Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Horde is dead to me, so what is the best (Top 3) Alliance Server(s)

Ever since i started in tbc i was playing Horde, with some short plays on the Alliance side now and then. But it's safe to say that my passion was for the Horde. Better characters, better feeling, etc. This espescially became the truth when Anduin became king.

But now the Horde is a mere shell of what it used to be. The new council is just a title to hide that Baine and Thrall are actually leading the Horde. And with them being best friends with Anduin and Jaina i feel the Hordes story is done. While the Alliance shows great potential here. Turalyon as acting king and leading the alliance army. Tyrande on a war path ignoring everything Anduin told her.

So at this point i decided to join the Alliance and i need help choosing a server. It doesnt need to be overpopulated, but it should atleast have enough Alliance players to feel like the server is alive.

Any help is welcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    EU or NA?

You could just check wowprogress. On EU you've got Ravencrest, Silvermoon, Argent Dawn, etc.
    Hi

I'm a horde player through and through. Never could understand the attraction of such vanilla "good guys".

Anyway, AFAIK Silvermoon is one of the last really massive alliance-heavy servers. There are a lot of servers that are more evenly distributed, but if you want the crazy bias of a faction that's totally overwhelmingly alliance, then that's your go-to.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I'm a horde player through and through. Never could understand the attraction of such vanilla "good guys".

Anyway, AFAIK Silvermoon is one of the last really massive alliance-heavy servers. There are a lot of servers that are more evenly distributed, but if you want the crazy bias of a faction that's totally overwhelmingly alliance, then that's your go-to.
    I agreed with you until they introduced the Horde Council instead of a warchief. And i doesnt help that alot of cool horde characters are gone

Quote Originally Posted by Aranis View Post
    Ever since i started in tbc i was playing Horde, with some short plays on the Alliance side now and then. But it's safe to say that my passion was for the Horde. Better characters, better feeling, etc. This espescially became the truth when Anduin became king.

But now the Horde is a mere shell of what it used to be. The new council is just a title to hide that Baine and Thrall are actually leading the Horde. And with them being best friends with Anduin and Jaina i feel the Hordes story is done. While the Alliance shows great potential here. Turalyon as acting king and leading the alliance army. Tyrande on a war path ignoring everything Anduin told her.

So at this point i decided to join the Alliance and i need help choosing a server. It doesnt need to be overpopulated, but it should atleast have enough Alliance players to feel like the server is alive.

Any help is welcome.
    Personally i'm considering going the opposite direction, as the horde having any sort of "main" leader felt so wrong tobme given how they're a ragtag group of misfits with too little in common to be a big massive red block to the alliance's blue. A decentralized underdog that by grace of cooperation, creative thinking and alliances of convenience still cones out as roughly equal the the big blue Alliance.
    What they should be, in my opinion, is be a polar opposite of the centralized hierarchical alliance, rather than this sort of evil, monatrous red alliance.
    And especially given the history of corruption pretty much all their races have it seems excessively stupid to centralise that much power in one person.

So yeah, i'm currently toying with an rp-evil undead warlock, mostly meant to serve as a means to unlock the allied races, nightborne especially.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

I definitely feel your pain, OP. Blizzard's writing team even felt the need to prop a human that is more closely related to the Lightforged Draenei than the undead she's supposed to represent. I suspect they are getting rid of factions altogether so Baine and Anduin can get married and get #OneAzeroth trending on Tweeter (which will be the new in game feature introduced in a future patch using Titan technology), but it is possible they are going to just put the shoe on the other foot and let the Alliance drive the plot for a change and let the Horde be the "heroes".

I think Stormrage is one of the heaviest alliance US servers, if not the heaviest. I've been told it's like Illidan but for Alliance. And being on it now, it feels like it.
    Retired WoW player. Ameteur family man.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazmalak View Post
    I definitely feel your pain, OP. Blizzard's writing team even felt the need to prop a human that is more closely related to the Lightforged Draenei than the undead she's supposed to represent. I suspect they are getting rid of factions altogether so Baine and Anduin can get married and get #OneAzeroth trending on Tweeter (which will be the new in game feature introduced in a future patch using Titan technology), but it is possible they are going to just put the shoe on the other foot and let the Alliance drive the plot for a change and let the Horde be the "heroes".
    Silly you. We all know Wrathion is to claim the blonde.

