Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    another thing of concern:

people are talking 4 - 8 years time frame for another Republican shot. Are any of you worried Trump might *die* in those estimates? He's 74 and people say he's not in good shape for the age (obese[?] if anyone can confirm how they know that). Also, he got COVID once, which is said to leave permanent issues.
    His health is not a concern of mine at all. I don't wish death upon any person but ill be happy if he retires to some golf course (or prison) and I never hear from him again.

Health wise, he is an obese 74 old man with an unhealthy diet. While he will get the best medical service that money can buy, eventually his bad habits will catch up to him. Also its obvious that his brain and motor skills dont work as well as they did years ago.

GOP will start slowly divorcing themselves of Trump as the years go on. They are cowards and wont do it quick for fear of upsetting his angry base but they won't want to run a 2x popular vote unhealthy loser.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastgope View Post
    Health wise, he is an obese 74 old man with an unhealthy diet.
    There's, um, there's also the issue that the people he surrounds himself with are not just proven enablers, but probably value his money more than they value him. Anyone here think Kushner can actually run for office while Trump is breathing?

another thing of concern:

people are talking 4 - 8 years time frame for another Republican shot. Are any of you worried Trump might *die* in those estimates? He's 74 and people say he's not in good shape for the age (obese[?] if anyone can confirm how they know that). Also, he got COVID once, which is said to leave permanent issues.
    The only reason I would worry about Trump dying is that he wouldn't be able to stand trial for his crimes if he's dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    Has she changed her rhetoric at all?

I'm wondering if these are people that were can reach if we can take the problem and shove it directly in their faces, or if they have drink the Kool aid and are beyond help.
    She hasn't said a whole lot so far about it. Our parents are in their 70s and in poor health. They've taken this very seriously from the start and limited contact with others, family or not. I think it's just starting to settle in for her that if they hadn't done that and she'd carried it to them, we might be planning their funerals right now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are any of you worried Trump might *die* in those estimates?
    Worried is not the word I would choose, no.

10+ Year Old Account
    How bad is it that both New Mexico and Wal-Mart have put in mask mandates in the last 24 hours, but Trump spent them golfing?

As Trump ignores deepening coronavirus crisis, Biden calls for urgent response

Trump is still adhering to the same hands-off approach that led so many voters to reject his leadership on Election Day, inaccurately stating that the increase in cases is the result of increased testing as he tries to focus public attention on his administration's efforts to speed up a vaccine through Operation Warp Speed.

Trump spent most of Saturday golfing and tweeting his baseless and debunked conspiracy theories about how the election was rigged, and driving by a crowd of his supporters who gathered in Washington to protest the election results on the basis of his lies and propaganda.

He barely addressed the virus on Twitter Saturday, tweeting: "Congress must now do a Covid Relief Bill. Needs Democrats support. Make it big and focused. Get it done!"

Amid that leadership vacuum, many doctors and top medical experts are bracing for even greater holiday spikes, noting that Americans have simply let their guards down and given in to the desire to return to normal life. Trump unquestionably played a role in those attitudes as the administration abandoned its coronavirus task force briefings months ago and he tried to win reelection by advancing the falsehood that the US was "rounding the corner."
    "What's the bolded for?"

Blatant dishonesty. As a reminder, Pelosi passed a bill in May, passed another one in early October, and proposed another one four days ago, which Trump knows, because even OANN covered it. Meanwhile, Trump has stepped back from negotiating at all, while golfing and tweeting.

When Trump tries to blame the Democrats of inaction on COVID relief, Trump is lying. That's why I quoted a CNN OP ED earlier, and everyone has to accept it -- even if you could make the point for CNN being biased, they're not making shit up and presenting it as fact. Trump is the one doing that. I could quote Jerry's talking cat and still have the ethical high ground.

On average, over 1,000 Americans died to the lethal outbreak Trump handwaved every day. To put that in perspective: a Boeing 737, fully loaded with crew and passengers, could crash into a second Boeing 737 fully loaded with crew and passengers, and the flaming wreckage could land on an entire NFC conference, with all four teams bringing their entire injured reserve list, coaches, and crew -- and COVID would still kill more Americans that day.

On Oct 23, Fauci said Trump hasn't attended a COVID task meeting in "months" yes plural. Three days ago, sources tell CBS News he still hasn't.

Trump went golfing yesterday.

Trump is a failure at leadership.

Trump is a failure at leadership Trump is a failure at leadership.

