I'm thinking that Harris has this pretty much tied up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Doubtful given her history as a DA. Given the moment, that's likely more of a liability than an asset.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    I'm not even worried about 4 more years of Trump, not that I think he'll win. I'm worried about the next Trump that isn't an incompetent moron if Biden wins the election, because it's seems he is going to try and do as little as possible. Much like he has done throughout his campaigning. As little as possible.
    The next trump isn't likely gonna be an incompetent moron regardless of Biden.

And of course you're not even worried about 4 more years of Trump, because you're a willing pawn to the republican party by choosing to suppress your own vote.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2020-06-18 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    The next trump isn't likely gonna be an incompetent moron regardless of Biden.
    *laughs in tom cotton*

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    *laughs in tom cotton*
    It'll be tom cotton, maybe ted cruz will give it another go. the GOP is just shit all over.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2020-06-18 at 11:54 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    No way - Harris is a distant third/fourth, at best - and her baggage is a LOT to take on. CA doesn't make any sense for a location of a VP pick. Abrams and Dennings are both WoC, and come from states that would really stir up voter turnout and excitement in the south. Warren would be third/fourth because she is fucking awesome, and had a large following.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    I'm quite happy about voting for Biden at this point, but I keep wondering why he's not out there daily on CNN or MSNBC or hell, even Fox. Why isn't he making himself visible and showing the difference between an actual leader and the Nazi shitstain we have for a President? I'd like to see him getting people excited for him but it just feels like since he's got the nomination he's just assuming that he wins because people despise Trump so much. And maybe that's true, but it's extremely cynical if that's the case.
    So close ... almost got it.

Now imagine the guys that run CNN or MSNBC are the cynical people!
    Blasting Trumps mentions twelve to one because ... profits.

MSNBC isnt a fucking charity.

- - - Updated - - -

Also

I wonder if a certain Fox News addict watching this in the White House, is gonna flip out?

I know some people here are gonna flip out.
    Government Affiliated Snark

I'm quite happy about voting for Biden at this point, but I keep wondering why he's not out there daily on CNN or MSNBC or hell, even Fox. Why isn't he making himself visible and showing the difference between an actual leader and the Nazi shitstain we have for a President? I'd like to see him getting people excited for him but it just feels like since he's got the nomination he's just assuming that he wins because people despise Trump so much. And maybe that's true, but it's extremely cynical if that's the case.
    https://zogbyanalytics.com/news/943-...n-has-dementia

according to this poll, 55% believe he has early stages of dementia. Maybe he doesn't want that number to go higher.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    I'm pretty certain Biden's VP pick will be Val Demings. Strategically her being picked will help him lock in his lead in Florida.
    https://www.cltampa.com/news-views/p...lute-shit-show

Which brings me to the case of Fernando Trinidad. On April 12, 2007, Trinidad, an off-duty Orlando cop working security at a downtown nightclub, pushed a woman down a flight of stairs, badly injuring her ankle, then lied about what happened to his fellow officers. The woman, who was arrested on the basis of Trinidad’s lies, lost her job and would likely have spent time in prison had a surveillance video not exposed the truth. When all of this came to light, the OPD’s Internal Affairs Division decided that Trinidad—who, in February 2008, left voicemails on a woman’s phone, threatening, “If I ever fucking see you, you’re going to get the biggest fucking smack in your face, the biggest fucking smack,” according to court documents—had engaged in conduct unbecoming an officer and had falsified police records.

As punishment, he would lose two vacation days.

Val Demings, the deputy chief of police, thought that was too steep a price for Trinidad to pay. She reduced the punishment to one lost vacation day
    I hope she is the pick too. Stuff like this can only help in this new age of democrat fearmongering over police.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Because there isn't really a lot he can do right now insofar as actually leading is concerned. He can make speeches, which he is doing, and point out the multitude calamities plaguing the Dipshit White House, and explain what should have been done - and he's doing that as well. There is also a lot to be said for letting Trump destroy himself. With Trump's daily unhinged Tweetstorms that just dig his own hole deeper, Biden really doesn't have a lot of options aside from "I'm a better choice that him".

