10+ Year Old Account
    Funny story, Reuters linked Coronavirus outbreak 'getting bigger', WHO says, and Health official warns U.S. lawmakers of wider coronavirus outbreak, within four minutes of each other.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said in a closed-door briefing in the U.S. House of Representatives that the sustained spread of the coronavirus in so many countries meant there would many more infections in the United States, according to the source.

Fauci added that it was unlikely the virus would disappear next year and he warned lawmakers the country did not have enough testing resources, the source said on condition of anonymity.
    Dr. Fauci is a long-time government employee, like, since Nixon long-time. He's also a well-respected HIV researcher, like Redfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Funny story, Reuters linked Coronavirus outbreak 'getting bigger', WHO says, and Health official warns U.S. lawmakers of wider coronavirus outbreak, within four minutes of each other.

Dr. Fauci is a long-time government employee, like, since Nixon long-time. He's also a well-respected HIV researcher, like Redfield.
    And now the stupid administration wants to bar him from speaking about it publicly.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...cussion-2020-2

Awesome... :/
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    No the natives were conquered thats different. Another culture comes here and takes power than yes you should be subjugated to the new culture. And no it has not been 250 years they were the majority christian europeans up until world war 1 and more so after world war 2.
    lol so if I kick your ass and fuck your wife then you should be fine with it. If not then it's time to admit that conquest isn't the best excuse to reconcile this nation's ugly history.

At this rate, this administration will turn our entire media into Fox News if we don't do something about soon. When they try to filter the message and narrative from minimal sources, the truth is only what they want to you know.

We really need to get out and vote these corrupt people out. They are turning the country into the thing they have been big critics of. The party of hypocrites.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Also see why he retweeted this at the same time
    As I cited, that was the previous poll. Now, Rasmussen is 47%. He lost 5% in a week.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I should have clarified earlier: that WHO thing? They have the coronavirus outbreak at "very high" risk, the highest level they have.

There is no chance the WHO is in a shadowy conspiracy with MSDNC (eyeroll) to spread panic. They are spreading information. And the information is "it's bad".

It's really not much of an excuse at this point to get caught unawares. We've been dealing with this virus for two months now.

This is a reality check for every government on the planet: wake up, get ready, this virus may be on its way and you need to be ready. You have a duty to your citizens, you have a duty to the world to be ready.
    I'm sure that wasn't directed at any one leader, even one doing some tiny handwaving.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    And now Trump wants to control the messaging because of the Stocks and Trumps Reelection, pathetic and completely deplorable.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/27/u...rus-pence.html
    UPDATE: Dr. Fauci (dude I was just talking about) was to appear on five major Sunday news talk shows. Within 24 hours of taking charge, Pence cancelled all of them.

Yes, even FOX News.

As I cited earlier, Fauci is amongst the trained, qualified Trump employees who have been saying "This is bad news". He is now being gagged so that Trump can tweet "everything is fine" during multiple 1,000 DOW drops.

UPDATE: Dr. Fauci (dude I was just talking about) was to appear on five major Sunday news talk shows. Within 24 hours of taking charge, Pence cancelled all of them.

Yes, even FOX News.

As I cited earlier, Fauci is amongst the trained, qualified Trump employees who have been saying "This is bad news". He is now being gagged so that Trump can tweet "everything is fine" during multiple 1,000 DOW drops.
    Why the fuck they do this? They expect the coronavirus to go away if they don't look at it?
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2020-02-28 at 05:33 PM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Why the fuck the do this? They expect the coronavirus to go away if they don look at it?
    Yes, they do.
    /s

Why the fuck the do this?
    Nothing bad can happen under the rule of the Orange Narcissist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why the fuck the do this? They expect the coronavirus to go away if they don look at it?
    Yes. This is how dictators work.

On topic: in 2018 Trump, without Congressional anything just so we're clear, decided that he'd make it easier to drill for oil and gas on public land, by way of limiting the time the public had to comment.

Naturally, he was sued. He just lost.

Trump had already leased a million acres for drilling. Those leases are now nullified.

"Hey Breccia, did the judge in the suit have a particularly ironic name?"

His name was Ronald Bush, yes.

"And who appointed him?"

Why W did, thanks for asking.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Nothing bad can happen under the rule of the Orange Narcissist.
    You know, i wasnt very afraid of the outbreak reaching pandemic status and getting here until i saw the response of the orange cancer. And i know that a lot of people travel to and from the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    And i know that a lot of people travel to and from the US.
    Hey now, a lot of us, I'm sure, are very fine people.

By the way, US intelligence agencies have been warning about the coronavirus-kind of thing for years.

For years, American intelligence agencies have been warning about the increasing risks of a global pandemic that could strain resources and damage the global economy, while observing that the frequency and diversity of global disease outbreaks has been rising.

