Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Prove it. Prove they pulled him because they believe her 100%? it is just as likely and far more likely that they pulled him to be on the safe side until the matter is resolved and have no position on wether he is guilty or not. You made an assumption based on nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

The only one with bias is you. You flat out said "I hate him, therefore he is guilty". I have not said he is guilty or innocent. And your doubling down further proves you are the one with bias. Again, you are being asinine.
    Prove it? Dude, they removed his character from wow same day he was accused. It’s that obvious.
    Method did same thing, cutting ties with some members, because of accusations.
    Blizzard cut ties with swift same day he was accused guilty or not.

But be a stubborn ass, cba replying further

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I can literally fire you because you came to work with a black hat, instead of a white one in PA (unsure of other at-will states), without repercussion.

I can literally bar you from my business because I don't like the way you look (again, unless the "look" is a protected class - I'm talking attire). The way you smell. The way you handle yourself. All without repercussion. Outside of being in a protected class, I cannot be ordered to do business with you.

Not trying to argue, just stating facts.
    you did notice i said outside US about the firing right and also added that there are other ways to fire that would cover most grounds with rare exceptions.
    true you can bare me with any reason, the thing is I mentioned baring me on reason on theft that is not proven and cant be proved, now it is a matter of slader so i can do something against that, does not mean i can use your establishment but i can still something against you for slandering me.

Quote Originally Posted by Omgwhat View Post
    Prove it? Dude, they removed his character from wow same day he was accused. It’s that obvious.
    Method did same thing, cutting ties with some members, because of accusations.
    Blizzard cut ties with swift same day he was accused guilty or not.

But be a stubborn ass, cba replying further
    yes, they removed the character because it doesn't matter if he is guilty or not, the risk to Blizzard is unacceptable either way.

Look at Method burning and/or dead because of their association with Josh and tell me why any business would risk being connected to someone accused of sexual assault.

If this blows over and Swifty is innocent its an easy fix to put him back in the game. literally a minute of work probably. But the cost of not acting could run into hundreds of millions if it blows up and sponsors start walking way.
    It makes absolutely no sense for Blizzard to take that risk, guilty or not. The internet is on fire over all these stories coming out. This is a time to act quick and be safe for a major company.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Right... because as we all know, Western justice is based on "guilty until proven innocent"
    The court of law and the court of public opinion isnt the same thing. You know that right?

Please tell me you know that...

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    yes, they removed the character because it doesn't matter if he is guilty or not, the risk to Blizzard is unacceptable either way.

Look at Method burning and/or dead because of their association with Josh and tell me why any business would risk being connected to someone accused of sexual assault.

If this blows over and Swifty is innocent its an easy fix to put him back in the game. literally a minute of work probably. But the cost of not acting could run into hundreds of millions if it blows up and sponsors start walking way.
    It makes absolutely no sense for Blizzard to take that risk, guilty or not. The internet is on fire over all these stories coming out. This is a time to act quick and be safe for a major company.
    Exactly. Bellular made a video about method and mentioned that the normal procedure would be to put Josh on administrative leave (or suspended pending investigations). What Blizzard did was basically put Switfy's in-game presence on administrative leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    What risk? Nobody would give a shit about "not removing his npc" because of some twitter post.
    Blizzard shot themselves in foot.

https://youtu.be/dLwXfukSI_Y?t=460
    Asmon already called them "pussy ass baby dick limp dick fucking cowardly companies" to 20-40k people on his stream.
    And this part is what I agree with him.

IMO, removing it immediately put them at much higher risk than doing nothing. This thread would probably not even exist if not for blizzard "acting".

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    What risk? Nobody would give a shit about "not removing his npc" because of some twitter post.

Asmon already called them "pussy ass baby dick limp dick fucking cowardly companies" to 20-40k people on his stream.

IMO, removing it immediately put them at much higher risk than doing nothing. This thread would probably not even exist if not for blizzard "acting".
    Some streamer that bitches plenty about WoW already bitching a bit more is completely insignificant compared to even the remote potential risk of a sponsor walking away.
    Your talking hundreds of millions of potential damage here, even if that chance is remote.

