Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    So, this is one for the record books.

We're all familiar with a running tally on the Team Deplorable's statements and actions. I've been posting highlighted accounts of the Orange Turd's above-and-beyond-deplorable statements and actions, but we have a new, VERY clear winner.

Trump says Republicans are kept out of office when voting is made easier.

From the article (please note the part that is a direct quote of Trump):

There you have it folks. In case anyone was unclear about the utter deplorableness of the GOP and their assault on democracy. It's official now. The GOP hates it when more people are allowed to vote.
    McConnell pretty much said the same thing early last year when he called a Democrat plan to make voting a national holiday a power grab.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/31/u...mcconnell.html

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    There is.

It's the federal government.

Normally, during a crisis like that they'd be filling the role they're supposed to: Acting as the centralized logistics manager on behalf of all the states. They have more purchasing power, more contacts, and more information than any individual state does and should be the ones making sure states are getting what they need based on the severity of the situation within each state.

This is just Trump and his administration not wanting to actually do that work, so they're leaving the states to compete against each other, and the federal government, leading to...well...this.
    I think I posted this before but amazing our Orange Idiot decided this was the time to be a Federalist. Yes, lets empower the stated on a pandemic that can spread across state borders and affect our nation's economy.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    I wonder if this administration will ever get down to investigating regional gas price gouging?

normally gas sells for about 1.22-1.66x times the spot price of Gasoline on the open market

1/3 for instance it was 1.46
    2/3 - 1.66

But then the virus hit, the oil war hit...poof...

3/3- 1.58
    3/16- 3.18
    3/30- 3.73

Some parts of the country have seen gas prices nearing 1.25 and some regions are still above 2.00+

Even when you factor in gas tax differences the totals are still 2.5-3.5x the spot price of gasoline in some regions of this country.
    Also of note on that front is that it's not like it must be that way everywhere because of some factor that isn't coming into play here. I just check Gas Buddy and there are a couple place in my decent sized Midwestern city as low as $1.25. Granted those are outliers, but basically everywhere is $1.50. I'd be very interested in hearing the justification for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp, per John Hopkins, and other news sources, the US has officially passed 3000 deaths to COVID-19 earlier tonight.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Also of note on that front is that it's not like it must be that way everywhere because of some factor that isn't coming into play here. I just check Gas Buddy and there are a couple place in my decent sized Midwestern city as low as $1.25. Granted those are outliers, but basically everywhere is $1.50. I'd be very interested in hearing the justification for that.
    give me the location of the pumps and i will check the price on 1/3, 2/3 etc etc and see if 1.25 is great or.....?

you have to remember that your starting point will not be almost 3.00 a gallon if you are now at 1.25

Take one of the cheaper parts
    OK city.

1/3- 2.16 / 1.75 - 1.23
    2/3- 2.05 / 1.47 - 1.39

3/3- 2.04 / 1.53 - 1.33
    3/16- 1.70 / .69 - 2.46
    3/30 - 1.41 / .58 - 2.43

Not as bad as the new england states but still 243% mark up. Way above the historical range by double.

we should have seen that ratio drop after 15 days not get larger or even stay the same.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Welp, per John Hopkins, and other news sources, the US has officially passed 3000 deaths to COVID-19 earlier tonight.
    3,040 at time of writing. As a reminder,

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Well, the new count is 2,509.
    That was 24 hours ago. +500 deaths is bad. +20% is actually slightly worse than the previous days, too, but in line with the last week's average.

I really want that percent to go down. I want proof we've passed the inflection point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    3,040 at time of writing. As a reminder,

That was 24 hours ago. +500 deaths is bad. +20% is actually slightly worse than the previous days, too, but in line with the last week's average.

I really want that percent to go down. I want proof we've passed the inflection point.
    Unfortunately, that isn't likely to happen for a while now. Especially with a good chunk of the country refusing to take this seriously because it hasn't hurt them yet and they are also convinced it's all a massive plot meant to hurt Trump and is being overhyped by Trumps 'enemies'.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

I am approximately 1,000,000 per cent certain that Trump Googled "Seoul" specifically to make this observation and then confused Seoul's elevation for its population https://t.co/QcUv8mYi4n
    https://twitter.com/ianjamesyoung70/...834506240?s=19

Umm this seems legit. In the link below it says, Elevation: 38m (meters).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seoul

Trump just said Seoul has a population of 38 million people.

