Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    I seriously hope guys like Asmongold realize this game is very much "doubt" in terms of what's being promised...
    Not a chance, your streamer servers and troll squads will be a thing. You can't circumvent that in 2020, your only hope would be if they did conduct an actual screening of your identity. .
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    From the Asmongold interview...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0LQSMT83L0&t=79m1s

There are several ways to travel...in major metropolis
    Including fast travel IF you develop some kind of scientific...stuff
    He clarified what that meant. Fast travel only within the node and maybe the surrounding area.

Now...the node might be really big, but that doesn't do much for travel across the open field. It makes me wonder if the different types of mounts will be faster or not.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    He clarified what that meant. Fast travel only within the node and maybe the surrounding area.

Now...the node might be really big, but that doesn't do much for travel across the open field. It makes me wonder if the different types of mounts will be faster or not.
    Sorry for making you watch an asmongold video. I know how much you hate him on your youtube feed.
    There is also a summit1g interview i will be watching later.

So you can only fast travel within one zone and not between zones?
    Thats interesting.

Maybe is not really necessary to travel between zones...and is supposed to be a major event on your part.
    Maybe players want to dedicate themselves to one node?
    I think thats the idea.

Hard pass from me, I've been sold down this road before to many times now on promising MMOs that in the end flop dead.

If it takes off, it takes off, but non of what they hae shown isn't anything I haven't seen flop before.

Easy wow killer. I'm in.

Sorry for making you watch an asmongold video. I know how much you hate him on your youtube feed.
    Um...where did you hear that? I actually respect Zack when he's being serious. It's when he's playing the character of Asmongold and being a clown that I don't care for his vids. The interview was pretty good, all things considered.

So you can only fast travel within one zone and not between zones?
    Thats interesting.

Maybe is not really necessary to travel between zones...and is supposed to be a major event on your part.
    Maybe players want to dedicate themselves to one node?
    I think thats the idea.
    I think a lot is still up in the air. There may be some sort of caravan system that allows faster-than-normal travel. They could put in dungeons or underground warp gates that have to be discovered, and connect distance places.

Or it may just be that if you want to conduct a war on a distant enemy, you have to first take over a node closer to your target, set up a base of operations, and proceed from there(possibly inviting counter attacks). Who knows?

I mean, if all Ashes of Creation ends up being is "Slightly less spreadsheet EVE online, but fantasy" I'm ok with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Hard pass from me, I've been sold down this road before to many times now on promising MMOs that in the end flop dead.

If it takes off, it takes off, but non of what they hae shown isn't anything I haven't seen flop before.
    The main comparisons I see to other MMOs are:

EVE online
    Black Desert
    Archage

BDO and Archage are both asian style MMORPGs that really over-focus on ridiculous grind for the sake of grinding. There's nothing wrong with that....and obviously many asia-based players enjoy that style. But if Ashes of Creation can inject gameplay and underlying mechanics that appeal more to a western audience, then it could be good.

And there's no doubting the success of complexity of EVE online. However, the barrier to entry is just too much. Again, if Ashes can take the good parts from that while making it more appealing to play, then it's another possible avenue to greatness.

I think a lot comes down to execution and what they finally deliver. It could be great....or it could flop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Some wow players think that success for a mmo could only mean killing wow. They somehow forget that FF14, ESO, GW2 and a few other projects are still going with healthy populations constantly releasing content. Even if its not a wow killer it could still settle down to a decent population that likes that feature list.
    ..Umm I don't think anyone here says that. If anything ex wow players love thinking this. Really its unlikely AoC will do anything.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    ..Umm I don't think anyone here says that. If anything ex wow players love thinking this. Really its unlikely AoC will do anything.
    I have to agree. Many wow players are just too entrenched to move to another game. The habit is locked in, like checking your facebook or watching the news. Log in, do dailies, raid log.

It's not even really about having fun for many people. It's just part of their routine, and how they stay connected with online friends. No new MMO is going to break that.

10+ Year Old Account
    That Steven Sharif dude is major scammer lol. You kids better buckle up and enjoy the shitshow this game is going to be once everyone finds out what a con this game is.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks way too ambitious. I'd just let others jump in and potentially waste time on this game. The pitches sound almost exactly how No Man's Sky was advertised years and years ago, and then fell completely flat on launch. Every single time the game was advertised they kept adding and adding things to the laundry list of things that the game was going to launch with, instead of focusing on things one by one.

