Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    There's nothing worth doing at this point, essences or not (which are also not actually account wide). Raid Nyalotha if that puts a smile on your face, but beyond that? Nah. Time for another break from this abortion of an xpac and see what other games have to offer. YMMV.

Hoping Shadowlands is better.
    Which expansion era of wow was different? Vanilla? No that was Nax or nothing. BC? No that was Sunwell or Nothing, Wrath? ICC or nothing, Cata? DS or nothing, MoP? SoO or nothing, WoD? HFC or nothing, Legion? Antorus or nothing.

It's basically mmo 101, you reach a point where it's the end raid and you're done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post

I suggested this a while ago and i guess blizzard doesn't want it to happen. They could code it like mark of honor currency concept. How could they not think of this? I guess they want to do THEIR way... Not our way!
    Every game dev wants you to play the game they made to be played in the way they designed it to be played.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I'm not talking about unlocking the cloak, I have rank 3 cloak or higher on all my 12 chars. What I'm talking about is how long it'll take to then get 1500 echoes on each of my alts just to have 3 r3 on each char. I could see doing it for 2-3 other characters, but after that I'd just burn out from the shear tediousness. If you go on the front page and look at what aspects of the game provide echoes and just how much, you'll realize that the pacing isn't all that great. It's about 1 r3 a week and to do the assaults/grind m+/LFR/Raids on more than one char at a time is borderline part time job. We're not talking about missing out on gear and having a lower ilvl, we're talking about missing out on crucial abilities that alter your playstyle. Not having access to these essences is gimping the player, especially if they've already collected r3 on their mains.

In the end, blizzard is punishing players who enjoy playing a variety of classes rather than having 1-2 characters only. Instead of just making them account wide and allowing people to fully enjoy their alts, they threw in the whole echoes currency to maintain those MAU's. There's not one single rational argument for why they couldn't make them account wide with zero conditions.
    Blizzard is punishing no one. I bet you don't even lfr in those characters. I bet you only leveled 12 characters so you could come to MMOC to complain. "As someone 2ho plays all of their 12 Alts..." You don't need esscences.

The reason why they are not account wide and you have to actually play your character to get them is because if you don't actually play your character then you don't need them so you won't get them. It is all very simple. Don't like it? Quit. I dare you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Why don't they add the line "predict which character user will log into first" instead? It uses less lines and runs faster.

Seriously guys. What else are you going to complain about? Having to be connected to the internet to get your esscences?

- - - Updated - - -

Since you can't handle 3 hours work over 2 weeks why don't you just quit?

- - - Updated - - -

What grind? You are gifted with esscences just for playing the game.
    See, you can't even provide a rational argument. Your response is more along the lines of "boo hoo, deal with it". If you genuinely believe blizzard can do no wrong, then you're more than entitled to believe that, but just so we're both on the same page, you're not putting up much of an argument as to why they shouldn't be account wide.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

I finally started doing the visions I stocked up vessels on my alt, you get billions of nyalotha essences each 5-chest you do, I am halfway to my 3rd essence already in like 3 hours of /played since I logged on my alt

I did get 4 (FOUR!!!) corrupted boots in a row tho
    Last edited by Nuba; 2020-03-17 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    So logging into your main for a few seconds equals messing up everything? Mmm, okay
    He means the requirement to farm the rank 3 on the mains first, when the currency is so much more versatile, rewarding and freestyle.

And i agree with OP, the echoes are a perfect system for essences, cancel the original rank 3 grinds (many of them awful ideas that are busywork) and just let players play their fav content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard is punishing no one. I bet you don't even lfr in those characters. I bet you only leveled 12 characters so you could come to MMOC to complain. "As someone 2ho plays all of their 12 Alts..." You don't need esscences.

The reason why they are not account wide and you have to actually play your character to get them is because if you don't actually play your character then you don't need them so you won't get them. It is all very simple. Don't like it? Quit. I dare you.
    When I'm doing +10 or higher keys on my main, I'll see other people doing good damage/heals/tanking and it makes me want to play my alts. I know all my alts and how to play them proficiently, but no amount of gear can offset missing essences. So I'll logon to my alt, play them and realize: "It doesn't matter that my ilvl is 455+, I'm not doing comparable DPS/healing/tanking because I'm missing crucial r3 essences" Sure corruption plays a part to, but that's just grinding gear. Imagine blizzard sweeping down and swiping your last tier of talent choices. They said "We'll give you these back once you grind X amount of dungeons/raids/WQ/assaults, you know the stuff you were going to do anyways even if you had your last tier of talents". I'm already going to do m+, raids and various other content, but when you gimp my alts and make them less powerful because they lack playstyle altering abilities, it makes me want to just go back to my main. All my alts have 450+ ilvl, but they are gimped because they all rock r1 essences unlike my main.

There's no sense of reward if I did choose to unlock r3 essences on my alts, it would feel more like "about time". And it's not like I'd gain any new content to use my newly acquired abilities with, I'd just be told to go do what I was already doing, but now with abilities I should have had access to from the get go.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    >Blizzard caves further to whining forum trolls

>Makes Echoes account-wide, removes all restrictions including having to grind the Rank 3 on another toon

>MMO-C forum: "Great, now there's nothing to do in this stupid fucking game until SL is released. Time to unsub!"
    Maybe some people would cry. Would you? Your suggestion sounds plain more fun then what it is right now, and could be changed to take the same amount of time the current rank 3 grind does. Why not? Whats wrong with not forcing players into activities they are likely to hate?

