Don't see how the cluster jewel changes benefit the top players. Cluster jewels with sockets as a mod were nigh unusable unless you fed insane amounts of currency into them. Two sockets guaranteed means they're usable without needing a level 75 one. The base item now is very easy to get; you just need 4 or 8 socket jewels and don't need ilvl outside of targeting specific notables. Raw power of perfect jewels is higher - that's not bad, you'lll get maybe 30 life out of such a perfect jewel.

Already have a Fire cluster with good enough notables. Just need to work out how to get the third notable, and how to turn my Medium jewels into good jewels.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are so many spectre builds with Slave Masters using Avatar of Fire and Elemental Equilibrium combo?

I don't understand. Slave Master specters are lightning damage right? Or they were like two leagues ago. . . right?

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Why are so many spectre builds with Slave Masters using Avatar of Fire and Elemental Equilibrium combo?

I don't understand. Slave Master specters are lightning damage right? Or they were like two leagues ago. . . right?
    EE causes a debuff, and the debuff depends on what attack you use. If you only deal fire damage, you will cause lightning vulnerability, which your slavedrivers will exploit.

It's the same with how you exploit Malachai's Artifice. You use Herald of Thunder in the ring, it can only cause Lightning damage, EE is localized to that lightning damage so your fire and cold damage benefits from all that ele penetration.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Minions don't trigger EE's effect. So whenever you hit an enemy with Fire damage, it'll get -50 lightning (and cold) resist for 5 sec, which your Slave Drivers can fully take advantage of, basically unconditionally.

Yeah, Avatar of Fire also doesn't apply to minions afaik, only to you, same as EE. So you remove the chance to do accidental lightning or cold damage and screwing up your spectres (slave drivers are lightning and redemption sentries are cold).

If you can get some fire damage on your attacks, you don't need Avatar.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    If you can get some fire damage on your attacks, you don't need Avatar.
    just use armageddon brand, aka the EE proc Brand.

if you are using RS just use Arc/Deathmark the rare/boss mobs
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    just use armageddon brand, aka the EE proc Brand.

if you are using RS just use Arc/Deathmark the rare/boss mobs
    Cyclone is a go-to skill to keep fortify on you, quick life-gain on hit, cwc something, or possibly curse on hit.

My favorite part about summonmancers are the various builds that exist under a similar concept.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Wth happened with exalt drops? Lvl 91, 3 days /played and I have seen none so far.
    And surprisingly, with the new buffs, the garden is starting to grow on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynx View Post
    Wth happened with exalt drops? Lvl 91, 3 days /played and I have seen none so far.
    And surprisingly, with the new buffs, the garden is starting to grow on me.
    This isn't a drop league, that's why. This league is all about crafting, and drops of currency/items have cratered. Best way to get currency is to craft something good in the garden and sell it.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can make mega money in some discord communities by selling crafts you don't need. Augment crits, speed and adding a new influence modifier go for 2 exalts each, while plenty of others are between 1 and higher as well. Remove 'X' add 'X' also sells just as well, in addition to the targeted annulment orbs.

I often get tipped by people if I get what they want too lol. Somebody gave me a 30ex neck for remove crit, add crit roll, and I proceeded to hit T1 max roll crit multi. He gave me an additional two exalts over the asking price.

In typical GGG fashion the rewards were bad for close to two weeks, but it's in a good place right now. The flower items help a lot for curbing RNG if you notice you have good seeds.

The season is stingy on drops, pushing you to trade things in a risky manner to make lots of coin, otherwise you can just use the crafts yourself. Great season for SSF. This league literally is designed for printing mirror tier items and 5 prop items with T1 to T3 rolls for a lot of people aren't out of reach. Tanks only holding 300 juice is so fucking dumb though, I wish they were bigger or just capable of upgrading them.

Hopefully lessons or aspects of this league are made core because it makes crafting fun, especially as somebody who stayed away from it as a general rule. Some aspects are way too strong, but that's okay.

Fought Sirus for the first time in my PoE 1.4k hours of playing at any end game boss. Man what an over-developed fight. Not a fan of it. Think I died, some of it to some bullshit that wasn't telegraphed at all (or if it was, lost in a vomitorium of red and black) or those dumbass storms that were closer than the visuals indicated.

