon..just something done offscreen.....which is not unheard of.

Thalyssra claims Suramar rebelled against Azshara, and the city was shielded to protect the Tidestone from her.
    Considering the fate of the Elves in Azuna....yeah they had every right to and it makes sense.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2019-09-23 at 08:47 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I for one am awaiting the reveal that ties the bee mount to N'zoths plans.

- - - Updated - - -

That isnt really a retcon though, given that they talked about how they stole it in this one. Which honestly shouldnt even be that difficult, considering noone was shown to even guard it.

The Bee mount is obviously part of a sinister plan by N'zoth to distract us from the greater battle by putting us in close proximity to constant buzzing, therefore putting us in a trance-like state, where we might be easier made to do his dark bidding.
    Bees are the insectiod that spawned from N'zoth you see, and like the Mantid, while their society has evolved beyond direct servitude, they still serve their master without question.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    We're specifically talking about what the 2000 points of encrypted data in the patch is. The four races I listed have all those things in the game already. Except the questline itself.
    Ankoa don't have sexual dymorphism, and I'm pretty sure can't wear normal armor. And mechagnomes can't wear any armor on their robotic limbs, it literally doesn't show up on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    A retcon would mean it was never really put there which is nonsense. Sure it was taken easily but I wouldn't call that a retcon..just something done offscreen.....which is not unheard of.
    Thats not what he meant, why not respond to that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Ah yes, he wrote the expansion where she does incredibly scummy things and everyone, including his """"self insert"""" grows increasingly at odds with her choices and mindset, "for her". That's definitely how I'd do it.
    never said he is a good one
    I remember when Metzen wrote that expansion where Thrall started killing innocents and enslaving people to use as suicide bombers because he loved the character so much.
    is how people like her, genocidal evil and edgy character

But only last expansion, the shield went up because of the Legion. There was no mention of any rebellion, the shield went up because of all the demons, and the Tidestone was in Azsuna instead of Suramar.
    I believe Thalyssra mentioned that they iontended to keep the pillars of creation away, not specifically the Tidestone, and given they had the eye inside the Nighthold i guess they were speaking the truth.
    There is also the slight possibility that Thalyssra is twisting the truth to avoid having ot admit that they were cowards, which would be quite in line with her characterization in BfA when she did nothing while she joined the faction of genocidal maniacs.

it sounds like minor retcon. in grand scheme of thing all that matters is that they shielded and isolated themselves from the world because of what azshara did, also i don't think she said anything directly abount tidestone, just generally about pillars

7+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes, that.
    Suramar protecting the pillars.

I wish people would talk about that more, it's probably one of their bigger consistency fuck ups.
    It straight up makes absolutely no sense.

Like my god.
    -Tidestone destroyed by the time it went up
    -Aegis were in HoV
    -Tear of Elune was in Val'sharah
    -Hammer of Khaz'goroth was in Highmountain possession.

The only pillar they had was the Eye of Aman'thul.
    "Protecting the pillars from Azshara" my fucking ass.

Formerly known as Arafal

The entire "story" behind Azshara getting the Tidestone is just major bs. Blizzard had no idea how to set it up properly, it was executed poorly.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I think what's most confusing is that there was NO REASON Azshara couldn't just do the water-parting thing by herself. She's supposed to be that powerful in lore, isn't she?

Unless there's payoff for the "oops people are stealing the macguffins from the tomb" idea I see no idea why they even used the Tidestone again.

Quote Originally Posted by brt2pp View Post
    it sounds like minor retcon. in grand scheme of thing all that matters is that they shielded and isolated themselves from the world because of what azshara did, also i don't think she said anything directly abount tidestone, just generally about pillars
    Isn't the whole broken islands part of suramar ? I assumed they shielded the whole islands from here is the meaning not that all the pillars are in the city itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think what's most confusing is that there was NO REASON Azshara couldn't just do the water-parting thing by herself. She's supposed to be that powerful in lore, isn't she?

Unless there's payoff for the "oops people are stealing the macguffins from the tomb" idea I see no idea why they even used the Tidestone again.
    I mean she was already after it in the first place in Legion so...why not again. Speculative on my part but I guess she wanted the Tidestone to sorta help with the Zothy boy's prison. Since we screwed that plan up....well other things had to happen and well Magni and Azeroth had just the idea(Unintentionally obvious) and the Heart of Azeroth was the Old God's plan B.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalham View Post
    Isn't the whole broken islands part of suramar?
    No, Each zone is literally it's own little region.
    Azsuna had it's own Palace complex and was controlled by Farondis.

They only shielded their city, Thal even showed us.

Formerly known as Arafal

Actually, I did the quests on horde recently, and they seem to have changed Thalyssras statement to be less self-serving and lore inconsistent.

Blizzard seem to be really hyping this patch now, huh? I was kinda worried this entire patch was gonna be a dud, but now I am getting a bit hopeful about all the encrypted stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone I don't like
    Something I perceive as stupid or overly emotional.
    A quote that justifies my ideology, or attributes my opposition's position to ignorance or selfishness. - Some Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    They only shielded their city, Thal even showed us.[/video]
    I can't remember if it's just energy or if there's also solid metal involved, but all around the city (including in the ocean to the south) you can see remnants of the barrier going around the whole thing.

The barrier looks to have been what cut through the bridge between the city and the temple to Elune that became the Tomb of Sargeras.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I mean, WoWHead and MMO-C take a part of the blame too, but I guess, yeah. Dammit.
    I assume they choose you specifically because you've always been very transparent about the mechanics of what you are doing, how you are looking through the data, using tables, connecting dots, etc. so they were able to figure out how dataminers were approaching the data and employ new methods to hide bits from those approaches.

8.3 was also rumored to when Sylvannas turns the tables against the alliance. The horde itself is split with Sylvannas and Saurfang and his group. A blow against the alliance would show that both Anduin and Saurfang side need to team up to deal with her. N'zoth and Azshara might not show until the final patch or leading up to it. The leak with stormwind harbor might be legit. Helya was said to play a role in BFA, this could be it. Sylvannas using Helya to aid her against stormwind. Thunderbluff is just a misdirection, we've known Sylvannas has wanted stormwind its even talked about. Having Thrall mention Thunderbluff is a way to distract players from the real objective. Plus doesn't Varimathras mention
    "When your thrones run red with betrayal... when your holy places burn and the shattered mask hangs above your hearth... only then you will know. And it will be too late."
    I feel like the upcoming cinematic is gonna show someone on the alliance side as a traitor. Derek possibly? or maybe someone else.Doubt it will involve dwarves,gnomes,dranei,voidelves. Would only leave humans,nightelves,and worgen. Stupidiest thing they could do is have a nightelf turn against there own. Blaming alliance against the burning of teldrassil. Then again this is alex and danuser we are talking about. A blow will be dealth to the alliance, even after having to deal with Teldarassil burning. Danuser and Alex will most likely be having something happen. A death maybe, but whose?

" Tell me, when she seized your throne of hides and bones, was your allegiance forced? No... I'd wager you surrendered it willingly... or were convinced you did.
    Varimathras: It matters not. You are blind to the darkness in your midst. - This has me wondering if she had struck a deal with the legion to have Voljin taken out,just so she could assume power. We still don't know who told voljin to name her as warchief. Majority of the time you don't see her focused on the legion while on the broken shores. She's more focused on the Valkyr and looking to get more. Instead the other horde races are pushing back at the legion while shes off on her little chase for power. How would horde players feel is she was behind Voljin's death?