Poll: Best Dungeon

7+ Year Old Account

What do you consider to be the best launch dungeon in BFA?

So what do you all consider to be the best dungeon blizzard has created in BFA excluding Operation Mechagon as that came later during the expansion's life and I am more interested in opinions about the other dungeons?

Personally I felt Freehold was my favorite as I enjoyed the bosses and aesthetics, it didn't feel like cancer on mythic +, and I felt trash was at a manageable level compared to some of the others

Freehold and mechagon feel like they were the only ones designed with the affixes they chose for M+ in mind. So of the launch ones freehold wins. The rest have way too narrow hallways for things like sanguine or are just extremely linear and boring.

Waycrest Manor. I love the theme. Should have made a raid of it instead. But we are getting Castle Nathria in Shadowlands, so nice compromise. Love those kind of themes.

Also like Shrine of the Storm.

From a standard dungeon viewpoint, I liked Waycrest Manor the most. For mythic keystones, it is not very fun on certain weeks.

For mythic keystones, I liked Freehold the most. But as a dungeon, I don't really enjoy Freehold; it just is usually one of the least painful ones to run.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    From a standard dungeon viewpoint, I liked Waycrest Manor the most. For mythic keystones, it is not very fun on certain weeks.

For mythic keystones, I liked Freehold the most. But as a dungeon, I don't really enjoy Freehold; it just is usually one of the least painful ones to run.
    Same. Underrot was a close second running mythic plus and I also liked Tol Dagor for the scenery.

The worst dungeon for me would be Shrine of the Storm hands down.

King's Rest, Zul is awesome.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Waycrest is my favorite dungeon, but as a launch dungeon (and still to this day) there were plenty of bugs that weren't fixed. Underrot and Freehold were probably the best dungeons throughout the entire expansion, and especially at launch.

Most of the Alliance themed dungeons are absolutely horrendous. Tol Dagor is an absolute piece of shit and easily the worst dungeon by far. Gimmicky mechanics? Check. Shit being pulled through the wall? Check. Last boss having extreme RnG? Check. A close runner up would be Boralus with it's gimmicky spotter mechanic and the dumb last boss with it's numerous pathing issues on the final platform. Shrine is actually a decent dungeon since the thousands of changes to it, but it's still way too interrupt heavy.

I won't miss many of the BFA dungeons, even though some of them are good. Tol Dagor and Siege of Boralus are just that bad lol.

Underrot for me. It's short, and has a mixture of creepiness and cuteness to it. Final boss has a pretty unique mechanic, and overall the bosses aren't too complicated, but are still interesting.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Probably Waycrest. Have grown to love Motherlode and Sethralis quite a lot too. I really wish I could say Tol Dagor because I think it's super awesome in design and the idea of infiltrating a prison through the sewers and fighting your way to the roof where the last boss is - so much awesome potential there. But all the bugs just make it quite rough.

Underrot for me! Although i did love Kings' Rest on launch too (Dazar fight was so fun)

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked Atal quite a bit. Waycrest manor is on the bottom of the list however, I can't learn its map at all -_-
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Underrot, it's linear, bosses have interesting mechanics, there's trash variety, it's indoors but you can mount and have enough space to maneuver.

Motherlode would be close up there of not of 3 seasons of mandatory death skip. Only now we're spared this crap. Dungeons should never be designed in a way that you always, always want to skip specific area, no matter the affix or group comp.

Freehold has annoying mini games like the dog week that was another "mandatory rogue" mechanic. Also the stupid RP before the shark boss together with the pig.

Waycrest idea with every week different doors are open is very very annoying, some routes are just awful (I hate the balcony with the birds route, it feels super slow and long). Also the jumping adds after 4th boss basically force you to bug them out so they don't jump, or have people being 1-shot. This is dumb design, you shouldn't be forced and rewarded for finding exploits like "how to bug the trash out so it doesn't do any mechanics". Atal has some packs like that too, that if you bug them out they don't do anything. Temple is another example of buggy mess, it was even removed from MDI because the orb room could bug out and force a rerun. Tol Dagor, no words for this garbage, last patch of expac and mobs still pull through walls, floors and ceilings.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2020-05-23 at 12:33 AM.

For general feel and aesthetics? Waycrest Manor, though I also like King's Rest alot.

For Mythic+? Freehold, that dungeon is a breeze regardless of affix combination.

Motherlode was my personal favorite first time through, pure fun.
    Underrot was great for Mythic Plus.
    Temple of Sethraliss has the best gimmicks: orb toss & loa buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkess View Post
    So what do you all consider to be the best dungeon blizzard has created in BFA excluding Operation Mechagon as that came later during the expansion's life and I am more interested in opinions about the other dungeons?

Personally I felt Freehold was my favorite as I enjoyed the bosses and aesthetics, it didn't feel like cancer on mythic +, and I felt trash was at a manageable level compared to some of the others
    Freehold and Waycrest were my launch favorites, but Operation Mechagon is my favorite from the whole expansion.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Waycrest flavourwise, but not gameplay wise. I HATE this claustrophobic feeling, you have no overview and nameplates are all over the place. May be fine for a cleave class, but try multidotting there, it's a nightmare. It's the only dungeon I avoid running based on layout alone.

I like the Temple of Sethraliss best. The traps are nice, bossfights are somewhat different and the opening of the snakemouth sequence is cool!

Depends entirely on whether you judge the dungeons on their ow nmerit, or whether you factor in that you spent most of the time with them in the form of M+.

That being said I chose Waycrest. I do think Freehold is better as a M+ dungeon, but Waycrest is just such an interesting dungeon to run in comparision, from the music to the design and boss fights. Gorak Tul is a bit of a letdown at the end but it is weighed against the Coven and Construct boss fights.
    Amd while I would give my usual "most innovative dungeon" award to Siege of Boralus it was just too poorly designed when it came to M+ to seriously consider for favorite.

Hopefully dungeons in Shadowlands manage to juggle M+ better, the lakc of AoE will certainly help the devs design dungeons more conservatively, but we shall see.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Voted Boralus, but when I think about my most epic experience it must be Shrine.

Setting my foot in there and going deeper and deeper to finally find the ship I was so satisfied.
    It felt like I really fought my way inside instead of just slap enemies or go in circles.

I do feel BfA had good dungeons, but I also feel lile they were too focused on mythic+ and too little on RP

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Freehold and Waycrest were my launch favorites, but Operation Mechagon is my favorite from the whole expansion.
    I love FH and especially Waycrest, probably because I'm a real sucker for those "haunted house" environments. Those dungeons feel like what BfA should have been imo: a more "relaxed", down to earth expansion, where we fight pirates or witches instead of the Starcraft-lite stuff from Legion - or MoP 2.0, for that matter.

But Mechagon... God, I hate that place with a passion. Ran exactly one +15 Junkyard and one +15 Workshop for the achievement, and I'm not touching that place ever again.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really, REALLY like Waycrest Manor, but the tight corridors are something I was never a fan of. Other than that it's up there as one of my favourites.

I really liked the combination of mechanics, aesthetic and music in Shrine of the Storm. I think it's my favourite overall, but there really isn't a dungeon I disliked in this expansion, regardless of other flaws it may have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.