Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    The thing about '10 years' is a good point.

My experience here from the day of the announcement that Classic would happen until...well, today is that there is a "We Won" mentality on the part of some coupled with an unending round of victory laps by those same people inclined to say to everyone else "You lost."

Very few in the run-up to launch saw this as a win for everyone (which I believe it was...more games, more choice is good). A lot of the discussion since then has been drenched in this "I win-you lose" / "game is good-other game is bad because we won" discussion that doesn't leave much room for those that might like both versions for different reasons (or who would just prefer to see people discuss it reasonably instead of continuing to wage verbal wars over it).

It truly doesn't matter now. Both versions are doing fine. It's OK to dislike one or the other or both. There are good reasons to like/dislike nearly any game. But a lot of this on both sides has been needlessly hostile and bitter and detrimental to everyone. Even the framing of the thread is really a non-subtle attempt to create some drama. Who gives a fuck if someone is mad about something? How does that have any effect on what you think about the game?

It's just an open invitation to fight about shit.
    it all comes done to simple "besieged fortress" mentality

both sides hae the same fear - that one of version of game will negatively effect other .

you can see it in milion of threads about "retailers go to retail with your min max attitude" in classic forums and you can read it as fear between the lines of "unpruning" in 9.0

im quite certain there are atm milions of people perfeckly happy with how BfA systems look like , just like there are hundreds of thousands of people in classic who are happy with systems in classic.

those people will never agree with each other becaue they look for something fundamentaly different in game

one crowd look for deep rpg experience with super easy content because complexity comes from time invested into obtaining max level and gear but raids are ultra easy modes , the other looks for action-frogger-rpg with very basic talent / gear obtaining systems because for them complexity comes in form of difficult encounters in raids

those people will never agree with each other.

• Classic's success doesn't fit their agenda; "Rose tinted glasses", "you think you do, but you really dont", et cetera
    • BFA is a ghost town and they think classic's success is to blame
    • BFA vs Classic rivalry
    • Pserver deniers, " No one would play classic servers if it wasn't free"
    • People who just want their friends to come back to the Mythic raid team(very sad btw)
    • People who think Wow Tokens are too expensive and blame classic's success
    • People who can't possibly fathom why someone would actually enjoy a 15 year old video game.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Why are people genuinely mad that Classic is a success?
    The only people who feel like this exist purely inside of your head, and they only exist for the purposes of making terrible online forum threads because you require attention, for some reason or another.

No one is mad that Classic is a "success". I think a lot of people, though, are tired of the repetitive bullshit on every forum that exists about whether Classic is "better" than Retail or if Retail needs to be more like Classic or vice versa. Just play the fifteen year old grinding simulator and stop telling everyone about how shit retail is, it's exhausting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think people are just sick and tired of this kind of threads that directly taunt and insult those who are not interested in playing classic wow.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Love that classic is a succes even though i would never go back to vanilla ever myself.

I had a blast back then, but im well into my 40ies now and cant commit as much as i used to and the more people that play classic the better it is for retail.. yay money
    Signature made by

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Classic being a success is IMO good for those players and modern players. They can take all that free money and use it to develop modern wow while giving classic players what they want. No changes.

Why are so many people believing this fairy tale? In what world do you live in? Any extra always goes into the investor pockets. Classic or retail could do 10x revenue and they would still have the same budgets.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Like, why are you seriously angry at the game, Blizzard for releasing, hoping it'll die soon etc? Why are you so mad one of the greatest games ever released actually still holds up?

Like.. Why not be happy for those who enjoy it?
    Most threads about “classic vs retail” like this are created by classic players. They are the ones busy with screaming about how much better classic is. Just shut up and enjoy your game.

3+ Year Old Account
    Because of the eternal "classic good, retail bad" and viceversa stupid war between Classic and BfA fanboys.

What is this fear you guys speak of that classic players might feel?? What classic players had to endure they already endured, almost a decade of being relegated to often shaddy pservers while at the same time having to deal with the Rose tinted glasses nostalgia nonsense and stuff like the "you thing you do but you don't".

Now, the only thing a classic fan has to fear is that for some odd reason blizz starts considering weird stuff like classic + and the likes of it. The ordeal is already past us.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    The thing about '10 years' is a good point.

My experience here from the day of the announcement that Classic would happen until...well, today is that there is a "We Won" mentality on the part of some coupled with an unending round of victory laps by those same people inclined to say to everyone else "You lost."

Very few in the run-up to launch saw this as a win for everyone (which I believe it was...more games, more choice is good). A lot of the discussion since then has been drenched in this "I win-you lose" / "game is good-other game is bad because we won" discussion that doesn't leave much room for those that might like both versions for different reasons (or who would just prefer to see people discuss it reasonably instead of continuing to wage verbal wars over it).

It truly doesn't matter now. Both versions are doing fine. It's OK to dislike one or the other or both. There are good reasons to like/dislike nearly any game. But a lot of this on both sides has been needlessly hostile and bitter and detrimental to everyone. Even the framing of the thread is really a non-subtle attempt to create some drama. Who gives a fuck if someone is mad about something? How does that have any effect on what you think about the game?

It's just an open invitation to fight about shit.
    Personally I get annoyed when people are reacting to me or someone else mentions that we don't like classic because of x and y's, and then proceeds to shout how big of a failure retail is, but I can also understand this going the other way, and that's just as annoying for them. It's allowed not to like things, it shouldn't be such a big deal if someone doesn't like one game, you can still think it's awesome that people love the game you don't. But that's any forum in a nutshell, either you must think it's the best thing ever, or you hate both the game and the players that enjoys it.

It's great that classic was made, because it makes people happy. Someone else happiness doesn't affect anyone else in such a big degree. Classic vs Retail are for sure making some issues like people getting split up, but on the positive side of things, when either classic or retail are having some downtime, you can go over to the other game just to try it out. Like now I am leveling my classic char to get it up to level for doing Warsong Gulch in classic, but when 8.3 comes out I will probably not play Classic for a long time. But that's fine. Doesn't mean I hate Classic, which seems to be a thing a very few individuals try to make a big deal of. Generally speaking.

They think I hate it, but I don't ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Because a lot of Classic fanboy can't stand that ppl are actually enjoying modern Wow and even spill tons of BS and lies (like Classic is harder than Retail!) before it was release.

There is hate on both sides.
    That's exactly the impression I get from retail lovers. If you love retail so much, why are you even in this forum? All I see is that you guys are mad Classic exists, period.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    The article I linked was about how Blizz had their biggest increase in subs in a single quarter in wow history and they literally said wow classic was to thank

Would you like articles about the tripling subs or are you just gonna childishly nitpick those too?

I tell you I’m a stock investor because I pay attention to the financials and atvi is a stock I invest in. If you weren’t so childish you could learn a thing or two and make money today off the market.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=295273/...enue-in-august

https://www.newsweek.com/world-warcr...elease-1461086

https://venturebeat.com/2019/11/07/w...for-a-quarter/

Happy now? Quit trying to derail the thread

- - - Updated - - -

The report says that it had the single largest increase in player count for a single launch for WoW

Granted, wow wotlk had more total players but most were already playing

Wow classic brought in millions who were not playing wow at all anymore is what that means. Not that they topped wotlk population not even close

“ Activision Blizzard attributed its success the financial third quarter on the strong performance of World of Warcraft Classic. In total, all of Blizzard’s games had 33 million MAUs (monthly active users) in the quarter.”
    Way to miss quote. Why not include the whole sentence.

Along with the launch of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Activision Blizzard attributed its success the financial third quarter on the strong performance of World of Warcraft Classic. In total, all of Blizzard’s games had 33 million MAUs (monthly active users) in the quarter.
    A Call of Duty game came out as well. Maybe that had a little something to do with it.