It is simply not worth the risk in any way, shape or form.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Out of all the scandals that have surfaced recently, Swifty's is actually the most disgusting and terrible. The only reason some people are still being able to defend him without completely losing face is that there is no legal-style evidence and only account of two victims, as well as Swifty's denial of everything.

It's kind of funny actually, because both Bay (FinalBossTV) and Method Co-Ceo (forgot his name) owned up to their mistakes and apologized. In an ideal world, those people should have it better than someone who just outright denies everything and pretends he did nothing wrong. Paradoxically, this has ended up much worse for them than for Swifty who just plays a saint accused by an angry ex.

Out of all those stories, the one about Swifty was the one that disgusted me the most. I'm glad Blizzard wiped him out of the game. Fuck the people who are defending him. What he did to that woman is inexcusable, even if his army of lawyers forces her to walk her testimony back, which is what is probably going to happen.

Sadly, the lesson coming from all this is that owning up to your sins and apologizing is the worst thing you can do because if you just deny everything fanboys will fight for you and believe whatever you say.

PS. It's even worse when you actually think about what all of them did. Bay and that MethodGuy basically thought a woman was into them and groped them / made some unwanted sexual advances. That's obviously unnaceptable, but if you compare it to a long term mental abuse, sexual exploitation, rape, extortion, it suddenly doesn't look that grim.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2020-06-27 at 12:10 PM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post
    While "male" and "female" can be adjectives, they're also nouns. As distasteful as it is to refer to women as 'females' it's not wrong grammar-wise. Just a bit dehumanizing.
    I was not beeing more distastefull towards women i think both are equally bad. Hence the use of males.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Out of all the scandals that have surfaced recently, Swifty's is actually the most disgusting and terrible. The only reason some people are still being able to defend him without completely losing face is that there is no legal-style evidence and only account of two victims, as well as Swifty's denial of everything.

It's kind of funny actually, because both Bay (FinalBossTV) and Method Co-Ceo (forgot his name) owned up to their mistakes and apologized. In an ideal world, those people should have it better than someone who just outright denies everything and pretends he did nothing wrong. Paradoxically, this has ended up much worse for them than for Swifty who just plays a saint accused by an angry ex.

Out of all those stories, the one about Swifty was the one that disgusted me the most. I'm glad Blizzard wiped him out of the game. Fuck the people who are defending him. What he did to that woman is inexcusable, even if his army of lawyers forces her to walk her testimony back, which is what is probably going to happen.

Sadly, the lesson coming from all this is that owning up to your sins and apologizing is the worst thing you can do because if you just deny everything fanboys will fight for you and believe whatever you say.
    Except this case is different. This is the only one where a female came out and said this shit is not true. Look up Mia Rose's defense of Swifty. She states his accuser is a sexually aggresive drunk, and has photos of her frocing her tongue down peoples throats

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfelle View Post
    Except this case is different. This is the only one where a female came out and said this shit is not true. Look up Mia Rose's defense of Swifty. She states his accuser is a sexually aggresive drunk, and has photos of her frocing her tongue down peoples throats
    I've seen that. The whole thing seems as a desperate staged attempt to defend Swifty by slut shaming the victim. Even if she put her tongue into 1000 people's mouths it still doesn't excuse what was done to her.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

PS. It's even worse when you actually think about what all of them did. Bay and that MethodGuy basically thought a woman was into them and groped them / made some unwanted sexual advances. That's obviously unnaceptable, but if you compare it to a long term mental abuse, sexual exploitation, rape, extortion, it suddenly doesn't look that grim.
    The only part worth outraging about is the "blindfold" part.
    I dont understand why Takarita didnt simply walk away. Was she some kind of Hobo or something?
    She was in a relationship with swifty...

