Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Partially, but that's also because that's what GGG has designed around and pushed for quite a while. See: The new Awakened support gems. The power creep has been an issue for a while, but GGG seems to relish in it rather than want to address it.

Well...they're not alienating all of them. They are, as always, focused on the most hardcore players by the looks of things. They design around and for them, for the most part, and in part it makes business sense as they're likely the biggest spenders on the game. And it hasn't even hurt their reach too much, as we still see huge spikes of players with each league, including the biggest spike of the year at this leagues launch.

But as they continue down this path, I do wonder how it will sit with the broader playerbase down the road.
    PoE 2 is their chance to rebalance the whole game though, they can slow it down and do whatever they want, but i doubt it.

We are gonna be running around in 6-8, 6 linked abilities though so that might make them rethink things, who knows.

All i know is, that every time i find an amazing item, mostly from Incursion metamorph drops that cant be sold/used because its not 6 linked, it makes me NEED the new system asap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Reading now the 3.9.2 patch notes, so i'll wait to give feedback.

Fast question - here's my character https://www.pathofexile.com/account/...ead/characters (memetwohandzombo). It's a Rotting legion buiild that's working pretty well now. I just need a couple pointers on what to upgrade frist (i suppose weapon), which main skill to use as attack (if sunder isn't good basically) and what to take on passive tree now that i got all the relevant stuff.

EDIT: read the patch notes, i'll just need to try meta bosses again when patch hits. The awakener fight is something i'lllikely never experience, as it was for Shaper and Elder before (never reached any of them).
    Your build is a bit weird.

I understand the concept of wanting to attack also but two-hand isnt the way

If you are adamant you want to be attacking also, i would suggest buying a "The Scourge" with a Lycosidae shield and have a go at it with any Claw oriented ability.

You also havent taken Lord of the Dead and Fearsome Force and Ravenous Horde (Dont go that far, anoint it with oils).

Also, multistrike on zombies i believe even after the changes is a 100% must.
    Last edited by potis; 2020-01-09 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Your build is a bit weird.

I understand the concept of wanting to attack also but two-hand isnt the way

If you are adamant you want to be attacking also, i would suggest buying a "The Scourge" with a Lycosidae shield and have a go at it with any Claw oriented ability.

You also havent taken Lord of the Dead and Fearsome Force and Ravenous Horde (Dont go that far, anoint it with oils).

Also, multistrike on zombies i believe even after the changes is a 100% must.
    Thanks for the input - yes, i looked at that nodes and the idea was exactly that, to get through anointing. Will get a multistrike gem, though PoB recommends me the ones i have equipped right now. I'll replace the melee phys one. Deathmark is for bosses and particularly hard rares, it does wonders.

EDIT: just checked, Lord of the Dead was already on my plan but i didn't like much spending points on Arcanist Dominion. Fearsome force was gone completely unnoticed XD
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2020-01-09 at 10:27 AM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Thanks for the input - yes, i looked at that nodes and the idea was exactly that, to get through anointing. Will get a multistrike gem, though PoB recommends me the ones i have equipped right now. I'll replace the melee phys one. Deathmark is for bosses and particularly hard rares, it does wonders.
    Deathmark , really shouldnt be needed though, Zombies even nerfed do insane DPS, (unless the changes are so severe and deathmark is a better choice? o.O, then i r wrong) so everything should be getting 1 shotted..I am guessing the problem is because you have meat shield in the chest, which causes them to stay around you instead of rushing.

Its your playstyle, do your thing bro , but if you want to be attacking, two-hand is not the way for these type of builds (too slow even with offering, generally).

Deathmark , really shouldnt be needed though, Zombies even nerfed do insane DPS, (unless the changes are so severe and deathmark is a better choice? o.O, then i r wrong) so everything should be getting 1 shotted..I am guessing the problem is because you have meat shield in the chest, which causes them to stay around you instead of rushing.

Its your playstyle, do your thing bro , but if you want to be attacking, two-hand is not the way for these type of builds (too slow even with offering, generally).
    Ok, i'll check some kind of onehand or dw setup - though i liked the idea of a double 6link.

As for Deathmark, PoB again tells me it does more damage than other gems, plus as you said meat shield makes them stand near me and adding a feeding frenzy just makes them behave normally. I like the added control plus i have all the stacked buffs from mark, proximity to target, etc. Bosses are melting right now but i have yet to tackle very high difficulty content.

