Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRainman View Post
    No. It really doesn't.
    loved the clickbait xD Was getting ready to tell why it sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    It's funny to see so many uninformed people on supposed WoW fansite. Week from now you will be bitching that there is too much stuff to do.

Mage Tower was great, but don't overhype it's difficulty. During 7.3 when it was most popular it was fairly easy, especially for DPS. I finished it on some specs that I never played before.
    Well, yea, it was easy in 7.3 when you outgeared it by nearly 50 ilvls, had Concordance, and 3 additional trait lvls due to the netherlightshadowforgethingy.

Getting the appearances at the initial release was a true test of personal skill. Even in late 7.2, it wasn't easy (I was able to get Feral/Guardian appearance around then, didn't care enough about any other artifact appearances to get em though)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikkuu View Post
    They released BFA in August. What makes you think they will release Shadowlands in December?
    Because they barely had anything to show at Blizzcon in November. An August release is 10~ months after that. I'm not too confident they'll be able to do everything they need to do in that timeframe.

Plus when they first announced it, they just said 2020. If they were going to do a summer release, like their last couple, they would have said as much. Not to mention most of the expansions have released in the fall/winter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

only 1 expansion has released december, as as they said with cataclysm (that exp) they will not do it again.

Made people go into christmas with still MORE to play, and put all the developers in a ton of stress up to christmas having to make sure everything was a-ok.

Maybe only one expansion has been released in December, but historically most expansions have released in the fall/winter time. Wrath, BC, Cata, MoP, and WoD have all released in the fall/winter.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FanaticDreamer View Post
    Maybe only one expansion has been released in December, but historically most expansions have released in the fall/winter time. Wrath, BC, Cata, MoP, and WoD have all released in the fall/winter.
    yes... which is why it wont bne december, and will prob be august.
    also they had a fair bit to show, just as much as they did for stuff like legion and BFA
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

8.3 doesn't look that great and classes are still in a bad state but I'm glad they've cut their losses and haven't poured resources into an entire new zone or set visions (another bandaid fix for endgame progression) in a new area.

Take the rehashing and minimal effort they've put into 8.3 as optimism, and Blizzard placing the majority of their effort in Shadowlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm holding my breath. Initially I'm excited, but I'm trying to restrain my expectations.

I think what will hurt 8.3 more than anything is that fact that there are so many low pop realms that aren't merged yet. I know they said at blizzcon they have more merges planned, but that should have rolled out before 8.3, not some time around shadowlands release or potentially later. I honestly can't find a rational reason as to why this hasn't happened sooner. I just hope greed and expecting players to pay $25 per toon doesn't play a part. Realistically, the whole transfering service should work as a time frame. You buy a 1-2 hour slot time frame in which you can transfer any character to any realm, limiting 1 transfer per character. That way if you wanted to keep all your characters together, you wouldn't feel pressured to drop $100 just to follow a guild that's transfering or a clique of friends.

In short, a wave of realm merges should have rolled out before 8.3.
    Last edited by crakerjack; 2020-01-12 at 09:50 PM.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

also they had a fair bit to show, just as much as they did for stuff like legion and BFA
    No way it launches in August. Its easy to see they are already behind, if it launches then, it will be another half assed and rushed expansion. It really need to be released in Jan. BFA didnt have enough time to cook and look at the cluster fuck it is
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    8.3 doesn't look that great and classes are still in a bad state but I'm glad they've cut their losses and haven't poured resources into an entire new zone or set visions (another bandaid fix for endgame progression) in a new area.

Take the rehashing and minimal effort they've put into 8.3 as optimism, and Blizzard placing the majority of their effort in Shadowlands.
    Here's hoping they actually do what needs to be done in shadowlands, since we're most likely in for an 11 month content drought. Nothing they've said so far looks like more than what we should see in a good content patch, which is worrying. Many classes are still in a dreadful state gameplay wise and they've been really shy about info on class changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Here's hoping they actually do what needs to be done in shadowlands
    Yeah. No. I have lost all hope. They just will relabel old mechanics. Daily quests -> world quests. Azerite Power -> Anima Power. Assaults -> Tower assaults. They have no new ideas. They do not invest into new gameplay. They only relabel.

