10+ Year Old Account
    They should have sent all their covid patients to Kentucky.
    /s

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    JESUS THE IRONY

Rand Paul calls for Cuomo to be impeached over coronavirus response
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...hFi?li=BBnb7Kz
    These people are literally insane. And they believe their own lies and insanity - talk about existential threats. How can we recover if people like this continue to be elected into office?

7+ Year Old Account
    Rand Paul can frankly eat a dick, I wont forget him voting against 911 first responders health.

Give Rand Paul's neighbor 5 minutes alone with him, he'll take care of it.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    JESUS THE IRONY

Rand Paul calls for Cuomo to be impeached over coronavirus response
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...hFi?li=BBnb7Kz
    "Cough Cough" Both sides "Cough"
    Sorry, got something in my throat. What I meant to say was, that they are trying to 'Both Sides' this shit. Because clearly that is the only factor. That both sides are really bad at containing this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    Gestapo on the streets will make it easier to get asylum in a democratic country.
    Anyone think Canada wants a PE Mechanical Engineer with working knowledge of electrical, structural, and process disciplines? I’m pretty good with AutoCAD, Revit, Microstation, & Archibus too.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

71,967 new cases, no appreciable difference from last Wednesday.

California: 12,137 new cases (new record); 156 deaths (new record). Jesus, Cali. Good luck out there.
    Texas: 10,528 new cases; 202 deaths (new record). See above.
    Florida: 9,785 new cases; 140 deaths. Fuck Florida.
    Georgia: 3,314 new cases; 81 deaths
    Louisiana: 2,764 new cases; 59 deaths
    Tennessee: 2,473 new cases; 17 deaths
    North Carolina: 2,306 new cases; 35 deaths
    Arizona: 1,926 new cases; 56 deaths. Arizona does seem like it's past the peak, but the numbers are still pretty bad.
    South Carolina: 1,705 new cases; 64 deaths
    Illinois: 1,598 new cases; 23 deaths
    Mississippi: 1,547 new cases; 34 deaths
    Ohio: 1,514 new cases; 16 deaths
    Alabama: 1,455 new cases; 61 deaths (new record)
    Missouri: 1,249 new cases; 15 deaths
    Nevada: 1,129 new cases; 28 deaths (tied with yesterday for highest)
    Virginia: 1,022 new cases; 3 deaths

The anti-mask crowd in a couple CA counties is fucking things up for everyone there, Texas keeps hitting 9-10k daily and their deaths have skyrocketed, and FUCK Florida and their hidden numbers.

Deaths are up again at 1,205, putting the total at 146,183. As you can see it's starting to hit the first few states of the new outbreak hard and will likely continue to do so. It also looks like it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better considering for most of the states where the numbers are soaring they've been doing so for a long time.

Stay safe, folks.

Posted in another thread but... it probably should be here too:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...0fb_story.html

And if he does win a second term, legitimately or not, his words and actions of the past four years provide 12 indicators that he would seek to replace our democracy with a fascist dictatorship.
    1. Trump uses military power and federal law enforcement to suppress peaceful political protest. In June, he deployed the National Guard and federal officers to violently evict protesters in Washington, terrorizing them with two military helicopters flying low near the crowd. Trump also had 1,600 members of the 82nd Airborne on standby outside the capital and readied tens of thousands of rounds of ammunition. It’s reported that he wanted to deploy 10,000 troops to Washington alone. Gen. Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, took this so seriously that he got into a shouting match with the president over the prospect of deploying active-duty troops on U.S. soil.

2. Trump persistently lies about voter fraud, setting the stage for him to use emergency powers to seize control of the election or challenge the results if he loses.
    During a recent special election in California, for example, after a Republican mayor requested the opening of an additional polling station, Trump tweeted falsely that the Democrats “have just opened a voting booth in the most Democrat area in the State. They are trying to steal another election. It’s all rigged out there. These votes must not count. SCAM!” Trump has repeatedly tweeted that mail-in voting will lead to fraudulent and rigged elections. After winning the 2016 presidential election while losing the popular vote, he claimed a landslide victory and said that Hillary Clinton’s lead in the popular vote was due to “millions of people who voted illegally.”

3. Trump has repeatedly suggested that he might remain in office after a second term and has offered reason to doubt he’d leave peacefully after this first term.
    “Under the normal rules, I’ll be out in 2024, so we may have to go for an extra term,” he said at a rally last September. A year earlier, he remarked, “President for life . . . maybe we’ll have to give that a shot someday.” It’s a joke he’s tossed off on several occasions, and the power of suggestion is so strong in Trump and his followers that Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi and former Trump attorney Michael Cohen have all expressed serious concern that Trump may try to steal the election or contest the results, and not leave the White House if he loses.

