Page 15 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by seashell86 View Post
    Right, but then there's the whole droves of Democrats dying Democrats that never switched. I guess maybe they missed your "Psst... we're Republicans now, bros" memo.
    If conservativism is so popular, then why do conservatives oppose democracy?
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

15+ Year Old Account
    Right, but here's the problem with your horrible point.

It didn't work. The South continued to be swept by Democrats periodically throughout the decades in various elections.

If it was a "strategy" then it was a horrible one.

I mean I can understand your incredible determination to be correct since the entire Democratic religion depends on being the "good guys" in spite of all American history.
    Wrong. The south already splintered from traditional republican and democratic voting blocs when Goldwater swept the south and western states in 1964. That's when mainline Republicans used the rhetoric employed by Goldwater and expounded on it to pull conservatives to their party in the Nixon presidential campaign of 1972.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

So, just to be clear, the KKK supports the candidate that established opportunity zones in inner city areas to drive funding to underpriviledged citizens (predominantly minority) in America? They backed the candidate who passed a historical funding for HBCU legislation? They backed the candidate who collaborated for prison reform thereby releasing a large number of unfortunately imprisoned African Americans at the hand of Bill Clinton's awful crime bill?

Well, like I said, the KKK must be horrible at their job.

So, sadly, nothing really proven
    Wow, talk about revisionist history.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Restating "it took place over a long time" in a different way doesn't make your point less wrong, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure. We can just buy it from the rural countries at cut rate prices since they have no negotiating power by virtue of their nonexistent economies.

You're literally using Brexit arguments right here.
    Yes, but surely you see how this stance absolves you of all responsibility historitcally through arbitrary hand wavey nonsense, right?

And then, there's the reality, which is that Democrats owned slaves and the parties never switched because...

And wait for it...

Who actually wants to switch to the historically obvious losing team?

I guess I'll remember that for when Michael Jordan is claimed to have been a member of the Utah Jazz all along.

Oh my, too silly

I'll give you Democrats credit for at least trying to hide the fact that you did some pretty awful stuff in the past. Just try harder next time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good lord, do you guys just nitpick everything. Yes, I'm aware it's not a constitutional mandate.

It's article 2, section 1. I am trying to point out that it exists for a reason.

The purpose of the electoral college is to FORCE campaigns to be national and not just cloistered behind the safe and comfy walls of densely populated cities.
    This argument doesn't make any sense. If you add up the eligible voting populations in all major US cities you don't come close to majority.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    The point being that there are things you want to use the land for that city dwellers do not, and prevent you from doing so.

What things are those?

- - - Updated - - -

"Our cultural strategy didn't work immediately therefore it wasn't a thing", again - arguing that it took place over a long time is not disproof of its existence. That's how cultural and political trends work.
    Oh the usual: logging, mining, ranching, farming, industry. Its perfectly fine if people make a living doing that in other countries so we can still have all our neat stuff, but it must not be done here.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, just to be clear, the KKK supports the candidate that established opportunity zones in inner city areas to drive funding to underpriviledged citizens (predominantly minority) in America? They backed the candidate who passed a historical funding for HBCU legislation? They backed the candidate who collaborated for prison reform thereby releasing a large number of unfortunately imprisoned African Americans at the hand of Bill Clinton's awful crime bill?
    I figured a supposed Constitutional scholar would be aware that Congress passed these things and that signing your name to shit that would have passed anyway doesn't count.

I thought y'all despised participation trophies?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Wow, talk about revisionist history.
    Oh, and Donald Trump also won a lifetime achievement award from Jesse Jackson for his work in the black community.

And then he ran against the Sillycrats.

Oh, and Donald Trump also won a lifetime achievement award from Jesse Jackson for his work in the black community.

And then he ran against the Sillycrats.
    Jesus christ you are reaching aren't you? There is 40+ years of fucking racism from Trump.

I figured a supposed Constitutional scholar would be aware that Congress passed these things and that signing your name to shit that would have passed anyway doesn't count.

I thought y'all despised participation trophies?
    Ah, so this is the part where deranged TDS victims deny all possible accomplishments.

Got it.

I suppose Michael Lomax is just a big old misinformed dummy for thanking Donald Trump. He should totally have been thanking CONGRESS.

Lol, give me a break. Too funny.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Jesus christ you are reaching aren't you? There is 40+ years of fucking racism from Trump.
    I'm merely pointing out that the award was given within the past 40 years. So, either African American Speaker Manifest Jesse Jackson is wrong or you're wrong. It's one or the other.

Or, of course, he suddenly just manifested himself as a racist like Super Saiyan Goku out of nowhere.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-09-28 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Oh the usual: logging, mining, ranching, farming, industry. Its perfectly fine if people make a living doing that in other countries so we can still have all our neat stuff, but it must not be done here.
    Banana republic. The term you're looking for is banana republic.