The only useful things we get in shadowlands are new dungeons and new raids. And that is all. World quests will be as dull as now. PVP will not get vendors back and still depend entirely on gear. Classes will not be massiverly improved but just get back some old abilities that do not matter (pet feed, anyone?). They will sell their class changes as "big new exciting great change" just to ignore any feedback that does not agree, as they did in BFA.

Nothing will ever change with a game director named Ion Hazzikostas.

Shadowlands will be as any other expac before. Millions will come back just to unsub again after they discovered how bad designed the World of Warcraft is. Because Ion wants his raids and dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Maybe if we keep throwing complexity at people in the form of useless grinds they won't notice we can't fix the social aspect of the game!!!
    Blizz can't fix its community. It's up to the players to socialize in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Well, yea, it was easy in 7.3 when you outgeared it by nearly 50 ilvls, had Concordance, and 3 additional trait lvls due to the netherlightshadowforgethingy.

Getting the appearances at the initial release was a true test of personal skill. Even in late 7.2, it wasn't easy (I was able to get Feral/Guardian appearance around then, didn't care enough about any other artifact appearances to get em though)
    The majority of the people on these forums still couldn't get Mage Tower done even with 940 iLevel and max concordance. Let alone doing it when it was actually "hard" at 880-900.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Imagine being so hopelessly cynical that you outright reject the notion of new content altogether.
    This is a strawman. No one is rejecting the notion of new content. Most people who can objectively look at what is in 8.3 know there isn't much at all. At most this content will stay fresh for 2-3 weeks. Then all you have is a new raid.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    now you are just trolling

- - - Updated - - -

Also 8.3 is good because it just deals with Nzoth that has been boring.
    One of the highlights is removing that side plot that morons think is so interesting.

When it really is just an uncreative mess.
    Yeah, dumb ol boring N'Zoth.

I just want more screamy elf lady. Yassss.

How do you reach that conclusion? If most of the expansions were released towards the end of the year? O.o

And you said just as much as Legion and BFA...that's not really an argument in their favor, lol. A lot of people complained about the lack of content early BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    This is a strawman. No one is rejecting the notion of new content. Most people who can objectively look at what is in 8.3 know there isn't much at all. At most this content will stay fresh for 2-3 weeks. Then all you have is a new raid.
    The dude I was replying to in your quote literally said that Blizzard shouldn't have even bothered with 8.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post

Lemmie tell you something:

Not everyone had alts over 900 level because honestly? It was impossible to gear up alts with legion bullshits like leggo, relics, tier sets.
    At 7.3 it still took me quite a bit of tries on characters ~900ilvl, with garbage gear, garbage leggos and garbage relics.

And you greatly underestimate how bad people can be, I watched some small streamer back then who was trying to do Ret pala challenge and she was using mouse to move, said she can't use WSAD. It took her quite a lot of time.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    The dude I was replying to in your quote literally said that Blizzard shouldn't have even bothered with 8.3.
    I would almost agree with him. When I saw 8.3 had barely anything in it and a whole heap of re-used assets I was almost relieved. To me it meant they were side lining BfA to shift everyone over to work on Shadowlands. We hadn't seen it at that point though.

Then we got the Shadowlands announcement and I was... Underwhelmed. Maybe he was trying to say if 8.3 didn't happen at all then Shadowlands would look way better and be much more ambitious than it currently does.

Too early to tell though.

I'm not at all going to be a dick about this, because even though I dislike WoW nowadays, I don't hate those that do. I'm glad you're excited for 8.3. And there is good reason to. Ny'alotha looks cool, and we'll finally face N'zoth after so long. So, the fact that you're hyped for this patch shows me that there are people in the community that are excited about the game. And that pleases me.

