7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    doesnt really prove that much tho, when everywhere else in the torghast mechanics leaked so far, he is always called THE JAILER. Why would they call him the Jailer in all mechanics except one, where they use his real name. Doesnt really make sense
    There are anima powers named after him.
    And no shit all mechanics refer to him as "The Jailer", when he is "The Jailer".
    He just has an actual name now too.

And the jailers eye mechanic is the actual jailer, THE jailer, fixating on you, as per Blizzards own words.
    So yes, it is him.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Clearly you've never played any kind of RPG or MMO. You can't be best at everything. Please stop having silly opinions, and your whole stance is disingenuous - you aren't picking where you're bad, you're picking what you excel at. With such a shit attitude you're always going to be mad

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think it matters - Blizz have said they want it to be fun, you don't really get gear from there just cosmetics and the legendaries (which seem much more acquirable from what they're suggesting) - there will obviously be better specs for it - just like visions - but who really cares, everyone can do it
    I have played since the launch of BGs. That's when I finally had enough money saved up for my own shitty PC that ran at like 5FPS in Ironforge. (if I was lucky)
    The point is that Blizzard has been steering away from a design where you pick where you excel at. Everything can be changed at will nowadays with a few clicks of a button and some very cheap reagents that allow you to play BGs/Arena/M+/Raiding/etc.

And Blizzard suddenly wants to do a 180 and go back to that? Sorry, too little too late.
    The game has changed, and the community along with it.
    And yes, it IS gimping yourself. Sorry, but that's simply how it is. If you pick the AoE Covenant you gimp your single target. If you pick the single target Covenant you are gimping your AoE. That's just how it is.

The only solace I take from this entire situation is that I know 100% sure that if this system goes live as is, the various forums around the web that are dedicated to WoW will be filled with whiny posts from people crying that their Kyrian Pally got refused for a HC raid, or how their Venthyr Hunter can't get into an M+ run above +7.
    And I will sit there, and I will laugh at them. Because all you had to do, is to listen. But you refused, and decided to regurgiate Ion's opinion about "muh RPG"

So you will get what you fucking deserve. A shitty and broken system that is going to be a balancing nightmare. Covenants will be nerfed. People will cry because they will have to regrind a new Covenant. Other Covevants will be buffed, and the same will happen. Some combination is going to be hilariously broken in PvP and then get nerfed and affect PvE because it also happened to be a good Covenant in PvE.

It's Azerite all over again. I can't wait for Ion to go "So, we didn't like how Covenants turned out" in a Dev stream.
    It's going to be hilarious. That's what you get for not listening
    Yohohoho

You know, even if I *liked* Torghast, I don't understand why I would ever play it. I mean, D3 rifts are better in every way. Perhaps most importantly, rifts in D3 have vastly superior graphics. D3 rifts just *look* so much better that it would feel like a huge step back to run something similar to rifts in WoW.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    You know, even if I *liked* Torghast, I don't understand why I would ever play it. I mean, D3 rifts are better in every way. Perhaps most importantly, rifts in D3 have vastly superior graphics. D3 rifts just *look* so much better that it would feel like a huge step back to run something similar to rifts in WoW.
    because of legendaries ofc.

It also seems to me that, if Blizz *does* limit the number of runs you can do, it might be critical to get into the alpha or the beta to get unlimited practice in so you can better run Torghast when 9.0 is released.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Literally the only thing rifts and torghast have in common are the random maps.

Formerly known as Arafal

Something doesn't seem right here...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh2 View Post
    I have played since the launch of BGs. That's when I finally had enough money saved up for my own shitty PC that ran at like 5FPS in Ironforge. (if I was lucky)
    The point is that Blizzard has been steering away from a design where you pick where you excel at. Everything can be changed at will nowadays with a few clicks of a button and some very cheap reagents that allow you to play BGs/Arena/M+/Raiding/etc.

And Blizzard suddenly wants to do a 180 and go back to that? Sorry, too little too late.
    The game has changed, and the community along with it.
    And yes, it IS gimping yourself. Sorry, but that's simply how it is. If you pick the AoE Covenant you gimp your single target. If you pick the single target Covenant you are gimping your AoE. That's just how it is.

The only solace I take from this entire situation is that I know 100% sure that if this system goes live as is, the various forums around the web that are dedicated to WoW will be filled with whiny posts from people crying that their Kyrian Pally got refused for a HC raid, or how their Venthyr Hunter can't get into an M+ run above +7.
    And I will sit there, and I will laugh at them. Because all you had to do, is to listen. But you refused, and decided to regurgiate Ion's opinion about "muh RPG"

So you will get what you fucking deserve. A shitty and broken system that is going to be a balancing nightmare. Covenants will be nerfed. People will cry because they will have to regrind a new Covenant. Other Covevants will be buffed, and the same will happen. Some combination is going to be hilariously broken in PvP and then get nerfed and affect PvE because it also happened to be a good Covenant in PvE.

It's Azerite all over again. I can't wait for Ion to go "So, we didn't like how Covenants turned out" in a Dev stream.
    It's going to be hilarious. That's what you get for not listening
    So angry over needing so many crutches to excel in content.