A lot of the ideas put forth in this game actually sound cool, the skepticism for me arises when this is literally applied to the entirety of the game. This game either launches with everything it says it does in a very rudimentary dumbed down fashion, or plenty of things are just flat out broken and don't actually work at all. If I had to guess, it's probably going to be the second option.

Again, a lot of the ideas presented sound really cool, but I doubt they actually play out in practice exactly how people are advertising the game. It would be better to start small and expand outwards, than try to hit dozens of different focal points at once and fall flat on every single one of them. This game is going to end up like No Man's Sky (the launch version of the game), or Star Citizen (lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Rehija View Post
    Military Service "can" be a good experience. It helped me a lot.
    Until you get thrown in the Chinese sea to deal with the Chinese no it's not.

Good luck, what this world needs is a solid new MMO, sadly that will never come. Companies don't have the budget to contend with WoW, there's already like 15 failed MMo's out there with bits and pieces of population.
    From my experience they usually get greedy and try to milk it by adding pay2win options which ruins the actual game, the developers don't actually have any experience with MMOs, or they just don't have a long term plan and the game fails, they hire terrible CM's during the beta period and in the end when you have a market full of MMOs already if you have any negatives on your MMO players just say "Oh well, i'll just go back to WoW" and it's done.

WoW did something no other MMO did from what I can tell, Blizzard had no idea what they were doing so they hired people who did. Half the original WoW staff were actual MMO players from games like everquest who knew the ins and outs and what players wanted.

so many promises promises and nothing shown, so much hype lately because of youtuber lazypeon now everyone like asmongold is hyping it to the skies, once again claiming it as the wow killer for the 25th time, even after being burned just like this and saying it will never happen again people obviously dont learn anything at all, just like most recent "bless online" was the wow killer, or how lazypeon made 10 different videos on how archage reborn was the best game ever created and then 1 month later "why i stopped playing archage"

the hype for this game was almost dead just a few weeks ago before lazypeons recent youtube video

i would bet all my savings on streamers/youtubers claiming ashes of creation as "dead" 3 months after launch
    Last edited by apelsinjuice; 2020-07-25 at 07:42 PM.

It almost feels like the only guys calling any MMO on the market "wow-killer" are players currently playing WoW.

I have no idea why this shit is getting mentioned every 4 post s- but only by people who say it *won't* be a wow-killer. Never seem to catch the guy actually making that assumption.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-07-25 at 09:29 PM.

Gameplay looks kinda like ff14. Slow, not reactive, and extremely clunky.

This game is gonna fail so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    the hype for this game was almost dead just a few weeks ago before lazypeons recent youtube video
    It was a really good video though gotta give him that.

Nothing really matters to me until I see more up to date combat videos. Everything I could find was from 2 years ago and that was just chopped up clips that looked like ESO combat which is... not very good.. so I'm interested to see if its improved since then.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

I've seen too many MMOs die not to be sceptical

1. I have some doubts whether all those promises will come true. It almost gives me the No Man's Sky vibes. It also has overly enthusiastic devs that behave as if the game has every conceivable feature in the world. I wouldn't be surprised if 90% of those things they tout wouldn't make it to the release.

2. Even if all that actually gets done, it sounds as though all the gameplay relies on there being large groups of people wanting to participate in those activities, building cities, controlling zones etc. Let's imagine for a second there's not enough organized people who want to take part in it for a prolonged period of time. What then? From what they are saying it doesn't sound as if the game can still really work properly in that case.

3. Assuming the features and players are there, the combat will still probably not be as good as that of WoW for example.

So yeah, I'm not jumping on the hype train, I usually prefer to avoid any bandwagons anyway.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

The good thing about this game is they're not looking to have the whole world playing it. Its aiming for a specific audience. So I like it. I like slow travel, etc. To be a WoW killer you have to make another game that caters to everyone. And that just makes for a less interesting game IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Rorke View Post
    That Steven Sharif dude is major scammer lol. You kids better buckle up and enjoy the shitshow this game is going to be once everyone finds out what a con this game is.
    If the game allows it's beta to be streamed then I'm not sure how they'd be able to con anyone. It's going to be pretty obvious what this MMO is by the time people have to make the call on spending their first $15 or whatever the monthly cost is.

I Think like most "wow killers", people will flock to it for a few months, realise its not as good as it's made out to be, and then return to WOW... happened so many times now, with Aion, wildstar, starwars, etc... only one that's still around is guild wars 2 that's not exactly competing, but the wow team seem to steal ideas from them a lot of the time... The new AH setup being one of them.