Page 49 of 146 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Maybe just maybe that´s bcs people want to see games/movies/series stay true to their origins?

Just something to think about...
    Yeah, and as long as the character has the same personality, goals, motivations, attitude, and mannerisms it's staying true enough. There are plenty of minor differences that you wouldn't nitpick over. There are no Africans, Europeans, Americans, Asians, etc in the world of the Witcher so skin color in terms of what it means to us doesn't matter to the characters. The only people who get hung up on the skin color of entirely fictional characters in entirely fictional settings are racists who feel that they can't relate to people who don't look likethem, and that opinion isn't a valid one to care or think about. In short, get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    The only people who get hung up on the skin color of entirely fictional characters in entirely fictional settings are racists
    False. I don't have a racist bone in my body. There is not a single piece of me that believes in the farce of race, let alone that people are innately superior because of something as idiotic as their skin color. I still dislike it when things like this happen.

Also, the opinion of what is attractive and not is valid in any and every sense. That's why it's an opinion. It's the same as having a favorite color. in short, I'll decline to get over it.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    You say it "doesn't matter", but Black Panther being white WOULD matter because "Africa"? Wait, what? White people never go to Africa? YOU'RE calling people racist, yet ignoring that you're stereotyping race more than anyone in this entire post?

Triss has blue eyes in the books. Black people having blue eyes is EXTREMELY RARE. I'm not being racist, this is a fact. In fact it's far more rare than white people being born in Africa. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_...opean_ancestry
    This is a god awful example. Wakanda bas been closed off from the rest of the world for an insanely long time white people going to Africa at any point wouldn’t effect the make up of wakanda in any way there would still be no white people as wakanda doesn’t let people of the outside world in.

If you wanted wakanda to be white you could just say that the vibrainium cased them to look more European or that it had something to do with the certain area that wakanda was located as African isn’t some uniform place where every one looks like same. But just saying white people go to Africa doesn’t work at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Talk about ignorant,do you have any idea how many white people live on the continent of Africa?
    Wakanda was founded near the dawning of civilization and has been closed off for most of its existence, white people living on Africa wouldn’t effect the make up at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Oh btw do you even know that black panther had a WHITE brother who almost would have been the king instead of him hm?
    Adopted brother who literally fell out of the sky he wasn’t a native to wakanda.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    If these characters had stayed in text, the entire market of people who made the series even POSSIBLY financially feasible wouldn't exist. Without the video games and the characters they created within, there would be no market for the witcher.

Whether or not they adhere to the characters as they are portrayed in the game clearly ISN'T irrelevant to everyone else. Hence the massive backlash and the untimely failure of most of these types of endeavors.
    There was both a tv show and movie before any of the games existed there is no reason to think they would never make another series without the games.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hexer_(TV_series)

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    I can't believe they blackwashed Yenn and Triss. PC culture ruining everything for their identity politics.
    Yenn seems pretty white to me in the trailer.

Where are the monsters

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Where are the monsters
    Inside us...

Seriously though, there are a couple of shots of them in the newest trailer around the 20 seconds mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Have you ever seen a black person? This isn’t one.
    Should I have said brown washed? She is of Indian descent. We all know this show is even being made due to the success of the games. That's where the majority of Witcher fans have come from. She looks nothing like Yennefer from the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Isn’t this series based on the books, where they describe her as having black hair?
    In the books, she's described as unnaturally pale. She's also part Elf which has no dark skinned characters. The author is Polish, and the books are based on Norse and Norwegian lore, so there are no people of color in any of the books.

