Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    But what kind of legit non-advertising source could there be for that logo at this point?
    Is Legion trademarked even?

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Is Legion trademarked even?
    Yes it is. At least I’ve found several Legion trademark entries.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Is Legion the most obvious xpac in WoW's history? I remember everyone and his mother could predict it.

60 new Pages? What did I miss?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yeah, Bastion is the biggest weakness of that leak.
    We agree it's a crap name right? Kyrian works just fine especially because of the Val'kyr, but Bastion? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    60 new Pages? What did I miss?
    Have you seen the Bastion/Kyrian/Shadowlands alleged leak which is now in the front page? If so, then you haven't missed a thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Is Legion the most obvious xpac in WoW's history? I remember everyone and his mother could predict it.
    It was more predictable than any other expansion, yes.

Everything else was quite out of nowhere.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    It was more predictable than any other expansion, yes.

Everything else was quite out of nowhere.
    The fact that it would focus on the Legion was predictable. The Broken Isles really weren't though!

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    However, if you look at the letters for "Warcraft", you'll see that it's not just a blatant copy of the Legion's logo. They have detail that the Legion's logo lacks, and given the overall quality of this logo, I have no doubt that whoever made it (if it is fake) would've been able to make rays of light that point in different directions. But as someone else pointed out to me, why should they? Why should the light rays go in different directions when they have the same source and they're passing through the same letters?
    The extra detail can be achieved simply by blending in the letters of one of the other logos. Particularly the BfA logo, which also has more saturation from the bottom up, just like this Shadowlands logo.

It really isn't difficult to make a somewhat convincing WoW logo. A 3D cg render is something else though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt you can trademark Legion or Shadowlands. "World of Warcraft: Legion" however is another story.
    Did they trademark it as World of Warcraft Legion, without a colon? I recall there was trouble finding it for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Also Bastion is a terrible name. It literally just is a synonym of stronghold or fortification.
    Bastion is legit the dumbest, most uninspired name. Really hoping it's a fake just cuz of that.

We'll find out in 5 days I guess.

I will say I think its Shadowlands because they have a writer who is clearly in to the Malazan series (Tattersail on the horde ship in BFA, the Garden of the Moon in Legion). That picture reminds me very much of the Deadhouse Gates and would explain a lot about Sylvanas as her BFA arc has a lot in common with a character in that series.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    But... that's how the light would travel through those letters
    People are grasping at straws to convince us this isn't legit.

10+ Year Old Account
    We agree it's a crap name right? Kyrian works just fine especially because of the Val'kyr, but Bastion? Really?
    Well there is Bastion's Keep in D3

Blizzard is more about portmanteaus or "X of Z" when it comes to actual words and they usually prefer to use things that sounds more vernacular to the Warcraft universe anyway.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet June Bug View Post
    Bastion is legit the dumbest, most uninspired name. Really hoping it's a fake just cuz of that.

We'll find out in 5 days I guess.
    Welcome back June Bug!

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Well there is Bastion's Keep in D3
    That's such a stupid name. So redundant. It's like calling a place... I don't know, Citadel's Fortress?

All this drama and fake leaks just adds up to the hype. Im SO ready for Blizzcon, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    When it comes to how the story was evolving - yes.
    However, I believe that finding things such as Howling Fjord textures in 2.1 files was making the next expac obvious too. Same for others that were leaked.
    But yeah, I agree that without any leaks everyone was expecting Legion's theme.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's such a stupid name. So redundant. It's like calling a place... I don't know, Citadel's Fortress?
    I'm just saying it's not out of the ordinary for Blizzard to go with these kinds of names.