Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1...021559809?s=19

Hey look at this authoritarian piece of bleep.

So I wonder which polling places will be covered? I'm sure every polling place will be handed evenly (sarcasm).

People want to tell me to get off the ledge that this is likely illegal or a definite overreach or as usual this is Trump just talking. But that is the frickin problem.
    Sending law enforcement to polling stations... I'm sure this has happened before and it TOTALLY worked out well, free and fair /s

10+ Year Old Account
    How effective was the last night of the Democrat's convention?

This effective:

I can understand the one non-circled article. Trump saying the Democrats' push for mailed votes, the ones he uses for convenience, isn't about protecting people from the lethal outbreak, but "stealing the election". Yeah, that's relevant.

Speaking of FOX News, FOX News says that Biden's speech blew a big hole in Trump's "Biden is senile" argument.

It seems to me that after tonight, Donald Trump will have to run against a candidate, not a caricature
    "But Biden was reading from a telepromptor!"

Ah. Well, tell you what, let's go back and remove all Trump's telepromptor speeches and examine what's left. That's the route you want to take?

"Um..."

Didn't think so.

Baier also sounded off.

This is what he needed to do with this crowd and the crowd around the country, but the question is, was it enough to affect this race and give him a bounce?
    "Bounce"? Biden leads nationally. I mean, I guess he could bounce higher but I thought the term referred to people dropping or losing. Biden is neither.

Already the RNC is lining its speakers up. McConnell will be there, well a recording of him will be. Let's see, Nikki Haley, several Senators, that couple who waved guns at protestors and got arrested and had the gun taken, a high school student racist, the grandmother Trump freed because a Kardashian asked (she is the only scheduled non-white person) and as expected some of Trump's family and one of his wives.

I happen to have a list of speakers from 2016 that, near as I can tell, won't be appearing in 2020.

Michael Flynn
    At least one member of Duck Dynasty
    Scott Baio
    Rudy Giuliani
    Dr. Ben Carson
    Newt Gingrich and one of his wives
    Ted Cruz
    Marco Rubio
    Laura Ingraham
    Jerry Falwell Jr.
    Reince Priebus
    Repeat Priebus (I'm not apologizing)
    and Jeff Sessions

There will be no Bush family members, no Reagan family members, no Romney family members, and in fact, I don't know if there will be anyone who ran for President as a Republican ever there. Does Pence count? I guess just the one. By contrast, Biden was personally lauded by every Democrat President still alive, and also Hilary Clinton.

The Democrats' convention was a stealth bomber. It wasn't about glitz and glamor. It was about getting a very precise job done in a way nobody can stop. And the damage is devastating. Even FOX News says so. Now let's see Trump put up balloon filled with hot air.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    In the grand scheme of things, so what?
    If it's in the White House, it's likely the taxpayer that is responsible for the finances of this and if that's the case, I damn sure would want to know exactly what I am paying for. Especially since the same people (GOP) talks all the time about fiscal responsibility while literally doing the opposite.
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Reince Priebus
    Repeat Priebus (I'm not apologizing)
    That joke just ensured that if you ever start a cult, I'm in.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Already the RNC is lining its speakers up. McConnell will be there, well a recording of him will be. Let's see, Nikki Haley, several Senators, that couple who waved guns at protestors and got arrested and had the gun taken, a high school student racist, the grandmother Trump freed because a Kardashian asked (she is the only scheduled non-white person) and as expected some of Trump's family and one of his wives.
    They're really into the dregs of society. Maybe there's still time for them to line up Thom Brennaman, the MLB broadcaster who was recently suspended for uttering a homophobic slur during a game. He could rail against "cancel culture" and talk about how people should be able to say as many idiotic and bigoted things as they want without fear of consequences.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Yes, because if you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem.
    There you go. I mean, I personally think other people here have the Pro-Democratic Party cheerleader posts covered and done far greater than I'd ever want to do.

Even if I said "I'm voting for Biden" which could still happen, for you and others that isn't good enough. I'd have to be a constant cheerleader and adopt a whole host of shibboleths I don't really care to do. When coming to America and experiencing American High School I was a cheerleader, not interested in doing it for Joe Biden, unlike some football players, I have zero libidinal interest to motivate me.

If anything I find it implausible that any group of people adopting a strict "You're either with me or you are my enemy" thinking could be a solution to anything.