4. Trump appears to believe he has the power to outlaw speech critical of him, and he calls the free press “the enemy of the people.” He tweeted of the New York Times and The Washington Post: “They are both a disgrace to our Country, the Enemy of the People.” Former national security adviser John Bolton, in his new book, claims that Trump said of journalists: “These people should be executed. They are scumbags.”

5. With Fox News promoting Trump’s lies as truth, the president controls one of the most powerful p ropaganda machines ever created. During the impeachment trial, for example,Fox hosts repeatedly attacked the character and mental faculties of Democratic representatives and sworn witnesses, while focusing almost exclusively on the testimony of pro-Trump Republicans. When it did show footage of Democrats and witnesses, the network frequently used voice-overs to explain or interpret what was being said, rather than broadcasting what was actually being said.

6. Trump believes that he has the power to do what he wants, regardless of Congress or the courts. “I have an Article II, where I have the right to do whatever I want as president,” he has said. He has also claimed to have the “absolute right to do what I want to do with the Justice Department” and, in the event the judiciary branch disagreed, “the absolute right to PARDON myself.” His attorney general, William Barr, and his own lawyers have made clear that this is the administration’s position as they have rejected both congressional and criminal subpoenas for information during the past few years. Their arguments — including an assertion to a federal appellate court last October that the president could shoot someone in the middle of New York’s Fifth Avenue and still be immune from prosecution until he left office — came crashing down with a Supreme Court decision Thursday. “We cannot conclude that absolute immunity is necessary or appropriate under Article II or the Supremacy Clause,” Chief Justice John Roberts wrote.

7. Trump acts as if he owns our government and can fire any official who defends the law. He has dismissed an FBI director and a deputy FBI director, as well as five inspectors general and U.S. attorneys, all of whom were investigating or considering either his abuse of power or the alleged crimes of his cronies. This past week, Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, who served as a national security aide at the White House until earlier this year and was up for a promotion, resigned from the military, citing “bullying, intimidation, and retaliation” after he testified under oath to Congress counter to Trump’s interests.

8. Trump uses federal prosecutorial powers to investigate his opponents and anyone who dares scrutinize him or his allies for the many crimes they may have committed. After the Mueller investigation of Russia’s role in the 2016 election, Trump’s Justice Department began a criminal probe into the origins of the inquiry — to, in Trump’s words, “investigate the investigators.” He tried to get the Justice Department to prosecute former FBI director James Comey and Hillary Clinton.

9. Trump viciously attacks his critics and has publicly implied that the Ukraine whistleblower should be hanged for treason. During a speech to diplomatic staffers in New York last September, Trump said: “I want to know who’s the person who gave the whistleblower the information? Because that’s close to a spy. You know what we used to do in the old days when we were smart? Right? The spies and treason, we used to handle it a little differently than we do now.”

10. Trump has messianic delusions that are supported with religious fervor by millions of his supporters. He has “jokingly” looked up to the sky and said, “I am the chosen one” in relation to negotiations with China. Then-Energy Secretary Rick Perry echoed other evangelicals who’ve said that Trump was sent by God to do great things when he seriously proclaimed that Trump is the “chosen one.” A Guardian report described the evangelical response to Trump’s photo op in front of Lafayette Square’s St. John’s Episcopal Church, which many viewed positively: One evangelical supporter was so moved that she began speaking in tongues when she saw the footage, according to her son.

11. Trump subscribes to a doctrine of genetic superiority and incites racial hatred to scapegoat immigrants and gain power. He has rallied his base with dog-whistle attacks, calling Mexicans rapists and criminals. When he attacked a group of progressive members of Congress from diverse backgrounds, he stated that they should go back to the places they came from. Over the years Trump has frequently praised his “winning” genes, at one point telling an interviewer, “I’m proud to have that German blood — there’s no question about it.”

12. Trump finds common ground with the world’s most ruthless dictators while denigrating America’s democratic allies. The oppressive leaders he has praised include North Korea’s Kim Jong Un (“He gets it. He totally gets it”); the Philippines’s Rodrigo Duterte (“What a great job you are doing”); Saudi Arabia’s Mohammed bin Salman (“You have done a spectacular job”); and, of course, Russia’s Vladimir Putin (“You know what? Putin’s fine. He’s fine”). Meanwhile, he has attacked traditional U.S. alliances and allies, like NATO and Germany’s Angela Merkel (“Stupid”).

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Aaaaaannnd he’s back on Faux News claiming the Alzheimer’s test is hard. This is after multiple psychiatrists came out saying it should be a very easy test if you have no issues with cognition.
    He might not have alzheimers or dementia. He just might be lightspeed stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aaaaaannnd he’s back on Faux News claiming the Alzheimer’s test is hard. This is after multiple psychiatrists came out saying it should be a very easy test if you have no issues with cognition.
    Well Trump's a malignant cancer - I mean - narcissist. Maybe both. Anyways, everything he does always has to be the greatest, the best, the most wonderful thing ever. Everything he does has to be an achievement no one else (or very few) has achieved. Even simple things. No one else knows what he just learned ("Very few people know this, but Abraham Lincoln was a Republican, believe me.") No one else is as good as he is at the test (look at how he claimed Chris Wallace couldn't finish the cognitive test.) He's our favorite president (he makes this claim on like every tweet.) His administration is the best at X, Y and Z (again, look at his tweets.)

So yes, the Alzheimer's test is very hard, otherwise it wouldn't be special, nor an achievement that he did the test. And since he did the test, and since everything he does is an achievement, the test, therefore, in his mind, must have been hard.
    Putin khuliyo

By saying he found passing the test very difficult, he basically admits that he has mental problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Leobald View Post
    By saying he found passing the test very difficult, he basically admits that he has mental problems.
    I guess it just confirms that he had someone do his SAT tests, when pointing out the elephant and "what date is it", is a tough test in his view.

I mean who the fuck takes any test, and then brags about it for several weeks after. Assholes, that's who.

Quote Originally Posted by Leobald View Post
    Has Joe Biden taken it?

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Has Joe Biden taken it?
    You don't get it do you? It's not a test to compare with others, it's a "you pass or we take your drivers license" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    You don't get it do you? It's not a test to compare with others, it's a "you pass or we take your drivers license" thing.
    Has Joe Biden taken it though?

Why should he?

10+ Year Old Account
    Has Joe Biden taken it?
    Neither should have mental problems. If Joe Biden does as well then that's obviously not good, but it doesn't somehow invalidate the problem that Trump either struggled to pass it or is so delusional that he actually believes that the test is really difficult and that he's a genius for passing it.

Why is it that only republicans/woke blokes constantly attempt to pull the "if your candidate has issues it's fine if ours does too". It's never fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why did Trump take it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kheirn View Post
    Neither should have mental problems. If Joe Biden does as well then that's obviously not good, but it doesn't somehow invalidate the problem that Trump either struggled to pass it or is so delusional that he actually believes that the test is really difficult and that he's a genius for passing it.

Why is it that only republicans/woke blokes constantly attempt to pull the "if your candidate has issues it's fine if ours does too". It's never fine.
    No other president has taken or even talked about taking this test, because not a single one has the mental acuity of Trump. It’s simple as that... Why would Obama even mention such a test? Clinton? Bush? Biden? Could it be because none of them spent years boasting they are the greatest at everything?

So... the answer why Biden and all other presidents have never needed to seek out such a test. Trump is the only president, that thought he needed to take such a test, to prove they are mentally competent. Because even Trump sees the optics of how idiotic all of his actions are, that even he knew he needed something to show that his actions only seem like he lost it... but, it’s just because he is that dumb.

@lockedout what was the impetus for Trump to take the test? Because, that will answer the question why Biden never felt the need to take one. It’s like releasing your taxes when you run for office... Biden and everyone else since George Romney has done it as a tradition. Why hasn’t Trump done it and why is he fighting relentlessly in court, to not show his taxes?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    More importantly, Trump is not a candidate, he is an acting President.
    It was taken, because Trump wanted to take it. The reason Trump thought taking a rudimentary test was necessary, because after almost 4 years of president, even Trump realizes he needs proof that he is just stupid, not cognitively limited.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Why should he?
    Can you imagine coming in to work, then sending out a company wide email with a title... “aced cognitive test, told ya all I’m not mental”... the test doesn’t actually explain the underlying issue that caused them to take the test. While the fact that they brag about it, will actually make people question their mental acuity.

Volunteering to take a cognitive test, then bragging about the results, is done by optics of an individual that has no friends and never works with anyone that isn’t seen as beneath them. Anyone who has actual friends, would stop them... anyone who has ever had coworkers, wouldn’t do it, because they would know the ridicule.

Maybe it’s me... and I heart giving people shit... but, if any bud of mine, came over and started boasting about recognizing elephants... I would make them cry...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    I've listened to Joe Biden speak multiple times.

He's coherent. He has answers. He's rational. This fucking shit where people like you pretend he has dementia is nothing more than hypocrisy and bullshit.
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2020-07-23 at 12:41 PM.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I've listened to Joe Biden speak multiple times.

He's coherent. He has answers. He's rational. This fucking shit where people like you pretend he has dementia is nothing more than hypocrisy and bullshit.
    Keep in mind he isn't denying Trump has cognative issues.

Baby steps.