I didn't know about the artwork so I am wrong on that one. However the wording still looks too amateur to me, like an old commercial when they would just be like 'buy this thing!' rather than all the psychological mind games they play now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    Everyone hated on High Mountain so much during the beta, I did it first and thought it was awesome.

Once you run around the place 2-3 times, you memorize it just like every other zone.

Not every zone should be flat and easy to navigate.
    I loved the Highmountain storyline, and the zone design itself didn't bother me too much.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    What are the most boring zones in the history of WoW? I will start. Blade's edge and Plaquelands!
    Boring:
    The Broken Shore
    Valsharah
    Stormsong Valley
    There isn’t any boring MoP zone
    Dragonblight
    Boring Tundra
    Hellfire Peninsula
    Blade Edge
    Gorgrond
    Frostfire Valley
    Azshara
    Nazjatar

Best:
    Shadowmoon Valley (Both)
    Talador
    Spires of Arak
    All the Forsaken leveling zones
    Eversong
    Ghostlands
    Icecrown
    Grizzly Hills
    Stone talon mountains
    All of MoP
    Drustvar
    All of Zandalar
    Westfall
    Duskwood
    Mount Hyjal
    Twilight highlands
    High mountain

And the best zone ever created: SURAMAR
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zexaniro View Post
    It makes sense for some zones to be hard to navigate and mountainous, I mean it's literally called Highmountain whereas it comes across as unnecessary and design filler to make a zone like Nazjatar hard to navigate and full of boring mountains that don't add any flavour.
    Well it is hard to navigate because the bottom of it was never supposed to be navigable. I mean with flying it's just how it was before the water was removed
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragtox View Post
    nah drustvar was the best alliance zone in bfa but i kinda find mechagon more fun tho
    For me Drustvar is a high contender for being the best zone. period.

Yes, a Bfa Zone. I really fucking liked it.

Stormsong is just so... bland? I really feel as though the zone artists were going through a creative block with BFA, either that or the direction was a mess. I didn't find any of the zones particularly immersive or interesting.
    Pretty much, though I enjoyed the flavor/atmosphere of both Drustvar and Tiragarde Sound. Stormsong otoh was boring and lasted fooooooooorrreeeeeeevvvveeeeeerrrrr. I usually really like the Old God stuff in WoW, so it was incredible to me how they managed to make that zone an absolute chore.

I don’t know, of all expansions I think BfA had the worst zones overall. All of them have been mediocre at best. Nazmir and Voldun are horrible, so are Tiragarde and Stormsong. Nazjatar is the worst of all. Drustvar and Zuldazar are okay, I’ve never set a foot at Mechagon. I anticipated Kul Tiras so much for several years yet it didn’t leave any impression on me (Boralus is amazing though).

In Legion Suramar was so outstandingly well done that it hurts BfA much that it didn’t have a counterpart. The awful remade Warfront zones couldn’t make up for that.

Just hoping 9.0 will have way better and more interesting zones than BfA. And I really hope it’s not Northrend again.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    For me Drustvar is a high contender for being the best zone. period.

Yes, a Bfa Zone. I really fucking liked it.

voldun is where its at for bfa imo ;D

Drustvar is extremeley overrated - cluttered with the monochromatic theme coming across as jarring. I like most people, find the questline to be the most interesting, but it was still rlly cliche and meh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I don’t know, of all expansions I think BfA had the worst zones overall. All of them have been mediocre at best. Nazmir and Voldun are horrible, so are Tiragarde and Stormsong. Nazjatar is the worst of all. Drustvar and Zuldazar are okay, I’ve never set a foot at Mechagon. I anticipated Kul Tiras so much for several years yet it didn’t leave any impression on me (Boralus is amazing though).

In Legion Suramar was so outstandingly well done that it hurts BfA much that it didn’t have a counterpart. The awful remade Warfront zones couldn’t make up for that.

