Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jar-Mon View Post
    ...am I honestly the only one who believes the designers are now done with Allied Races because "That was a BfA thing" and are simply moving on?

- - - Updated - - -

Playing humorous Devil's Advocate: Technically there was Medivh... ;P
    They've said in interviews over and over their planning on continuing with Allied races, they just aren't planned for the launch of Shadowlands

Unlike Kul Tirans, Alteraci humans don't look different AT ALL. They're also a whole bunch of traitors that make up a majority of Ravenholdt. Lightbound orcs are trapped in an alternate timeline that is now 100% inaccessable.

There are problems with this, but none are insurmountable. I like this quite a bit actually.

Nice job OP.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Unlike Kul Tirans, Alteraci humans don't look different AT ALL.
    Eh, the idea for the playable Kul Tirans being different from playable Stormwindians was conceived at BFA; even though the Kul Tirans were already around since Vanilla. We could do the same for Alteraci. I would suggest the playable Alteraci would be of younger build like a young adult around 17-22 and different skeletons/animations for distinguishment
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

I think they should get the thin human option and not Kul Tirans. Since they used the forsaken female to make the thin human male, it stands to reason the thin human female would simply be based on the forsaken male skeleton. This would be the perfect excuse to reuse the forsaken skeletons for an AR, and since Alterac was Horde-aligned, the skeletons will also remain on their parent faction. This way you avoid another Nightborne/VE situation.

While I love the idea of Alteraci and even think the Lightbound Orc concept is cool, I'd rather see Alliance get saberon to reuse the worgen skeleton for their AR and, once again, keep the skeletons on their parent faction instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    They've said in interviews over and over their planning on continuing with Allied races, they just aren't planned for the launch of Shadowlands
    They say a lot of things...

I still remember Ion saying "You're going to have to kill every single one of them" about the Nightborne.

I'm more than betting that they've shelved the idea, and are taking what team they have left and just focus on Shadowlands - and hope people/fans will just be arguing Shadowlands mechanics too much to remember the Allied Races were a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jar-Mon View Post
    They say a lot of things...

I still remember Ion saying "You're going to have to kill every single one of them" about the Nightborne.

I'm more than betting that they've shelved the idea, and are taking what team they have left and just focus on Shadowlands - and hope people/fans will just be arguing Shadowlands mechanics too much to remember the Allied Races were a thing.
    New Races are an extremely easy way to entice people, I doubt they'll throw away the entire system just because "It'S a BfA tHiNg" the mission table was a WoD thing and they kept in both Legion and BfA, Blizz clearly likes the system so odds are they'll keep it so they have a good excuse to reuse player skeletons for races that would otherwise be too high effort to be done mid expansion, for example say they want to put Satyrs on the Horde roster and Furbolgs on Alliance instead of creating entirely new skeletons they can instead use modified draenei and orc animations instead

3+ Year Old Account
    I'm so happy High Elves as an allied race will never be a thing so more chances for these ones.

I still haven't come up with a better storyline for the Lightbound but here's the best I thought of so far:

Yrel and her Lightbound arrive on Azeroth after Alternate Draenor eventually breaks, and their ships makes a crash landing in Azshara (Draka sabotaged their vessel before the Lightbound eventually captured and killed her). They wage war towards those who aren't believers of the Light and those who have different traditions and cultures as them. Eventually, Geyarah and Baine asks the Alliance for help despite Turalyon's hesitation (Alleria reminded him of her and the Void Elves, Night Elves, and Kul Tirans). The adventurer also seeks out Khadgar in Karazhan and Dalaran for help and so later on Khadgar finally meets Yrel again and asks her to stop her crusade. Yrel adamantly refuses and she then insults Turalyon and Fareeya for tolerating the Void Elves and those of different faiths. She also berates the Blood Elves for allying themselves with the non-believers and she calls the Sunwalkers and Prelates as "blasphemous".

