Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Just for the record, this was a referendum in the 2018 election where 67% of the people voted for. So Trump is shitting on the will of 2/3rds of the voting base in Michigan. His people won't care, but something tells me, only his people won't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    I just read the last few pages (I don't even know why...) and am really impressed (or shocked) that you still argue with that troll... btw are trolls allowed here? Can't you just all report his posts? No way in hell Trunksee is not trolling, he can't be THAT un-/misinformed.

In other news:
    The Trump administration gave a drug-making contract worth up to $812 million to a small Virginia firm founded less than 6 months ago
    So anyone wanna take a guess?
    Firm of a donor? A golf buddy? Family member of a Republican senator?
    Look at how quickly the swamp is being drained. No....wait, it's being drained into.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    So heres the thing. Its sad for me to believe that you think because its a video game site we all are some type of like minded group. To think that just because you dont agree it must be trolling. I mean i also dont see many construction workers on here so maybe i am an anomoly.
    What? What you just said had nothing to do with the post you were quoting. Not even a little bit.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Just for the record, this was a referendum in the 2018 election where 67% of the people voted for. So Trump is shitting on the will of 2/3rds of the voting base in Michigan. His people won't care, but something tells me, only his people won't care.
    hm lets take a trip in the way back machine...
    In the general election, Republican nominee Donald Trump unexpectedly won Michigan by a narrow margin of 0.23%, with 47.50% of the total votes over the 47.27% of Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton. This is the narrowest margin of victory in Michigan's presidential election history.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016...on_in_Michigan

it's a bold strategy, cotton.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    Well I mean i have not seen 1 thing critical of any democrat on this site other than from a few select people. So how critical can you call yourselves? I mean it wasnt Trump who sent sick people back from the hospital to the nursing homes. That mostly happened in which states?
    Here's the thing about that. Few, if any, Democrats are fucking up as hard as Republicans and Trump right now. When they do people are already wanting them to be investigated. Trump's fan base though can never say one bad thing about Trump or his ilk, ever.

When you find a democrat that does something just as bad as what's happening with Trump's administration, cronies, and minions then tell us. I'm sure you'll find that people are for going after them, no matter who they are.

This was yet another lame ass attempt by you.

Hey remember that Inspector General who was investigating Pompeo for at best illegal misuse of government employees and at worse treason with the sequel to the Iran Contra, Saudi Arabia: Electric Boogaloo's Revenge. So ya he just admitted he told Trump to fire the Inspector General because who needs government oversight for corruption and illegal activities DRAIN THE SWAMP! Oh wait, "rips the sticker off", sorry no that was a sticker it actually says FILL THE SWAMP!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pompeo-sa...150614686.html
    Last edited by pathora44; 2020-05-21 at 02:27 AM.

With all this shit with these illegal mail in votes, I can't believe what I'm seeing. Our country is going downhill and it's going downhill fast. Joe Biden is going to get 75 MILLION ILLEGAL VOTES in 2020 because the Democrats are all illegals. Trump is going to lose to these illegals. We're all screwed!

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    With all this shit with these illegal mail in votes, I can't believe what I'm seeing. Our country is going downhill and it's going downhill fast. Joe Biden is going to get 75 MILLION ILLEGAL VOTES in 2020 because the Democrats are all illegals. Trump is going to lose to these illegals. We're all screwed!
    You really need to tag that with a /s because there are absolutely people here who genuinely think that.

oh no!
    what are you going to do?

Well... I chuckled.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    You really need to tag that with a /s because there are absolutely people here who genuinely think that.
    I figured the all caps text was enough so I left off the tag.

The price of having Trump as President:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/europe-ab...122742176.html

Title: Europe is abandoning Trump on the world stage as it turns away from the US toward China

The gist of it is that Europe is building stronger economic relations with China, despite the strong arm US efforts against it. Europeans view China almost as favorably as the US. Trump has really cratered our reputation with Europe, especially his hydro-whatever drug and his disinfectant talk. The UK is turning away from the US as a reliable ally as well.

