10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    bidens comment stands and i think black people will tell you that to,
    I don’t agree that the interpretation being provided by people attacking Biden is apt. He was stupid to put it in this context and should not have never done it. In fact, I don’t believe that people bitching about it actually understand why what Biden said is racist. That’s why they can’t seem to spin it, when he used the Uncle Tom argument.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    Also thats a really weak argument to bring up something some one said in the past to try to disprove their point.

- - - Updated - - -

Umm i dont think anyone is switching sides at this point but people just not showing up to vote is a thing. Also do you know Bidens record other than him being Obamas VP. Its not so clean.
    You mean literally using your own words against you? Nah, that's a pretty damn good way to disprove their point.

- - - Updated - - -

No hes not but what he said is. And people are trying to defend it. Thats whats being called out. Its that you all will do the same thing for him but freak when someone trys to do it for trump.
    Like I said, people who would support a guy who would rape a child on live television, so long as they have an "R" in front of them... have no room to talk.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have tried to explain this before. Just because they vote for you does not make what you are. Please explain why they would vote for anyone else. This is the dumbest arguement. Do you see trump bringing up KKK leaders ever? Please like me 1 time that Trump supproted the KKK or white nationalist directly.
    You attacked Biden supporters, without asking for a second if we have an alternative. Explain to me, why racists who vote Trump and march screaming “blood and solid”, can only vote Trump. After pages of attacking Biden as racist, you now claim that racists have no choice but to vote Trump? Can you now repeat the quote Biden said, that you called racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You mean literally using your own words against you?
    Just remember, even though Biden is racist, actual racists have no choice, but to vote Trump. That’s his current argument.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-05-22 at 05:32 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya, just not buying faux outrage from Trump supporters.

Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    remember that time when biden made a gaffe and all of twitter was raging saying "biden's done!! just look at him!!"....
    He needs to have more intercourse with black people and both gaffs are resolved.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Ya, just not buying faux outrage from Trump supporters.

Ohh man the irony of Dominicans for trump sign right next to that confederate flag

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Ohh man the irony of Dominicans for trump sign right next to that confederate flag
    Look at us, proudly putting the name of the President of the United States of America on the flag of the Confederate States of America.

I hope they realize that the Confederates lost the war.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Look at us, proudly putting the name of the President of the United States of America on the flag of the Confederate States of America.

I hope they realize that the Confederates lost the war.
    They win even when they lose! As long as it made at least one “liberal” shed a tear.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Tara Reade's attorneys rescind themselves from further representation.

Looks like Reade's story broke down after deep analysis. It's a shame this developed the way.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post

Looks like Reade's story broke down after deep analysis. It's a shame this developed the way.
    Ehh... It's good in a way. Now we learned (the hard way) that all stories must have scrutiny, and while we must believe women, we must still investigate, because sometimes, false accusations happen.
    On the other hand, this deals a blow to the metoo movement.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account

So now she's down to the one Russia Today/ Matt Taibbi's buddy lawyer? Yikes.

No wait.. he's out too.

He only does representation on a per headline basis or per Megyn Kelly interview.
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    I was going to reply to that image, but that poster made it very confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    On the other hand, this deals a blow to the metoo movement.
    It really doesn't though. That's the kind of rhetoric that results from conservatives trying to weaponize #MeToo, specifically by misrepresenting it often.

The #BelieveAllWomen thing was never a part of #MeToo, it was #BelieveWomen. And the position of the movement has never been that all women who come forward are 100% right, but that they should be believed and taken seriously. Reade very much was, even with immediate questions and holes in her story popping up, and what followed was the kind of investigation that we've seen from media in many #MeToo stories in the past.

One, or more, people trying to exploit the movement for personal gain doesn't harm the overall movement nor their goals. It harms actual victims by giving doubters something to point to and say "SEE THIS IS WHY WE DON'T BELIEVE YOU!", but that's similarly why investigation is necessary to validate and support the women with credible claims.

Won't defend Biden, but the Trump supporters pearl clutching, oh man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Won't defend Biden, but the Trump supporters pearl clutching, oh man.
    I’m surprised I was as seemingly successful at defending him, as I was. As I already said, the reason why what Biden said was racist, is the Uncle Tom implications. It’s not cutting out what he said to claim he said someone wasn’t black or inserting that he said if you vote Trump you are not black, to a black Trump supporter... who actually isn’t a Trump supporter... it’s a tone deaf argument, where a white guy, is making the Uncle Tom argument. They don’t understand why it was racist... A Trump supporter can’t understand why it was racist.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-05-22 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    That's why all this needs to be investigated not only to see if Kavanaugh is guilty, but also to see if he's innocent and perhaps even charge some of his accusers with perjury and false claims if it turns out that's what some of them did. Unfortunately some people are being completely left out of the investigation, like Swetnick, so I doubt we're ever going to truly know whether Kavanaugh is guilty or innocent which is just going to leave a cloud of doubt over this whole thing.
    This was my stance when Kavanaugh was being accused and it's how I feel now. You'll noticed I bolded the part where I said those who accused him should also be investigated to see if any of them had made false claims about Kavanaugh and should be punished if it was found out that their claims about him were false. I think the same should happen to Reade, she should be investigated and if it's found out that these claims against Biden were just lies she should be punished for it, people shouldn't be allowed to get away with making false claims because it will just hurt those who have made legitimate claims.

One, or more, people trying to exploit the movement for personal gain doesn't harm the overall movement nor their goals. It harms actual victims by giving doubters something to point to and say "SEE THIS IS WHY WE DON'T BELIEVE YOU!", but that's similarly why investigation is necessary to validate and support the women with credible claims.
    The bolded part is what i was reffering to. But you have a point. We need to understand that women are not angelical beings that can do no wrong (because that in itself is sexist) evil women and manipulative women, who lie for personal gain do, in fact, exist.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not gonna defend Biden's comments this morning. They were fuckin dumb.

But I am gonna need to find my sides after seeing Trump supporters pearl clutching over it, because that shit is funnier than Larry the Cable Guy saying "Git 'er done" 50 times in an hour.
    Because it isn't about what Biden said. They don't give two shits about what Biden said. They do not care. The only thing they care about, the only reason they're jumping on this, is because it lets them build up a completely horseshit "both sides are racist, so we can be openly racist and it's okay" narrative. That's it. The whole reason.

And if you pay attention, they'll even tell you that;

Sigh i am calling out the people defending what he said not him himself. Im pointing out that the left do the same thing the right does.
    See? Admits he doesn't actually care about what Biden said, just using it to push a bullshit narrative so he can pretend the heavy racism on the right should be ignored.

It's blatantly dishonest, and really should be considered a form of trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    This was my stance when Kavanaugh was being accused and it's how I feel now. You'll noticed I bolded the part where I said those who accused him should also be investigated to see if any of them had made false claims about Kavanaugh and should be punished if it was found out that their claims about him were false. I think the same should happen to Reade, she should be investigated and if it's found out that these claims against Biden were just lies she should be punished for it, people shouldn't be allowed to get away with making false claims because it will just hurt those who have made legitimate claims.
    The most basic reason why the Reade and Kavanaugh comparison bothers me, is that Kavanaugh is not running for President. It’s not like Trump has a shortage of accusers to compare this to. Accusers, who unlike Ford, also didn’t have congressional hearings or GOP deny witnesses. I’m not even saying unfavorable comparisons, that include Trump NDAs or insulting accusers. The ones that no one here can name... even one of the three from last year...

punishing people who's accusations are not proven is harmful to people coming forward, because it intimidates them. unless it's proved she committed perjury in this case (as she apparently has in the past) what punishment would she get anyways?