5+ Year Old Account
    Think about the one Frozen scene with Elsa's hair clipping thru her body I'm p sure sometimes in CGI u intentionally skip out on realism for the sake of creative flow, plus again its a still image, im sure in motion you'd barely notice it.

Though I'm still waiting for someone to come out and admit its all fake just like last year, only a matter of time imo.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by reploid View Post

The armor is being shot by light and producing a reflection. Suddenly this reflection is being interrupted by a shadow that's supposedly coming from the forearm, but the forearm should be behind the rest of the body, so it shouldn't do that. Thats not how light works. If his forearm was at a different angle and truly preventing the light reflection on the armor, it shouldn't just be on that one spot.
    lol dat dedication.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Im not convinced on the cinematic. The Shadowlands Logo and Art and OW2 stuff I am pretty convinced on. And I am a stubborn lil shit so...
    Same here. Always good to be on the same side as the Butter Queen.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    Think about the one Frozen scene with Elsa's hair clipping thru her body I'm p sure sometimes in CGI u intentionally skip out on realism for the sake of creative flow, plus again its a still image, im sure in motion you'd barely notice it.

Though I'm still waiting for someone to come out and admit its all fake just like last year, only a matter of time imo.
    My only hope is that if it's fake, the person who made it releases the full HD wallpaper version cos I need that

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, you guys are going full on detective mode

Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    Damn, you guys are going full on detective mode
    I mean, its just one person who thinks their expert at how light is rendered in cinematics...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    My only hope is that if it's fake, the person who made it releases the full HD wallpaper version cos I need that
    Yeah it's an amazing piece of art real or not, I think it def deserves to be immortalized thru a high-res wallpaper.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Tell that to Blizzard on Friday because I guarantee you are thinking about it more than they did.
    Sigh, ok, I'll just say this last bit and shut up. The reason why the forearm is interrupting the light reflection on the rest of the armor is because it was pasted afterwards, which proves this thing is practically a collage, hence not made by blizzard, but believe what you will.

The armor is being shot by light and producing a reflection. Suddenly this reflection is being interrupted by a shadow that's supposedly coming from the forearm, but the forearm should be behind the rest of the body, so it shouldn't do that. Thats not how light works. If his forearm was at a different angle and truly preventing the light reflection on the armor, it shouldn't just be on that one spot.
    I...what?

The bicep's shadow is coming from "itself" by being close to the body. The shadow on the forearm is being cast from the hammer above it.

Sigh, ok, I'll just say this last bit and shut up. The reason why the forearm is interrupting the light reflection on the rest of the armor is because it was pasted afterwards, which proves this thing is practically a collage, hence not made by blizzard, but believe what you will.
    Im with you. But if its all Patchworked (heh) together then where is the sources? Which ones? Especially the flame stuff?

Also. I haven't been this excited for an expac since WoD. Hope they dont mess it up...like WoD

5+ Year Old Account

are you a graphic arist do you work for a company makes this kinda stuff ?
    yes ok cool make something to prove this
    No then how do you know how it works ?

i am not sayiung its real but its really imprisive stop picking it apart and appicate its amazing art
    Last edited by Thatch Rackham; 2019-10-28 at 03:39 AM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im with you. But if its all Patchworked (heh) together then where is the sources? Which ones? Especially the flame stuff?

Also. I haven't been this excited for an expac since WoD. Hope they dont mess it up...like WoD
    I fluxuate between thinking blizz could pull this off and expecting them to pull the rug out from under me by not touching pre-120 content at all.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine being that skilled and making a fake leak. I wish I was that skilled

Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    Imagine being that skilled and making a fake leak. I wish I was that skilled
    For real though. If it turns out fake I want to know who made it. They did a phenomenal job. Usually its so obvious. But this time is different.

I really don't want to take part in this discussion, but i wonder how many lighting mistakes or uneven little details we could find if we dissect older cinematics frame by frame.

Like I said, how does anyone even intuit the lighting source, its intensity, etc.

It's such a weird hill to dig up, let alone die on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not convinced on the cinematic. The Shadowlands Logo and Art and OW2 stuff I am pretty convinced on. And I am a stubborn lil shit so...
    We miss you Paula. I think all you mentioned is real but we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    We miss you Paula. I think all you mentioned is real but we shall see.
    I have no clue. I trusted someone last time. Didn't pan out. Won't be doing that anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no clue. I trusted someone last time. Didn't pan out. Won't be doing that anymore.
    You thought BFA was going to be something else?

The hint are always store mounts. Simple as that. Check that blue dragon.
    (Removed for Violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)