In a worldwide threats assessment in 2018 and 2017, intelligence analysts even mentioned a close cousin of the current COVID-19 strain of coronavirus by name, saying it had "pandemic potential" if it were "to acquire efficient human-to-human responsibility."

The most recent worldwide threat assessment, put out in January 2019 by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, contained language on global health that was more pointed than in previous years in calling attention to the risks.
    This is a lot like being told "W was handed a report ISIS going to crash planes into buildings", with one major exception: Bush had, what, seven months? To do anything about it, and I don't know what specifically he could have done once those planes were in the air. Maybe they could have caught the suicide pilots in training. Dunno. Anyhow, Trump had this information for three years. And instead, he both cut CDC ability to respond and also proposed even greater cuts. Which would be like W cutting air marshals and US Air Force bases near NYC and DC. Which he didn't do, by the way.

But I'm not done.

So far this year, the intelligence agency chiefs have not agreed to release a public worldwide threats assessment or testify in public, because, officials tell NBC News, they are reluctant to discuss intelligence that might displease President Donald Trump. This robs Congress of a chance to question intelligence officials publicly about the national security and economic implications of the coronavirus outbreak.
    Hmm. Looks like they covered themselves on this one. "Hey, we told Trump. For years. To his face and everything. We did our job."

You know, i wasnt very afraid of the outbreak reaching pandemic status and getting here until i saw the response of the orange cancer. And i know that a lot of people travel to and from the US.
    Honestly what is the proper response? What could be done better? To me not saying much and trying to calm people down is a much better strategy than causing mass hysteria telling everyone to hide from it.

Why the fuck they do this? They expect the coronavirus to go away if they don't look at it?
    Pence's M.O. is praying on it.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Hey now, a lot of us, I'm sure, are very fine people.

By the way, US intelligence agencies have been warning about the coronavirus-kind of thing for years.

This is a lot like being told "W was handed a report ISIS going to crash planes into buildings", with one major exception: Bush had, what, seven months? To do anything about it, and I don't know what specifically he could have done once those planes were in the air. Maybe they could have caught the suicide pilots in training. Dunno. Anyhow, Trump had this information for three years. And instead, he both cut CDC ability to respond and also proposed even greater cuts. Which would be like W cutting air marshals and US Air Force bases near NYC and DC. Which he didn't do, by the way.

But I'm not done.

Hmm. Looks like they covered themselves on this one. "Hey, we told Trump. For years. To his face and everything. We did our job."
    So throwing money at any problem will fix it with no real plan on what to do. What did the CDC propse to do with this money? Its not like they knew 3 years ago anything about this virus. So for the past 3 years what was the spending going to go towards? What would they be able to do ddifferently? What resources are they currently being denied. All i hear is we need money but for what?

Honestly what is the proper response? What could be done better? To me not saying much and trying to calm people down is a much better strategy than causing mass hysteria telling everyone to hide from it.
    Let me think of something.... How about not gagging your own health professionals trying to get the information to the public? Trying to say: Everything is all right, and dismissing any opinion that says otherwise does not make for a calming response.

Keep licking tRump's butt. Maybe he will send you a check in mail for your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Pence's M.O. is praying on it.
    Wow hes a religious guy so lets attack him because i hate religion. Seriously get over yourselves. What did Biden do better other than having kids rub his hairly legs and probably be able to identify every womans shampoo.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me think of something.... How about not gagging your own health professionals trying to get the information to the public? Trying to say: Everything is all right, and dismissing any opinion that says otherwise does not make for a calming response.
    Because mass panic over things that are still unknown and minor is just asking for trouble. Its like if they knew aliens landed and were hostile but we dispatched them and running out to tell the public about it immediately with no plan on what to do.

I am only speaking for myself, but I would rather preventative measures instead of reactive ones. I mean, if I had a chance to keep my car from breaking down, a mechanic can just tell me - one good way to do so is to change your oil often. Or, I guess I can just wait until engine is giving me all sorts of problems and panic with no plan in place.

In the case of this stupid administration, their aim is to just keep any news they don't like to themselves and remove anyone who does their job by telling the truth. This situation could have mitigated or at least they could have been much more prepared if they looked at this critically - instead of looking at the truth as their own critic.

Quote Originally Posted by omerome View Post
    I am only speaking for myself, but I would rather preventative measures instead of reactive ones. I mean, if I had a chance to keep my car from breaking down, a mechanic can just tell me - one good way to do so is to change your oil often. Or, I guess I can just wait until engine is giving me all sorts of problems and panic with no plan in place.

In the case of this stupid administration, their aim is to just keep any news they don't like to themselves and remove anyone who does their job by telling the truth. This situation could have mitigated or at least they could have been much more prepared if they looked at this critically - instead of looking at the truth as their own critic.
    But what could they have done. Id rather not have the dive by media riling weveryone up but its to late for that.