Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Where have I heard that before? Oh yeah...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.his...enian-genocide

Just because Alex Jones mentioned it, it doesn't mean it isn't real dude.

At the same time, the Young Turks created a “Special Organization,” which in turn organized “killing squads” or “butcher battalions” to carry out, as one officer put it, “the liquidation of the Christian elements.”

These killing squads were often made up of murderers and other ex-convicts. They drowned people in rivers, threw them off cliffs, crucified them and burned them alive. In short order, the Turkish countryside was littered with Armenian corpses.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-09-10 at 11:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Just because Alex Jones mentioned it, it doesn't mean it isn't real dude.
    Dude... naming your self the young Turks, because you are Turkish, does not mean you support the Arminian genocide. That’s Alex Jones level of crazy... It’s like saying a group called young Americans, inherently support the genocide of Native Americans...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    so need @cubby on this or one of the other legal experts

but with Trump saying he knew the virus was far more dangerous than he was publicly stating

wouldnt that invalidate that waiver his campaign was making people sign for the rallies, and open them up to legal liability?
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    so need @cubby on this

but with Trump saying he knew the virus was far more dangerous than he was publicly stating

wouldnt that invalidate that waiver his campaign was making people sign for the rallies, and open them up to legal liability?
    Why would it?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would it?
    isnt an agreement signed where one side provides false information something that makes it fraudulent?
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Dude... naming your self the young Turks, because you are Turkish, does not mean you support the Arminian genocide. That’s Alex Jones level of crazy... It’s like saying a group called young Americans, inherently support the genocide of Native Americans...
    I dont believe for a second that they didnt know that the "Young Turks" were a nationalist group that committed genocide against Armenians when they decided on their name. If they didn't know then they should change it now since it would be akin to naming yourselves "The Nazis" and saying "it just means young German boys" or something.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-09-10 at 11:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    isnt an agreement signed where one side provides false information something that makes it fraudulent?
    I don’t believe so, unless the agreement signed, is hinging on the false information. My “experience” is with sports contracts... I know there have been attempts to void contracts based on unreported injury, but am not sure about the results.

In case the quotes are unclear, I watch a lot of sports. I’m have no experience, outside of articles talking about athlete contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man, I'm glad that Woodward got this shit on tape and all but...

There's definitely an ethical question that comes up resulting from this.

Woodward has known since the beginning that Trump was demonstrably lying and misleading the public. He had the recordings to prove it. Yet he did nothing with it, sitting on the tapes until it came time to promote his next book and after nearly 200,000 Americans have died due to the virus.

He could have said something. He could have shared the recordings. He did nothing.
    Everybody has known since the beginning that Trump was lying and is a liar.

Woodward has no moral or ethical obligation to share what he knows, sleazy as it may seem. And I'd rather it be in the news cycle now when it can possibly help prevent Trump be re-elected than last February when it would have just been yet another anti Trump story that got lost in the noise.

Him breaking this earlier would have saved no lives.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont believe for a second that they didnt know that the "Young Turks" were a nationalist group that committed genocide against Armenians when they decided on their name. If they didn't know then they should change it now since it would be akin to naming yourselves "The Nazis" and saying "it just means young German boys" or something.
    No, it would be like naming them selfs the Young Germans... it was called the Hitler Youth for Nazis... As I said, Alex Jones level of crazy...

No, it would be like naming them selfs the Young Germans... it was called the Hitler Youth for Nazis... As I said, Alex Jones level of crazy...
    cenk used to write armenian genocide denials lol hes a baddie. (not to mention a sexist, union busting hustler) this is the wrong hill to die on

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    cenk used to write armenian genocide denials lol hes a baddie. (not to mention a sexist, union busting hustler) this is the wrong hill to die on
    Not going to... I never watched or even know who cenk is... I only watch Hasan Piker and that’s started a couple of months ago... I trust ya... (literally started with that video I linked popping up on my YouTube queue)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Everybody has known since the beginning that Trump was lying and is a liar.
    It would be funny to see Trump get sued for something like this and have his defense team use the Alex Jones defense.

"My client can't be punished for lying because everyone knows that he's a liar; therefore, nobody could possibly have believed him enough to have been defrauded!"

