If Biden wins and dems keep the house (likely), but the senate stays red that does hamper things for two years. But, there's a tremendous amount of good that can be done without the senate. A lot of what Trump and republicans have broken can be fixed without the senate.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    You say that, but...

I don't think it's as out of play as you might believe.
    There's a significant number of people who are angry with the Republican leadership in Iowa. Kim Reynolds is a water carrier for Trump, and generally incompetent, the corona virus began to chip away at the hold the GOP had in Iowa, then with the Derecho, it might be curtains for Trump here.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Yes, that's my point. They will cherrypick the one poll that's showing a Trump advantage and claim it's the only correct one despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. They do the same with Rasmussen being the "only correct poll in 2016!" all the time.

In other news...holy shit, Iowa. Guess we see where the next COVID-19 outbreak is.
    Funny thing about Rasmussen, they called the EC for Clinton.
    They also called it wrong in the popular vote.

Then they scrubbed their web site.
    But gg wayback machine still has a cashed version of it.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    If we could flip a couple of those bastions-of-red, that would certainly help the Blue Wave in November. We should also keep an eye out for the Senate - at least five GOP held Senate seats have Democrats leading.

Arizona
    Colorado
    Georgia
    Iowa (!)
    Maine
    North Carolina

Actually, that's six - I didn't know Iowa was close. We're going to lose Alabama for sure. So we need five seats flipped to guarantee the Senate flips; four if Biden wins the White House.
    South Carolina is really close for its senate race as well.

Quote Originally Posted by soulkeeperx View Post
    That was great speech by Trump, no way they'll let Biden debate him now lmao
    /facepalm.

That is what you guys said about him speaking live at the convention, now its debates..

what's next you are going to claim Biden juiced for the debates...oh...wait...never mind
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

The more I read these forums the more sad I get when I realize it's the same dozen or so lefties that live in this alternate reality where Trump is some evil monster that has destroyed this country. His speech last night could have been absolute perfection and you same people wouldn't give him credit for anything lol. Hopefully one day you guys will come back in the real world and join us in reality instead of this fantasyland you live in.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalbagff View Post
    The more I read these forums the more sad I get when I realize it's the same dozen or so lefties that live in this alternate reality where Trump is some evil monster that has destroyed this country. His speech last night could have been absolute perfection and you same people wouldn't give him credit for anything lol. Hopefully one day you guys will come back in the real world and join us in reality instead of this fantasyland you live in.
    Ok Burner.
    /10char
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Ok Burner.
    By the way, the correct response to "Even if bla bla bla" is "when bla bla bla happens we can talk again". If your only argument is a hypothetical, you've lost.

On topic: Trump's rating is now lower than Biden's.

"Where have you been? That's been 538 for ages."

Oh, sorry, I was using Google Translate to convert to Rabid Fanbase. In English, that's ratings. Trump's speech had lower ratings than Biden's.

An estimated 19.9 million Americans watched Trump's speech on television, while Democratic nominee Joe Biden drew 21.7 million viewers the week before.

Who needs speeches? We have the last 3.5 years. We have out of control Covid-19. We have 180k dead. We have 28M unemployed.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    South Carolina is really close for its senate race as well.
    Indeed. A few others are pretty close as well. Those six (SIX!) are just the ones that have GOP incumbents who are currently behind in the polls to their Democrat challengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    By the way, the correct response to "Even if bla bla bla" is "when bla bla bla happens we can talk again". If your only argument is a hypothetical, you've lost.

Oh, sorry, I was using Google Translate to convert to Rabid Fanbase. In English, that's ratings. Trump's speech had lower ratings than Biden's.
    SAD!

(Un)sleepy Joe had the bigliest numbers than Donald Dump. He never thought numbers would get so big. What.A.Loser!
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

Quote Originally Posted by omerome View Post
    SAD!

(Un)sleepy Joe had the bigliest numbers than Donald Dump. He never thought numbers would get so big. What.A.Loser!
    And he didn't even use our house as a backdrop for the speech. He gave it in small little Delaware. Very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And he didn't even use our house as a backdrop for the speech. He gave it in small little Delaware. Very sad.
    Just to add, Delaware is where my family is so I feel more connected than ever. Wilmington is literally 20 mins from where I used to live.

The place where he had his speech, was where my graduation was held.
    Last edited by omerome; 2020-08-28 at 09:23 PM.
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

For bonus lols, Trump also apparently had lower ratings than Pence. PENCE. A bigoted block of wood.

EDIT: I'm going to have to walk this one back. I can't find the original source I saw on this earlier this morning and I'm finding nothing else that says that, so my bad. We'll have to settle for Trump losing his own game against Biden.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-08-28 at 11:56 PM.