Got him half health before using up the portals, then learned I have to get the conquerors again. I'm gonna take a break and just farm seeds to build up the gear some more.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2905208

Storage tanks going from a cap of 300 -> 1K, and there will be a new storage tank that's expensive that stores up to 5K. And more keyword highlighting for the crafting windows.

Man, I hate that leagues usually seem to start to get into a good spot halfway through. Really, really, really wish they'd move to doing 3 updates a year and taking that extra month to really look at the updates and work out the UX issues. Because a lot of these problems were obvious from the get-go (300 cap on storage tanks?...why?), and maybe it would give them more time to work on improvements like, I dunno, a new UI system to handle managing your damn farm so it's not a nightmare. Watching the life drain out of my brothers face as he started to reorganize his garden last night made me giggle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2905208

Storage tanks going from a cap of 300 -> 1K, and there will be a new storage tank that's expensive that stores up to 5K. And more keyword highlighting for the crafting windows.

Man, I hate that leagues usually seem to start to get into a good spot halfway through. Really, really, really wish they'd move to doing 3 updates a year and taking that extra month to really look at the updates and work out the UX issues. Because a lot of these problems were obvious from the get-go (300 cap on storage tanks?...why?), and maybe it would give them more time to work on improvements like, I dunno, a new UI system to handle managing your damn farm so it's not a nightmare. Watching the life drain out of my brothers face as he started to reorganize his garden last night made me giggle.
    4 month cycles would be amazing for the quality of the game, but i fear (with no real supporting evidence) that they have grown to depend on the income bursts that happen 4 times a year at the start of a new league. New leagues are incredibly exciting but i seriously think i am going to wait til at least week 2 of the next. To skip all the growing pains. I don't play trade so missing out on early league trade isnt a big deal.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Fought Sirus for the first time in my PoE 1.4k hours of playing at any end game boss. Man what an over-developed fight. Not a fan of it. Think I died, some of it to some bullshit that wasn't telegraphed at all (or if it was, lost in a vomitorium of red and black) or those dumbass storms that were closer than the visuals indicated
    Sirus is a full-on bullshit fight. Him teleporting off the screen and then blasting you with Die is an intended mechanic. On the bright side, once you work out his bullshit, you can kill him with starter builds - or you can do cheesy stuff like Shrieking Bolts Ballista and you only need to think about meteor maze.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Him teleporting off the screen and then blasting you with Die is an intended mechanic.
    My absolute favorite is walking back in if you died during that phase and walking directly into an off-screen beam you had literally no way of knowing was coming and being dead before you can even seen him. And by absolute favorite it makes me want to uninstall the game very fucking time.

I just don't know how we can get what are pretty damn solid fights in Elder/Shaper/Uber etc. and then...shit fucking bullshit.

Then again I imagine that part of the design around constant immune phasing is to counter the problem of players doing shapers-per-second DPS so that they actually have to engage with some of the mechanics rather than just delete him. But that's a whole other problem with the game and their ongoing design.

I don't know if they tweaked the difficulty or not, but last season was our first, and we made it to high yellow maps. This time, we keep getting spanked around tier 3, which is weird because we really followed guides this time. Kind of has burned us out for this season.

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    I don't know if they tweaked the difficulty or not, but last season was our first, and we made it to high yellow maps. This time, we keep getting spanked around tier 3, which is weird because we really followed guides this time. Kind of has burned us out for this season.
    No, the difficulty is the same. You can even argue that this league is even easier than Delirium due to the league mechanic not actually doing anything in maps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    No, the difficulty is the same. You can even argue that this league is even easier than Delirium due to the league mechanic not actually doing anything in maps.
    On balance, though, there are FAR less drops, which means general gear level is lower (outside of people with BUSTED seed crafts). So it might feel harder because you're less geared than you were last league.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    On balance, though, there are FAR less drops, which means general gear level is lower (outside of people with BUSTED seed crafts). So it might feel harder because you're less geared than you were last league.
    Again, no.

Generally gear nowadays does not come from drops. Most of the good stuff is actually crafted. Now with Harvest where crafting is busted even at the low levels of investment it's extremely easy to get good gear.

The type of drops that are reduced this league is currency which doesn't have that big of an impact in terms of ease of atlas completion.