Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Blizzard had to do this, they are all in to get customers back. They banned chinese HS streamer and people now are protesting Blizzard in Hong Kong streets, other are boycotting Blizzard as well.
    I find it hilarious you think all of this work was done overnight to appease players.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhas View Post
    Maybe blizz will finally revamp the starting zone for DK, so that's why new races can be DK
    This will be a travesty. Easily the best starting experience in WoW. Shits on the DH starting zone

I mean, it'd make sense for them to make more death knights, the 4th War gave them pleeeeentyyy of corpses to raise.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    people theorize that it will be a new starting area for dks, so its with bolvar and darion creating new ones, from the corpses of the 4th war.

could be just for then, something minor, or something bigger like a lv squish+world revamp, new starting are for DKs at lv 1-10 like other classes.
    Then I gotta ask... why would all the living races allow such a thing? Why would they allow Bolvar desecrate the graves of their fallen to bring out more death knights?

The Lich King was one thing, he was a villain, wasn't interested in asking permission, but Bolvar... isn't. He's an anti-hero, yes, but he's "technically" on the side of good, and I think desecrating the dead would not really look good for the Alliance and the Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    We'll really just have to wait until Blizzcon to find out unless they add something in a ptr patch sooner. Some AR's make sense to be DKs but most are just MAYBE. Dark Irons, Pandaren, and Zandalari are the only ones i can think that work as they could have been present.
    Zandalari yes. Pandaren, no, as there were little to no pandaren outside Pandaria or the Wandering Isle. The few that existed are too few warrant the race/class combo. Dark Irons, maybe, but I thought they confined themselves just to their mountain until recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I wouldn't celebrate just yet. Yes, it'd be nice to have more race/class combos, but ARs death knights don't make much sense, lore-wise, so I'm wondering if it'll be actual playable AR DKs, or just NPCs.

After all, it could just be used for NPCs in the "Visions of N'Zoth" scenarios.
    Draenei Deathknight. Almost every single AR makes about as much or more sense as that. If some Draenei accidentially stumbled through the Dark Portal and then up from the Blasted Lands towards the eastern plaguelands, then some inhabitant of the south seas could have easily done as well. Heck we know that the LK was on the broken isles, even some nightborne wretch could be explained and it wouldn't be as stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Highly doubt it is what people think it is.

No chance there are LF or VE DKs. No chance there are mechagnome DKs.

Panda DKs, I could see. And people thinking this is somehow bad lore are really bizarre. The LK has continued to be active so why the hell would he not be instructing people to make new DKs.
    I don't see why not, if the Lich King can raise worgen who are apparently immune to undeath (check silverpine undead quest for that plot.) then I am certain he can raise "newly discovered" races as well. It's not like they are willingly signing up for death knight bootcamp, its kind of against their will, being dead and all. Sure Mechagnomes are a lil sketch considering they are part machine, but still, that other half is very much alive and anything alive can be turned raise into undeath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Draenei Deathknight. Almost every single AR makes about as much or more sense as that. If some Draenei accidentially stumbled through the Dark Portal and then up from the Blasted Lands towards the eastern plaguelands, then some inhabitant of the south seas could have easily done as well. Heck we know that the LK was on the broken isles, even some nightborne wretch could be explained and it wouldn't be as stupid.
    Draeneis existed in the world before Wrath. They fought for the Alliance and died in Azeroth, before the Lich King sent his minions out to recover the bodies of the champions of the Alliance and Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by reploid View Post
    Death Knight NPC Textures and The Lich King
    Along with the regular player races, Allied races and Pandaren got Death Knight NPC textures in this build.
    There's been a DK panda NPC since the WoD garrison followers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Then I gotta ask... why would all the living races allow such a thing? Why would they allow Bolvar desecrate the graves of their fallen to bring out more death knights?
    You would assume he would want or ask permission for it, knowing how the Death knights act on the class halls, like invading other class halls, taking corpses and rasing new DKs like Nazgrin they would do as they please

Zandalari yes. Pandaren, no, as there were little to no pandaren outside Pandaria or the Wandering Isle. The few that existed are too few warrant the race/class combo. Dark Irons, maybe, but I thought they confined themselves just to their mountain until recently?
    canonically there is one pandaren DK, but the point would be they raising new ones, so everyone could be one, since everybody participate in the 4 war.

Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    I don't see why not, if the Lich King can raise worgen who are apparently immune to undeath (check silverpine undead quest for that plot.) t
    the worgens were immune to the methods sylvanas used, the LK is a far more stronger necromancer.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2019-10-11 at 10:19 AM.

Draeneis existed in the world before Wrath. They fought for the Alliance and died in Azeroth, before the Lich King sent his minions out to recover the bodies of the champions of the Alliance and Horde.
    They were ultra rare before BC. Broken were around the southern parts of EK, but normal draenei were not, the majority had never even seen one before.

You would assume he would want or ask permission for it, knowing how the Death knights act on the class halls, like invading other class halls, taking corpses and rasing new DKs like Nazgrin they would do as they please

The Lich King was one thing, he was a villain, wasn't interested in asking permission, but Bolvar... isn't. He's an anti-hero, yes, but he's "technically" on the side of good, and I think desecrating the dead would not really look good for the Alliance and the Horde.
    I had thought that too, but after playing a lot of the DK during legion, as well as some mage. He sounds more and more like a suspicious villain than an anti-hero now. I mean they could work it in with him raising them, asking and then returning them to the grave. Even then I am sure some would likely agree, I mean even for a lightforged the option of "Stay dead or come back in undeath to defend those you love" isn't a bad choice, over all.

the worgens were immune to the methods sylvanas used, the LK is a far more stronger necromancer.
    That's also my point, the fact that he is vastly stronger. So if Arthas can do it, then Bolvar should have little issue raising something like a LF or VE.
    Last edited by Keristrasza; 2019-10-11 at 06:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Pointing out a single existence of a race/class combo isn't an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by reploid View Post
    Death Knight NPC Textures and The Lich King
    Along with the regular player races, Allied races and Pandaren got Death Knight NPC textures in this build.
    As much as I love dk, the shaman vulp totems are super cute.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    Plot twist: they're textures for a new Pandaren DK NPC newly created by Bolvar, we don't get to play Panda DKs
    Finally a new model for her.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    That's kind of the point though, they wouldn't be shoehorning new races into the Wrath era starting zone. They would up updating the starting experience and updating the story in general by doing this. It would bring the starting zone into the BfA/new expac era.
    Revamp is looking more and more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhas View Post
    Maybe blizz will finally revamp the starting zone for DK, so that's why new races can be DK
    Sounds awful. The DK starting area is one the better things in the game.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Blizzard had to do this, they are all in to get customers back. They banned chinese HS streamer and people now are protesting Blizzard in Hong Kong streets, other are boycotting Blizzard as well.
    There is a leak that already said about Death knight Pandaren https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...highlight=leak

It's not just because protesting now.

He didn't ask the Silver Hand for permission when he wanted his Deathlord to rise Tirion Fordring as a Death Knight. He pretty much didn't ask for permission any relatives before raising his new horseman. Why would he ask for permission now?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Pointing out a single existence of a race/class combo isn't an argument.
    It's not but the fact that there is a npc texture for every male and female of every race that can't be a death knight with a Knights of the Ebon Blade tabard and some plate looking armor clearly seem to imply the possiblity of those races getting access to Death Knight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is just me, or the idea of Lightforged Draneai DK is really weird

Note: Though having in mind my favorite DK options are normally female Draneai, i'm ok with this
    Last edited by Maxilian; 2019-10-11 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    They were ultra rare before BC. Broken were around the southern parts of EK, but normal draenei were not, the majority had never even seen one before.
    But they weren't "ultra rare" during the Burning Crusade expansion. That's what I meant.