There are only 9 million people in Seoul, and just 51 million in all of South Korea.
    https://twitter.com/KevinMKruse/stat...229352961?s=19
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Umm this seems legit.
    Trump is a long-time NYC resident. He knows full well NYC is huge, "one of the largest cities on Earth" huge, but not 38,000,000 people huge. He claimed something was twice the size it was, but it was really half as big. Not the first time -- the deficit, how much money he has, things he says when signing a $130,000 check, etc.

By the way, for context, he said it to a room filled with reporters challenging his coronavirus numbers. And he answered the question, with a bad number. I'd be willing to bet every single reporter and 90% of the SS in the room knew Seoul was nowhere near 38 million people.

There is only one city on Earth that could be 38,000,000 people, and that's Tokyo, again, with a generous viewpoint of the metropolitan area.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, CNN's Acosta was there too, and he read Trump's own words back in his face.

Trump claimed that everything he said, such as "under control", was true.

100 people were added to the US death count in the last hour.

Just want to let you guys know that this will likely be the next sack of lying shit talking points from our resident Trumpsters:

"McConnell Blames Impeachment For Trump Admin’s Slow Response To Coronavirus"

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/m...se-coronavirus
    Last edited by Levelfive; 2020-03-31 at 03:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    McConnell is truly a vile human with no soul.

It's a nonsense statement since the administration ordered everyone to not comply with impeachment requests. But that won't stop the mindless Trump supports from regurgitating that in about 12-24 hours.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    McConnell is truly a vile human with no soul.

It's a nonsense statement since the administration ordered everyone to not comply with impeachment requests. But that won't stop the mindless Trump supports from regurgitating that in about 12-24 hours.
    They have no fucking shame. No. Fucking. Shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    They have no fucking shame. No. Fucking. Shame.
    Anything to deflect and distract.
    Forum badass alert:

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    So taking advantage of the distraction, the Trump administration has made the move they have been threatening for 3 years now.

They just gutted the Obama Era vehicle emission standards.

So that is fun. It isn't like clean air is something that benefits everyone. It is also worth noting that Ford, Honda, BMW and Volkswagen have all loudly lobbied against gutting these regulations, because they say the regulations are totally achievable, and they don't want to have to compete with people making dirtier cars then theirs.

So I am really unclear who this is actually supposed to benefit. This seems like one of those things they did just because it is evil, and doing evil things makes them giggle.

Just want to let you guys know that this will likely be the next sack of lying shit talking points from our resident Trumpsters:

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    So taking advantage of the distraction, the Trump administration has made the move they have been threatening for 3 years now.

So that is fun. It isn't like clean air is something that benefits everyone. It is also worth noting that Ford, Honda, BMW and Volkswagen have all loudly lobbied against gutting these regulations, because they say the regulations are totally achievable, and they don't want to have to compete with people making dirtier cars then theirs.

So I am really unclear who this is actually supposed to benefit. This seems like one of those things they did just because it is evil, and doing evil things makes them giggle.
    Party of deplorables. No other explanation needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I am really unclear who this is actually supposed to benefit.
    The GOP politicians. Because their base only things of "regulation = bad" and has no ability to critically think about regulations individually. So they get to brag about cutting regulation and their base will love them for it. The actual benefit or harm of the regulation is irrelevant.
    Forum badass alert:

Well of course. They need the blame game, a talking point and yes the Trumpkins will eat it up. Has this been a large push by right wind media? I have seen this a few times pop up, so maybe they are not all on the same page (yet).

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-s...-idUSKBN21I1L7

And the US has failed to arrive at a cost sharing agreement in South Korea in time, so thousands of Korean employees supporting our efforts there are on unpaid leave.

Because I guess it wasn't enough for millions of Americans to go on unpaid leave, we have to do it to other countries, too.

So, $2 trillion more now for infrastructure. Not criticizing it, it's just that we sure are spending. I know fiscal conservatism died a cartoon death years ago, but these kinds of spending numbers make me grimace.

Of course volkswagen can meet them. They just cheat the emissions tests!