No one checks for which essences/corruption you got for HC raids, and +7 m+ are for baby gear at this point. Again, no one gives a shit to ask for essences/corruptions.

It'll be the same in Shadowlands.

Also I see you're still focusing on one single ability when so many gameplay changing effects are tied to covenants: Soulbinds, Legendaries, Torghast ability upgrades, Conduits, Covenant ability morphs.

Cosmetics are such a small part of the package in light of all those things, and so is the single ability itself. Plus with people testing the alpha right now it's quite clear you don't even need the abilities themselves to complete the content or feel like your class is "incomplete" without a specific covenant ability. They already don't look game-breaking.

And in the cases where items/abilities have been broken it wasn't because Blizzard had no idea how to balance it, it's because they intentionally either didn't want to upset whatever meta was already in place or just didn't give a shit anymore (end of expansion patches), or they liked one or two items being very OP for their effects (Azshara Font of Power/Mechagon bracers). Such as they said so with bringing corruptions in line but not wanting to upset their tiers (aka they brought down IS/EV/TD down some notches but still wanted those particular corruptions to remain in their #1 spots).

Covenant ability balance doesn't seem to fall anywhere into the above paragraph as they will be lasting the entire expansion and their entire goal for these Covenants is that people pick what they want. With only the most min/max people switching to whatever the fuck to maintain fotm status, just like the vast majority of the community doesn't change their race for specific racials.

People who want what you want are in such a vast vocal minority that far more the community are in favor of keeping the abilities distinct and extremely flavorful to their Covenants.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post

ears so big she can hear colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    It also seems to me that, if Blizz *does* limit the number of runs you can do, it might be critical to get into the alpha or the beta to get unlimited practice in so you can better run Torghast when 9.0 is released.
    I can't imagine actually thinking this way about WoW, if you're being serious. Literally wanting beta so you can play the shit out of the game before it's even released so you're better at it when the real game comes around. Sounds absolutely awful.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    How the FUCK are the scarlett Crusade still alive?!

Classic: Raided thier monastery
    Wrath: Killed their Northend Expedition
    Cata: Raided the monastery again. Also that dreadlord killed them all.
    Panda: Raided the monastery again again
    Legion: DK raided the monastery
    I believe the idea is there were people secretly inducted into the Scarlet Crusade who then relocated to Stormwind when Lordaeron fell. A Scarlet Crusade cell within Stormwind. I mean, among other story threads abandoned after Legion we also have a "reformed" cell of living Crusaders from the Priest Order Hall questline.

Though personally since we see Undead Scarlet Crusaders numerous times I thought they could have made a possible allied race. Forsaken Paladins.

i very much worry the "influencer" driven feedback will end up ruining the xpac i think blizzard decided "if we just do everything the popular guys tell us to theyre fans wont complain about the game as much and we'll do better" or something.

they already got AP removed, WQs changed

now they say

they want covanent abilities to be unimpactful
    They want torghast to not give any loot
    and they want soulbinds removed
    and legendaries to be removed
    before those systems are even in the beta/alpha they are all in

by the time the influencers are done itl be wod 2.0
    Last edited by arandomuser; 2020-04-19 at 06:32 PM.

7+ Year Old Account

How so?

Clearly just a normal night elf Karen.
    With ears so big she can hear the managers footsteps from miles away.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    I can't imagine actually thinking this way about WoW, if you're being serious. Literally wanting beta so you can play the shit out of the game before it's even released so you're better at it when the real game comes around. Sounds absolutely awful.

Its why I don't join Betas anymore even if there's a part of me that wants in. I'm able to enjoy the game more.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Looks exactly like the Jailer we saw in the first trailer, only this time he isn't covered in shade.
    Perhaps his crown & beard are modeled like gear, so the current model is missing them.

10+ Year Old Account

It doesn't look right, it's perfect! Gimme those beautiful long ears!

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    i very much worry the "influencer" driven feedback will end up ruining the xpac i think blizzard decided "if we just do everything the popular guys tell us to theyre fans wont complain about the game as much and we'll do better" or something.

they already got AP removed, WQs changed

now they say

they want covanent abilities to be unimpactful
    They want torghast to not give any loot
    and they want soulbinds removed
    and legendaries to be removed
    before those systems are even in the beta/alpha they are all in

by the time the influencers are done itl be wod 2.0
    I'd recommend watching different some "influencers" in that case. No one I've watched play the alpha has said any of what you listed. The voices on the forum are far louder than the influencers. If the player base at large hates a system they'll make sure Blizzard know about it.

[IMG]
    Nah, that's normal. It's when they fully transform into hunter form that they start looking freaky.

3+ Year Old Account

She looks like she'd like to speak to the manager of....the Alliance? Looks pretty normal for a Karen to me

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    Is that a DH skin? Why does her face look so... gaunt. Its more off-putting than the ears.

Looks like it. The ears have a scale effect on them. Her eyes seem to be 'whited out' probably what the DH eyes look like without the smoke effect
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-04-19 at 07:35 PM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

There's so many wrong things with this image.