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    The false information probably wasn't printed on the waiver. What Trump said likely has no legal bearing, and not just because he lies all the time about everything, but because it wasn't part of the signed contract.

I should also note that I'm not cubby and will wait for an actual expert.

I don't think anyone willing to sign the waiver is gonna turn and sue him even if they could. But fuck it I think somebody should if no other reason than Trump is pumping 10's of millions of his campaign money into these lawsuits and it's making him unable to afford ad time in states he needs.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    so need @cubby on this or one of the other legal experts

Probably not, but people affected by it could tie up millions of Trump's campaign dollars with law suits. In the end though, legislation aimed at blaming people for exposure is going to be a hornets nest, at best.

His admissions, however, are going to have an interesting affect on MAGAhats - we have the equivalent of DNA proof Trump lied about something, more than once, that is about to have killed 200,000 americans. In any other country, he'd already be in jail. Here, he's still carrying 40% approval.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The false information probably wasn't printed on the waiver. What Trump said likely has no legal bearing, and not just because he lies all the time about everything, but because it wasn't part of the signed contract.

I should also note that I'm not cubby and will wait for an actual expert.
    The waiver they signed prior to attending was more than likely an assumption of risk, meaning no matter what was said done by others, it's the attendee's burden of risk by attending. So no matter what Trump lied about, the waiver wouldn't be affected, because the liability is assumed.

Why would they go out and vote? Their name "Young Turks" came from the group that caused the genocide of the Armenians.

https://www.armenian-genocide.org/young_turks.html
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure he was talking about the viewers of the show not the actual young turks. You know actual Americans that can vote. Not dead Armenians from 145 years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The waiver they signed prior to attending was more than likely an assumption of risk, meaning no matter what was said done by others, it's the attendee's burden of risk by attending. So no matter what Trump lied about, the waiver wouldn't be affected, because the liability is assumed.
    Cool, I was at least close.

Unlike Trump, who just lost in court again. Can't kick undocumented immigrants off the census just because you say so.

Related: Trump was asked point-blank why he lied about COVID-19, and despite already having given an answer ("to avoid a panic") he instead attacked the reporter.

That's a terrible question and the phraseology. I didn’t lie. What I said is we have to be calm. We can’t be panicked
    Just so we're all clear: Trump intentionally twisted that question. Publicly, he said it was not a big deal. Publicly, he said it was not dangerous. Publicly, he lied. The reporter did not ask if he lied, when he said he was trying to create calm. The reporter asked why he lied, when he said the outbreak was not dangerous. Trump chose to answer a different question, again, despite having already answered this one.

Wanna see the video?

Unrelated: GOP relief bill, the one with basically no money in it, fails and dies on the Senate floor. McConnell will try to shrug his shoulders to "waa-waa!" sounds, claiming he tried.

No Democrats were involved in McConnell's bill.

McConnell suggested that Democrats call the families not getting help and explain. I concur. "Hey, we voted for a much larger bill with far more help. McConnell didn't even vote on it. It's been sitting there three months. We objectively tried faster, and harder, than the GOP." Hell, give me a phone list, I'll start.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    It would be funny to see Trump get sued for something like this and have his defense team use the Alex Jones defense.

"My client can't be punished for lying because everyone knows that he's a liar; therefore, nobody could possibly have believed him enough to have been defrauded!"
    I'm pretty sure Trump's rep is so bad amongst most circles, that he cannot sue for libel or slander because his name couldn't be dragged deeper into the mud even if you tried.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Do they even bother to put their bongs down and vote?
    Not a clue. It's just ridiculous how they are ALWAYS whinging and moaning about democrats, yet Cenk couldn't move an inch in his own primaries.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would they go out and vote? Their name "Young Turks" came from the group that caused the genocide of the Armenians.

https://www.armenian-genocide.org/young_turks.html
    I'm talking about the political channel TYT...

10+ Year Old Account
    First charges filed against 57 of the hundreds of businesses that defrauded PPP for $175 million.

"What's wrong with that?"

I mean, I'm glad they're being charged. It speaks poorly of the program that so much happened but to be honest the program was rushed because businesses were failing. I'm glad these vultures are being brought to justice.