View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    There are people replaying the entirety of the nightmare that is Kingdom Hearts 3 just because a DLC has been released.
    I have replayed Warcraft 3 campaign a year ago and I am using the remaster as an excuse to do it again on hard.
    I'm not a fan of Kingdom Hearts, but sounds like they have better reason to replay the game than we do, since there's no new content, outsourced new models, and nothing else, for $30. Buying it means you're supporting that business model.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    there is no point in calling it reforged anymore. its just a remaster.
    pathetic.
    It barely is a remaster. Remasters improve graphics, improve UI, improve stability & performance, and improve QoL. WC3 Reforged changes graphics, reduces stability & performance, removes options. The only thing they changed that could subjectively be seen as better is the graphics, and they're very different in every regard from the old ones, meaning the charm is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    This was mentioned three months ago, you were warned...

https://www.pcgamer.com/warcraft-3-r...-voice-actors/

And yes it does suck, I was complaining about it three months ago though. I really wanted to see the retcons, new levels, new developed characters and new voice actors and new designed levels.

But Blizzard said people moaned too much on the forums about it and once again Blizzard listened to their dumb ass fans. Although I don't buy that. I honestly think something went wrong, either the team was under staffed or staff was taken away from this project but something happened that caused this. I blame the Blizzard cuts that happened a while back, I think Activision-Blizzard just didn't want to throw too much money into Reforged and just wanted it out there.
    I feel like they should have made a big announcement out of this and left it as a sticky on their forums, or at least remove the Stratholme trailer from their WC3R website. Doing one interview with a game news site isn't really a great way to disseminate information. Especially considering their overall radio silence regarding what was going on with this game.

The product is obviously unfinished. Developers were forced to release it because of corporate deadlines.

The product obviously is full of bugs. Because of the above. There are missing features - like not being able to play custom campaigns. Also because of the above.

But apart from those, forums are full of fricking whiners that cry about literally everything and contradict each other.

One guy is mad that the game looks too different from original WC3 (different = worse).

Second guy is mad that the game doesn't look different ENOUGH. He expected brand new game and is mad that fundamental features of units and combat (like "clunky" movement) were kept intact.

Third guy doesn't like gameplay UI. It's literally the same as it was originally. Links examples what he would consider good UI - they are all trash and don't look like Warcraft at all.

Fourth guy links fan-made SC2 mod that attempted to recreate WC3. Says even it is much better than reforged ("plot twist" - it obviously isn't, not even close). Gets upvoted anyway.

Hundred others claim they were "scammed" citing features that remained unchanged for the whole duration of beta.

Visit reddit and you will see infinite amount of similarly retarded "problems". Face the facts. The game DOES look better, and THAT was the point of this project. You can claim its not worth the money, but thats rather the problem of how much is money worth to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

7+ Year Old Account
    The final product is atrocious. Stiff animations, poor blueish lighting on character models in portraits, 1:1 recreation of cut-scenes when we were promised something more ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4K2u2KbpdE ), UI stuck on freaking 4:3 (!). And that's not to mention the lack of all the quality of life improvements (fully adjustable keybindings like in SCII, ability to limit unit sounds to highlights only and so much more)... I am stunned over how they can release a product in a state like this and for a mind-boggling €29.99! I've kindly requested a refund from support. I'm not sure it'll be approved as the product has been "in use", though.
    Last edited by Nokonda; 2020-01-29 at 04:22 PM.
    “Whatever malice you carry I can match with seething fury.” ─ Nokonda
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    The product is obviously unfinished. Developers were forced to release it because of corporate deadlines.

The product obviously is full of bugs. Because of the above. There are missing features - like not being able to play custom campaigns. Also because of the above.

But apart from those, forums are full of fricking whiners that cry about literally everything and contradict each other.

One guy is mad that the game looks too different from original WC3 (different = worse).

Second guy is mad that the game doesn't look different ENOUGH. He expected brand new game and is mad that fundamental features of units and combat (like "clunky" movement) were kept intact.

