Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Sorry but they are not pushing it, they are warning people in good time that it will go away, becouse people would go insane if it just vanished without warning and your reading into it as they are pushing it becouse you think its the easiest way to get gold.

What would it take to buy tokens to buy it.

Price 5.000.000 gold
    Not sure about tokens but lets say 20 dollar for 200 000, then you would need 25 tokens for 20 dollar each so 500 dollar.

Are you so stupid that you spend 500 dollar to afford a mount in a game, then maybe you should have a parent monitor what you spend your money on.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    What are you even trying to argue with me? I answer to you why the guy first of all, said unobtainable IN THE GAME, meaning by gameplay, dungeons, open world, vendors. It's NOT obtainable in the game, BMAH is part of the game, but you can't have it by playing the game. I'm not going to keep repeating myself on this, i hate having to repeat myself, it's exhausting.
    What are you talking about. It will be obtainable in the game. You get it by playing the game. It being on a vendor means you can buy it with gold, and it being on the BMAH means you will buy it with gold. It will be just as much obtainable in the game as it is right now. The amount of people able to get it might decrease, but it will still be obtainable in the game. This is a silly argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Xi Jinping View Post
    Even tho I appreciate all the optimism from people that are fine with this, it's not.

As a mount collector this is a dream mount and I am actually gonna find a job now and buy wow token. Imagin removing the single most impressive mount from the game. Whats next?- Entire transmog sets for RAF and pre-orders? Wouldn't it be better if we all payed a monthly fee, and had full excess to all the game features? oh wait...
    And yes, WoW Tokens are pay-to-win
    Look at that WoW has inspired you to not be a lazy, poor, bastard and get a job. Bad news for you you will need 27 tokens at their current rate not 1. Don't feel too bad though when the mount first came out to buy it completely with tokens was about $1800 dollars.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    And yet token price dropped by 25% just 2 hours after the blue post. It will keep goin' down.
    https://wowtoken.info/

This doesn't indicate a 25% price drop.

- - - Updated - - -

People bought the spectral tiger for 700 5 years ago and people buy it nowadays for 1,2k+. You are stupid if you think that certain people won't pay these prices.
    But those people would pay the price anyways. Whales will be whales.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Nosgoth View Post
    What are you talking about. It will be obtainable in the game. You get it by playing the game. It being on a vendor means you can buy it with gold, and it being on the BMAH means you will buy it with gold. It will be just as much obtainable in the game as it is right now. The amount of people able to get it might decrease, but it will still be obtainable in the game. This is a silly argument.
    Lol. Shure. I just walk upto the BMAH vendor any time and buy my brontosaur for 5 mill.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Edit: I guess from now on we can add a new question to each and every Blizzcon Q&A: Do you guys plan to remove anything from the game in the next expac?

I mean it is clearly our fault, we have never asked if they were gonna remove the saurus... /s
    Last edited by Lei; 2019-11-21 at 11:42 PM.

And yet token price dropped by 25% just 2 hours after the blue post. It will keep goin' down.
    It can only drop or raise by 3% an hour.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Jesus Christ you guys, lol. It's not really to boost token sales. I mean, yeah obviously they're aware some people will buy some tokens to help bump up to buy the mount but not many people are going to be dropping money on 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 million tokens worth of gold. Use your fuckin' heads.

It is, however, to get people to resub and gold grind (spending dozens, maybe even hundreds, of hours doing so) in order to reflect well on player retention. This is going to become a new standard across future expansions; quote me on this.

Edit to add: If you REALLY want to bust out the fucking tinfoil, one of the most efficient forms of gold farming is having a ton of max level alts. They just released an anniversary BG that is great for power leveling alts.
    Last edited by therealstegblob; 2019-11-21 at 11:42 PM.

Are't tokens only worth like 150k atm? That means to buy this mount outright it would be about $660 bucks to buy this thing outright. If this were to boost token sales it would have been announced at the last min, not a year before everyone forgets about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Why do you even start arguments with a fresh account that refers himself as "we".
    /pat
    Nice personal attack with no comment of substance.

I didn't refer to myself as we. I referred to myself and others as we. You know, the way the word is used. Try reading the rest of the thread or the context of the comments. I'm not the only one explaining that it is very clearly in the game.

I don't personally see it as a issue, but sure, it will be annoying for those that wanted the mount.
    I have bank alts that do all the auctioning for me, so I've never seen the investment into the mount as a good one, but it's probably good for those that REALLY need those quick auctions with addons that may tell them when a good deal just popped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

Lol. Shure. I just walk upto the BMAH vendor any time and buy my brontosaur for 5 mill.
    Yep, totally put your gold iin there and get it instantly. Unless you bid more than others and pass hours looking at BMAH and even have the luck to see it there.

They are just not getting my point. I'm calling it for the day lol

That's an entirely different argument. It is obtainable. You can't just walk up to Kael'thas and get your Ashes of Al'ar mount either. It takes a while or a lot of luck to get it. That doesn't mean it isn't obtainable.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    No, I didn't. Basically you're saying I'm right. Got it.
    No, I'm saying you're wrong about your justifications. Cows don't eat grass because they want to be green. Learn that conclusion and premise aren't the same thing.

If you say 2+2=4 and the moon is made of cheese, you can't keep trying to point to "BUT TWO PLUS TWO IS FOUR!!!!!!!" and pretending you're "right".

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    How naive/ignorant are you? You do realize that this is going to cost anywhere between $20-540 to do this, right? Are you going to drop that money?
    Do you know what whales are and how they work?

Yep, totally put your gold iin there and get it instantly. Unless you bid more than others and pass hours looking at BMAH and even have the luck to see it there.

They are just not getting my point. I'm calling it for the day lol
    It being harder to obtain does not make it unobtainable. So stop saying that it is unobtainable and people won't argue with you.

That's an entirely different argument. It is obtainable. You can't just walk up to Kael'thas and get your Ashes of Al'ar mount either. It takes a while or a lot of luck to get it. That doesn't mean it isn't obtainable.
    Bro, he QUOTED YOU making that specific argument.

It will be just as much obtainable in the game as it is right now.
    No, it will not be "as much obtainable". He explained why. You made that specific claim and that specific claim is false.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Do you know what whales are and how they work?
    If you actually knew yourself, you would know that the real whales would already have bought the mount months ago.

Already explained this in another thread on the same topic, but this isn't to really boost token sales. The mount is way too expensive for tokens to be a practical way to buy it for pretty much most people.

It's a bid to get people to resub or at least log in more often in order to farm gold. Thus reflecting well on player retention.

It being harder to obtain does not make it unobtainable. So stop saying that it is unobtainable and people won't argue with you.
    Oh so it is now not "just as much obtainable" anymore. Interesting.

They are just not getting my point.
    You never had one to begin with. Anything available through the BMAH is available through gameplay, because the BMAH is part of gameplay.

As long as your counterargument is nothing more than "no u!", you're not going to convince anybody.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh so it is now not "just as much obtainable" anymore. Interesting.
    No, that sentence just doesn't mean what you seem to think it does. You're thinking of "just as easily".