This is all irrelevant though as this series is only a thing due to the video games and their success, like I said. Is it really necessary to rob her for her ancestry just to claim "this change is OK, you racists"?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The level of idiocy among certain game fans is mind-blowing. Like, the "why there is no monsters" nitpicking or "it will be mainly from Yen and Ciri perspective" nitpicking.
    Its annoying.
    Like, can you stop own brain fart for a moment and just watch first teaser and new trailer?
    You will find out there are at least three monsters being shown in about 4 minutes of video (Nekker, Kikimora and stryga), and roughly 90% of footage of Geralt is him with no Yennefer or Ciri around, which means there will be as much of Geralt POV in the story as him in the books.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I still can't get over the god damn scrotum armor.
    Eh? Did I miss something in the trailer, or were you fixated on finding the codpieces in any of the shots shown in the trailer?

edit: I'm also looking forward to the show with some excitement now. I find myself mainly regretting my first time seeing Cavill was in Man of Steel, cause he seems to be a fairly good fit for Geralt.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2019-11-01 at 06:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Eh? Did I miss something in the trailer, or were you fixated on finding the codpieces in any of the shots shown in the trailer?
    They're talking about these guys:

Yep, the guys that are supposed to look like this

Here I am super happy with the cast, the setting, the tone, the music and how well it seems to be done. Even if it's based of the books, they still took a lot of inspiration from the games to make sure we feel at home watching it. Hopefully someone else just want to be entertained like me when it comes to fantasy and TV-shows and not make a big deal about everything. Sometimes I feel alone about that.

I'm super stoked and I hope all you negative nuts and "I'm not racist, but"-racists enjoy it even if Yenn isn't bleach white or whatever. =)

Unfortunately my internet cut out right as I was handing out infractions, so I am posting this from my phones. Discussions of race and racial politics/agendas are forbidden here, and are off topic. Do not engage with trolling behavior, report and move on.

Infractions will be coming as soon as my internet is back up because frankly, by this point, both in this thread and in this sub forum in general, y'all should know better. Continuing these kind of off-topic discussions will be dealt with accordingly.

7+ Year Old Account
    In the books, she's described as unnaturally pale. She's also part Elf which has no dark skinned characters. The author is Polish, and the books are based on Norse and Norwegian lore, so there are no people of color in any of the books.

This is all irrelevant though as this series is only a thing due to the video games and their success, like I said. Is it really necessary to rob her for her ancestry just to claim "this change is OK, you racists"?
    Wait, what?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account

No no no no, its slavic

This is a god awful example. Wakanda bas been closed off from the rest of the world for an insanely long time white people going to Africa at any point wouldn’t effect the make up of wakanda in any way there would still be no white people as wakanda doesn’t let people of the outside world in.

If you wanted wakanda to be white you could just say that the vibrainium cased them to look more European or that it had something to do with the certain area that wakanda was located as African isn’t some uniform place where every one looks like same. But just saying white people go to Africa doesn’t work at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Wakanda was founded near the dawning of civilization and has been closed off for most of its existence, white people living on Africa wouldn’t effect the make up at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Adopted brother who literally fell out of the sky he wasn’t a native to wakanda.

- - - Updated - - -

There was both a tv show and movie before any of the games existed there is no reason to think they would never make another series without the games.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hexer_(TV_series)
    Oh no... no, no, no... We dont talk about that series or anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Idk fans were REALLY happy with witcher 3.
    I was till DLC. When i saw Regisi got brain aunerysm from his depiction... :/

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Should I have said brown washed? She is of Indian descent. We all know this show is even being made due to the success of the games. That's where the majority of Witcher fans have come from. She looks nothing like Yennefer from the games.
    Given that there was a tv and a movie before any of the games came out and that they are not following the games there is nothing to back up that no more shows would have been made without the games and no reason why they should go for a game look for a series based on the books.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    They're talking about these guys:
    Yep, the guys that are supposed to look like this
    Don't forget the literal dick helmets.

Given that there was a tv and a movie before any of the games came out and that they are not following the games there is nothing to back up that no more shows would have been made without the games and no reason why they should go for a game look for a series based on the books.
    Are you, by any chance, refering to the Polish show/movie, that had a whopping 4m$ budget? Because if you are, then brb, gotta roll on the floor laughing for at least 30 mintues.

Ok, I'm back.

If you truly believe that any international Witcher series would ever have been made if not for the games, then you are delusional. Simple as that. Sure, books were translated into other languages, and have fans around the world, but compared to the interest that the games generated...yeah, there's simply no comparison.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.