Ok, i'll check some kind of onehand or dw setup - though i liked the idea of a double 6link.

As for Deathmark, PoB again tells me it does more damage than other gems, plus as you said meat shield makes them stand near me and adding a feeding frenzy just makes them behave normally. I like the added control plus i have all the stacked buffs from mark, proximity to target, etc. Bosses are melting right now but i have yet to tackle very high difficulty content.
    Yeah as i said, play your game and what works for you, just pointing out some minor things that could help.

Double 6-link is fun for summoners, but you shouldnt be attacking, as example i would suggest playing a Staff with Minion Damage/chance to deal double damage, add some extra block and you can barely die , put Specters in then or other summon and they will simply do more damage than you, because you havent really scaled your attacks, even with the minion node etc.

Plus, accuracy limitations, you will simply miss, i cant enter PoB right now, but there is no node "minion accuracy is yours also" which means your accuracy values unless invested are gonna be non-existent, which means averagely 50-60% hit rate after level 80 or so.

It can only be countered with Lycosidae shield, which is why you go "The Scourge" , or generally a good one hand.

I mean, if you follow PoB for Zombies, then its logical that if you get specters up on a 6-link staff, they will simply be insane, etc.
    Last edited by potis; 2020-01-09 at 11:07 AM.

Reading now the 3.9.2 patch notes, so i'll wait to give feedback.

Fast question - here's my character https://www.pathofexile.com/account/...ead/characters (memetwohandzombo). It's a Rotting legion buiild that's working pretty well now. I just need a couple pointers on what to upgrade frist (i suppose weapon), which main skill to use as attack (if sunder isn't good basically) and what to take on passive tree now that i got all the relevant stuff.

EDIT: read the patch notes, i'll just need to try meta bosses again when patch hits. The awakener fight is something i'lllikely never experience, as it was for Shaper and Elder before (never reached any of them).
    Since most minions scale extremely well with gen lvls I feel it’s such a waste to use anything in helm slot except for a +2/3 minion gem bone helmet. The only exception being that str zombie build with baron.

Also get literally any incursion 2hander with minion dmg and double dmg chance. Literally any. You can even whack someone with it if it tickles your pickle.
    Last edited by Tang0; 2020-01-09 at 11:38 AM.

Ok, what about Resolute Technique? I have not invested in crit, so that's not much of an issue, and i won't need accuracy anymore - just thinking about it because it's perfectly in reach.

As for the rest, excluding the chest, every piece of gear can be swapped for something better if needed, i have just finished the story and i'm working trough maps.

EDIT: I'm gonna anoint Ravenous Horde for sure, but the Onslaught part isn't needed since i have it permanent from the Guardian ascendancy.

As for the rest, excluding the chest, every piece of gear can be swapped for something better if needed, i have just finished the story and i'm working trough maps.
    Well, if you ever stop memeing - dropping the chest will be the first thing to do. Properly linking your zombies with frenzy will double your clearspeed, also linking melee splash will double it again. Substituting splash for ruthless or multi strike (awakened ) will net gain you dps when fighting single target bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arent you some random scrub that just discovered PoE last year playing standard? Why exactly do you even believe you have an opinion

PS. I am burnt out of PoE and i dont have any reason to farm 100 maps to spawn a boss when i have other things to do in multiple games.
    I've been playing since beta. I have a Silver Kiwi. You obviously cared enough about my opinion to make a rude comment about it.

Tell us again that you're burned* out on PoE. Please. We love it when you repeat your useless drivel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I've been playing since beta. I have a Silver Kiwi. You obviously cared enough about my opinion to make a rude comment about it.

Tell us again that you're burned* out on PoE. Please. We love it when you repeat your useless drivel.
    Yet you somehow missed the part that your irrelevant standard experience, is irrelevant.

Ok, what about Resolute Technique? I have not invested in crit, so that's not much of an issue, and i won't need accuracy anymore - just thinking about it because it's perfectly in reach.

EDIT: I'm gonna anoint Ravenous Horde for sure, but the Onslaught part isn't needed since i have it permanent from the Guardian ascendancy.
    Resolute Technique is outdated, save the point for something else.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    woo 36/40. done with this league now :p

New organ vendor recipe is great. Sold around 60 organs, got 20 back. 3 eyes.