For bonus lols, Trump also apparently had lower ratings than Pence. PENCE. A bigoted block of wood.
    Of white wood, i may add
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Makes sense. They didn't listen to Trump's speech, they got their info about the speech filtered and neatly regurgitated through the leftist media sources. This is what they call being informed. They are the reason I'm am so looking forward to November 3rd. The Trumplisde cometh, and it will cause a meltdown of epic proportions.

Trump repeatedly lied while breaking the law. In what world is that a good speech? It has nothing to do with left vs right.

Even if you pretend the lies weren't there and his entire campaign wasn't breaking the law, the speech itself was quite bad. The content was uninspiring and at times made no sense.

He essentially regurgitated lies he's been repeating at rallies for quite awhile.
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2020-08-28 at 10:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump also apparently had lower ratings than Pence. PENCE.
    I mean, the only thing sadder would be going bankrupt a seventh time.

(checks news)

Close enough.

The company that operates the Trump International Hotel in Vancouver said on Friday it has filed for bankruptcy, blaming the coronavirus pandemic for lost revenue and financial hardship.

TA Hotel Management Ltd Partnership (TAHMLP), a unit of Malaysia-based TA Global Bhd (TAGL.KL), said the temporary closure since March due to COVID-19 impacted the hotel’s business.

“Its ongoing expenses since the outbreak of COVID-19 and lack of revenue has placed TAHMLP into a position of insolvency,” a statement on the company website said.

Documents filed in Canada on Thursday showed that TA Hotel Management Ltd Partnership owes C$4.79 million ($3.66 million) and has total assets of C$1.1 million. TA Hotel Management leased the hotel premises and operated it, according to the statement.
    But this is just a franchise chain, a place that sells overcooked burgers with ketchup with a clown face.

...wow that analogy is much closer to fact than I thought it'd be.

I wonder how Trump's actual hotels are doing.

Trump’s Disclosure Shows Revenue Dip at Mar-a-Lago Before Virus

Oh. So not great.

President Donald Trump’s 2019 financial disclosure shows revenue declined slightly at some of his iconic resorts even before the coronavirus slammed hospitality businesses.

Revenue at his Florida golf resort Mar-a-Lago dipped to $21.4 million from $22.7 million a year earlier, according to documents released Friday. At his hotel at the Old Post Office near the White House, revenue was $40.5 million, down from $40.8 million.
    Well, at least he's not cooking the books just to --

The U.S. Secret Service has booked rooms at Mar-a-Lago for two weeks at a time just in case the President goes there and they need them, so that they don’t catch the property sold out.

Okay, but at least he's not, I dunno, throwing disabled people out on the str--

Donald Trump once tried to veto the use of Braille in the elevators of Trump Tower, and was unaware—and unmoved—by the fact that it was required by federal law, according to a Wednesday report from the New York Daily News. When an architect informed him the Braille was, in fact, mandatory, Trump reportedly responded “Get rid of the (expletive) Braille. No blind people are going to live in Trump Tower. Just do it,” before calling the architect weak.

I give up.

- - - Updated - - -

I want every man, woman, child, and Trump supporter to think about what this means.

Top general: Military will play no role in resolving any electoral dispute

“In the event of a dispute over some aspect of the elections, by law U.S. courts and the U.S. Congress are required to resolve any disputes, not the U.S. military,” Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Gen. Mark Milley wrote. “I foresee no role for the U.S. Armed Forces in this process.

“I and every member of the Armed Forces take an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States, and to follow the lawful orders of the chain of command,” he continued. “We will not turn our backs on the Constitution of the United States.”

“The Constitution and laws of the U.S. and the states establish procedures for carrying out elections, and for resolving disputes over the outcome of elections,” Milley said. “State and federal governments have qualified officials who oversee these processes according to those laws. We are a nation of laws. We follow the rule of law and have done so with regard to past elections, and will continue to do so in the future.

"I do not see the U.S. military as part of this process; this is the responsibility of Congress, the Supreme Court, and components of the Executive Branch.”
    Name any other time in US history where this was said under oath.

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    Makes sense. They didn't listen to Trump's speech, they got their info about the speech filtered and neatly regurgitated through the leftist media sources. This is what they call being informed. They are the reason I'm am so looking forward to November 3rd. The Trumplisde cometh, and it will cause a meltdown of epic proportions.
    Yeah I'm waiting for him to say anything of worth, or any of his accomplishments. Right now all he has is words, and not actions. Well, actions that are positive to his credit, anyways.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Ok Burner.
    /10char
    Get ready for more of them. I checked: a bunch of the usual suspects got themselves banned until after the election.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”