NOTE: Bringing this response here since its more appropriate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I honestly never knew it was possible to lack even the tiniest morsel of self awareness until I started seeing more of pretty much any member of the Trump family
    "It's going to be the swamp vs. freedom in America"

That part was actually on target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    If you want to continue arguing with someone in another thread while adhering to mod warnings, just take it to tells rather than beefing elsewhere.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    If anything I find it implausible that any group of people adopting a strict "You're either with me or you are my enemy" thinking could be a solution to anything.
    You...have been watching Trump the last four years, right? Because the mindset you're discussing has been displayed by him far more than by us. Even if you're still willing to put that attitude on us, and denounce it, it would require you to also denounce Trump for doing the same thing. Which, honestly, I'd like to see. How about it?

10+ Year Old Account
    There you go. I mean, I personally think other people here have the Pro-Democratic Party cheerleader posts covered and done far greater than I'd ever want to do.

Even if I said "I'm voting for Biden" which could still happen, for you and others that isn't good enough.
    Woah woah woah there my facetious friend. That's ALL I'm asking for. I hardly ever come to this forum anymore because I'm tired of the constant cheerleading. I don't like Biden but I'm holding my nose and voting Biden because the alternative sucks that hard. I don't give a shit if you love Biden, wear Biden-themed-underwear or buy Biden-flavored ice-cream. All I care about is "Are you voting for Biden, or not?"

/the end.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

7+ Year Old Account
    Woah woah woah there my facetious friend. That's ALL I'm asking for. I hardly ever come to this forum anymore because I'm tired of the constant cheerleading. I don't like Biden but I'm holding my nose and voting Biden because the alternative sucks that hard. I don't give a shit if you love Biden, wear Biden-themed-underwear or buy Biden-flavored ice-cream. All I care about is "Are you voting for Biden, or not?"

/the end.
    First, I live in California, not voting is totally inconsequential.

Second, State-level and federal offices I'm voting straight Democrat unless someone has some seriously objectionable policy stances, Why? Well they are good to the Teachers Union, that is my entire calculus there.

Third, as of this moment, I am not. I plan to write someone in, but given your Friend-Enemy Logic, that is enough. Carl Schmitt friend enemy distinction seems to be the operational logic here. And I cannot envision a reality where that is actually part of any solution much less a good solution.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Third, as of this moment, I am not. I plan to write someone in, but given your Friend-Enemy Logic, that is enough. Carl Schmitt friend enemy distinction seems to be the operational logic here. And I cannot envision a reality where that is actually part of any solution much less a good solution.
    I mean, that's cool and all, but again, you're trying to denounce random posters here for what you say is their "with us/against us" approach, but I'd really like to see you denounce Trump for not just doing the same thing, but publicly, from the highest office in the land, to the point of firing and disowning his strongest supporters when they dare to disagree with him. Your argument would carry far more weight if you just did that, right now, which honestly, I think you're willing to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pence dismisses QAnon conspiracy theorists.

I don’t know anything about that conspiracy theory. I don’t know anything about QAnon, and I dismiss it out of hand
    That makes everyone. Except Trump.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean, that's cool and all, but again, you're trying to denounce random posters here for what you say is their "with us/against us" approach, but I'd really like to see you denounce Trump for not just doing the same thing, but publicly, from the highest office in the land, to the point of firing and disowning his strongest supporters when they dare to disagree with him. Your argument would carry far more weight if you just did that, right now, which honestly, I think you're willing to do.
    I do not actually care to talk about Trump all that much. Besides being relatively uninteresting as a topic, he is well covered by legions of other people, including people who post here.

You literally don't need another DNC Cheerleader.

10+ Year Old Account
    First, I live in California, not voting is totally inconsequential.
    Not the point and that's a terrible excuse.

Second, State-level and federal offices I'm voting straight Democrat unless someone has some seriously objectionable policy stances, Why? Well they are good to the Teachers Union, that is my entire calculus there.
    Why, you live in California don't you? Isn't your vote inconsequential?

See this is the part that just reinforces what you cut out of my first post.

Voting isn't about doing what might benefit others it's about what feeds YOUR ego and makes YOU feel righteous.
    When your choices are:
    Make things worse.
    Make things better.
    Do nothing and feel smug about it.

At least Trump supporters are making a goddamn choice! You're not even making a choice. You just want to be able to high-road everyone else. It's not about what you can do to improve your country, it's about what you can do to boost your ego and preserve your completely unjustified sense of superiority.