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    >Blizzard caves further to whining forum trolls

>Makes Echoes account-wide, removes all restrictions including having to grind the Rank 3 on another toon

>MMO-C forum: "Great, now there's nothing to do in this stupid fucking game until SL is released. Time to unsub!"
    Pretty much.

I'm amazed that people are so outraged over something that's been repeated several times with shit becoming account-wide...

Oh well. I'll be getting my Rank 3's on alts without changing a single thing about the content I partake in with them. Meanwhile, there are people having bitched on these forums for months about having no reason to play alts, now bitching about having to play alts to gain Rank 3's from their main.

There is simply no pleasing some people.

can't get healing r3 essences on my alts cuz my main is a dps (huntard)

10+ Year Old Account
    So hard to log main for 1sec.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Stood in the Fire ArkantosChampion's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Soo... i need to login main first, then all my alts and ONLY then OPEN Mythic+ and PVP Chests?
    I'm a normal text, I'm a bold text.

Quote Originally Posted by Amariw View Post
    Maybe some people would cry. Would you? Your suggestion sounds plain more fun then what it is right now, and could be changed to take the same amount of time the current rank 3 grind does. Why not? Whats wrong with not forcing players into activities they are likely to hate?
    Imagine being so far out of touch with reality that you question a system that Blizzard developed so you could not be forced to do activities you hate... by questioning why Blizzard wouldn't release a system that lets you get Essences without doing content you hate.

I... I don't even know anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    The only problem I see with this, is based on how it is worded, it means that if you log in to something else first, it will be treated as your main and thus you won't be able to get the essences on your alt? Am I understanding it right? If that's the case, then yeah it is horrible because so many people will just log a random alt first thing after reset and f themselves up.

If it just means you have to log in to your main character at all, then it's no problem at all.
    No, it just means when you log into the toon with the rank 3 essence it "registers" that you have it and therefore makes it available for sale at Mother.
    Putin khuliyo

When I'm doing +10 or higher keys on my main, I'll see other people doing good damage/heals/tanking and it makes me want to play my alts. I know all my alts and how to play them proficiently, but no amount of gear can offset missing essences. So I'll logon to my alt, play them and realize: "It doesn't matter that my ilvl is 455+, I'm not doing comparable DPS/healing/tanking because I'm missing crucial r3 essences" Sure corruption plays a part to, but that's just grinding gear. Imagine blizzard sweeping down and swiping your last tier of talent choices. They said "We'll give you these back once you grind X amount of dungeons/raids/WQ/assaults, you know the stuff you were going to do anyways even if you had your last tier of talents". I'm already going to do m+, raids and various other content, but when you gimp my alts and make them less powerful because they lack playstyle altering abilities, it makes me want to just go back to my main. All my alts have 450+ ilvl, but they are gimped because they all rock r1 essences unlike my main.

There's no sense of reward if I did choose to unlock r3 essences on my alts, it would feel more like "about time". And it's not like I'd gain any new content to use my newly acquired abilities with, I'd just be told to go do what I was already doing, but now with abilities I should have had access to from the get go.
    Nothing in your word salad explains why you feel entitled to gear that you didn't actually earn.

- - - Updated - - -

See, you can't even provide a rational argument. Your response is more along the lines of "boo hoo, deal with it". If you genuinely believe blizzard can do no wrong, then you're more than entitled to believe that, but just so we're both on the same page, you're not putting up much of an argument as to why they shouldn't be account wide.
    Because you didn't earn it. I guess youngsters feel that when someone disagrees with them they automatically turn to "yOu DoNT hAvE a RaTiOnAl aRgUmEnT". I wish I could say that I am surprised.

I rerolled a new main and it doesn't have the R3 esscences. I still think this esscence giveaway is wrong but I am an adult. I will deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    File this whole kerfuffle on "things people will be mega-mad about for exactly one week, at which point it will be forgotten by all but the most dedicated axe-grinders", I'd say.

It's really not that big of a deal.

My usual ritual is to log on my alts to get m+ things then my main, since i cna't get any m+ upgrades on my main anyway. I'm assuming he did something similar, and missed out on the 300.

1) Its not a big deal, it really isn't that many essences, you can get them fairly quickly
    2) This is on you. Don't whine, if you didn't read like I did, then just accept you fucked up and move on, no reason to cry about it.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    I can’t fathom introducing a system where you have to log into your main to ‘prime the system’. Why did you have to blur the lines, how was this at all necessary? I cannot imagine a scenario where any reason could possibly make more sense than just adding the currency into the game and allowing it to drop on all characters.

Wtf Blizzard?
    I mean whether or not that is true, you would think at the very least they could fucking warn people about it an hour, a day before reset. But no, they warned people an hour afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    I can’t fathom introducing a system where you have to log into your main to ‘prime the system’. Why did you have to blur the lines, how was this at all necessary? I cannot imagine a scenario where any reason could possibly make more sense than just adding the currency into the game and allowing it to drop on all characters.

Wtf Blizzard?
    Oh, this is the mess-up, not the MASSIVE "fuck you" if you main a pure and suddenly want to play tank or healer? Okay.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

The odd thing is I logged on my main first thing today to open my m+ chest and boom 300 Echos which seems to go aginst what should happen ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

My main is the only character with rank 3 essences.

Quote Originally Posted by Bocek View Post
    The odd thing is I logged on my main first thing today to open my m+ chest and boom 300 Echos which seems to go aginst what should happen ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

My main is the only character with rank 3 essences.
    Does your main have other roles, that you don't play and thus don't have the essences for? The Mechagon and Nazjatar essences only require 1 of the three possible essences to unlock all three for currency, so it may be giving you currency for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !