Poll: Should all loot in WoW be Bind On Account?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    No, alts should have their own progression.
    They shouldn't because of burn out. Content starts to feel old very quickly after 3 times of running the same thing. Ruined by LFR, normal mode...etc and if all you get is a difficulty increase and better gear, you ask yourself what do you even need that for....you've already SEEN it...NO FUN.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    They shouldn't because of burn out. Content starts to feel old very quickly after 3 times of running the same thing. Ruined by LFR, normal mode...etc and if all you get is a difficulty increase and better gear, you ask yourself what do you even need that for....you've already SEEN it...NO FUN.
    Thats why to me having different kind of things like class halls and covenants are good for alts because then you get more variety which is alt-friendly to me. I am not a big fan of account wide stuff because it diminish the effort you do on your characters.

Like now, I don't play alts because the classes/specs are so boring, but if they were fun like Legion then I wouldn't mind doing the effort to power them up.

Thats my mindset, but I understand your mindset as well. I am personally looking forward to Shadowlands because you get different stuff in Covenants, different campaigns, cosmetics, and raidsets looks good again and I really want them so raiding on alts got a meaning outside gear and power. Variety is important to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not playing my alt because of the cloak thing. If only those +3 upgrades were accountwide and automatically applied when you get it to rank 15.

It would be cool if gear was BoAccount but limited to rings/trinkets/necklace. No need for the rest.
    Last edited by shade3891; 2020-05-16 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Alt friendliness is often a hot topic with generally people being in favor of various alt-catchup mechanics and against mandatory grinds that the player has already completed on their main character (reps, AP etc.). Here I'd like to ask you about what I would consider extreme alt-friendliness, and whether you think it would benefit the game, or not.

I recently had a chat on that issue with an old mate who has come back to WoW somewhat recently. He would like to experience playing various different classes, but the amount of time required to bring an alt up to speed and gear it to heroic level is an obstacle he can't overcome as an adult who has limited time to play the game. His idea to fix that problem was to make all loot BoA. That way you could just farm everything (including raids) on your main, send the loot to your alts, and only start playing them when they're already geared.

Personally I don't really play my alts in current content and only use them for farming and legacy content, but as a somewhat veteran player of the game this kind of change wouldn't sit too well with me. I think most of the fun of playing a character is actually gearing it and improving it. Then again, I only do current content with my main.

What do you think, would this motivate people to play alts? Would it be beneficial to the game as a whole? Feel free to explain your choice in the posts below.
    There is no point to have an alt, if you don't want to do any content on it. Therefore extreme variant with all things being account-wide isn't viable. But at the same time players don't have alts to do all the same content, they do on main. There are two types on content: 1) Preparation content 2) Actual content. Preparation content is content, that usually isn't fun - it's about overcoming some obstacles. It's content, players usually want to do only once. Some players want it to be completely removed, as it's not fun, but they usually understand, that in MMOs it's necessary. It's like school. Everybody wants to be a child again, but nobody wants to get back to school. So, it's the biggest question about alts. What content should be one time only and what should be repeatable? Devs insist, that all content, they create, is repeatable for sure. But players usually want to skip some boring and unfun preparation stages and get directly into actual fun content.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Seems entirely unnecessary, gearing isn't hard in WoW and never was. You can easily hit 460 ilvl in about a week of casual play, do a few m+ and the heroic raid and you'll likely be there. A friend of mine got his Rogue from 390 to 466 in two days.

The hard part is getting the correct corruption which will always be hard, and getting your cloak leveled is insanely tedious. But if you just want a casual alt at 460 ilvl it's really easy.

Hey, you, come here, I have a secret for you. If you burn out by playing your 3rd alt, DON'T PLAY A 3RD ALT FFS.

Instead of changing the game to your needs, go look for a game that already fulfills your wishes.

Go play GW2, if that's truly what you want.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Not playing my alt because of the cloak thing. If only those +3 upgrades were accountwide and automatically applied when you get it to rank 15.

It would be cool if gear was BoAccount but limited to rings/trinkets/necklace. No need for the rest.
    If you want that, go play GW2, that is the game you are describing.

I hope that they will keep similar systems that was introduced in 8.3 when it comes to alts.

I think that playing an alt shouldn't be just "quickly switching between login screens", but rather going through a process, this means grinding to certain extent, then jumping into keys and raids to get yourself some gear.

I'd like to be fully engaged when playing an alt instead of just mindlessly switching between characters looking what to play, because gearing was too easy and I've nothing left to do. Just my 2¢

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Hey, you, come here, I have a secret for you. If you burn out by playing your 3rd alt, DON'T PLAY A 3RD ALT FFS.

Instead of changing the game to your needs, go look for a game that already fulfills your wishes.

Go play GW2, if that's truly what you want.

- - - Updated - - -

If you want that, go play GW2, that is the game you are describing.
    You sound like your advertising GW2. I don't like the aesthetics / art style of GW2.

You sound like your advertising GW2. I don't like the aesthetics / art style of GW2.
    Blue Protocol has NO GEAR besides weapons, so yeah, that's my game and I speak Japanese so no need to wait for a western release.

