Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    Lol fucking really dude?

Jesus. See ya. Try harder next time than just strawmanning someone with such a hilarious extreme scenario. The idea that you're a mod amazes me.

lol
    Alright.

This went from you trying to claim no Pokemon or Mario characters are similar which is wrong, to you arguing that I don't know that it wouldn't stop people from complaining that it's another Fire Emblem character (complaints you can see in this very thread that has NOTHING to do with the fighting style and all to do with where they came from).

And then stoop to mocking instead I guess?

Legit baffled what your aim is, or why you have such issue with the idea that people are complaining that it's another fire emblem character, but I'm supposed to just blindly accept what you're saying just because I said I haven't seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    There is no English dub because the VAs also sing their respective songs and finding capable singers/VAs in the US along with re-writing the songs into English would of been a logistical nightmare.
    not really but it wouldve been more expensive. there are plenty of vas who can sing. i cant speak to translating songs though because i have no idea how that works.

but when it comes to acting more expensive might as well mean the same thing
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

It should have been Travis Touchdown imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    not really but it wouldve been more expensive. there are plenty of vas who can sing. i cant speak to translating songs though because i have no idea how that works.

but when it comes to acting more expensive might as well mean the same thing
    Name me all the prominent VAs who commonly work on video games who are also trained singers...

Nobody said it was impossible, but they aren't gonna spend Disney VA budget on a damn jrpg lmfao. The JP VAs where already expensive as it was done by Avex Group and there is like 6 different J-Pop artists featured in the cast.

this game looks kinda good

- - - Updated - - -

Name me all the prominent VAs who commonly work on video games who are also trained singers...

Nobody said it was impossible, but they aren't gonna spend Disney VA budget on a damn jrpg lmfao. The JP VAs where already expensive as it was done by Avex Group and there is like 6 different J-Pop artists featured in the cast.
    cristina vee
    tara strong
    laura bailey

just to name a couple i know off the top of my head

they also couldve just hired singers separately for the songs ala https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...onSingingVoice
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont remember if you could give tsubasa glasses at the start in the original, but thats sure to make many man’s pps hard

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    It should have been Travis Touchdown imo.
    I would say Travis might be a bit too much for Smash, but Bayonetta still got in.

Granted, I could only imagine some mechanic around recharging his sword might...be a bit too much for the game if done wrong lol

cristina vee
    tara strong
    laura bailey

just to name a couple i know off the top of my head

they also couldve just hired singers separately for the songs ala https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...onSingingVoice
    You named 3 girls and you need to find 3 dudes who can also sing J Pop songs my dude lmfao. Also the entire point is that it's the same voices for singing and the normal VAing, same people so hiring singers separately would completely negate the point of the game and why it was licensed through the Avex group in the first place.

You're trying to compare it to some shitty western TV shit when it's literally a game about the Japanese entertainment industry where people both act, sing and dance and thus had real idols do all this for the game.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-01-18 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Many voice actors are also trained singers. Hence the range of voices they can do. Fuck, one of the things that shows you’re a good VA is being able to sing AS your character. Way harder than any KPop/JPop BS they might be asked to do.
    Please step aside and don't comment on things you know nothing about. jUsT gEt TROY BAKER tO sInG tHIs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1ExnZRdL8o So EZ amirite?

Oh and before you call something BS friendly reminder the VA for this game costed a hell of a lot more then western dub VAs make, by a country mile. There is a reason atlus/nintendo are giving this game a 2nd chance because it probably costed more to make then it has any right to.

Let me guess you will reply with your usual "lol thanks for making me laugh"? Yea that's typical because you always reply with some weak ass gotcha moment and fail to own up to it. Back to ignore you go...
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-01-18 at 04:34 AM.

You named 3 girls and you need to find 3 dudes who can also sing J Pop songs my dude lmfao. Also the entire point is that it's the same voices for singing and the normal VAing, same people so hiring singers separately would completely negate the point of the game and why it was licensed through the Avex group in the first place.