Excerpts:

Recent polling suggests Europeans are turning away from the US under President Donald Trump's leadership.

Public opinion toward America has declined in major European countries since the start of the coronavirus pandemic.

Seventy-six percent of Germans in a new poll said their view of America had deteriorated because of the crisis.

Roughly equal numbers of Germans in the poll favored maintaining close relationships with China and the US in a head-to-head matchup.

One poll last week found that just 2% of French people trusted Trump to provide world leadership.

China is exerting growing political, diplomatic, and financial power across Europe.
    Germans were largely split when asked whether they favored maintaining close relations with China or the US.

37% of Germans said it was more important to maintain close relations with the US, compared to 36% who said the same of China.

That was a big drop from a poll last year, when 50% of Germans said maintaining US relations was the priority, compared with just 24% who said China.

In a separate question, just 10% of Germans saw the US as the country's most important global partner, down from 19% last year. Six percent said the same of China, down 1 percentage point from the year before.
    Asked at the end of last month whether Britain should forge a stronger relationship with Europe or with the US, 35% of Brits told the pollsters YouGov that Europe should be the priority, compared with just 13% who said the US.

That's a net shift of 6 percentage points toward Europe since early November and came despite Britain's exit from the European Union in January.
    The president's comments speculating that disinfectant might be used to treat coronavirus patients caused widespread disbelief and horror in many European countries.
    Reports that Trump had attempted to buy exclusive rights to a coronavirus vaccine being developed in Germany also triggered anger on the continent.
    This shift is also seen in the behavior of European governments, which appear increasingly willing to ignore Trump's threats about forging closer ties with China.

A series of European countries are working on deals with the Chinese telecoms company Huawei to develop their 5G networks, despite increasingly aggressive threats from the White House.

UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson, who Trump was said to have hung up on in a moment of "apoplectic" fury earlier this year for defying the president's threats on Huawei, is pushing ahead with plans to allow the company 5G development rights.

Several other European countries are also pushing ahead with similar deals despite threats from the Trump administration of a new trade war.
    This shows the price of having Trump as President. If the US tries to divide up the world with a US sphere of influence (We own this planet - you just live here) and a Chinese one - we might find that the number of countries on our side might be a rather small number.

I figured the all caps text was enough so I left off the tag.
    In the world we live in today you have to be careful with what you say. There are people on these boards who believe random fucking youtubers pushing conspiracy theories are the paragons of truth and that Trump is God's gift to Earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Michigan is home to Dow Chemicals which is odd because that's usually Delaware's thing.

Guess what just got into all those floodwaters?

Yep.

Per the NYTimes:

With much of Midland expected to be underwater by later on Wednesday, it was likely that the floodwaters would breach the levees designed to protect the Dow compound, said Allen Burton, a professor of earth and environmental sciences at the University of Michigan. This meant that, at the site itself, flooding could reach storage tanks, potentially releasing chemicals onto farmland and residential areas that line the river downstream, he said.

The Superfund cleanup sites are downriver from the century-old plant, which for decades had released chemicals into the nearby waterways. The concern downriver, Dr. Burton said, is that contaminated sediments on the river floor could be stirred up by the floodwaters, spreading pollution downstream and over the riverbanks.

"The flooding in Midland County poses significant risks of spreading pollution from the Tittabawassee River that has suffered from decades of contamination and illegal dumping by Dow Inc.—making it one of the most contaminated rivers in Michigan," said Michigan League of Conservation Voters executive director Lisa Wozniak. "High water levels also threaten the integrity of Dow's facility, which we know houses dangerous chemicals. Michiganders deserve full transparency from Dow, state and local officials regarding any contamination that results from this catastrophic event — and the immediate cleanup of it."
    "It's so sad that this happened out of nowhere and there were no warning signs."