It is important to note, however, that one of the reasons Blizzard gave when stopped disclosing direct information on subscriptions was that subscriptions weren't a good picture of how healthy WoW playerbase was, with retail WoW having many different sources of income for the company. Another factor is that many retail players are likely subscribed in longer subscription plans that overall earn Blizzard less, while part of Classic players probably subscribed for only a month to try the game. Even so, the increase in revenue is still an outstanding feat that shows the potential revenue present in Classic.
    Also Blizzard hasn't released WoW sub numbers in quite a while. Any sort of claim of subs tripling is conjecture.
    Last edited by blankfaced; 2019-12-13 at 03:20 PM.
    I'm a thread killer.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    The core story has always been there for shadowlands, and WoW does a good job releasing chronicles that help support it. And almost all the main characters have already existed, and new ones have been introduced over the past 5 years... what are you even on about? Not liking the story does not equal random "shit"
    And just because YOU enjoy it doesn't mean in any way shape or form that it's good or well made.

Pandas were not in the original story, they were added because players asked for it, based on the zero background tavern hero of WC3, which was put in the game AS A JOKE after Samwise scribbled that on a fucking napkin for the lols. That's why their land has a shit name, the story in that place has basically no depth or roots with the original WC story other than the stretch they did to try to make it fit, the characters are made to have no relation with the rest of the universe (because they have none because they were never thought of before), and we barely ever see them in any of the more recent xpacks because they all have ties to the beginning of the WC stories, where pandas never existed because they were not supposed to exist, they were squeezed in where they didn't belong and excuses were made in an attempt to make them fit in. Maybe it fooled you.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that something that never existed with the original idea of a story cannot ever be introduced later on. It's possible to do it and Blizzard did do it with some stuff. But absolutely not with everything, and they're on such a tight schedule that if something turns out to be shit they have no choice but to ship it like this instead of making it right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    Also Blizzard hasn't released WoW sub numbers in quite a while. Any sort of claim of subs tripling is conjecture.
    At this point I feel calling it conjecture is extremely charitable. Because they know when they make the claim its a full on lie that they cant prove.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    That's exactly the impression I get from retail lovers. If you love retail so much, why are you even in this forum? All I see is that you guys are mad Classic exists, period.
    Nah, "Retail lovers" are mad that Classic lovers uses false arguments or plain lies to defend classic or attack modern wow.

Nah, "Retail lovers" are mad that Classic lovers uses false arguments or plain lies to defend classic or attack modern wow.
    They're just insecure because their game is rapidly dying, and their toxic behavior is only accelerating the process. Did you know that horde on the EU server Flamelash griefed the other faction so much that the server died?

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    Classic is hot garbage. Its sole driving force is nostalgia.
    Yeah... I play since launch for atleast 2-3hr everyday depending on free time.
    It is FOR SURE just nostalgia...

I'm not particularly mad at Classic, I just think it's an exhausting slog not worth my time or effort (not that it requires particularly much of the latter). I was bored almost every second of the journey to 60, so much so that I logged out the moment I dinged 60 and haven't logged in since. In fact, I even uninstalled the game the other day because I couldn't conceive of a single reason to go back, even when considering future content phases.

If you love Classic, good for you. I'm happy it exists to entertain you. Just don't be a toxic asshole to people who prefer retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Will you still be playing in 14 years on classic as it is now? Because I played retail for 14 years. Being quite casual as you are will drag out the nostalgia too. Check back in 4 years and tell us you are still loving classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alteiry View Post
    I'm not particularly mad at Classic, I just think it's an exhausting slog not worth my time or effort (not that it requires particularly much of the latter). I was bored almost every second of the journey to 60, so much so that I logged out the moment I dinged 60 and haven't logged in since. In fact, I even uninstalled the game the other day because I couldn't conceive of a single reason to go back, even when considering future content phases.

If you love Classic, good for you. I'm happy it exists to entertain you. Just don't be a toxic asshole to people who prefer retail.
    This, basically.

- - - Updated - - -

This too. It's not just the anti retail attitude, but the lies and gross exaggerations. Remember, one clown claimed classic would have 100-200 million players. Yes - million.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    That just means you aren't into MMOrpgs because the point is haveing new content overtime.Which Classic never does.