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post

I really hope Asmon's video makes it to Blizzard and they decide to sue the fuck out of that douche canoe for slander.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    The only part worth outraging about is the "blindfold" part.
    I dont understand why Takarita didnt simply walk away. Was she some kind of Hobo or something?
    One thing I hate about all this is that I keep hearing textbook misogynist arguments that are used to attack the victims.

"Why didn't she walk away"...can't try harder than that?

She was emotionally and monetarily reliant on him. Just like every wife in the world suffering from abuse from her husband doesn't walk away, even though she obviously has a pair of legs and often still has family so there is technically a possibility of running to them from the abusive spouse.

People who are preyed upon aren't strong. That's kind of the whole reason it happens to them in the first place. Saying it's their fault for not leaving is one of the more disgusting takes you can have.

"You could have just walked away" is an indefensible non-argument, that can by the way be theoretically applied to any situation, and it doesn't work ever. Harassed at work? Quit your job. Harassed in the army? Quit the army. Harassed at home? Move out....it's not that simple, and I always wonder whether people genuinely don't get that, or are they just using this BS excuse to defend their idols, who turn out to be disgusting predators.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh its just a Npc. If its true they did the right thing early, if it aint they can just add it back later.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I've seen that. The whole thing seems as a desperate staged attempt to defend Swifty by slut shaming the victim. Even if she put her tongue into 1000 people's mouths it still doesn't excuse what was done to her.
    You're missing what I'm saying and the meaning on Mia's tweet.

She's not slut shaming. She's stating that none of that shit is true. She's saying that Taka is the aggressor/manipulator, not Swifty. And has picture proof, whereas Taka has no proof.

So you automatically deeming Swifty guilty and Taka innocent, when there is more evidence in Swifty's favor is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I really hope Asmon's video makes it to Blizzard and they decide to sue the fuck out of that douche canoe for slander.
    I doubt they would win. He is douche but he was also right. Half milion views in 2 days and counting.

- - - Updated - - -

One thing I hate about all this is that I keep hearing textbook misogynist arguments that are used to attack the victims.

She was emotionally and monetarily reliant on him. Just like every wife in the world suffering from abuse from her husband doesn't walk away, even though she obviously has a pair of legs and often still has family so there is technically a possibility of running to them from the abusive spouse.

People who are preyed upon aren't strong. That's kind of the whole reason it happens to them in the first place. Saying it's their fault for not leaving is one of the more disgusting takes you can have.

"You could have just walked away" is an indefensible non-argument, that can by the way be theoretically applied to any situation, and it doesn't work ever. Harassed at work? Quit your job. Harassed in the army? Quit the army. Harassed at home? Move out....it's not that simple, and I always wonder whether people genuinely don't get that, or are they just using this BS excuse to defend their idols, who turn out to be disgusting predators.
    Dude, you realize that shit might be completely or half made up? You are part of the problem, believing some random bullshit on twitter.
    Last edited by kaminaris; 2020-06-27 at 12:36 PM.

They should never be adding in twitch streamers as NPCs anyway.

You are telling me this woman had zero money when she went to swiftys house for the first time (and had a fiancé at the time)
    And continued to have zero money when she left the fiancé and stayed with swifty.
    Always no money
    She was just jumping around partners who had money?

And by the way, the story ends with her going to the parents house.

So she did have a choice all along.

She was not a prisoner.

She saw a job opportunity with swifty sure...and thats maybe why she continued staying with him?

Yeah yeah textbook missogynists blah blah, try this language maybe somewhere outside of a forum.
    You seem to have insight that this story is entirely true and have already passed verdict on the accused. I m not going to say anything like "why didnt she walk away" etc as I also think this is stupid.
    I m just going to ask how are you so sure that this is true given Takaritas record of being an incredibly unstable person with actions that could very well be characterized as those of a sexual predator? I m not slut shaming but "forcing yourself down peoples throats" is still FORCING. I dont care how many she did it with but whether she forced it or if it was consensual.
    In any case why should I believe shes not trying to paint herself a saint and wipe away her own accusations now that the chance has arisen?
    Why not wait untill this has been researched a bit further?
    I mean look at Johny Depps case.