Good luck out there, Adventurer!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    Please don't spread misinformation Visions is nowhere close to being on par with Mage Tower.

You can be excited but new patch but don't try to hype it up by being hyperbolic.
    He's not being Hyperbolic though. Sure, the Mage Tower and the Visions aren't all that much the same thing when tested, but concept wise, they work rather similarly in comparison.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FanaticDreamer View Post
    How do you reach that conclusion? If most of the expansions were released towards the end of the year? O.o

And you said just as much as Legion and BFA...that's not really an argument in their favor, lol. A lot of people complained about the lack of content early BFA.
    Only Cata was released in december...
    all the rest were usually august and november

vanilla- november
    (classic) august
    tbc- jan
    wotlk- nov
    cata- dec
    mop- september
    wod-nov
    legion- aug
    BFA- aug

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Lemmie tell you something:

Not everyone had alts over 900 level because honestly? It was impossible to gear up alts with legion bullshits like leggo, relics, tier sets.
    At 7.3 it still took me quite a bit of tries on characters ~900ilvl, with garbage gear, garbage leggos and garbage relics.

And you greatly underestimate how bad people can be, I watched some small streamer back then who was trying to do Ret pala challenge and she was using mouse to move, said she can't use WSAD. It took her quite a lot of time.
    im a clicker, i did the warlock ones pretty early
    did the death knight ones, and one of the rogue ones pretty near the end with like 820 ilvl and 1 or 2 legendaires.
    i coulda done them all, but i really didnt care, i only play lock so... while alot were cool, i dont care THAT much about em.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan2 View Post
    glancing over all these previews on the front page makes me excited for next week.
    You're entitled to be excited, but at least have the facts straight because you clearly don't.

with a new mage tower to progress
    There is no "new mage tower". We have a forced progression scenario, which is closer to the Chromie Scenario than it is the Mage Tower. There is no really amazing cosmetic reward tied to this scenario. It's also not a skill based scenario, it's a "how high is your cloak" scenario.

a massive raid
    Ny'alotha is an average sized raid, it's not "massive". We've had several end tier's larger, in fact this is the second smallest end tier.

end-of-expansion-secondary-stat-values make every spec more fun to play
    This is an extremely subjective opinion. However, in most players opinions, stats do not make boring class design more fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    They already added 2 new areas which is about on par with other expacs. MOP added 1, WoD added 1, Legion technically added 3 but they were considered one piece really. And BFA added 2.
    MoP added 2(Isle of Thunder and Timeless Isle), WoD only had 1 new tier/patch, Legion had 2(Broken Shore and Argus). The point players are making is that there should be a new zone for a huge lore piece such as an old god invasion. Especially when we're looking at a 9-11 month tier, because we should all know damn well that Shadowlands isn't releasing in the Summer(because that would be an extremely short final tier which isn't happening), it isn't releasing during Blizzcon(Blizzard has gone on record saying releasing right after Blizzcon is terrible for them to work on), and they need to time it correctly so that the raid doesn't release during American Thanksgiving and Christmas(for obvious reasons).
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    This is an extremely subjective opinion. However, in most players opinions, stats do not make boring class design more fun.
    There's a whole lot of paragraphs and words in this post for someone who thinks something as inane as this. Stats absolutely make "boring" (extremely subjective opinion from you there) class design infinitely better. Enhancement, for example, is practically the same spec (minus an RNG proc and a short "more damage" cooldown) it was in Legion, but the Legion version felt 100x better to play. If Ret paladins had as much haste as they do during Crusade/Lust 100% of the time, they'd definitely be more fun to play. Fury warriors feel perceptibly better for every piece of haste gear you put on. Elemental shaman feels much better than it did at the start of the expansion with negligible changes except for stat scaling.

I make no comment on the rest of your post, but this part was ridiculous.