10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    So in France we are confined until the 1st december, like we were in march
    Ha! Here in US Trump beat covid with his bare hands... or so he claims...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Everyone is blabbering this but I doubt it's the cause. We had mass demos, COVIDIOTS™, parties, drunkards etc during summer. Nothing happened.
    People's behavior has not changed, what changed is the season.

They can tighten their retarded mask restrictions all they want, it won't make a dent in the numbers. Other countries have proven that already.
    My city now mandates wearing a mask in the open air when you are walking next to a river (we have a crapton of wind here). It's ridiculous.
    There is no scientific basis for such a blanket restriction (I could understand it if they mandated masks in densely visited shopping streets etc), it's a pure expression of helpless panic from the governing body.
    Nothing has happened during those parties, that's how incubation goes... it happens after the fact. Amazing. As for the bold part, there's only every medical expert saying that the science supports wearing masks... Wear the fucking mask, even if it's just 1% effective, just goddamn wear it. You are barely inconvenienced, ffs. Stop whining about it and do what everyone else does...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Nothing has happened during those parties, that's how incubation goes... it happens after the fact. Amazing. As for the bold part, there's only every medical expert saying that the science supports wearing masks... Wear the fucking mask, even if it's just 1% effective, just goddamn wear it. You are barely inconvenienced, ffs. Stop whining about it and do what everyone else does...
    Ugh, stop trolling and read what others actually write.
    I am not anti mask, I wear it in situations where it's applicable (e.g.: public transport).

Mandating a mask in the OPEN AIR when there is only a handful of people on a street with plenty of space to keep distance is absurd.

PS: Incubation is around 10 days, we had no Corona issue for MONTHS during summer. Want to try again?

I am not anti mask, I wear it in situations where it's applicable (e.g.: public transport).

Mandating a mask in the OPEN AIR when there is only a handful of people on a street with plenty of space to keep distance is absurd.

PS: Incubation is around 10 days, we had no Corona issue for MONTHS during summer. Want to try again?
    So what if it is absurd ? That way you won't forget to put it back. And if outside contaminations amount for a few contamination, it still that we can avoid.

Everyone is blabbering this but I doubt it's the cause. We had mass demos, COVIDIOTS™, parties, drunkards etc during summer. Nothing happened.
    People's behavior has not changed, what changed is the season.

They can tighten their retarded mask restrictions all they want, it won't make a dent in the numbers. Other countries have proven that already.
    My city now mandates wearing a mask in the open air when you are walking next to a river (we have a crapton of wind here). It's ridiculous.
    There is no scientific basis for such a blanket restriction (I could understand it if they mandated masks in densely visited shopping streets etc), it's a pure expression of helpless panic from the governing body.
    Except you're just plain fucking wrong:

"Do mask mandates work? Here's what new evidence from Arizona suggests"
    https://www.advisory.com/daily-brief.../19/mask-order

"Community Use Of Face Masks And COVID-19: Evidence From A Natural Experiment Of State Mandates In The US"
    https://www.healthaffairs.org/doi/fu...aff.2020.00818

"Mask mandates help control the rise in coronavirus"
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.axi...fc88aca93.html

"Masks mandates have major impact, study finds"
    https://news.mit.edu/2020/masks-mand...ct-deaths-0805

"Beshear, announcing 323 new COVID-19 cases, says data show mask mandate making a difference"
    https://www.wpsdlocal6.com/coronavir...cd7287a42.html

Again and again and again and again and again and again and again, the same conclusion has been reached by communities all over the country: masks fucking work.

Please feel free to be a cunt and pretend like wearing a mask is some horrible infringement on your freedoms maybe you'll kill your parents or your neighbor or get yourself killed, fine... But don't fucking spew that garbage that there's "no scientific evidence that masks work"

You don't get to blatantly LIE and get away with it.

Your city did not mandate you have to wear a mask whenever you are outside even when alone. Link to the mandate or you're lying. Also when you make a mandate ofthis form, don't you think it's easier and safer to not leave it up to halfwits to decide what is or isn't a situation that justifies a mask? I guess we all are to become aerosol experts and quickly assess the probabilities of transmission given current population densities, atmospheric conditions, etc?
    Last edited by Eviscero; 2020-10-29 at 07:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what if it is absurd ? That way you won't forget to put it back. And if outside contaminations amount for a few contamination, it still that we can avoid.
    Seriously? Why would I forget that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    the same conclusion has been reached by communities all over the country: masks fucking work.
    If applied properly, in situations that make sense, yes.
    Which would be: situations in which people are too densely packed and keeping minimum distance is not possible or in enclosed spaces.
    Neither applies to an order to wear a mask in half the city, which was the context of my statement.

It's not even proven that the "open streets" are the cause for the rise in numbers, statistics still strongly indicate that the primary drivers of infections are PRIVATE settings (no mask mandates there), nursing homes and workplaces.

I still maintain that forcing masks on people out in the open will do nothing.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2020-10-29 at 07:19 AM.

Seriously? Why would I forget that?

- - - Updated - - -

If applied properly, in situations that make sense, yes.
    Which would be: situations in which people are too densely packed and keeping minimum distance is not possible or in enclosed spaces.

