Poll: Bring back a standard gear system + tier sets?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, for f8ck sake yes, no more proc or any sh8t of anything, this is probably the biggest turn off reason for me to get back to hardcore raiding
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Nah, I do want tier sets back but I am fine with there being some randomness to gearing. What I want is to dial back how much an item titanforge or whatever, maybe cap it like weapons are with 10 ilevels over baseline at most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I voted no because I still want item level to matter—I don't want the game to become "Vanillafied". Just add reforging and a way to upgrade your items' ilvl manually (with some kind of currency) and I'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Imagine getting your enjoyment from RNG procs instead of actual gameplay.
    Because there's no RNG in classic at all
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Would you like Blizzard to bring back a completely standard gear system + tier sets?

Standard gear system:
    - No corrupted gear
    - No titanforging
    - No azerite gear
    - No benthic gear

I'm just curious.
    I don't mind except that three of your examples on the list are clearly theme and limited to certain content.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Imagine being so salty that you no longer feel joy when you get lucky.
    Something tells me this one hasn't gotten lucky in years.

No way.

Tier sets means you have to do Mythic raid for that stupid set in highest quality.

Nobody liked that because it was not obtainable for most people.

Whatever you all want: tier sets are most likely not going to come back

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Well, I voted no because I still want item level to matter—I don't want the game to become "Vanillafied". Just add reforging and a way to upgrade your items' ilvl manually (with some kind of currency) and I'll be happy.
    I didn't mean vanilla gear. We would still have different raid difficulties so of course ilvl should matter.

Mythic gear > Heroic gear > Normal gear > get rid of LFR

10+ Year Old Account
    I say they should get rid of all RNG ever. Removes stats, only ilvl exists as an actual stat. On top of that, loot not longer drops randomly, each boss requires x number of kills and once that is reached you will get a predetermined piece of loot. You should be able to calculate to the second how long it will take you to gear up.

Quote Originally Posted by swatsonqt View Post
    No way.

Tier sets means you have to do Mythic raid for that stupid set in highest quality.

Well I guess I am nobody then, I always enjoyed tier sets...

So yes, please Blizzard; give back tier sets.
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

No way.

I like a system where the best gear are not obtainable by most people. It should only be obtainable by the hardest content. But that's just my opinion

I like a system where the best gear are not obtainable by most people. It should only be obtainable by the hardest content. But that's just my opinion
    No no no, stop being mean. We live in a time where it's unreasonable to expect people to do "hard" content to get good gear.
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

Quote Originally Posted by The King in Yellow View Post
    No no no, stop being mean. We live in a time where it's unreasonable to expect people to do "hard" content to get good gear.
    Definitely. The game needs more welfare!!!

Jokes aside, the game is lacking mythic raiding guilds. And rewards are definitely one way to get more people into mythic raiding.

No way.

I don’t have the time to raid Mythic and I couldn’t care less if those who can have better gear than me.

IMO it’s a no brainer that the best and coolest gear drop in mythic raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would you like Blizzard to bring back a completely standard gear system + tier sets?

Standard gear system:
    - No corrupted gear
    - No titanforging
    - No azerite gear
    - No benthic gear

I'm just curious.
    Totally nope. I want more random gear. Random affixes with good and bad effects, with good/bad/awesome/ok combinations. Diablo/PoE style.

I didn't mean vanilla gear. We would still have different raid difficulties so of course ilvl should matter.

Mythic gear > Heroic gear > Normal gear > get rid of LFR
    LFR won't get removed, because it will drive the casual players away. That might sound like a good thing to you, but it won't to those casual players, or (more importantly) to the investors.

The mechanics in WoW (and most MMOs in general) do no work well with "interesting" gear. What ever Blizzard thinks is interesting isn't that to begin with, I mean truly interesting effects that interact with the world, you know the stuff you'd see in actual RPGs.

You can't have a "sword of divine evaporation" that just kills every water elemental in one hit, you can't have spells that collapse a house, set a wide area ablaze, cripple your enemies, curse them with misfortune, freeze them so you can shatter them with a well placed strike of your weapon, etc. All of these things are just not facilitated in WoW. In WoW the hight of game design is 20 muppets wailing on some twat, no matter if it's a human or a mountain sized eldritch horror, with the same impotent weapons, skills and abilitites for 10 minutes straight.

Make gear great again!

Anyway, id like it if they found a middleground. Something like this:

Gear cant TF/WF, gear gives ilevels based on difficulty you do(LFR, normal, HC, Mythic).
    Implement token/badge system so people can run dungeons/raids for it and over time have enough to buy items they lack from drops.
    Give us the option to add flavour/spark to items. Maybe a reward from doing higher difficulty raids?

Quote Originally Posted by KYZ123 View Post
    LFR won't get removed, because it will drive the casual players away. That might sound like a good thing to you, but it won't to those casual players, or (more importantly) to the investors.
    I was just joking. I don't really care about LFR. It's doesn't affect me whatsoever

Quote Originally Posted by Testodruid View Post
    Imagine you had to to the highest level of content do obtain the highest level gear, mind-blowing!
    It's a crazy concept in 2019