Plus, right now there is enough in the news cycle with Trump imploding that Biden might not get any attention. Because all he can really do right now is give speeches - which, again, he is doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post

according to this poll, 55% believe he has early stages of dementia. Maybe he doesn't want that number to go higher.
    Zogby Analytics, the Worst Pollster In The World?

And yep, it's an opt-in Internet poll, so it's exactly the worst kind of bullshit.

There really isn't any dumpster you won't dive into headfirst in your quest for propaganda points, is there?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Doubtful given her history as a DA. Given the moment, that's likely more of a liability than an asset.
    On the contrary.
    This about politics, not feel good moments. The DNC is looking for stability
    Harris is a compromise. She's not the idealogue for the moment or flavor of the day. She's someone that a moderate Republican can tolerate
    In short, she's a good choice that can be the next president if need be.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    On the contrary.
    This about politics, not feel good moments. The DNC is looking for stability
    Harris is a compromise. She's not the idealogue for the moment or flavor of the day. She's someone that a moderate Republican can tolerate
    In short, she's a good choice that can be the next president if need be.
    Biden is the candidate moderate Republicans can tolerate. The VP candidate is the person we need to get the base riled up and out to vote.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Zogby Analytics, the Worst Pollster In The World?

And yep, it's an opt-in Internet poll, so it's exactly the worst kind of bullshit.

There really isn't any dumpster you won't dive into headfirst in your quest for propaganda points, is there?
    TexasLies is just desperate for attention right now. His Dear Leader is reeling, and there is nothing to point towards as a "pro" for voting Trump (as if there ever was) so all the Trumpkins have left is attack the Dem presumptive nominee.

Infracted - Keep it Civil
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2020-06-19 at 01:58 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.cltampa.com/news-views/p...lute-shit-show

I hope she is the pick too. Stuff like this can only help in this new age of democrat fearmongering over police.
    Hey TexasLiar, did you ever own up to being wrong about the tear gas?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Trump’s healthcare involve polling to determine ones condition? If that’s the case... #TrumpIsNotWell was trending on twitter:

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a9569531.html

TrumpCare... free access to online polling health evaluation. (It’s cancer...)

- - - Updated - - -

Was the Bundies taking over the wild life refuge in a stand off with cops completely forgotten? Do you forget how conservatives huddled around Bundy grazing rights, to the point of talking about sending out women and children as shield in their shoot out with cops? Let me guess... cow grazing and cutting down trees, is a better cause to fight cops, than racial justice?

Want to tell us how Ruby Ridge was a liberal plot and not the foundation of the extreme right rhetoric?

In case you can’t tell... that right winger is going ape shit on a cop...
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-06-19 at 02:39 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Was the Bundies taking over the wild life refuge in a stand off with cops completely forgotten? Do you forget how conservatives huddled around Bundy grazing rights, to the point of talking about sending out women and children as shield in their shoot out with cops? Let me guess... cow grazing and cutting down trees, is a better cause to fight cops, than racial justice?

Want to tell us how Ruby Ridge was a liberal plot and not the foundation of the extreme right rhetoric?

In case you can’t tell... that right winger is going ape shit on a cop...
    Could you imagine what would happen if a group of black people armed themselves up to the teeth and blockaded a state House? And people ask why Trump has to go....
    Last edited by cubby; 2020-06-19 at 03:37 AM.

Klobucher withdraws from VP consideration, tells Lawrence O'Donnell on his show tonight that she told Biden last night that he should pick a woman of color to be his VP.

So I'm guessing Abrams/Demings is the pick, I doubt Klobuchar would say something like that publicly if Joe hadn't given her the indication it was happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Could imagine what would happen if a group of black people armed themselves up to the teeth and blockaded a state House? And people ask why Trump has to go....
    My problem is that I can’t tell if this is put on or is there really this much cognitive dissonance? Attacking cops is part of extreme right rhetoric... Not because of some perceived injustice, but due to the elites controlling individual rights. It’s also explicitly to attack cops, not a Fox News perversion of peaceful protestors. Like... getting shot while trying to ram cops blocking you in, because you just took over federal land... not because of some injustice against anyone, but because people got jailed for cutting down trees on government land. People who pleaded with them to get the fuck out, but they insisted on fighting cops to the bitter end... an unfortunate conclusion that did befall one of them... while trying to run over cops with his car.