I still maintain that forcing masks on people out in the open will do nothing.
    Unreal. Youre literally saying you trust your intuition about something you don't understand more than the piles of evidence gathered by communities that have issued the same mask mandates your community issued.

Wouldn't it be great if science was just "what makes sense" to me? It would be so much fucking easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    Unreal. Youre literally saying you trust your intuition
    Intuition has nothing to do with it. Masks are there for scenarios in which minimum distance cannot be kept.
    Simple as that.

1.5m in the open air is enough to render a mask useless.

Actually, the City of Heidelberg tried such a nonsensical blanket order, and the administrative court Karlsruhe agreed with a person that bothered to make a case against it:
    https://www.swr.de/swraktuell/baden-...essig-100.html

The city of Heidelberg refined their mandate to situations in which 1.5m was impossible to maintain.

Intuition has nothing to do with it. Masks are there for scenarios in which minimum distance cannot be kept.
    Simple as that.

1.5m in the open air is enough to render a mask useless.

Actually, the City of Heidelberg tried such a nonsensical blanket order, and the administrative court Karlsruhe agreed with a person that bothered to make a case against it:
    https://www.swr.de/swraktuell/baden-...essig-100.html

The city of Heidelberg refined their mandate to situations in which 1.5m was impossible to maintain.
    So if you are not wearing a mask in the street, you will put it back in an instant each time you will cross someone else with less than 1.5m ?

10+ Year Old Account
    So if you are not wearing a mask in the street, you will put it back in an instant each time you will cross someone else with less than 1.5m ?
    Selfquote:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post52759511
    People need to be told precisely where to wear masks and that has to be actually enforced.
    Munich and Frankfurt did this, as far as I know. They named their popular shopping streets and market places and masks are only mandatory where people are actually gathering. That is logical, that is scientific, even if the probability of a successful transmission is low, if case numbers rise, that probability can become significant.
    By limiting the area to the relevant locations, enforcement becomes more feasible and ensures higher compliance.
    That's what I want. I don't think it's an unreasonable proposition either, since other cities have done it.

Of course all the trolls here ignore such a statement and rather attack me as an anti-masker. Apparently that is much more entertaining than having a relevant discussion.

Or you could simply wear it everytime you are outside and be done with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or you could simply wear it everytime you are outside and be done with it.
    I am not going to do that because it is nonsensical and these masks are damn annoying. Most people I know feel the same way and take them off, any chance they get.
    Technically I don't have to wear one at all, due to disability. So I only voluntarily wear them in public transport.

I am not going to do that because it is nonsensical and these masks are damn annoying. Most people I know feel the same way and take them off, any chance they get.
    Technically I don't have to wear one at all, due to disability. So I only voluntarily wear them in public transport.
    So you are not a responsable person, got it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you are not a responsable person, got it.
    Yes, doing more than the law requires me to do, certainly makes me an unreasonable person. *laughs*

Yes, doing more than the law requires me to do, certainly makes me an unreasonable person. *laughs*
    If you are required to wear at all time a mask and chose not to do so because "reasons", I am not sure you can be considered a responsable person.

What is absurd is that you make an issue about wearing a mask. And we had corona issues, and the more people ignored the problems, the higher the rate got. Just because you didn't pay attention doesn't mean it didn't happen. Remember that US tourist causing a hot spot? That's just one example of what was going on through the summer.

You need to stop whining and just wear the mask, even in open air, why not? What's your problem? Just so you're aware, do you know how it is to walk past a spot where someone just exhaled smoke? You can smell that shit from quite a distance away. Congratulations, you just inhaled whatever was in his lungs.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, risking old people's lives because it is "annoying" to you, that's so reasonable. Totally worth the trade off. Glad you only use that as like the dumbest argument in the history of obnoxious arguments. Not wear it because of disability? Big doubt. If asthma patients can wear a mask, so can you.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are required to wear at all time a mask and chose not to do so because "reasons", I am not sure you can be considered a responsable person.
    It's not because "reasons" it's because of a medical disability. The law does NOT require me to wear anything.
    I assess my health and voluntarily wear it whenever I can tolerate it.

- - - Updated - - -

Big doubt.
    Doubt all you want, I have the paperwork here. *shrug*

10+ Year Old Account
    Just wear your damn masks, it's not a hazard suit grade of preventive measure but it's better than 0, even if it's more for those around you. Whatever will help to push back the inevitable another lockdown by a month or two is a blessing.

We are just leaving 2nd lockdown, but as I see it with winter coming up and the usual viral infections on top of that, we will go into 3rd lockdown ~February or some such.

I just hope that one will be the last and vaccine will be available in Spring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember that US tourist causing a hot spot?
    Yeah about that:
    https://www.sueddeutsche.de/bayern/g...bnis-1.5032571
    That was fake media outrage. Not a single case could actually be traced back to her.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I just hope that one will be the last and vaccine will be available in Spring.
    I seriously doubt that. Even Bill Gates recently stated that expecting a vaccine with broad availability before Fall 21 is unrealistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I seriously doubt that. Even Bill Gates recently stated that expecting a vaccine with broad availability before Fall 21 is unrealistic.
    Well I am talking from my position here, I don't really care if Micronesia or US for that matter will get it only by fall. We will get it in spring guaranteed one way or another.