Third guy doesn't like gameplay UI. It's literally the same as it was originally. Links examples what he would consider good UI - they are all trash and don't look like Warcraft at all.

Fourth guy links fan-made SC2 mod that attempted to recreate WC3. Says even it is much better than reforged ("plot twist" - it obviously isn't, not even close). Gets upvoted anyway.

Hundred others claim they were "scammed" citing features that remained unchanged for the whole duration of beta.

Visit reddit and you will see infinite amount of similarly retarded "problems". Face the facts. The game DOES look better, and THAT was the point of this project. You can claim its not worth the money, but thats rather the problem of how much is money worth to you.
    if you are referring to the 3 thrall custom campaigns against the murlocs , I am pleased to say they are part of the intro campaign complete with voice acting

15+ Year Old Account
    they shouldn't have overhyped this to begin with. From the looks of reforged at blizzcon I was begining to wonder why they're just not making Warcraft 4. Cinematic-style cutscenes, lore-friendly maps, great models, i mean everything seemed too good to be true. I'm happy with this remake, it's not the best, its not the worst either.

I'd rather play Warcraft 4 though.

I played a few custom games with a friend (didn't buy Reforged so with Classic graphics) but I loathe the new menu. It looks so much uglier and clunkier than the old one. Why would you try to fix something that isn't even broken??

When did you start playing Warcraft as an RTS?
    I think I was like, 12 or something? My mom worked at a veterinary hospital, and the downstairs had a PC with a bunch of games on it. Sometimes I'd take the bus there after school and play with the animals and play the pc games, one of which was Warcraft.

What are your favorite Warcraft RTS memories?
    Not sure really.

What was the best mission from WC3?
    No idea. Never played WC3.

What race did you play in WC3?
    X

Favorite custom map?
    X

Have you purchased WC3R?
    No, don't plan on it either. It looks super poorly done and clunky.

What are you excited for in WC3R?
    All the new meme potential.

What edition of WC3R have you purchased?
    I haven't. If I were to, it'd be whatever is the game. Just the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    "Syvlanas yo be da warchief nao because spirits told me yo cool lol"
    ~World of Warcraft Vol'jin
    Arthas, a small crack in the nether crystal I am prisoned in is making me lose all my power, come to Icecrown quick!..and break down the entire crystal.

- Lich King

So, they are still advertising with the old trailer and text like 4 hours of reforged cutscenes. I am pretty sure the total cutscene length is not 4 hours... Especially "reforged" ones.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    This has to be the biggest scam ever.

I seriously want to see those people defending this face to face, especially the hardcore purists. You cannot attempt to say that this fully animated cutscene with facial animations is worse in any way that then original one. Like, common! There is a line where they are just bullshitting.

I'm just so sad this did end up getting botched so badly. I refunded after playing Beta for 2 weeks, but I kept an eye on it hoping for ...a lot to be addressed.

I'd put RoC and TFT as my most played games from age 13 - 17. It ignited both my interest in the fantasy genre and the urge to create, both of which are still a part of my identity today.

I deeply wanted this to succeed; to triumph. I wanted Blizzard to deliver on its Blizzcon ambitions and elevate this title to new heights.
    I wanted to have fun.
    I'm not angry and I will not snipe at the developers on forums. Not paying for a poor product is the strongest feedback we can give.
    Profound disappointment is the only emotion I can muster for now.
    Last edited by Villager720; 2020-01-29 at 04:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Oh well, at least we still have custom ga-

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wa...p-makers/14508

FUCK!
    what the shit... I was fuckin hyped for DBZ Tribute, those fuckers.

3+ Year Old Account
    I've seen the Fall of Silvermoon...