Edit: The majority of the fight for gun ownership, is for the ability to shoot cops, if the government over steps their bounds. The literal argument cops use to explain their reliance and over use of guns... is the fear from a population that has the second amendment. If they listened to the cops, who are blaming the second amendment... I don’t think there would be as much defense of cops, as when it pertains to social justice.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-06-19 at 03:19 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    snip.
    Alot of the 2A people arrive at fascism a different way to outright white supremacists. If you go and watch that early covid protest you can see people saying things like 'they are just doing thier jobs' when squaring up to the cops. They want the police (and the govenment) to be the agent of thier fascist fantasys. Where as the WS are usually anti-cop because they want thier fantasy of a utopian white country will only be possible with state collapse.

Different roads to the same destination. Ive seen other roads on this forum that Skroe guy was on a road to fash via American supremacy, really loved the myths of exceptionalism etc.

So there is nuance in who is anti police on the xrw, and who is just mad because they think the cops should be on thier side. (which to be fair they often are, just look at what the militia and proud boy type groups get away with and how close they work with police). A cop sees a black guy in all black clothing and a woman with pink hair and then sees a white boy in a fred perry who do you think hes gonna pal with?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    Alot of the 2A people arrive at fascism a different way to outright white supremacists. If you go and watch that early covid protest you can see people saying things like 'they are just doing thier jobs' when squaring up to the cops. They want the police (and the govenment) to be the agent of thier fascist fantasys. Where as the WS are usually anti-cop because they want thier fantasy of a utopian white country will only be possible with state collapse.
    The 2A crew tend to be traditional fascists, which is rather ironic since the 2A is rather contrary to an oppressive fascist regime. But since they see themselves as "police allies", they're basically the sort of fascist idiot who tattles on their neighbor because they want the government to know they're "on their side".
    The WS crew tend to be anarcho-fascists. Where the 2A crew see a strong state that "enforces rights"(their right to wave their guns in other people's faces), the WS types want a stat that is fascist towards minorities but otherwise ambivalent towards the actions of whites. They have to have this setup because the WS types want to be able to run around shooting minorities and not get punished for it. So, fascism for everyone else, anarchy for themselves.

It's amazing the sort of logical hoops these folks will make in order to reconcile their gun-toting anarchist fantasies (because that they share) with their love of a strong-man authoritarian state. It's like "do as I say, not as I do" took human form.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    The 2A crew tend to be traditional fascists, which is rather ironic since the 2A is rather contrary to an oppressive fascist regime. But since they see themselves as "police allies", they're basically the sort of fascist idiot who tattles on their neighbor because they want the government to know they're "on their side".
    The WS crew tend to be anarcho-fascists. Where the 2A crew see a strong state that "enforces rights"(their right to wave their guns in other people's faces), the WS types want a stat that is fascist towards minorities but otherwise ambivalent towards the actions of whites. They have to have this setup because the WS types want to be able to run around shooting minorities and not get punished for it. So, fascism for everyone else, anarchy for themselves.

It's amazing the sort of logical hoops these folks will make in order to reconcile their gun-toting anarchist fantasies (because that they share) with their love of a strong-man authoritarian state. It's like "do as I say, not as I do" took human form.
    yea we are both still massively generalising because of all the subcultures, i.e Ayran nations are going to have massive differences from Groypers although with similar crossovers. The same way a local militia group (especially border groups) will have nuances in ideology with street fighting groups like patriot prayer but again broad crossovers etc.

In the UK whenever Tommy robinsons fascist street movement does a little protest, people from much more hardcore groups (GI, NA, 09A, Sonnenkrieg etc) will go and recruit there because half of the work into radicalising them has already been done. Its broadly the same in the US.

I suppose its all about dominance which is why there are so many roads to the same destination for alot of people.