Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...sting-software

Something for the average player to celebrate.
    im an avarage player and i never cared about multiboxers, so i dont care about this change either, in the end, this change will end up blizzard losing money

actually i prefered that herbs were low price, that meant i wouldnt have to waste time farming herbs for flasks and pots myself
    Last edited by valky94; 2020-11-03 at 11:18 PM.

there is no positive impact from meeting multibotters out in the world

Economy was driven by multibotters, they probably also found that most multibotters are just using gold to token conversion (so other people's money that bought tokens to receive gold) for game time. And the reason why that person invested that money was because collection professions were downright miserable against multibotting auctioneers... There were so few herbs to collect but such a big amount to produce one single-use item...

economically speaking it never made any sense in the last expansion to farm resources to produce your own... and it made even less sense to buy the stuff in the auction house if you had to earn the gold without doing any auction house shuffle or "sell" runs...

Self sufficient is possible in game mind you... even without the ah shuffle.

But professions should not be there to just make a profit but to provide an interesting element into the game that adds to the flavor without feeling like a selling point for the games cash shop (tokens).

You could comfortably buy all stuff from the auction house, if you did play the game with the intention to earn ingame money... which does not sound that appealing to me...

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    when they check for inputs, they have a automatic tool going after the specific programs entering those inputs. He is using 6 mices. There is no way that will get him banned.
    If they are making the same movement, it will detect it. If he presses the wooden bar and all keys input the same, it's gonna detect. The mice are connected, you noticed that?
    He will likely get flagged if he uses that.

Like, what he is using in that setup is the same as what a software does. He is just doing it mechanically.

Even if it doesn't another player can report him if they see it. It is a huge risk to do any kind of multiboxing automation now.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-11-03 at 11:16 PM.

FINALLY! Omg I am so thankful for this, multiboxing really got out of hand in bfa.
    They were everywhere, "stealing" every ore and herb and infesting every zone where you could do proper 4x2 farms etc. Also it was kinda frustrating having fun in warmode and suddenly when you were just going to pick an anchorweed you got hit by 15 moonfires. It wasn't a problem for me when people just played a handful of chars but bfa was pure hell on my server. This is awesome news...

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    If they are making the same movement, it will detect it. If he presses the wooden bar and all keys input the same, it's gonna detect. The mice are connected, you noticed that?
    He will likely get flagged if he uses that.

Like, what he is using in that setup is the same as what a software does. He is just doing it mechanically.

Even if it doesn't another player can report him if they see it. It is a huge risk to do any kind of multiboxing automation now.
    The post specifically talks about software using it. Not physical hardware.

Good, I look forward to the salty tears.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I feel bad for those multiboxers who alredy bought 9 extra shadowlands expansion LOL Well i guess they can still 3 box by alt tabbing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Personally, I never cared one way or another, but this is Blizzard we're talking about here. If they didn't see this as a way to increase profit, it wouldn't have been done because they were already making multiple players' worth of revenue off of each boxer.
    This is a profit for blizz, coz im 100% sure all farming multiboxers who farms all day are engaging in RMT, less people doing RMT = more wow token sales

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    The post specifically talks about software using it. Not physical hardware.
    Yes, and Blizzard can't know if he is using software or not.

Like, Blizz can't put spyware on your computer to find out. As far as i know it's illegal. So, they will have to track inputs.

Either way, i guess he will let us know if he is getting away with it.

Like, Blizz can't put spyware on your computer to find out. As far as i know it's illegal. So, they will have to track inputs.

Either way, i guess he will let us know.
    Umm yes they do. It's called Warden you give them permission for warden to scan your system for botting and automation software( I assume blizzard still uses warden)when you Agree to the tos/eula... Pretty much every game these days has something like warden scanning your machine.
    Last edited by shadofall; 2020-11-03 at 11:35 PM.

Either way, i guess he will let us know if he is getting away with it.
    Blizzard does scan active programs. Google searches can show you this. It is how they do their ban waves for botting. Unless you'd like to tell me how they can know if someone is botting? (No its not from inputs)

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    Blizzard does scan active programs. Google searches can show you this. It is how they do their ban waves for botting. Unless you'd like to tell me how they can know if someone is botting? (No its not from inputs)
    I mean, we don't know for sure which programs, methods and which criteria they will use in the investigations and decisions. They won't necessarily only use one method. As i said, i wouldn't risk it. But, multiboxers have been risking it for the longest time, so i guess he will keep taking the risk and will let us know if he is still getting away with it. If we don't hear about him anymore, we will get the answer. Time will tell.

with the gold infusion, tokens, and RMT services have made multiboxing more and more of a issue. also buffs to classes like bal druids over and over made it super easy as the top choice for doing so. sure there are sham and hunters set-up, but not on par with a class that is still heavily homogenized like the druid with base talents and affinities.

i talked to a MB in game, told me his five comps with guard/res, 3 bal/res, and 1 res/guard he can solo about bear everything, for open world farming rolls bal/res comp. he has other classes, but says nothing beats a druid box when farming herbs/ore along with AOE farming.

i did see a hunter 20 box, in new dal, tried to talk, no response

SL would have been a MBs paradise, had blizzard taken no action

I mean, we don't know for sure which programs, methods and which criteria they will use in the investigations and decisions. They won't necessarily only use one method. As i said, i wouldn't risk it. But, multiboxers have been risking it for the longest time, so i guess he will keep taking the risk and will let us know if he is still getting away with it. If we don't hear about him anymore, we will get the answer. Time will tell.
    no, the tools might have gotten smarter but the over all process hasn't changed in 16 years so yeah we pretty much know exactly how it's going to play out

I think people are a little confused.

Blizzard is not saying you can not multibox (they have gone on record and say they support it).

What they are saying is you can not use a 3rd part app to controll your toons. Thats it, the people multiboxing and not using 3rd party programs will be fine. And by the way you can fully multibox without them.

Excellent news!

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post

Blizzard is not saying you can not multibox (they have gone on record and say they support it).

What they are saying is you can not use a 3rd part app to controll your toons. Thats it, the people multiboxing and not using 3rd party programs will be fine. And by the way you can fully multibox without them.
    What's worse is the ones the policy is ment to target really won't care anyways. Throw away accounts /yawn

10+ Year Old Account
    Surprising!
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by KALAMITY View Post
    Never did see the allure of multi-boxing. Perhaps I need to try it before it's too late in order to defend it.
    Ever tried inviting an alt to your personal-guild? How about farming old raids? Imo, if it's not somthing that has negative effects on others (like the above examples) it should be permitted. Using it to massively farm slow-replenishing resources or ganking othet players or quest objectives - should be bannable even if it is by just 1- character.

How often do you guys ACTUALLY see multiboxers? I see maybe one once per year and i played on a high pop server for years and now a medium one for a few years.
    I just never saw them myself often enough to think they're a "problem"

Sorry, its not.

There are many multiboxers that this change wont affect their gameplay.

Multiboxing isnt the same thing as replicating the same spell to other accounts using external software. Multiboxing is playing more than one account at a time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post

Finally someone in this thread that understands what multiboxing is and what this action really means.