10/10 GGG, you'd figure they'd bump up the eye drop rate because, you know, nobody fucking has any, but I guess they're just satisfied to burn organs out of the economy and waste our time.

Salty about that, not sure what I think of the rest of the patch yet.

10+ Year Old Account

10/10 GGG, you'd figure they'd bump up the eye drop rate because, you know, nobody fucking has any, but I guess they're just satisfied to burn organs out of the economy and waste our time.

hmm.. It's been somewhat even for me since they buffed the eye drops a while ago. you can always increase your chances of getting eyes by running maps that have several bosses, City Square, Courtyard, Vaal Pyramid, Strand, Arcade, Arena and Precinct are some that have more then 1 boss.

might be a coincidence, but Spider bosses seems to have a higher chance of dropping eyes.

this is what I mean by "somewhat even".
    Last edited by Enjeh; 2020-01-10 at 03:32 PM.

I have a shit ton of eyes, but no livers and lungs lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    hmm.. It's been somewhat even for me since they buffed the eye drops a while ago. you can always increase your chances of getting eyes by running maps that have several bosses, City Square, Courtyard, Vaal Pyramid, Strand, Arcade, Arena and Precinct are some that have more then 1 boss.

might be a coincidence, but Spider bosses seems to have a higher chance of dropping eyes.

this is what I mean by "somewhat even".
    Apparently you have a higher chance by selling a brain/lungs/heart or something and it seems to work but like...how should we know that? I treated this like most vendor recipes and thought you had to sell three of the same rather than any three. There's no indication this is how that specific recipe works, and it's the only recipe I can think of that works this way. Everything else is selling like for like - 3 of the same rare base for another, 3 of the same essences/maps for an upgrade etc.

It's frustrating that they seem to change rules, give no indication, but just expect players to figure it out anyways : /

In other news, kinda done with my spectral throw character. Realistically without a huge investment I don't have many upgrades to go for and I'm struggling with elder guardians (I can down them, but it takes fucking forever and they hit me like a truck). Guess ranger isn't for me : /

Gonna probably make a Surrender reflect gladiator and see how that goes.

Apparently you have a higher chance by selling a brain/lungs/heart or something and it seems to work but like...how should we know that? I treated this like most vendor recipes and thought you had to sell three of the same rather than any three. There's no indication this is how that specific recipe works, and it's the only recipe I can think of that works this way. Everything else is selling like for like - 3 of the same rare base for another, 3 of the same essences/maps for an upgrade etc.

It's frustrating that they seem to change rules, give no indication, but just expect players to figure it out anyways : /

In other news, kinda done with my spectral throw character. Realistically without a huge investment I don't have many upgrades to go for and I'm struggling with elder guardians (I can down them, but it takes fucking forever and they hit me like a truck). Guess ranger isn't for me : /

Gonna probably make a Surrender reflect gladiator and see how that goes.
    I had trouble with all the rangers I tried, even the meta ones, I think they just need far too much investment to be great. Doing a trap build now that my necro got boring af, it's fun deleting screens and meta's.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I had trouble with all the rangers I tried, even the meta ones, I think they just need far too much investment to be great. Doing a trap build now that my necro got boring af, it's fun deleting screens and meta's.
    Trap seems super strong at bosses from what I've seen, I just wish it remotely appealed to me. I knew it would be "different" on Ranger since I'd never played one before, but just not a fan of how it plays out with spectral throw, especially this league. The clear is great for the most part in maps, but I'm prone to getting 1 shot (5K hp, minimal mitigation, near dodge/evasion cap with some extra block, 77 all ele res but no chaos res) even from little dudes if I'm not careful. I just need to stick to facetank builds.

Apparently you have a higher chance by selling a brain/lungs/heart or something and it seems to work but like...how should we know that?
    The patch notes say:

"Added a new vendor recipe for Metamorph organs. Three of any organs can be given to receive a random organ differing from those offered, with random rewards."

So if I understand correctly you can sell heart + brain + lung and then have 50/50 chance to get eye or liver?

Whelp, finally killed sirus (with my cyclone ahn's slayer) and can't help but feel.... done... the actual metamorph thing isn't that exciting to keep going honestly.