10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Just felt like I had to post this here

"DeMs UsInG ThE CoRoNaViRuS to AttAcK TrUmP iS SiLly " ( Even tho thats all dems are talking about right now )

Heres some facts for you :

President Trump :
    COVID-19 Coronavirus
    US cases to date : 15,219
    US deaths to date : 203
    Panic level : Mass hysteria

President Obama
    H1N1
    US cases peak at time : 60.8 MILLION
    US deaths peak at time : 12,469
    Panic level : 0 panic/Nobody cares

Logic? Good ole left-wing controlled media never fails.

BTW thanks Dems for blocking stage 3 so millions of people in us cant pay anything. how do you people justify it I don't know...
    I’d like to nominate this post for “Post that aged the worst of 2020”
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post

Hours employees are absolutely covered by unemployment. Gig workers...uncertain, since they are composed of people who may or may not get a "paycheck" - unemployment is old fashioned, still, and require some solid proof of employment - although those requirements are pretty broad. "Did you get paid" - sign up.
    "Gig" workers all comes down to if their employer pays employment tax or if they file quarterly payments of employment taxes themselves because they are independent contractors.

All your uber types whom are paid via 1099 instead of employee based w2's have to file taxes and pay employment taxes quarterly (they can choose to do it more often).

But its on actual earned income.

A lot of these "gig" jobs have huge write offs like Mileage for Uber and because its a single mileage rate for Trucks and Cars of .58 cents a mile a lot of times their effective income ends up being ZERO.

The person I know who delivers news papers grosses 1500 every two weeks, but does 130 miles a day. 39k gross but a 27k mileage write off before any other "business expenses" that comes with the job. Then your normal write offs.
    He never has gross income over 4k a year by the time he is done. That is with no house and no kids as write off (Ex gets them).

But he is screwed since with hardly any gross income he doesn't have to pay quarterly and has next to zero employment tax liability so he would get next to nothing in unemployment.

I bet most uber type drivers do not even pay employment taxes.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I mean, considering that his "facts" were quite literally already off by more than double the amount at the time of his posting...

It doesn't even need the whole year; I'd call it the post that aged the worst this hour.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

BTW thanks Dems for blocking stage 3 so millions of people in us cant pay anything. how do you people justify it I don't know...
    Almost like the deaths aren't the primary problem, but both the economic impacts of the virus being worse if we don't address it, especially with the further risk of spread, and the fact that the bigger danger is overwhelming the health care industry.

This is a shockingly narrowminded point of view.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    It already hasn't aged well. The death count is under half.

If you have to lie to make a political point, you should reconsider the point. For example:

Hey, did you know Obama raised the minimum wage to $25/hour? Under Trump, it's $7.15! What an asshole!
    Yeah, see? First half is a complete fabrication. Completely undermines the second half being true. Lying

People should not come here and intentionally post false information, especially about a disease that's killing thousands. That's dangerous.

LOL, the Bill they blocked was going to send most of that money to corporations and bankers/debt holders.

So them "screwing" you in the end might get you more money.

if you can't get death number right with it plastered on every web site in the world, I guess how could we expect you to know what was in the senate bill.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Just felt like I had to post this here

"DeMs UsInG ThE CoRoNaViRuS to AttAcK TrUmP iS SiLly " ( Even tho thats all dems are talking about right now )

Heres some facts for you :

President Trump :
    COVID-19 Coronavirus
    US cases to date : 15,219
    US deaths to date : 203
    Panic level : Mass hysteria

President Obama
    H1N1
    US cases peak at time : 60.8 MILLION
    US deaths peak at time : 12,469
    Panic level : 0 panic/Nobody cares

Look mate. Be honest.

Even a 8rd old understand a little fire's problem is that it grows so why don't you take your "Not so dangerous" facade out and explicitly say what you really want to say?

"I don't care if millions die as long as my work is not at risk".

It would still makes you look like a horrible person but at least not a giant coward.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Trump has tried and is trying to do that same thing, by blaming previous administrations, democrats, and many others. Not seeing you have a problem with that.
    Trump is incompetent and can be voted out. You are still getting media coverage right now about the corona virus and articles aren't being taken down from the internet by Trump and whistleblower doctors that raised a red flag aren't being censored and forced to make an announcement that Covid-19 isn't actually a big deal (what China did). There is no comparison here. Trump is an incompetent idiot, but he STILL doesn't compare to the authoritarian communist party of China. Trump is still just one person and the CDC can operate without Trump. In the US, the states have a lot of power. New York could have shut things down earlier for example. Trump will definetely be blamed for Boomers and millenials thinking this virus is no big deal, but besides that congress and the states basically did nothing during january or february about this. All repub Congress did was sell off their stock apparently. The entire country isn't solely run by Trump. There is more than enough blame to go around.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-03-23 at 04:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Trump is an incompetent idiot, but he STILL doesn't compare to the authoritarian communist party of China.
    That doesn't sound like "Trump intentionally told lie after lie after dangerous lie to the American people, and I denounce that" to me. By my count, that's at least five times you've defended Trump as being only "incompetent". I've asked you multiple times, and you refuse. That's sending an increasingly strong message. Why aren't you willing to say "Trump lied" and more importantly, why aren't you willing to say "Trump lied and that was wrong"?