Economic size isn't a function of how many raw materials you have. The actual scenario is:

- Rural states secede.
    - Their shitty economies force them to accept unfavorable deals for extraction of their raw materials without the added benefit of a federal tax structure to support themselves.
    - Urban states can continue to maintain this state of affairs threatening to purchase alternatives elsewhere because that's how capitalism works.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Restating "it took place over a long time" in a different way doesn't make your point less wrong, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure. We can just buy it from the rural countries at cut rate prices since they have no negotiating power by virtue of their nonexistent economies.

You're literally using Brexit arguments right here.
    Sure, the rural areas can just charge higher prices because there will be no economical alternative. How valuable do you think water is to LA county?

Right, but here's the problem with your horrible point.

It didn't work. The South continued to be swept by Democrats periodically throughout the decades in various elections.

If it was a "strategy" then it was a horrible one.

I mean I can understand your incredible determination to be correct since the entire Democratic religion depends on being the "good guys" in spite of all American history.
    Your post means nothing as I proved the Southern Strategy is real and (successfully) happened and you failed to provide evidence that it failed.

Ah, so this is the part where deranged TDS victims deny all possible accomplishments.

Got it.

I suppose Michael Lomax is just a big old misinformed dummy for thanking Donald Trump. He should totally have been thanking CONGRESS.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm merely pointing out that the award was given within the past 40 years. So, either African American Speaker Manifest Jesse Jackson is wrong or you're wrong. It's one or the other.

Or, of course, he suddenly just manifested himself as a racist like Super Saiyan Goku out of nowhere.
    He was sued TWICE for not renting to blacks by the Racist dickbag Nixon's DoJ in 73.

10+ Year Old Account

Got it.

If you're going the appeal to authority route then explain away the NAACP's endorsement of Robert Byrd.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, the rural areas can just charge higher prices because there will be no economical alternative. How valuable do you think water is to LA county?
    Valuable enough that if you start charging too much, desalination starts looking like a cheaper option, and then your bargaining chip vanishes entirely.

Surely there must be hundreds of golden eggs inside the goose, all you need do is cut the belly open.

10+ Year Old Account
    Banana republic. The term you're looking for is banana republic.

Economic size isn't a function of how many raw materials you have. The actual scenario is:

- Rural states secede.
    - Their shitty economies force them to accept unfavorable deals for extraction of their raw materials without the added benefit of a federal tax structure to support themselves.
    - Urban states can continue to maintain this state of affairs threatening to purchase alternatives elsewhere because that's how capitalism works.
    Rural states cut off the water to all urban areas, charge massive transportation taxes on product even passing through. Rural states understand they can sell to other buyers as well, as they already do.

The purpose of the electoral college is to FORCE campaigns to be national and not just cloistered behind the safe and comfy walls of densely populated cities.
    But national doesn't have anything to do with letting cornfields decide elections instead of people. The founders very specifically wanted elections to be decided by majority will - that was the whole point of the 12th amendment. They wanted minority party losers to have veto power, but they didn't want them to end up in any chamber of power. When every election after Washington required a shady backroom deal to keep the minority from getting too much power, the Jeffersonians said "fuck it" and threw in the 12th. And then 30 years later, Andrew Jackson said "lol" and got the states to switch from ranked choice, proportional allotments, and majority wins to plurality winner-take-all wins, and fucked it all up.

Even the Senate would probably have resulted in a 13th amendment if it was in the state then that it is today. The founders hated the Senate. Madison said, "Dude, this compromise is so stupid that I don't even want to talk about it" in Federalist 22. But had the minority party been able to hold the Senate without a massive struggle, the Jeffersonians would have fixed that, too.

All of this talk about balance is mostly a modern addition by Republicans trying to explain why they should get to have power when everyone but the loonies hates them.

The real TDS victims are those who drool over every word and action of Trump no matter how mediocre, cotradictory, or negatively impactful they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Your post means nothing as I proved the Southern Strategy is real and (successfully) happened and you failed to provide evidence that it failed.
    Actually, posting from Wikipedia which is littered with misinformation doesn't make you right.

Carter sweeping in the mid 70s and Clinton sweeping in the early 90s proves my point. And, that's of course, among a myriad of other victories.

So, like I said, never happened.

Or, if it did, it was horrible in which case efficacy should be evaluated.

And again, the easier and more obvious answer is that Democrats were racist and still are.

And, most obviously, they never switched because Republicans never became Democrats since, you know, the Democrats were the historical "bad guys."

I love how that common sensical point just never ceases to garner any attention at all. Like, how many historical sports figures do you know that were once champions that are now cited as having been members of the losing team?

10+ Year Old Account
    Rural states cut off the water to all urban areas
    You don't have to get embarrassed just because you forgot desalination existed for a second there.

charge massive transportation taxes on product even passing through
    Which they'll enforce with...what money, exactly?

Rural states understand they can sell to other buyers as well, as they already do.
    Yes, but this would not actually make them any richer as every banana and cocoa republic from here to Timor-Leste proves.

"If you wont let us destroy the natural environment then we'll just secede and become cotton/lumber republics" isn't really a compelling threat. Lol.