You're trying to compare it to some shitty western TV shit when it's literally a game about the Japanese entertainment industry where people both act, sing and dance and thus had real idols do all this for the game.
    how would hiring singers seperately negate anything ingame when it doesnt affect the actual game at all? also i wasnt comparing it to "western tv" thats just a trope page because its extremely common when actors cant sing whether its live action or not, tv, movie whatever to dub it over.

you think its difficult to find someone to sing for someone else? especially when singing voices are rarely 1:1 to speaking voices anyways?

actors are a dime a dozen. there is no person who cannot be replaced or duplicated.

you want an actor who can sing? put it in your call list for specified talents required to audition singing isnt some super rare unique trait you're acting like they would be asking for an olmpic level gymnasts who can juggle and swallow swords while performing contortions.

around 80% of available actors at any given time are unemployed. they arent a hot commodity

I don't even get what this is about anymore.

Tech literally said right off the bat it would be too expensive to bother with. It's not like he only claimed that it was an issue with getting the VA, just that not only is it harder to find VAs who can do that for a English dub, but that on top of that it wouldn't be worth the money investment.

So even if you try to cling to saying "Well actors are everywhere!", it doesn't change that it would be too much money. And honestly that doesn't even touch into how voice acting is a far different scene in Japan than it is in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I don't even get what this is about anymore.

Tech literally said right off the bat it would be too expensive to bother with. It's not like he only claimed that it was an issue with getting the VA, just that not only is it harder to find VAs who can do that for a English dub, but that on top of that it wouldn't be worth the money investment.

So even if you try to cling to saying "Well actors are everywhere!", it doesn't change that it would be too much money. And honestly that doesn't even touch into how voice acting is a far different scene in Japan than it is in the US.
    I'm the one who said it wouldve been more expensive, hes acting like it would be hard to find period

but it also wouldnt cost "pixar level" either like he said in his 2nd reply. but judging by how so many video game voice actors are treated in the west any added expense probably seems that way.

theres a reason why theyve had to unionize and strike the past few years.
    Last edited by Immitis; 2020-01-18 at 09:47 PM.

I'm the one who said it wouldve been more expensive, hes acting like it would be hard to find period
    /shrug

It's a circular debate it seems. It is really expensive, and it would be hard especially when you think of how little the payoff would be on top of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    /shrug

It's a circular debate it seems. It is really expensive, and it would be hard especially when you think of how little the payoff would be on top of that.
    it seems like you replied before my edit.

still, like i said, any added expense seems to much for most game companies even if the costs are exaggerated.

television has no problems paying their voice actors a fair wage or giving them proper conditions and context while video game companies repeatedly mistreat, underpay and give poor work material.

i cant even count on my fingers how many times va's who do video games will have to perform with literally no material, no help, they might get a picture of their character if theyre lucky.

blizzard is one of the few companies who treats their talent well, giving them reference guides and actually working with them.

but thats more a statement on the industry in general and is not something exclusive to nintendo.

Honestly, they could have just left the songs in Japanse and dubbed everything else. It might have been a bit jarring whenever they started singing in Japanese but I'll take a partial dub over no dub any day.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Honestly, they could have just left the songs in Japanse and dubbed everything else. It might have been a bit jarring whenever they started singing in Japanese but I'll take a partial dub over no dub any day.
    Considering it's the characters singing, not just some random music playing that would be tacky. Especially in combat when a song triggers right after hearing combat dialogue. Hard pass, and glad they didn't do that. Late game with long sessions and all songs unlocked characters would be going between being english and japanese on every damn turn lmfao.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-01-18 at 11:12 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just fucking drop it. Like yakuza, this isnt the game for a dub

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Just fucking drop it. Like yakuza, this isnt the game for a dub
    Yakuza will probably be dubbed in the future as Judgment was. Series has become bigger and it simply wasn't worth it for them back when Yakuza 3 and 4 where selling 100k copies in the west. 0, remakes/ports and 6 have grown the western fan base substantially. There is already rumors going around the same company that dubbed Judgment has been licensed to dub Yakuza 7.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yakuza will probably be dubbed in the future as Judgment was. Series has become bigger and it simply wasn't worth it for them back when Yakuza 3 and 4 where selling 100k copies in the west. 0, remakes/ports and 6 have grown the western fan base substantially. There is already rumors going around the same company that dubbed Judgment has been licensed to dub Yakuza 7.
    My point was full japanese culture games like this and yakuza dont need dubs

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    My point was full japanese culture games like this and yakuza dont need dubs
    How else am I suppose to understand them, god.