Just hoping 9.0 will have way better and more interesting zones than BfA. And I really hope it’s not Northrend again.
    !!

it's really bizarre to me how people hail the BFA zones as 'the best yet' umm, where? from a design perspective they're easily the worst and most uncreative Blizz has ever been.

I would probably say that Nazmir was my favourite zone in BfA (with Drustvar and Vol'dun further down the line). They absolutely nailed that atmosphere of putrid, dangerous swamp with both visuals and music.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorthonion1 View Post
    Lol at how everyone think that Shadowlands poster is real. First, the art is OK (not stunning, just professional looking) but those towers could literally be anything and made for any game/comic. They don't even look 'shadowy': surely, if they are on an announcement poster for a 'Shadowlands' expansion, they would look darker? That's not to say there might not be light zones in a shadow expansion but not on the poster advertising the game - that would be like WotLK having Sholazar Basin dominate the cinematic.
    Do you even know what a shadow is? It exist because of light. Without light there can't be a shadow.

So it makes sense to have light zones in such an expansion. And to not experience shadow fatigue (like orc (WoD) or fel fatigue (Legion) before) Blizzard would like to add some diverse coloured zones, not just purple and black.

And if the art is beautiful, what's stopping Blizzard from using it? It's really a silly argument.

Is anyone honestly expecting an entire expansion in darkness with purple and black tones and only ghosts and skeletons? Please. That would be boring after a few days.

Stormsong is just so... bland? I really feel as though the zone artists were going through a creative block with BFA, either that or the direction was a mess. I didn't find any of the zones particularly immersive or interesting.
    I really wanted to like Stormsong, and visually its a pretty zone, but the story is just rather mediocre and you can kinda tell the zone design and story were created at different times since the main story of the zone really doesn't go beyond the eastern half of it. The western half is just a random hodgepodge of stories and themes.

What i want is more zones like Nagrand / Dragonblight / Vale - Huge open zones , not some cramped up zones with caves and 34534 mountains

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post

BFA doesn't have one zone I truly hate, which is a very good score for me. I absolutely hated the Odyn zone in Legion, dreadful.

Suramar is indeed amazing though, but that's probably the best zone they've made, period. Hard to compete with.

5+ Year Old Account
    Okay, new question. Professions. How will it work if we go into the realm of the dead, I wonder. Mining and herbalism could resolt in very nice materials.

Archaeology could be super fun.

But what of cooking?

Quote Originally Posted by Beerplz View Post
    What i want is more zones like Nagrand / Dragonblight / Vale - Huge open zones , not some cramped up zones with caves and 34534 mountains
    ^

the older zones were better, this new zones feel so goddman tight

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerplz View Post
    So like the Azim Steppes in Stormblood?

Okay, new question. Professions. How will it work if we go into the realm of the dead, I wonder. Mining and herbalism could resolt in very nice materials.

Archaeology could be super fun.

But what of cooking?
    we are finaly gona be doing cannibals cooking in the realm of the dead

Drustvar is extremeley overrated - cluttered with the monochromatic theme coming across as jarring. I like most people, find the questline to be the most interesting, but it was still rlly cliche and meh.

- - - Updated - - -

!!

it's really bizarre to me how people hail the BFA zones as 'the best yet' umm, where? from a design perspective they're easily the worst and most uncreative Blizz has ever been.
    I really don’t understand it either. Sure the zones are pretty but everything about them feels heartless, soulless, completely in vain and unnecessary. I’ve never felt so bored by leveling because the zones didn’t give me anything. And yes I absolutely agree that Drustvar is overrated. It’s Duskwood just without heart and soul. Most stuff in BfA just felt utterly pointless and there was no moment I enjoyed leveling (although I made it to 120 with 5 characters) - something that’s completely different in Legion for me. I loved leveling in Legion and I liked all of the zones. They felt important to me.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

But what of cooking?
    Varian's Salt as an ingredient.