- - - Updated - - -

I do not actually care to talk about Trump all that much. Besides being relatively uninteresting as a topic, he is well covered by legions of other people, including people who post here.

You literally don't need another DNC Cheerleader.
    We're not asking you to cheerlead for the DNC. Much like being able to write in a 3rd party candidate, you can denounce Trump, AND not support Democrats. But it is continually telling that when given far more opportunities that you deserve to do so, you just brush it off as "not worth talking about". Bitching about the Democrats not being perfect paragons of the people certainly seems to be "worth talking about". But Trump actively tearing the country to bits? Yeah not really worth mentioning says you.

We'd all love to see you spend at least a single bullshit-garbage-elitist wank-fest of one of your threads whining about the guy in charge, his minions, his enablers, or his supporters the way you seem to enjoy doing about Democrats.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not actually care to talk about Trump all that much.
    Um, you did read the thread title, didn't you?

Your refusal to denounce Trump for actions you denounce in others is looking suspicious. I mean, you don't want to give the impressio that you're an insincere poster, do you? If you really detest that type of behavior so much, just denounce it where it's the most public, the most exposed, and the most effective, and be done with it. Honestly, it was probably more effort to explain why you weren't going to denounce the behavior in Trump that you're denouncing in anonymous posters, than to just say "oh Trump does it too and it's wrong when he does it".

I'm giving you every chance here, dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not actually care to talk about Trump all that much. Besides being relatively uninteresting as a topic
    I guess farewells are in order since you shouldn't be in this thread.
    /s

7+ Year Old Account
    Voting isn't about doing what might benefit others it's about what feeds YOUR ego and makes YOU feel righteous.
    I'm a material girl when it comes to politics. I won't gain even a psychic reward from voting in an administration absorbing NeoCon's left over from the Bush administration. More over, as someone who can recall the Bush years and his presidency, I'd say it was way worse and way more destructive than Trump has been. I'm also not particularly motivated by convincing rando's I'm a super good person, which comes off as ostentatious to me. The whole "Vote in the interests of the most vulnerable" line is a game for the fairly privileged and secure who love indulging in politics as a fandom to show they are good people. The issues I care about won't happen, and they are largely material policies I want that I stand to gain from. That and Biden's Bankruptcy Bill is an unforgivable transgression against the entire generation I belong to and I hold grudges.

So line by line, I'm against war, I want universal health care, I'm against open borders/immigration restrictions are fine, Unionization across the board and debt cancellations across the board. So, by the issues I ain't getting anything.

I also just have a longer view of history I guess, Trump isn't all that significant. Part of this is helped by not owning a TV so I don't watch the constant news cycle that will cover ever fart he cuts. He didn't emerge out of thin air, or like some "And then the fire nation attacked". All was not well before Trump, and there isn't much sense in my mind of adopting the policies and politics that led to this moment, but more fervently than before.

Finally, voting at the state level obviously matters, don't be childish. You are well aware of what I mean, that there is no chance in hell this states electoral votes go to anyone other than Biden.

- - - Updated - - -

Um, you did read the thread title, didn't you?
    Someone decided to swipe at me in an unrelated thread.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm giving you every chance here, dude.
    I think you guys have it covered. And half the time you guys miss the mark or aren't really denouncing him for anything that is important. Like I don't believe in RussiaGhazi or any of that nonsense.

I'd say he deserves to be denounced for failing to uphold his promises to his voters. But lets not pretend for even a minute anyone has those voters interests at heart, after all they are evil deplorables.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I don't believe in RussiaGhazi or any of that nonsense.
    Senate Republicans sure do now.

In fact, everyone that's not Trump, or a Kool-Aid drinking supporter does, because we have direct evidence that it exists.

You might as well say you don't believe that humans need oxygen to survive. This is why everyone rolls their eyes at your attempts of pretending to be "centrist" or whatever your new name for your schitck is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you guys have it covered. And half the time you guys miss the mark or aren't really denouncing him for anything that is important. Like I don't believe in RussiaGhazi or any of that nonsense.
    Your response to someone saying you never treat Trump the same, is to defend him? Noice...

I'd say he deserves to be denounced for failing to uphold his promises to his voters. But lets not pretend for even a minute anyone has those voters interests at heart, after all they are evil deplorables.
    What promise did he make and fail to uphold? Hurt the people that deserve it? Do the California and NY Trump voters, that he has been blaming and shutting on for 3 years, not count?

Whose interest does Trump have at heart? You?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi