Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Un-pruning and Demonhunters

So from what they have said so far we are going to get some massive un-pruning of abilities. They even question if they over did it in some cases.
    This brings me to the question, what on earth have they done with demonhunters? A class that had very few abilities to begin with and has no distant past to bring abilities back from. Are we going to see new abilities and how many?

Only thing I can think of is maybe mana burn abilities far as demonhunter stuff goes. Anyone got any idea or speculations?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noan View Post
    They could unprune DH`s third spec.
    I liked what this person said from another thread.

In all honesty though, why fix something that isn't broke? I'm fine with the way DHs are now.
    "We learn from history, that we learn nothing from history." - George B. Shaw

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xosimos View Post

In all honesty though, why fix something that isn't broke? I'm fine with the way DHs are now.
    This^
    But nah, third spec, while i agree it would be nice, i dont know what they could have that wouldnt just feel lame as shit and go against their lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

7+ Year Old Account
    I want fury of the illidari back.

Just hoping they reduce Havoc mobility and self-healing!

10+ Year Old Account
    the DH at best will just get a couple of new spells. it will be a class that is barely given much attention at all. some tuning.. a new whizzy bang spell or 2.. thats about it.

and all because of what you've already mentioned, this class doesnt have a playable past in which spells were removed. so there is nothing to bring back.

i personally hate the DH class and wish it was never created.. but thats just my opinion. realistically, this class will only get a minor change by adding just a couple of new things.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    This^
    But nah, third spec, while i agree it would be nice, i dont know what they could have that wouldnt just feel lame as shit and go against their lore.
    Healing with Fel is possible. Warlock wouldn't do that, as he doesn't care about his allies but demon hunters are noble people.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

They will probably steal some of the warlock abilities again and call it unpruning

This^
    Agree - both specs seem to enjoy a decent amount of popularity at various levels of skill in various game modes. I havnt seen an idea for a 3rd spec that fits and doesnt feel forced and awkward, or just lean too heavily on other specs.

How is ranged spec more agaisnt the lore then tanking spec ? I thought all demonhunters before Legion were Havoc just as Illidan. That "brute" Metamorphosis was made out for Legion aswell no ?

10+ Year Old Account
    DH has a lot of cool active abilities in talents and honor talents, they just have to balance them to not be shit.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamdaddy View Post
    Taking away mobility of DH would destroy any class fantasy. It's like taking stealth away from rogues

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McPrask View Post
    How is ranged spec more agaisnt the lore then tanking spec ? I thought all demonhunters before Legion were Havoc just as Illidan. That "brute" Metamorphosis was made out for Legion aswell no ?
    Ranged DH is called destro warlock. Physical dmg DH..? I Wardern would make more sense in that regard, maybe they could let you choose if to join wardens if you separate from Ilidan or As Sargeras is now locked, they could join wardens? IDK. Would require a significant questline to unlock it, but could possibly be cool.

You want them to turn a mobile glass cannon into a sluggish glass window?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cago View Post
    They will probably steal some of the warlock abilities again and call it unpruning
    What warlock abilities did they steal?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Healing with Fel is possible. Warlock wouldn't do that, as he doesn't care about his allies but demon hunters are noble people.
    Healing with tel is not really possible. It only really works on corrupted. And in itself corrupts.
    A fel healing class just would be massively lore breaking.
    Death knights unholy magic can heal. Why can't they heal allies?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Because the class literally is broken since BfA and pöaxs like trash?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    DH has a lot of cool active abilities in talents and honor talents, they just have to balance them to not be shit.
    And move them from honor talents to actual talents

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Because the class literally is broken since BfA and pöaxs like trash?
    Are we just supposed to divine what you mean by broken? And what on earth is "pöaxs" supposed to mean?

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've always felt like my Vengeance DH had too few abilities.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

That's probably the main reason why they aren't touching DH much at all. Plus, we have barely any knowledge of what systems will be in play (systems like essences, azerite traits, tier set bonuses, etc.) that will alter how many classes will pan out. While essences/azerite makes DH's feel great, DH's are pretty darn solid even w/o the traits in terms of play style where there's a ton of classes/specs that feel terrible when you take those aspects away. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

...although when I'm PvPing against a DH, the amount of self-healing and survival w/o sacrificing any DPS does feel pretty OP. That could probably get toned back a bit in PvP.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

10+ Year Old Account
    This^
    Warlocks got an entire spec's playstyle removed with the advent of Demon Hunters. Just make old Demonlogy with old Metamorphasis Demon Hunter's 3rd spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes let’s reduce stuff cause that always makes games more fun.