The owner of the Sanford Dam, Boyce Hydro Power LLC, was dinged multiple times by federal regulators for not repairing damages. In 2018, the company's license was revoked, with regulators claiming Boyce had "failed for many years to comply with significant license and safety requirements, notwithstanding having been given opportunities to come into compliance."
    "Well at least nobody with any experience or credibility is blaming this on climate ch--"

"The catastrophic flooding we are seeing in Midland is a culmination of the impacts of the increased strange and severe weather events that are amplified by climate change," said Wozniak, "and this latest event highlights the importance of big thinking right now from leaders around how to plan properly with our changing climate to keep our families safe."

Infrastructural issues like the ones in Midland run the risk of making things worse as the climate crisis exacerbates extreme weather events.

"Can we link the record rainfall in Michigan, which is collapsing dams and leading to 'catastrophic' flooding, to climate change?" tweeted UC Santa Barbara professor Leah Stokes. "Yes."
    "Okay, but why post this in the Trump Shitshow thread?"

Besides deregulation and being a science denier being qualities he campaigned and ran on?

"Yes, besides those. Surely this was an event that nobody could blame Trump for putting communities in harm's way by sidelining science."

"This is another example of the Trump administration putting vulnerable communities in harms way by sidelining science" said Union of Concerned Scientists research scientist Jacob Carter. "There was an Executive Order that called for Superfund sites to update their infrastructure to protect them from future extreme floods, but it was trashed by the Trump administration a week before Hurricane Harvey hit."
    "Okay, but this must have been a new issue bec--"

"This is not a new issue," Carter added. "The EPA has for years recognized the vulnerabilities of superfund sites, but the Trump administration continues to ignore the scientific advice and guidance from its own employees putting public health at risk."
    So the flood in Michigan, a state Trump won by the number of people in a truck-stop Denny's, is now loaded with toxic chemicals because of three things:
    1) crumbling infrastructure which Trump promised to fix at least five times, but didn't
    2) worsening rainy weather, which Team Trump routinely handwaves, and
    3) deregulation and failing to enforce existing regulations, something Trump directly, personally and specifically had a tiny hand in

There's not much Venn Diagram overlap between broken promises, science denial, and the direct consequences of words and actions. Anyone can be incompetent. This is a perfect fatass orange storm of fuckwittery. This is the Beta Maelstrom. This is Hurricane Bone Spurs. And some of y'all decided to leave the windows down.

Only Trump could, through a mixture of action, inaction, and stupidity, do this level of damage to a state he personally wooed so hard, you'd think he'd paid it $130,000. Everything Trump touches dies, it's just usually not this literally.

Are we tired of winning yet?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    This shows the price of having Trump as President. If the US tries to divide up the world with a US sphere of influence (We own this planet - you just live here) and a Chinese one - we might find that the number of countries on our side might be a rather small number.
    Exactly what "the base" wants, America Alone. They really are the biggest group of idiots around. The long term damage these assclowns are causing is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Literally just a stunt to say he took it and it worked, now he doesn't need it any more.

Everything Trump is doing right now is purely for November and re-election.
    Doctor prescribed it to my neighbor who contracted through corona virus. He quarantined in a hotel for two weeks and said he felt better after three days of taking it.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Doctor prescribed it to my neighbor who contracted through corona virus. He quarantined in a hotel for two weeks and said he felt better after three days of taking it.
    Now when did he learn he had it? I'm sure your neighbor didn't find out he had C-19 the day of him having it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Now when did he learn he had it? I'm sure your neighbor didn't find out he had C-19 the day of him having it.
    It's not worth questioning it. It's a one person bit of anecdotal evidence given by another person with no details. It's meaningless. Who knows whether the person just got better on their own since it took 3 days which can happen naturally given that the person wasn't sick enough to be hospitalized.
    Last edited by Nellise; 2020-05-21 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    It's not worth questioning it. It's a one person bit of anecdotal evidence given by another person with no details. It's meaningless. Who knows whether the person just got better on their own since it took 3 days which can happen naturally given that the person wasn't sick enough to be hospitalized.
    It is to me, after being laid off all I have now is poking at the holes of the logic of people like them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    The price of having Trump as President:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/europe-ab...122742176.html

Title: Europe is abandoning Trump on the world stage as it turns away from the US toward China

The gist of it is that Europe is building stronger economic relations with China, despite the strong arm US efforts against it. Europeans view China almost as favorably as the US. Trump has really cratered our reputation with Europe, especially his hydro-whatever drug and his disinfectant talk. The UK is turning away from the US as a reliable ally as well.

