10+ Year Old Account
    'If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black'

Boy oh boy. I said it and I meant it. Out of touch, my black friend, you owe me, its not what you want, it what I will give you, the back of the bus is fine as long as you're on the bus. crime bill signing, segregationist friend having Biden. What a fine candidate. Thanks for judging my blackness sir. I'm sure I go march down to the Good Ole Boys and say, "Hey, its cool. Joe Biden says I'm not black anymore because I don't like him! We can be cool now!" See how far that will get me.

I'm just supposed to vote for Biden?

I'll hold my rant while I can keep it PG.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2020-05-22 at 06:53 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    This was my stance when Kavanaugh was being accused and it's how I feel now. You'll noticed I bolded the part where I said those who accused him should also be investigated to see if any of them had made false claims about Kavanaugh and should be punished if it was found out that their claims about him were false. I think the same should happen to Reade, she should be investigated and if it's found out that these claims against Biden were just lies she should be punished for it, people shouldn't be allowed to get away with making false claims because it will just hurt those who have made legitimate claims.
    I mean there might be a case for libel. What Tara did was bad for the survivor of rape their whole movement so to speak, but if they went after her for criminal charges or any sort of punishment, even an apology, it'll just make those people who actually suffered from an assault even more afraid to come out because of the president it sets.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Ehh... It's good in a way. Now we learned (the hard way) that all stories must have scrutiny, and while we must believe women, we must still investigate, because sometimes, false accusations happen.
    On the other hand, this deals a blow to the metoo movement.
    It is good - and we can see how desperate the GOP is at this point. Agreed regarding scrutiny and believing women - of course - but yeah, the metoo movement suffers.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Because it isn't about what Biden said. They don't give two shits about what Biden said. They do not care. The only thing they care about, the only reason they're jumping on this, is because it lets them build up a completely horseshit "both sides are racist, so we can be openly racist and it's okay" narrative. That's it. The whole reason.

And if you pay attention, they'll even tell you that;

See? Admits he doesn't actually care about what Biden said, just using it to push a bullshit narrative so he can pretend the heavy racism on the right should be ignored.

It's blatantly dishonest, and really should be considered a form of trolling.
    Even if we already knew, what it really brings into sharp relief is that they know exactly how bad and racist and corrupt and predatory Trump really is; that--just like we said--they're feigning not understanding how Trump is racist, and that they simply can't decipher dog whistles, insisting that he denounced neo-nazis so he can't be racist, and then demanding "evidence" of his racism, as if there weren't already troves of it, etc., etc., which is why they practically break their necks leaping at these stories in a desperate attempt to absolve themselves of their guilt, their racism, and their complicity in the whole thing. You can't yell "just as bad!" without giving away that you know exactly how bad what you're defending is.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    #YouAintBlack and #JoeBidenIsARacist trending heavy on Twitter Yikes
    the former is mostly black people speaking their minds on the matter, the latter is white trump supporters... Yikes indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    #YouAintBlack and #JoeBidenIsARacist trending heavy on Twitter Yikes
    Let me know when Twitter is relevant or actually reflects reality. It's not and never has been, and I'd be willing to put money down on the accounts primarily boosting this being from the conservative intelligencia and a whole lotta sockpuppets, as has historically been true.

Twitter. Isn't. Reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    'If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black'

Boy oh boy. I said it and I meant it. Out of touch, my black friend, you owe me, its not what you want, it what I will give you, the back of the bus is fine as long as you're on the bus. crime bill signing, segregationist friend having Biden. What a fine candidate. Thanks for judging my blackness sir. I'm sure I go march down to the Good Ole Boys and say, "Hey, its cool. Joe Biden says I'm not black anymore because I don't like him! We can be cool now!" See how far that will get me.

Don’t hold it from being PG... last I checked, you don’t have an issue deciding between Biden and Trump. It’s why I prefer what the interviewer responded with, where he said Trump doesn’t mater, it’s about the community, instead of this reaction.

FYI, complaining that Biden made an Uncle Tom argument as an old white man, doesn’t require twisting Biden’s words.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Let me know when Twitter is relevant or actually reflects reality. It's not and never has been, and I'd be willing to put money down on the accounts primarily boosting this being from the conservative intelligencia and a whole lotta sockpuppets, as has historically been true.

