Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Actually yes it does...

One of the core reasons the Wii-U bombed was because of its name. The Casual Customer isn't going to know the difference between a Xbox One X and a Xbox Series X. Its all about the marketing and that's a fumble out the gate.

Now do I think the system will do Wii-U bad? No not yet anyways. But name matters greatly in helping the sale of a console.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like this is bait but ill bite.

Playstation 5 tells you what it is when the last system is Playstation 4. Xbox One X and Xbox Series X is way to close in name and will just confuse the casual customer.

It sounds like a half step.

Hell I still get people asking what the Xbox One X and Playstation 4 Pro is. The name needs to be Crystal Clear on what it is.
    Yep, the Wii U proves that the casual market (which accounts for MOST of the sales), will not even know it's a new console. They will just think "oh, that's just a redesigned case". They thought the Wii U was a tablet addon for the Wii. Yes, technically minded people and hardcore gamers will know the difference, but most people will not. This is pretty much going to be marketing suicide. I mean, I don't care, I'm not buying it either way (nor a PS5), but still.

Actually yes it does...

One of the core reasons the Wii-U bombed was because of its name. The Casual Customer isn't going to know the difference between a Xbox One X and a Xbox Series X. Its all about the marketing and that's a fumble out the gate.

Now do I think the system will do Wii-U bad? No not yet anyways. But name matters greatly in helping the sale of a console.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought the fact the wii u had trash or no games worth buying, the tablet was a pretty big gimmick, it wasnt replaceable if broken. and it lost the gamecube compatability that the wii had.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I thought the fact the wii u had trash or no games worth buying, the tablet was a pretty big gimmick, it wasnt replaceable if broken. and it lost the gamecube compatability that the wii had.
    The Wii-U had many issues.

Marketing was its biggest because it lead to everything else. If you can't market the system then you can't sell it and if its not selling developers won't make games for it.

Nintendo even openly admitted they dropped the ball on its marketing and the bad marketing started with the name.

A Name matters.

The casual customer isn't going to know the difference between a Xbox One X and a Xbox Series X. Like I said earlier I still get people calling and asking what the the difference is in a PS4Pro/XB1X and the reg systems.

Marketing is king.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I actually like the design, more so than the PS5. Simplicity like that is more up my alley than a console that looks like a 90s spaceship. It doesn't look like it's as big as some people claim as well.

The name does sound idiotic tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    I actually like the design, more so than the PS5. Simplicity like that is more up my alley than a console that looks like a 90s spaceship. It doesn't look like it's as big as some people claim as well.

The name does sound idiotic tho.
    I mean, the PS5 hasn't been shown in any official capacity. The pictures we've seen are devkits, which probably look vastly different than the real thing. They may be shaped like that to help stackability, which would be a good thing for the big dev studios.

That said, if it does look like that in it's final form.. Eh, I'm fine with it. Hopefully they can keep the fans down with that much ventilation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wii U has GREAT games. A lot of the top selling Nintendo Switch games, were already out on the Wii U. Including Zelda Breath of the Wild, Rayman Legends, etc. The Mario games on the Wii U are still some of the best. In fact... gonna go spend the afternoon on my Wii U.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

The name sounds like something Apple would make up, Xbox Series X One X 9 Plus Max.

What's wrong with just a simple number or name? Someone without a lot of knowledge of the console market wouldn't understand the difference between this is the previous generation. I'd say it's a fail of the marketing department, apparently they can't make the product stand out and have it's unique qualities.

My last Xbox was the 360 and I have thought about buying the Xbox One but the only reason I didn't is because it's so late in it's stage to step in now and I'd rather wait for the next generation. But seeing this I think I'll pass. This shows zero thought went into making this, it's just the previous Xbox but with better hardware. No thanks.

That name is a bit clunky, who the fuck thought it was a good idea? Also look at the size and shape of it, it's basically a PC tower that won't fit in the shelves under your TV.

What a shitty name - it literally just looks like one of those "mini" desktop gaming pc's.

Anyone remember the windows 7 phone 7 phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Does the name of the console matter?
    Yeah, branding is a thing. It adds recognition to the name, it has a powerful psychological effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Hello friends I hope everyone in this thread is talking about the most important part of this announcement: the fact that we went from the Xbone to the SeXbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    Hello friends I hope everyone in this thread is talking about the most important part of this announcement: the fact that we went from the Xbone to the SeXbox.
    Actually it would be

XBSex and I think I have seen that name used by a player in COD4MW back in the day.

We have gone from XBSad to XBSex.... what a odd relationship
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-12-14 at 06:48 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I thought the fact the wii u had trash or no games worth buying
    Explains why it's entirely library keeps getting ported to Switch and selling millions on it... Past the early drought Wii U really didn't have a software problem at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    especially now that they'll cost about the same as a decent pc.
    Must of missed the part where pricing was announced and they costed $1000. In fact they are likely to cost half that lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    It can output that. Literally no games will run that though. Framerates don't sell games, graphics do. So why cut the amount of fidelity in half/quarter when you can continue running at 30fps and be good enough for most people.

Not to mention, TVs running 120hz is almost unheard of, because no nearly no content is being produced to take advantage of it

- - - Updated - - -

Because it's not called "Xbox x" it's called "Xbox series x"

Which sounds like a half-step rather than a full generation
    That makes sense Thanks for explaining.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Must of missed the part where pricing was announced and they costed $1000. In fact they are likely to cost half that lol...
    A decent PC only costs around 500$, which was his point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Well someone lied to him and you.

You are not going to build a $500 PC that does what the Series X and PS5 will be able to do and what they have. This argument gets old and tired of repeating.

A $500 PC will not come close to matching next gen specs until a good 2-3 years into the gen and by that time those consoles will be $300-$400 not $500.

Imagine thinking you could build a 3.6 ghz 8 core, 12 tflops GPU and NVME SSD for $500. You didn't really think this post through did you?

lmao if by decent you mean, cant run anything the new xbox will be able to run, sure lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Well someone lied to him and you.

You are not going to build a $500 PC that does what the Series X and PS5 will be able to do and what they have. This argument gets old and tired of repeating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    A $500 PC will not come close to matching next gen specs until a good 2-3 years into the gen and by that time those consoles will be $300-$400 not $500.

Imagine thinking you could build a 3.6 ghz 8 core, 12 tflops GPU and NVME SSD for $500. You didn't really think this post through did you?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    lmao if by decent you mean, cant run anything the new xbox will be able to run, sure lol
    You can build a competent 1080p gaming box for 500 dollars.. Won't be pretty and definitely won't last you 6 years, but it can be done.
    Then the fact comes that the xbox will be primarily designed around 4k, not 1080p, and that's when you get the problem. A 4k gaming PC will cost you like 1000-1500 if you're fine playing on medium/low settings, or 2k+ easily if you want max settings

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I’d like to add that many new consoles are sold at a loss because the money for the manufacturer comes from the games people buy. Nobody is selling you PC parts at a loss. Best you’ll see is a smaller margin.
    And this is what it comes down to.. Consoles being sold as a loss to get you to buy games so they can recoup their losses. The closest to that you'll find in PC-land is prebuilts on sale during black friday or whatever, at which point the consoles will also be further discounted.