Copy-paste from my post in the official WC3 forums:

After seeing the gameplay with it, here’s some of my thoughts:

1. Way too many Elf Archmages, there were also Elven Paladins in lore; please add some of them as well.

2. I appreciate the addition of Thalorien but, could you also add Velonara, Belo’vir, and Vandellor? As I said - too many generic Elf Archmages

3. The Farstriders and Silvermoon Guardians are mixed up; the names should be the other way around.

4. I have mixed feelings about Sylvanas dying surrounded by flowers in a different place but even on the Warbringers cinematic she was supposed to be far from Silvermoon; I suggest swapping Arthas’ base with the outlying enemy base and move Sylvanas and her flowers a bit further to the west, and add the Windrunner Spire doodad.

5. Regarding #4, the gameplay is mixed up; I think it’s better to send a paltry force to attack Arthas, with Sylvanas’ taunt. And the said Windrunner Spire be blocked with an invulnerable wall that only disperses when the Farstrider base is down; and the Silvermoon Gate will only be vulnerable when you finally kill Sylvanas. This makes it easier to actually insert the Runners + Gargoyles quest

6. Human Captains? Did you guys forget to make a High Elf Lieutenant?

7. Elven buildings use Human architecture; You gave us the impression that you would give even Menag his own model when overhyped us with the super specific models for Paladins and Dreadlords (well they’re not even complete yet). Why stop there?

8. I see you really merged RoC with TFT, because the Shipyard, the Rune of Healing, the spells Silence, Life Drain, Howl of Terror, Charm, Breathe of Fire, and Rain of Fire, are all TFT content.

9. I like that you really based the Silvermoon map with WoW

10. No dialogue between Arthas and Anasterian? You spliced Grom to Hellscream, and you added female voice lines; you could at least give Anasterian some battle cries or insults to Arthas without the need of him responding if you care about the old voice so much.

11. With the Sunwell being a combination of doodads and terrains instead of a single doodad; what happens to the “glowing fountain” doodad that was supposed to be the Sunwell?

12. Why use dirty primitive golems? They’re supposed to be using Arcane Golems!

I don’t want to be way too complacent and propagate the way-below-the-bare-minimum “they will just fix it eventually” mentality; but please - actually fix them eventually.

Here’s my suggestion to the chapter:
    imgur(.)com/DtpI93f

buy Warcraft III worth it?

I have plans to buy the game but it really worth the 39 USD?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexosaurus View Post
    I feel like they should have made a big announcement out of this and left it as a sticky on their forums, or at least remove the Stratholme trailer from their WC3R website. Doing one interview with a game news site isn't really a great way to disseminate information. Especially considering their overall radio silence regarding what was going on with this game.
    I am not even sure if there was a blue post on this anywhere... I'll have to check.

No, it's outsourced dogshit with 90% of promised features cut and horrible fps and crashes.

No. The art was outsourced to Malaysia.. You can even tell by Arthas' Korean face. They also disabled any custom maps with reference to other IP and said all custom maps belong to Blizzard (so they can probably resell them themselves). The cinematics just have slightly more pixels and the model animations have 20 FPS. There is nothing new in the campaign and they cut back on almost everything they promised back in 2018. Don't bother. Also, the UI is horrible and the mini-map didn't get updated so you can hardly even read it with how pixelated it is. A real shame. The demo showed a completely new UI that looked a lot slimmer and effective with more room on the screen for the actual game, but that got cut for no reason. They also didn't update the commands or add any QoL features like better grouping. This is basically a $40 texture pack. There's a reason it is rated a 2 on metacritic right now.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-01-29 at 05:33 PM.

Sadly No. You'll get a better experience playing the 2002 version. I don't know if you can "purchase" it now *wink wink*

I'm a huge WC3 fanboy and I have to say no

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I'm not a fan of Kingdom Hearts, but sounds like they have better reason to replay the game than we do, since there's no new content, outsourced new models, and nothing else, for $30. Buying it means you're supporting that business model.

- - - Updated - - -

It barely is a remaster. Remasters improve graphics, improve UI, improve stability & performance, and improve QoL. WC3 Reforged changes graphics, reduces stability & performance, removes options. The only thing they changed that could subjectively be seen as better is the graphics, and they're very different in every regard from the old ones, meaning the charm is gone.
    Yep. That is because they outsourced the art to a company in Malaysia.