Twitter. Isn't. Reality.
    The white people claiming that Biden is racist is a small, unforced error. Ok maybe medium sized. But although it will give Biden a few bad news cycles, it is recoverable.

The black people that he just majorly insulted is an entirely different matter. Has he forgotten 3 long months ago when black people across the country are the people that propelled him to defeating Sanders? Thank you for voting for me, but always remember that I have absolutely no respect for you?

If Trump is going to lose, Biden has to have an "undisclosed health issue" that forces him to withdraw.

I'm not black, so it is a bit awkward for me to be aggravated on their behalf. But I am pretty sure that Pacox IS black.

And, the more I think of it, the more I believe that: If Trump is going to lose, Biden has to have an "undisclosed health issue" that forces him to withdraw.
    Last edited by Omega10; 2020-05-22 at 07:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Don’t hold it from being PG... last I checked, you don’t have an issue deciding between Biden and Trump. It’s why I prefer what the interviewer responded with, where he said Trump doesn’t matter, it’s about the community, instead of this reaction.

FYI, complaining that Biden made an Uncle Tom argument as an old white man, doesn’t require twisting Biden’s words.
    How did I twist his words?

I also believe you completely misinterpreted Charlemagne's response.

Trump so far out of the question for many that it doesn't what he says or does at this point, he won't win their vote. A lot of people really couldn't care less what Trump says, has said, will say. That doesn't mean the other candidate, in this case, Biden, gets a free pass. Just being 'not Trump' is not good enough for a decent amount of people regardless of whats echoed in this subforum.

10+ Year Old Account
    How did I twist his words?
    You wrote a paragraph trying to describe what he said. A paragraph that actual bore little to no resemblance to what you quoted him saying at the start of the post.

I also believe you completely misinterpreted Charlemagne's response.
    How so? It seems to me that he realized that Biden was trying to make it about Trump, instead of facing the issues of his community. I believe that is the correct response. I have literally been defending him, from people insulting him, due to his response...

Trump so far out of the question for many that it doesn't what he says or does at this point, he won't win their vote. A lot of people really couldn't care less what Trump says, has said, will say. That doesn't mean the other candidate, in this case, Biden, gets a free pass. Just being 'not Trump' is not good enough for a decent amount of people regardless of whats echoed in this subforum.
    Guess what, if you don’t vote Biden or Trump, according to what Biden actually said... he wasn’t talking to you. In fact, the issue with what Biden said, is a white old man using the Uncle Tom argument. Regardless of anything else, do you agree on this simple basis?

Edit: I do have to agree, saying that Trump is so far out of the question, was a better way to put it, than Biden’s attempt at saying the same thing... instead, the dumb fuck thought it would be something to do an Uncle Tom comment...
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-05-22 at 07:55 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    You wrote a paragraph trying to describe what he said. A paragraph that actually bore little to no resemblance to what you quoted him saying at the start of the post.
    So Joe Biden didn't say, ''If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black"?

10+ Year Old Account
    So Joe Biden didn't say, ''If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black"?
    Let me highlight what you just quoted:

A paragraph that actual bore little to no resemblance to what you quoted him saying at the start of the post.
    What makes you think I don’t agree with what you quoted him saying? My issue is you are acting like Biden said this:

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019...emitic-remarks

Speaking at the Israeli American Council in Hollywood, Florida, on Saturday night, Trump hit all of his favorite anti-Semitic tropes before a room full of Jewish people. He started off by once again invoking the age-old cliché about “dual loyalty,” saying there are Jews who “don’t love Israel enough.” After that warm-up he dove right into the stereotype about Jews and money, telling the group: “A lot of you are in the real estate business, because I know you very well. You’re brutal killers, not nice people at all,” he said. “But you have to vote for me—you have no choice. You’re not gonna vote for Pocahontas, I can tell you that. You’re not gonna vote for the wealth tax. Yeah, let’s take 100% of your wealth away!” (It feels beside the point that neither Elizabeth Warren nor any other Democratic candidate has proposed a 100% wealth tax.) He continued: “Some of you don’t like me. Some of you I don’t like at all, actually. And you’re going to be my biggest supporters because you’re going to be out of business in about 15 minutes if they get it. So I don’t have to spend a lot of time on that.”

Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    punishing people who's accusations are not proven is harmful to people coming forward, because it intimidates them. unless it's proved she committed perjury in this case (as she apparently has in the past) what punishment would she get anyways?
    Most likely financial. I would have no problem with Biden suing her if he decided to do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    Most likely financial. I would have no problem with Biden suing her if he decided to do that.
    Biden might look dumb, but he isn’t that dumb. It would have to be state charges, the optics would horrible. Only Trump can get away with suing his accuser...

Edit: I wonder why I can call Biden dumb, stupid and even call his comment racist, without being attacked by “Biden supporters”... I wonder what is it that I do, that doesn’t make me seem like a Trump supporter.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-05-22 at 08:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me highlight what you just quoted:

What makes you think I don’t agree with what you quoted him saying? My issue is you are acting like Biden said this:

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019...emitic-remarks
    Oh so because Biden did full DJT white man racist I should just STFU just pretend what he said wasn't extremely offensive?

The sad thing is that Biden could easily come out and say "damn, i was really out of line, I'm sorry". Anyone who is honest about Biden expects the condescending apology where the issue isn't what he said you didn't excuse him for it.

"Listen up folks! Heres the deal. I know black people, my Vice President was one of them when I was in the White House. What I said wasn't wrong, you took it wrong! You might not have liked what I said but I'm the best you're going to get. Now just stop being uppity and get with the program".

Biden might look dumb, but he isn’t that dumb. It would have to be state charges, the optics would horrible. Only Trump can get away with suing his accuser...

Edit: I wonder why I can call Biden dumb, stupid and even call his comment racist, without being attacked by “Biden supporters”... I wonder what is it that I do, that doesn’t make me seem like a Trump supporter.
    Well if it can be proven that Reade's claims were just lies then she should suffer some kind of consequences and that goes for anyone who decides to make allegations that can be proven to be lies.

Well, mostly because the "Biden supporters" pretty much agree with you. During the primary season, they repeatedly called him senile and basically agreed that his past is ... questionable. I asked multiple times for people to say something good about Biden - and I got nailed hard for making THAT request. And people absolutely refused to praise Biden. One "Biden supporter" went so far as to say "No one is really a Biden supporter."

I think I should reduce my Stormspark signature to just the part after the comma.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    Well, mostly because the "Biden supporters" pretty much agree with you. During the primary season, they repeatedly called him senile and basically agreed that his past is ... questionable. I asked multiple times for people to say something good about Biden - and I got nailed hard for making THAT request. And people absolutely refused to praise Biden. One "Biden supporter" went so far as to say "No one is really a Biden supporter."

I think I should reduce my Stormspark signature to just the part after the comma.
    there are plenty of biden supporters, they are just not the types to be debating on obscure subsections of gaming forums. the bernie fans were undoubtedly the most loud and numerous, which didn't translate irl.
    it's a mistake i see a lot of people here make, they are unable to see how people beyond their own myopic bubble think.

And Biden apologized.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/22/u...fast-club.html

“I shouldn’t have been such a wise guy,” Mr. Biden said in a call with the U.S. Black Chambers, later saying that he had not expected to join the call. “I shouldn’t have been so cavalier.”
    Take that how you will.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    And Biden apologized.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/22/u...fast-club.html
    “I shouldn’t have been such a wise guy,” Mr. Biden said in a call with the U.S. Black Chambers, later saying that he had not expected to join the call. “I shouldn’t have been so cavalier.”
    Take that how you will.
    For those not paying attention, this is EXACTLY what we want to see in politicians. Will they make a mistake? Fuck yes they will. Of course they will. Everyone does - no one is removed from the mistake making train at some point in their lives, sometimes daily.

But will they apologize? This is all that matters. If someone is willing to admit a mistake and apologize, or to a larger extent admit something might have been off base, those are the people we should work with - on both sides.

Just one more reason - and perhaps for some the BIGLIEST reason - Biden is the only choice in November.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh so because Biden did full DJT white man racist I should just STFU just pretend what he said wasn't extremely offensive?

The sad thing is that Biden could easily come out and say "damn, i was really out of line, I'm sorry". Anyone who is honest about Biden expects the condescending apology where the issue isn't what he said you didn't excuse him for it.

"Listen up folks! Heres the deal. I know black people, my Vice President was one of them when I was in the White House. What I said wasn't wrong, you took it wrong! You might not have liked what I said but I'm the best you're going to get. Now just stop being uppity and get with the program".
    He did. I'm curious about your response to this.