Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No no Taelia is Bolvar's daughter without a doubt. Its the mother thats in question. Which speaking of...she hasn't popped up in Datamining yet. I hope Daughter and Father do meet at some point, granted it'll be awkward.

"DAD YOU WERE THE LICH KING?"

"..............................Yes"
    The ending after you defeat N'zoth for Alliance has a semi-hidden interraction where Jaina talks to Anduin and heavily foreshadows what i assume will be a story for the pre-patch, where And uin finally has to admit to Taelia that Bolvar is still somewhat alive as the Lich King, which at that point he has yet to do.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    What has the last page been...

I just think the whole Bolvar and Calia being together might be a stretch but not because genetics mostly cause Bolvar was considered a Knight or something bigger then a footman(If I recall what Calia said about her former husband). Again that doesn't mean it won't happen. It would just make some good character moments between Bolvar, Taelia and Calia.
    It would definitely require a bit of stretching of credibility, presumably you would either have to assume that Varian knows Bolvar from when he was a footman, or more likely that Calia lied about Bolvar being a footman back then, which wouldnt be completely out of the question.
    I don't know if there is previous lore on Bolvars history prior to the plagueing of Lordaeron, but that would possibly have to be slightly retconned so he could both be a nobleman with Varian as well as being in contact with Calia in hiding.

It isnt exactly the most consistent writing, but considering that the entire reason to have it would be to create an interesting storyline for Taelia as the last remaining royal of Lordaeron who additionally might be having a thing for Anduin it works.

And as I mentioned above, it isnt that far fetched compared to Luke being the hidden son of Darth Vader and a high-ranking politician of the former republic, as well as the twin brother of Leia who he just happened to chance upon by a string of increasingly contrived coincidences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It would definitely require a bit of stretching of credibility, presumably you would either have to assume that Varian knows Bolvar from when he was a footman, or more likely that Calia lied about Bolvar being a footman back then, which wouldnt be completely out of the question.
    I don't know if there is previous lore on Bolvars history prior to the plagueing of Lordaeron, but that would possibly have to be slightly retconned so he could both be a nobleman with Varian as well as being in contact with Calia in hiding.

It isnt exactly the most consistent writing, but considering that the entire reason to have it would be to create an interesting storyline for Taelia as the last remaining royal of Lordaeron who additionally might be having a thing for Anduin it works.

And as I mentioned above, it isnt that far fetched compared to Luke being the hidden son of Darth Vader and a high-ranking politician of the former republic, as well as the twin brother of Leia who he just happened to chance upon by a string of increasingly contrived coincidences.
    That Starwars one works because of how it was planned out ahead of time. When that BFA novel came out(Or rather before BFA came out) they had to know they were putting Bolvar and Calia together or at least they had to know who the father of Taelia was as well as the mother. If they didn't....it feels kinda hard to swallow that Callia is the mother.

That said the contrast between Bolvar and Callia is definitely nice. Bolvar is burnt and is/was the Lich King(Dark) and Calia got turned into a Undead/Forsaken thats risen by the Light(Light).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

That Starwars one works because of how it was planned out ahead of time. When that BFA novel came out(Or rather before BFA came out) they had to know they were putting Bolvar and Calia together or at least they had to know who the father of Taelia was as well as the mother. If they didn't....it feels kinda hard to swallow that Callia is the mother.

That said the contrast between Bolvar and Callia is definitely nice. Bolvar is burnt and is/was the Lich King(Dark) and Calia got turned into a Undead/Forsaken thats risen by the Light(Light).
    Star Wars was in fact not that well planned out. The first movie was made with no real idea of the next one revealing Darth Vader being Luke's father. Yes, teh twist works, but it wasn't the original plan. Same with Leia being Lukes twin, originall she was just supposed to be force sensitive, the decision to make them twins was made for the last movie.
    Now, it is true that the only twist that truly contradicted the lore was Darth Vader being Lukes father, and Leia and Luke being related was only weird considering the love triangle in the previous movie, but i don't think that anyone comes to WoW expecting stellar consistency anyways, the game retcons itself each expansion it seems.