Yrel is eventually killed in the encounter after her stubborn and foolhardy crusade. The surviving Lightbound eventually stands down and surrenders. Exarch Garrosh Hellscream later on offers to make amends for the Alliance given that the Horde will never accept them. Turalyon agrees but he also warns that the Lightbound remain tolerant of everyone in Azeroth and be less radical and so he absorbs the Lightbound Draenei to his fold and the Lightbound Orcs are free to be led by Exarch Garrosh. Exarch Garrosh offers to claim the defunct Horde settlements in Ashenvale and Azuremyst Isles near Exodar, so he could help the Night Elves fully reclaim their territories again. The adventurer then guides the Lightbound Draenei to Turalyon and Fareeya to welcome them in their ranks. Then he goes back to Exarch Garrosh to help him make amends to the Horde and reflect that the Mag'har will never accept his people in their ranks, and so he later on makes his decision to join the Alliance. Finally, he arrives at the Alliance Embassy where he pledges himself and his people to their cause,
    I'm also not sure if Beve Perenolde is still canonically alive but perhaps I'll insert her when I have better ideas for the Alteraci storyline
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

MOre orc.. more humans.. No... something different plz.. Twin head ogre or something like that.

I'd be ok with Alterac humans joining the horde. (maybe as an undead allied race?)

But no orcs in Alliance, please. Only good orc is a dead orc and you can't TK in wow.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Well, Alterac was allied with the Horde during the Second War
    I wouldn't make them a race though. They are just humans

So are Kul Tirans and Gilneans.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    MOre orc.. more humans.. No... something different plz.. Twin head ogre or something like that.
    Ogres, Furbolgs, etc. would be Core Races though since they aren't derivatives of existing Core Races

3+ Year Old Account
    eek deviantart doesn't allow copy-pasting its artworks with their URLs

https://www.deviantart.com/lost-in-c...erac-136010136

This is a very nice concept of Alterac City. I wish I had a decent PC to run Reforged and recreate it in the World Editor

3+ Year Old Account
    I haven't thought of any strategic positions of the Lightbound Orcs but I added for Alteraci Human.

Basically, their land and position can help stall the Alliance from going north to Lordaeron and Quel'thalas.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    I haven't thought of any strategic positions of the Lightbound Orcs but I added for Alteraci Human.

Basically, their land and position can help stall the Alliance from going north to Lordaeron and Quel'thalas.
    Well I believe in the militaristic sense the Alliance would try to have Lightbound Orc forces present throughout the army, similar to what they would logically do with the Lightforged Draenei. Priests and Paladins have been instrumental to the Alliance since day one, so having more forces with a strong affinity for the Light helps with everything from domestic conflicts to foreign wars.

Another logical use for the Lightbound Orcs would be in a diplomatic sense. Despite their affiliations, the Lightbound are still Orcs and they still share most of their history with the others. Sure there would be animosity from the Mag'har who fled from their zealotry, but they are nonetheless in a unique position to influence the Horde through diplomacy. Or espionage for that matter, since the Lightbound would likely have no trouble blending with the common rabble of the Orgrimmar streets.
    Last edited by Sagenod; 2020-06-13 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    Well I believe in the most realistic sense the Alliance would try to have Lightbound Orc forces present throughout the army, similar to what they would logically do with the Lightforged Draenei. Priests and Paladins have been instrumental to the Alliance since day one, so having more forces with a strong affinity for the Light helps with everything from domestic conflicts to foreign wars.

Another logical use for the Lightbound Orcs would be in a diplomatic sense. Despite their affiliations, the Lightbound are still Orcs and they still share most of their history with the others. Sure there would be animosity from the Mag'har who fled from their zealotry, but they are nonetheless in a unique position to influence the Horde through diplomacy. Or espionage for that matter, since the Lightbound would likely have no trouble blending with the common rabble of the Orgrimmar streets.
    But wouldn't the LB Orcs look more glowy? The LB Draenei have glowing runes on their bodies as well as glowing eyes.
    Last edited by Mungho; 2020-06-13 at 04:28 PM. Reason: misspelling

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    But wouldn't the LB Orcs like more glowy? The LB Draenei have glowing runes on their bodies as well as glowing eyes.
    Perhaps they would, but those are things you could reasonably hide easier than being an entirely different race, ya know? Illusions and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    Perhaps they would, but those are things you could reasonably hide easier than being an entirely different race, ya know? Illusions and stuff
    Or by just wearing a hooded cloak
    Edit: potentially a Human Spy could operate successfully if they could pass themselves off as a forsaken, though they'd have to do a bit more than slap a cloak on, they'd have to find a way to mimic the posture, mannerisms, and smell of a walking corpse
    Last edited by Psykho; 2020-06-13 at 04:28 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    saw some spoilers of Shadows Rising and I thought I should add something. Added some Shadowlands spoilers

Ergh... no, thanks.