I wonder...

What if the Jailer Cinematic's this Thursday?

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    I wonder...

What if the Jailer Cinematic's this Thursday?
    Exactly what I was thinking. Unless they wanna keep it instead of blowing it early like Old Soldier.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking. Unless they wanna keep it instead of blowing it early like Old Soldier.
    Imo If they didn’t want to use it early then that magazine cover would be just in game Jailer.

Lookin more likely we're gonna get the Super Secret Jailer Cinematic this Thursday with a release date.

Be wary regarding the Jailer CGI. Don't forget about this, which yielded no actual Illidan CGI cinematic (him being barely visible in a crystal for a few seconds in a teaser doesn't really count). https://youtu.be/z85N5lWacBo

Also doesn't strike me as the same render from the TBC cinematic.

The PC Gamer cover might just be an advertisement-based render, but it seems detailed enough that I'm willing to agree that it's gonna be a cutscene. Just tempering expectations to avoid disappointment, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Be wary regarding the Jailer CGI. Don't forget about this, which yielded no actual Illidan CGI cinematic (him being barely visible in a crystal for a few seconds in a teaser doesn't really count). https://youtu.be/z85N5lWacBo

Also doesn't strike me as the same render from the TBC cinematic.

The PC Gamer cover might just be an advertisement-based render, but it seems detailed enough that I'm willing to agree that it's gonna be a cutscene. Just tempering expectations to avoid disappointment, too.
    That would still be pretty cool.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    wouldnt be surprise to get surprise jailer cinematic this thursday with 1 week prepatch date

Either way it's suspicious to make a CG model for the cover of a magazine. Even if it's for a trailer like the Illidan one, I don't think they're going to waste it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't recall any magazine using a big CGI image like that before. Unless memory failed me.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Like I said, I'm not saying they'd solely make it for the magazine. Just that there's been situations before where it's a little TV spot or something minor that gets a render (the post-Mists "bear in a hat" joke was a thing too).

Like I said, probably 99% a proper cinematic, possibly a series of them like Saurfang! I'm tempering myself for the 1% is all.

Like I said, I'm not saying they'd solely make it for the magazine. Just that there's been situations before where it's a little TV spot or something minor that gets a render (the post-Mists "bear in a hat" joke was a thing too).

Like I said, probably 99% a proper cinematic, possibly a series of them like Saurfang! I'm tempering myself for the 1% is all.
    Series seems eh....but it's really weird if they made it JUST for a magazine cover.

I wouldn't expect much. Maybe like a little cinematic of the Jailer and Sylvanas or something, maybe even just a tv spot like the Illidan one, but I'm sure we're gonna get something with him.

Also, guys, remember when we were at Antorus, and we were facing the might of Aggramar (Though, in an Avatar State), Argus (A World Soul that's empowered by Death, weakened by being a Fel battery, and can end creation in a single spell), and Sargeras himself (With his Dark Pantheon plot)? Yeah, notice how Varimathras, though seeing/hearing about all that, still stated that Sylvanas was a greater threat...

Even N'Zoth and Azshara feared the idea of the Jailer coming through. Ik the Jailer is a Titan++ Level Threat, but what if he's even stronger than Sargeras himself?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    Series seems eh....but it's really weird if they made it JUST for a magazine cover.

I wouldn't expect much. Maybe like a little cinematic of the Jailer and Sylvanas or something, maybe even just a tv spot like the Illidan one, but I'm sure we're gonna get something with him.
    I checked BFA tvspots but the one "No glory" or something had cinematics but it was from stuff like the regular BFA cinematic and Old Soldier. So..... /shrug

Even N'Zoth and Azshara feared the idea of the Jailer coming through. Ik the Jailer is a Titan++ Level Threat, but what if he's even stronger than Sargeras himself?

Its an unspoken rule, yeah death to everything is kinda bad even for the Void.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Also, guys, remember when we were at Antorus, and we were facing the might of Aggramar (Though, in an Avatar State), Argus (A World Soul that's empowered by Death, weakened by being a Fel battery, and can end creation in a single spell), and Sargeras himself (With his Dark Pantheon plot)? Yeah, notice how Varimathras, though seeing/hearing about all that, still stated that Sylvanas was a greater threat...

I mean, the Void told Alleria that Sylvanas was a huge threat.

Death seems like the big enemy in WoW. Yeah, the Void and the Light can be good or bad but it seems universally speaking that Death is bad news bears all around.

5+ Year Old Account

I would say it would take the titans working like a team to fight the jailer to have a chance. With Sargeras as the tank.

is it a possibility that realm connections are the reason they haven't officially announced end of season/pre-patch dates?
    “When I became a man I put away childish things,
    including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I checked BFA tvspots but the one "No glory" or something had cinematics but it was from stuff like the regular BFA cinematic and Old Soldier. So..... /shrug
    idk man, this whole expansion release has been weird, probably because of that whole "plague" thing happening.

I don't feel like we can look too much at previous releases for an idea of what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    Potentially terrifying thought: what if the Nathrezim have planted spies in all cosmic domains? Lothraxion, for all we know, is playing the Army of the Light for fools. Denathrius, in the Shadowlands, could be doing the same.
    I thought that was pretty obvious from the enemy infiltration report. I mean it all but screams that Lothraxion is a double agent.

Combine that with the whisper of Il'gynoth's about how "the cunning ones kneel before six masters, but serve only one."

Six masters. Six domains in the cosmology chart: Light, Life, Order, Shadow, Death, and Disorder. We have the report about their activities in other domains, and they clearly are serving one master above all. They've got agents everywhere.

Calling it now

After shadowlands the “covenant” style system becomes common in the story

We devote ourselves to take on the power of 1 titan and use it to fight the Jailer’s forces

I hope we do dragons next

It could be a TV Spot, but considering the Saurfang Cinematics, I wouldn't be shocked if we got a Cinematic series based off the Jailer and his plans.