Trump is a failure at leadership Trump is a failure at leadership Trump is a failure at leadership

Trump is a failure at leadership. Trump is a failure at leadership Trump is a failure at leadership Trump is a failure at leadership Trump is a failure at leadership. Trump is a failure at leadership

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ....

I take no responsibility
    -- Donald J. Trump, failure

ron watkins posting mad shit on parler. having a little melt down. outing his dad as having posted as Q. hell yea

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    ron watkins posting mad shit on parler. having a little melt down. outing his dad as having posted as Q. hell yea
    Told ya...

QAnon is the embodiment of... “The lady doth protest too much, methinks”...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

i don't think people will forget Trump if the damage is this great. He's special though because of the hype that went into him. He was heralded to be the best Republican president ever and the end results are mixed.
    Why did you support all this damage?

It's weird how you claim that people won't forget the fascist that you support.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Posting memes is against forum rules. You can’t really post “why” as a result...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Posting memes is against forum rules. You can’t really post “why” as a result...
    It's weird how many people use memes to justify openly supporting fascism and white supremacists.

It's weird how many people use memes to justify openly supporting fascism and white supremacists.
    Metal Gear explained it best.

It's weird how you claim that people won't forget the fascist that you support.
    because everyone has different ideals that might lie in the Republican Party. I mean, people voted for Trump for a reason. You just don't know how reality might turn out though.

I actually liked Trump's tax policies. It made life a bit easier before the COVID crisis.

because everyone has different ideals that might lie in the Republican Party. I mean, people voted for Trump for a reason. You just don't know how reality might turn out though.

I actually liked Trump's tax policies. It made life a bit easier before the COVID crisis.
    Don't try amd blame others, because you chose to support a fascist and white supremacist.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinfoy Lat View Post
    My older sister is among them. She spent the summer telling my brother and I how foolish we were for staying home and wearing masks when we had to go out. She tested positive last week. She's getting over it, but is still having breathing problems. She may be one of the people for whom the breathing issues are permanent. I hope not and i'm glad she getting better, but i have very little sympathy for her considering she didn't do anything to keep from getting it.
    I've seen a surprising amount (2 or 3, still surprising) of women wearing masks with huge holes ripped in them and "my body, my choice" written across it or other forms of protection. They fundamentally don't understand the difference between things about your body that only affect you vs things about your body that affect everyone. Made me want to make a meme of a female suicide bomber with that written on her, cause that's not too far from the reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    In this Reuters article called "Lockdown 2.0" one part stood out, that really demonstrates how much of a complete and total fuckup Trump is.

Consumers are more likely to hold back from stockpiling goods - even with significant price-promotions on offer – because the economy is weak and they want to conserve financial resources,
    That's right, Trump fucked up the economy so hard, people can't afford to stockpile toilet paper and spaghetti sauce.

Trump has broken America.

So for all y'all who said "Let's give someone with no political experience a chance, what's the worst that could happen?"

This. People discussing, with no irony and no conjecture, Trump illegally stealing an election, during an outbreak he allowed that kills a thousand people per day, and leaves America too broke to buy a fucking jar of Ragu.

If you voted for Trump, congratulations, you got four years of him and that was enough to break your own country. When your coal or oil job doesn't come back and you end up having to make the choice between food, medicine, and heat this winter, I'll give you a hint which one to pick: blatantly false tweets are inedible.

Do you have any actual clue on how those tax policies work?
    That was a rhetorical question, your reply already made it obvious you don't.
    Trumps tax cuts were passed under reconciliation. Which require it to be 'revenue neutral' over a period of 10 years.

Those tax cuts you got will get less year over year and instead turn into a tax INCREASE in order to pay for the corporate tax cuts that will not expire.
    If I give you 10 dollars a year starting today, but 5 years from now you change it to you paying me 10 dollars a year for the rest of your life, who is giving who money?

Trump did not lower taxes on the middle/lower classes. He raised them, only in such a way that you won't see it for another few years and instead blame someone else 10 years down the line for your taxes being higher rather then the person actually responsible.

Its a tax cut for corporations and rich, over the backs of working Americans. And you applaud him for raising taxes on you.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by For_The_Horde View Post
    Metal Gear explained it best.

Ok, now i have to read Dawkins.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Its a tax cut for corporations and rich, over the backs of working Americans. And you applaud him for raising taxes on you.
    Did you mention the tariffs? The largest tax increase in American history, which Trump did unilaterally via National Security Lol? It takes the spike of your argument and drives it in with a sledgehammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    So for all y'all who said "Let's give someone with no political experience a chance, what's the worst that could happen?"
    To be fair I don't think his lack of political experience is the problem.