Trump is an incompetent idiot, but he STILL doesn't compare to the authoritarian communist party of China.
    You're right. China recognized there was a problem and took measures, albeit draconian ones, to fix it. Trump seems to think he can make it go away by simply insisting it's not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    That doesn't sound like "Trump intentionally told lie after lie after dangerous lie to the American people, and I denounce that" to me. By my count, that's at least five times you've defended Trump as being only "incompetent". I've asked you multiple times, and you refuse. That's sending an increasingly strong message. Why aren't you willing to say "Trump lied" and more importantly, why aren't you willing to say "Trump lied and that was wrong"?
    "Trump lied and that's wrong."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    You're right. China recognized there was a problem and took measures, albeit draconian ones, to fix it. Trump seems to think he can make it go away by simply insisting it's not a problem.
    You are completely ignoring what China did during December / early January. Stop defending china.

10+ Year Old Account
    WHO says the pandemic is accelerating.

They also basically asked for China and Trump to stop squabbling like mewling babies.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you. Close enough.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

You are completely ignoring what China did during December / early January.
    On which part please did he lie and it's wrong. I want to see where the line is for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

WHO says the pandemic is accelerating.

They also basically asked for China and Trump to stop squabbling like mewling babies.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you. Close enough.
    Part of the problem is China didn't allow CDC / WHO doctors in to do tests. The entire international response was delayed thanks to China's policies. They also kicked out all journalists. It's criminal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    On which part please did he lie and it's wrong. I want to see where the line is for you.
    I can pull up the reddit post that lists all the times Trump lied in front of the American people with a timeline dating back to January. That still doesn't compare to what China did. Again, Trump is a disaster for American / western society standards but we can still hold him accountable for it. Ji Ping Pong? He is accountable to no one and is dictator for life.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-03-23 at 05:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Part of the problem is China didn't allow CDC / WHO doctors in to do tests. .
    Yes, it's a lot like having only a small supply of tests, some of which turned out to be defective, because you dismantled the CDC's response team.

Or refusing to take in infected ships because you don't want the numbers to go up.

Or of course

It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s — going to be just fine.
    Yes, there were a lot of things people did early on that made things far worse than better.

Yes, it's a lot like having only a small supply of tests, some of which turned out to be defective, because you dismantled the CDC's response team.

Or refusing to take in infected ships because you don't want the numbers to go up.

Or of course

Yes, there were a lot of things people did early on that made things far worse than better.
    It looks like you live in New York. Why didn't Cuomo and Blassio shut down the schools and offices sooner? Why didn't Congress prepare a bill back in January and do research on a virus spreading throughout China? Again, the country has a system of balances and levels of power. The incompetence is shared by many people and levels of government.

H1N1 is small potatoes compared to COVID19...

The reproductive number (r0) for H1N1 was 1.4-1.6. COVID19 is sitting at around 2.2... When you think about the difference between the two... we could be looking at around 50-75% of the population infected by August 1st.

It looks like you live in New York. Why didn't Cuomo and Blassio shut down the schools and offices sooner?
    Because we didn't and still don't have working tests, we are still all guessing and going blind because some idiot named Donald Trump turned down the WHO tests.
    Last edited by Draco-Onis; 2020-03-23 at 05:16 PM.

It already hasn't aged well. The death count is under half.

If you have to lie to make a political point, you should reconsider the point. For example:

Yeah, see? First half is a complete fabrication. Completely undermines the second half being true. Lying

People should not come here and intentionally post false information, especially about a disease that's killing thousands. That's dangerous.
    It's all they got. It's happened because they are so bought and sold on him being thier savior and since the savior isn't saving they have to create a separate reality where he is and the Chinese and Democrats are to blame for all this.

That is where they are now and I doubt much can ever bring them back.

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks like you live in New York. Why didn't Cuomo and Blassio shut down the schools and offices sooner? Why didn't Congress prepare a bill back in january and do research on a virus spreading throughout China?
    First of all, I think you forgot what the Executive Branch does. For example, it runs FEMA. And the CDC. And HHS. And the military. Perhaps a little more effort into how the US govt would be in order?

Second of all, glad you asked. The coronavirus was first detected in NYState in March 2nd. De Biasco announced state of emergency March 13th. Cuomo declared March 7th. Wanna see the video?

Five days. Five. As in "you can count the number of days on your fingers and still jerk off at the same time". Oh, hey, here's Cuomo mobilizing the National Guard March 10th. Eight days later.

*cracks knuckles*

Your turn.

How many days, after the first US case (or death, you can use "death" if you want, it's dishonest but it'll make your numbers look better) before
    1) Trump declared a national emergency?
    2) Trump mobilized the National Guard?

You want to put Trump's actions head-to-head with New York? Go for it. Put up the relevant information. Put it side by side. Let's count 'em down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    The reproductive number (r0) for H1N1 was 1.4-1.6. COVID19 is sitting at around 2.2... When you think about the difference between the two... we could be looking at around 50-75% of the population infected by August 1st.
    If we all act responsibly.

Which requires useful directions based on accurate information.

It does not involve overruling your health experts, "just one person from China, we'll be fine" or posting fake death numbers.