Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    So we can expect more tight paths flanked by high cliffs and huge falls, with numerous mobs on the way.

Ahh, vanilla/tbc/wotlk zone design....
    Isnt the old style of zone design large open areas with a smattering of similar enemies in a single area?
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Isnt the old style of zone design large open areas with a smattering of similar enemies in a single area?
    Pretty much, but even in those single areas they aren't so densely packed. They cram way more mobs into one space now which amplifies the claustrophobic feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    I'm glad this is a thing people notice.

Tanaan Jungle was the zone I felt to be the beginning of obnoxious zone design that was intended to make travel-routes longer and for it to be frustrating getting from A to B.

I didn't really notice it in the zones with WoD launch, Frostfire Ridge and Shadowmoon Valley being good examples of having open space with barely anything jammed in.
    Honestly, it cannot be easy trying to find the good middleground between theme park zone design of Legion and the excessive amounts of space placed in Cata zones. Someone will likely always think it veers too far in one direction.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much, but even in those single areas they aren't so densely packed. They cram way more mobs into one space now which amplifies the claustrophobic feeling.
    Yeah that sounds about right, though I would probably attribute this more to quest areas being made so tiny, as opposed ot old ones where they had enough room to comfortably be spaced out.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    This whole benthic crap with op shit becomes a bit too obnoxious, every M+ group now runs with 2-3 derps dollied into socketed benthics and using various shit broken with scaling. What's even the point doing that crap, I will never know.

I hope they will fix scaling aura to apply only items above ilvl 130 or some such.
    Same as always, being useless dolts and then complaining that Blizzard is taking their "fun" away.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad this is a thing people notice. Having zones designed to be annoying just ruin my immersion.
    That's one funny bit there.

I'm not terribly sure how a zone populated by winged beings having outposts and places high up is breaking your "immershun". Neither I can understand this about Maldraxxus, which is basically a world-wide warzone with parts being literally nuked by magics and necropoli crashing to the ground - what, that supposed to be as accessible as your local grocery store?

Ardenweald is basically a wild forest with untouched nature and Revendreth has a huge castle on a cliff.

But I guess because denizens did not layer ground highways for players everywhere, it means "immersion bad".

Le sigh.

"My immersion is broken cause of bad zone design"

It's almost like a planet, or landscape can be full of stupid areas...

Just like the real world.

Yeah I'm honestly not too hot on the expansion zones this time around.

I'm just waiting for the day we go back to baseline Warcraft atmosphere. Here's hoping it's 10.0.

7+ Year Old Account

I'm not terribly sure how a zone populated by winged beings having outposts and places high up is breaking your "immershun". Neither I can understand this about Maldraxxus, which is basically a world-wide warzone with parts being literally nuked by magics and necropoli crashing to the ground - what, that supposed to be as accessible as your local grocery store?

Ardenweald is basically a wild forest with untouched nature and Revendreth has a huge castle on a cliff.

But I guess because denizens did not layer ground highways for players everywhere, it means "immersion bad".

Le sigh.
    People once again use wrong words to describe things they don't like. Like calling "toxic" whoever disagrees with you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    Yeah I'm honestly not too hot on the expansion zones this time around.

I'm just waiting for the day we go back to baseline Warcraft atmosphere. Here's hoping it's 10.0.
    We just came back from that. BfA had fairly generic Azeroth sceneries, and so did starting zones of Legion.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    We just came back from that. BfA had fairly generic Azeroth sceneries, and so did starting zones of Legion.
    Yep, and I loved it and want to go back to it again in the future. Sue me lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    Yep, and I loved it and want to go back to it again in the future. Sue me lol.
    No one gonna sue you pal, you will have to wait some time for it though. Big change of scenery is long overdue.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    No one gonna sue you pal, you will have to wait some time for it though. Big change of scenery is long overdue.
    Indeed. I'm happy to wait while people who like this stuff enjoy it for the time being.

Le sigh.
    The same issues are apparent in any time tho. And while I agree that it makes thematically for specific zones, its basically the same for every zone since WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you remember Tickles in Nazjatar ?

There is worse in Bastion, way worse... I suggested Blizzard to delete that world quest, only DH can do it I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post

There is worse in Bastion, way worse... I suggested Blizzard to delete that world quest, only DH can do it I guess
    My biggest WQ/achievement fear is that we see more nonsense like the Sabertron achievement

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    My biggest WQ/achievement fear is that we see more nonsense like the Sabertron achievement
    I swear the Bronze Sabertron doesn't even exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    With the Network. Which keeps getting me killed since that "Bonus" you get is a speed boost that forces you to move forward where most of the teleports are close to the edge of the zone so if you dare to tab target while it loads and then tab back the moment you move, you might end up falling to your death.

Also, really weird that there is no easy or at least obvious way to report bugs for world quests like there is for normal quests
    There is this thing on your screen that is there all the time that is used for bug reports. Put it there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post

Wait that little creature in the bubble? That wasn't bad... Leyline puzzle one can diaf
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Someone explain to me this "Outrage" again.

Because the zones aren't typical fantasy with lots of space = bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Wait that little creature in the bubble? That wasn't bad... Leyline puzzle one can diaf
    What? How can anyone have issues with the leyline puzzle..?
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

New week is upon us.... release date week maybe ? With a trailer and a coke please.
    I AM MY SCARS!
    -Illidan, Legion.