Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    WotLk and WoD have the best cinematics. The latter made me feel like the urge to hit someone violently lol.
    I actually really enjoyed Cataclysms and TBC. WotLK is obviously hands down the best, but Cata and TBC were pretty poppin' too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayonei View Post
    ...wait. Why does that picture of the Sylvanas unit from WC3 show her injured eye from Saurfang's attack at the end of the 4th War in WoW?
    Time travel

EDIT: and her belly is covered, so this confirmed her plan as to go back in time to WC3 and kill Arthas for good.

JK
    Last edited by Mogrein; 2019-10-31 at 03:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revaniter92 View Post
    Sounds bad for me, especially the part about opening the portal to the Shadowlands just by damaging the Helm.
    "Ah, fuck, I dropped my helm and now it's got a dent— HOLY SHIT WHAT IS THAT PORTAL"

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    Just read this further down in that thread about the alleged cinematic (I capped it):

Pre-patch return to Scourge invasion of pre-Wrath? This time with more control so as not to harm anybody's play experience. I wouldn't mind doing it again.

As for dimension/time travel, whether anybody likes or wants to admit it or not, these are common themes/threads in the Warcraft universe. Every other book or two has some form of it. Thrall walked the timeways in one, Garrosh took over Draenor, and we visit splintered realities all the time with Chromie and the bronze dragons (splintered as in they are different timelines from the current, so they become their own reality).

It's part of the mythos, it makes sense that we'll encounter it periodically as a tool for pushing the story forward.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    "Ah, fuck, I dropped my helm and now it's got a dent— HOLY SHIT WHAT IS THAT PORTAL"
    You don't wanna now what happens when he bumps his shoulderpads on something.

...wait. Why does that picture of the Sylvanas unit from WC3 show her injured eye from Saurfang's attack at the end of the 4th War in WoW?l
    Because it is just an art work, not an ingame texture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renley View Post
    I actually really enjoyed Cataclysms and TBC. WotLK is obviously hands down the best, but Cata and TBC were pretty poppin' too.
    Cata's was cool in that seeing some scenery from Durotar...and seeing Stormwind in real time.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Revaniter92 View Post
    Sounds bad for me, especially the part about opening the portal to the Shadowlands just by damaging the Helm.
    How the hell would attacking stormwind be a distraction for Sylvanas attacking Icecrown? The alliance are not defending Icecrown. This is just a rehash of the "attacking Thunder Bluff to distract from attacking Stormwind" rumor that never happened.

Especially when Sylvanas could just sneak up to the top of ICC by herself without anyone noticing way easier than Talanji & Rokan did in BFA

Quote Originally Posted by kirkj View Post
    my guess is the system we see in game won’t be quite logical or mesh 100% with the lore, similar to how forsaken player characters are “humanoid” not undead.

not that this would be a bad thing, having different systems for different content would take a lot.

maybe our characters will still be alive when they’re in the shadowlands so dying and going to a graveyard and becoming a ghost will make sense
    I'm sure that's what they'd actually do for gameplay purposes, and storywise, we're just the "random adventurers" who solve everything for the main characters, sometimes behind the scenes, sometimes not.

...wait. Why does that picture of the Sylvanas unit from WC3 show her injured eye from Saurfang's attack at the end of the 4th War in WoW?
    Um, it doesn't?

That's just her tear marks that have always been there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zexaniro View Post
    Order of cinematics in terms of quality:

Wrath
    BFA
    WOD
    Legion
    Cata
    MOP
    BC
    Based on what?
    Your personal preference because you started in wrath of the lich king like90% of the current wow population?

Objectively this is ofc not true.

Obviously:
    BFA > Legion > WoD > MoP > Cata > Wotlk > Tbc > Classic
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I'm sorry, there's no way Blizzard are stupid enough to fuck with time travel and alternate worlds after WoD
    Time travel and alternate universes are the biggest fucking turn-off for me. But you never know with Blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    I'm sure that's what they'd actually do for gameplay purposes, and storywise, we're just the "random adventurers" who solve everything for the main characters, sometimes behind the scenes, sometimes not.
    Its mostly for gameplay reasons because all the interface stuff isn't lore or anything >_>

Time travel and alternate universes are the biggest fucking turn-off for me. But you never know with Blizz.
    They aren't really that bad, I mean Warcraft is pretty comicbooky...and Time travel and alt universes are pretty common in that genre. Also WoW always had time travel(See Caverns of Time that hasn't been used..........since Cata).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Based on what?
    Your personal preference because you started in wrath of the lich king like90% of the current wow population?

Objectively this is ofc not true.

Obviously:
    BFA > Legion > WoD > MoP > Cata > Wotlk > Tbc > Classic
    It's obvious that he is speaking for himself. There is no such thing as rating cinematics objectively, because that depends on an opinion. Which can vary.

Quote Originally Posted by Zexaniro View Post
    Order of cinematics in terms of quality:

Wrath
    BFA
    WOD
    Legion
    Cata
    MOP
    BC
    Honestly they are all great. The TBC cinematic is unique in that you have to understand is an extension of the original vanilla cinematic. All of those characters have a reprisal and are geared up in epics.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    Just read this further down in that thread about the alleged cinematic (I capped it):

Yes, sylvanas sure needto feint an attack on stormwind to attack Bolvar, cause everyone eyes are on northrend,everyone is there and looking to it

And of couse, time travel, nah

7+ Year Old Account
    I made the same comment on WoWHead... Sylvanas eyes are the actuall! Not only the injured eye but you can see even the smeared mascara...
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Honestly they are all great. The TBC cinematic is unique in that you have to understand is an extension of the original vanilla cinematic. All of those characters have a reprisal and are geared up in epics.
    i will never forget the first time i saw the draenei in the tbc cinematic, it amazed me so much bck then

its not the injure Saurfaung did, is just her normal make-up

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Um, it doesn't?

That's just her tear marks that have always been there.
    Nah, look at her right eye, with all that red stuff coming out. The other eye is okay