The whole "but why did Calia never say anything" part has been a plot hole in itself for a while. The human kingdoms have mostly assimilated into stormwind, no matter if she knew Bolvar or not, she chose to hide anyway. We also know very little about Bolvar's story pre-WoW. I mean even Taelia herself didn't know Bolvar was the interim leader of Stormwind for a while, she described him as a knight that fell duing the assault on the lich king. That alone is already an unbelievable amount of "totes didn't know he was a hero of the alliance" right out of the gate. The Fordragon name isn't exactly common by what we've seen so far in WoW.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Star Wars was in fact not that well planned out. The first movie was made with no real idea of the next one revealing Darth Vader being Luke's father. Yes, teh twist works, but it wasn't the original plan. Same with Leia being Lukes twin, originall she was just supposed to be force sensitive, the decision to make them twins was made for the last movie.
    Now, it is true that the only twist that truly contradicted the lore was Darth Vader being Lukes father, and Leia and Luke being related was only weird considering the love triangle in the previous movie, but i don't think that anyone comes to WoW expecting stellar consistency anyways, the game retcons itself each expansion it seems.
    It kinda was though, at least behind the scenes it was(Even 1 2 and 3 were already getting worked on before 56 ended up on film or released). My point is, Blizzard had to have decided Bolvar and Callia were a couple by the time they were making the Pre BFA novel a thing, especially if they were doing concept work on Shadowlands.

Thats what I'm thinking.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I wish there was a video of exploration instead of just images. Hard to get a feel for scale with just images.
    Eh, even flythroughs can be misleading, understating the scale, as you're not seeing things from the angle you'd see them ingame (well, until flying is available)

At some point he went a bit too crazy with his powers over the Shadowlands and somehow intended to kill absolutely everything ever, necessitating the Arbiter overthrowing him and taking his place to ensure a continued balance.
    That's the only theory involving the 'heart' I'm accepting for now, everything else is too much of a conspiracy theory.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    "Dad, do you smell burnt toast?"
    ". . . . yes"

"Dad, is it true that Alexstrasza is really hot?"
    ". . . . yes"
    I believe that last one should involve slowly putting his face into his palm before answering.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Calia wasn't in Wrath =O She was sort of once referenced as having survived the fall of Lordaeron but she was never actually confirmed or introduced until Legion
    Wait what? I remember her being in that first Inn in Howling Fjord for Alliance. Unless I'm misremembering..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Wait what? I remember her being in that first Inn in Howling Fjord for Alliance. Unless I'm misremembering..
    You are misremembering.

Calia never appeared anywhere until legion.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking over wowpedia, the only other "Callia" in the game was "Calia Hastings" in Theramore, who is confirmed to not have been the same person. I'm not sure who you're thinking of
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

I don't think that was even intended to be the Calia we already knew, several characters can easily have the same name, and given Calia was assumed to eb dead some of the writers might have simply decided to reuse the name since so few people would actually recognize it.

She was mentioned in the novel. At least her wowpedia page doesn't mention anything in regards to Wrath.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Calia_Menethil
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    This non-canon piece was the only reference to her after the fall of Lordaeron until she showed up in Legion:

The release of the RPG Horde Player's Guide subtly implied a different plotline for Calia. In one of the many short stories, a paladin by the name of Andarin tries to infiltrate the Undercity to free prisoners. To his shame, he is quickly discovered by a fallen priest named Trevor. The undead makes him "an offer he can't refuse": in turn for helping him, Andarin must help Trevor free some of the Argent Dawn's prisoners. The paladin ponders the situation but finally agrees, together they descend into the city. After having fought some guards and abominations, the strange duo decides that fighting the prison guards will not work and comes up with a plan: Andarin will distract the guards while Trevor will free the prisoners. Knowing that he has no other choice, the paladin agrees. Trevor quickly manages to get a hold of a keyring and opens the door of a cell in which a girl was locked up. The girl recognizes the Forsaken and is shocked, but Trevor simply bows, saying "Good evening, my princess."

The background of Trevor showed some similarities with the one Alonsus Faol himself was later given at the time of Legion.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Calia_Mene...rsaken_captive
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

What has this thread become?

7+ Year Old Account
    Dang my mind suffers from old age..... D :

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I do wonder though, will Taelia (and Anduin) just show up for the drama in Bolvar's story or will they advance the storyline actively?
    And yeah, I want Anduin to interact with Bolvar. He has a far more meaningful relation with him than Taelia does.
    Anduin in Maw, Jaina, Genn, Baine Thrall and Lor'themar all leaders

The more I think about it, the more I think Anduin may actually be in the Maw. If only because Thrall is very likely to be there.

At the same time it might just be Thrall and Jaina as the big heroes with Tyrande and... someone else on Horde. Maybe they're just counting Vol'jin?

I can see them having Anduin sitting it out because people need a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    The more I think about it, the more I think Anduin may actually be in the Maw. If only because Thrall is very likely to be there.

At the same time it might just be Thrall and Jaina as the big heroes with Tyrande and... someone else on Horde. Maybe they're just counting Vol'jin?

I can see them having Anduin sitting it out because people need a break.
    Anduin barely has any screentime as is. People talk about him way more than you actually get to see him.

But yeah, if he's there at all, he's in the Maw, at least at the start. Just like everybody else.