Excerpts:

For better or worse, Europe at the end of the day seeks stability and growth. Ever since Trump became President it is not that the EU turned away from the US, they actually turned away from The White House and have moved talks to state level, representatives and diplomats created relations there. The EU has an effective and efficient diplomat group that lays the ground work for whatever the world ends up looking.

After all why should we Europeans end up paying for your trade war? Why should we take a hit when the person in the white house has repeatedly said he does not wish to be the leader of the "free world" any more? Who has proven himself to be an unreliable ally if not even an enemy on certain fronts.

Americans keep forgetting that actions they take on the global stage such in the ME causes reactions they might remain shielded from thanks to an ocean as physical barrier, we are not shielded and we ended up paying the price. While there's some sort of solidarity if the US every 4 or 8 years changes from tone and goes from "we love you!" to "we hate you!" as if they suffered from bipolarity we can't see the US as a long term committed partner as all world changing political and economical plans take more than one president term to come into full effect.

But this was said a couple of times when speaking of the US or the Brexit debacle, people think acting "bigly" is a shown of force and strength on the world stage. While it creates actually the complete opposite creation. I mean with the exception of the small far right group, Trump supporter is synonymous for idiot here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Exactly what "the base" wants, America Alone. They really are the biggest group of idiots around. The long term damage these assclowns are causing is pathetic.
    It is the lie they tell people about globalism, if we close all the borders, if we reverse all politics and fully focus on simply our economy it will all return back to how it was back then in the times of growth.

Unaware that reversing globalism for their nation means less trade, less economy and less jobs. Not knowing that the economic growth of the US is due to its close economic relations with the EU and other regions.

Manufacturing jobs won't come back because some nations are simply cheaper and we need unity to correctly and set a global or "western" taxation standard so that tax evading multinationals are taken on. This speaks directly of one of the negatives of globalism is that even mentioned in the US? It is here.
    So we need to tackle the negatives of globalism rather than creating empty speeches of how we are going to take everything back.

Agriculture jobs and immigration, two truths here often overlooked. People don't wish to work there because the work is hard and it doesn't pay much. The reason it does not pay much is despite the tons of subsidies from the government the farmers are bleeding because we have allowed big commercial market chains to nickle and dime them. It is fully in the government power to tackle this issue but nothing gets done.

Also Trump is a "globalist", he is simply selective in what he opposes as he looks at his bank account not his ideological opposition to it, as he has none. If he or his family could make bank on turning Texas into part of Mexico he would be promoting that.

But digging into all these topics is not easy and understanding them requires time. Time people don't have if not struggling to understand all this hence people likely to support trump are also likely to believe conspiracy theories. So it is far easier to get people riled up against an easy enemy such as immigrants, globalists or other words that makes them angry and afraid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Zero proof that it works in treating it, your doctor is a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Zero proof that it works in treating it, your doctor is a moron.
    Well,maybe not,maybe it happened many (but many many) weeks ago when the question was still in the air ( he didn't specified a timeframe). That question does no longer exist and the scientific consensus today is a big bold capital no.

And who is taking it today ?( or claiming he does...he is all about theatrics). Yeah ,that orange guy ,so the "defense" (at lack of a better tem) that doctors used it in the past expired a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    What?

Correlation does not imply causation?

Be careful there , that concept can makes us fall in the dangerous waters of logic and scientific methodology.

Warning!! ( you don't have to worry about it lockedout , you are safe)

On an unrelated note I'm selling a rock that keep tigers away. Cheap. Free shipping.