No, I'm not advertising GW2, you guys are just asking for an account progression system instead of a character progression system. And GW2 is the most popular game that does that rn.

None of which is really related to alts. People running mains repeatedly the same content as part of the gear grind. So even with just one character, they would have seen the content multiple times.

And if people are suggesting they allow gears to be fed from main to alts, they are running the same content, with a different toon.

I would 100% like more account wide progression, I don't get why you need to farm the same rep 10 times and it should be account wide with you only being able to gain rep from that faction on 1 character per day, that way you don't get gimped because you chose to gain that rep on another toon. People also like to change alt midway into an expansion yet when you do so you're handicapping yourself and starting from scratch, again why do we need to do this shit all over again because we want to play something else?

I still can't get my head around not being to send an alt gold because it's on a different faction when it's literally my account, my character yet Blizzard implement these dumb as fuck restrictions for absolutely no reason.

People forget how much having alts would help overall, you'd get more tanks and healers since having them alongside a dps wouldn't be a punishment and you'd not get as many people being burnt out playing the same toon in raids but yea, the no lifers that can pump 12 hours into the game each day don't want changes as usual.

And thats why blizzard is holding back alt-friendly changes.

The people who demand the changes want a completly different game, we could argue that its not even a MMO-RPG anymore if blizzard is even come to close what they want.

If you don't have the time to play the excessive waste of time with ALTs, why not just stop with the nonsense and play 1 char or quit the game and play something with less time investment.

There are lots of action-RPGs with very quick catch up mechanics available, whats the point in destroying the best MMO just because you play it wrong?
    -

I got my paladin to 120 on the 10th of may, It is now 17th of may and that character has 450 ilvl as both healing and Retri with 3 healing essences bought with echo's and Crucible of flames from the quest. Heart level is 82 and cloak lvl is 6.

If your "friend" think that 7 days is too long to gear up a new character to decent ilvl.. then he probably should give up MMO's all together

Would be nice. This way I could send items I no longer need on my main to alts. More flexibility is always good thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    • Gear that drops from bosses or mobs should be bind on pickup and not tradable to other party members.
    • Gear that is purchased from rep vendors should be bind on pickup.
    • Mounts should be bind on account.
    • Cosmetic items should be bind on account.
    • Heirlooms should be bind on account.
    • Crafted items should be bind on equip.
    • Essences should be bind on account.
    • Cloak upgrades should be from tradeable quest items.
    • Gold should be account wide.
    • Cooking, Fishing & Archeology should be account wide.

Alt friendliness is often a hot topic with generally people being in favor of various alt-catchup mechanics and against mandatory grinds that the player has already completed on their main character (reps, AP etc.). Here I'd like to ask you about what I would consider extreme alt-friendliness, and whether you think it would benefit the game, or not.

I recently had a chat on that issue with an old mate who has come back to WoW somewhat recently. He would like to experience playing various different classes, but the amount of time required to bring an alt up to speed and gear it to heroic level is an obstacle he can't overcome as an adult who has limited time to play the game. His idea to fix that problem was to make all loot BoA. That way you could just farm everything (including raids) on your main, send the loot to your alts, and only start playing them when they're already geared.

Personally I don't really play my alts in current content and only use them for farming and legacy content, but as a somewhat veteran player of the game this kind of change wouldn't sit too well with me. I think most of the fun of playing a character is actually gearing it and improving it. Then again, I only do current content with my main.

What do you think, would this motivate people to play alts? Would it be beneficial to the game as a whole? Feel free to explain your choice in the posts below.
    Your friend will get a notion of how every class & spec are to play long before reaching max level+HC geared. Sure theres azerite armor, essences and corruption as RNG elements but you get the feel of a spec long before all of that are in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    And thats why blizzard is holding back alt-friendly changes.

The people who demand the changes want a completly different game, we could argue that its not even a MMO-RPG anymore if blizzard is even come to close what they want.

If you don't have the time to play the excessive waste of time with ALTs, why not just stop with the nonsense and play 1 char or quit the game and play something with less time investment.

There are lots of action-RPGs with very quick catch up mechanics available, whats the point in destroying the best MMO just because you play it wrong?
    Sorry, explain to me how making gold account wide is a completely different game that would destroy the best MMO. Explain to me how the same thing happening with cosmetic gear for mogging being BOA will do the same thing for WOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    Sorry, explain to me how making gold account wide is a completely different game that would destroy the best MMO. Explain to me how the same thing happening with cosmetic gear for mogging being BOA will do the same thing for WOW.
    Well, I think he's referring to making all item drops BoA, and while destroy is a strong word, It would definitely completely change the game as far as alts go.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Well, I think he's referring to making all item drops BoA, and while destroy is a strong word, It would definitely completely change the game as far as alts go.
    For sure, but things like gold should be account wide, the fact I can't send my own alt gold from my own account because it's on the opposite faction is a disgrace at best. No gear outwith heirlooms should ever be BOA but the mega long grinds such as neck and essences should be account wide.