Also, jokes aside, I personally liked Anduins growth from MoP getting completely wrecked by Garrosh, preventing sha-geddon, and growing up during Legion, especially after he picked up the sword, and was forced to lead in bfa.

He's still peace-loving, but man. It's nice to have a difference instead of replicating his father.

Ngl tho, I wanted to see Vol'jin and Anduin respectively on the thrones, would have made for very interesting dynamics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    "Real" MMORPG means not having the lionshare of your content be singleplayer. Pretty objective, no?

To be honest, if you are that triggered that the horde is not entirely "huRrRrRr sMaSh", then the alliance is hardly the place for you. You are still better off staying hord or better play wankhammer instead of WoW.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by LordTakeo View Post
    Silly you. We all know Wrathion is to claim the blonde.

Also, jokes aside, I personally liked Anduins growth from MoP getting completely wrecked by Garrosh, preventing sha-geddon, and growing up during Legion, especially after he picked up the sword, and was forced to lead in bfa.

He's still peace-loving, but man. It's nice to have a difference instead of replicating his father.

Ngl tho, I wanted to see Vol'jin and Anduin respectively on the thrones, would have made for very interesting dynamics.
    Don't know, if you ask me, he is the most misogynist character in the entire franchise. Most of his big moments are done by throwing female characters under the bus by presenting them and their justified rage as crazy and unstable (which happens to be an age old trope dating back to antiquity, so we moved that far I guess), which needs to be countered by Anduins nice guy (and I'm using the term not in a flattering way) non-toxic masculinity. Anduins entire writing is just plain misogynist. Even worse than usual nerds engaging in misogyny actually, because it is done while playing woke as well as weaponizing a concept which is used to promote a model of masculinity which will not act harmful towards women and reaffirm patriachal social dynamics. Which is actually pretty gross.

Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    Don't know, if you ask me, he is the most misogynist character in the entire franchise. Most of his big moments are done by throwing female characters under the bus by presenting them and their justified rage as crazy and unstable (which happens to be an age old trope dating back to antiquity, so we moved that far I guess), which needs to be countered by Anduins nice guy (and I'm using the term not in a flattering way) non-toxic masculinity. Anduins entire writing is just plain misogynist. Even worse than usual nerds engaging in misogyny actually, because it is done while playing woke as well as weaponizing a concept which is used to promote a model of masculinity which will not act harmful towards women and reaffirm patriachal social dynamics. Which is actually pretty gross.
    I'm so glad your personal politics isn't affecting your gametime. /s

This is a pretty shit take.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    To be honest, if you are that triggered that the horde is not entirely "huRrRrRr sMaSh", then the alliance is hardly the place for you. You are still better off staying hord or better play wankhammer instead of WoW.
    The Horde doesnt even exist anymore, its just Red Alliance.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

In NA you have Stormrage, Sargeras, and Proudmoore, depending on your time zone. Stormrage being by far the most populated of the three.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranis View Post
    I agreed with you until they introduced the Horde Council instead of a warchief. And i doesnt help that alot of cool horde characters are gone
    Yeah...there hasn't ever really been a "cool" leader in the horde since before Garrosh went ultra-nationalist. This is sort of off-topic, but man did they screw up by the numbers with Garrosh. He REALLY could have been the leader that embodied the savage and powerful nature of the Horde. But they just had to go and put a funny mustache on him(the short two-finger kind, or the twirly waxed kind, take your pick) and flush it down the toilet.

Anyway, I'm not saying that horde is good. Just that the alliance is boring. When I used the word "vanilla" to describe them, I meant it in terms of being plain. Generic. The only thing that's even a little bit weird about them are the werewolves, and maybe the space goats. But constantly interacting with elves, humans, dwarves and....uhg...gnomes.... If I wanted that I'd be playing LOTRO.

Still...they do have Jaina. One of the only good things to come out of BfA was her character development.

Anduin needs to hurry the hell up and take the Darth Vader hat away from Tyrande. Because she's just not pulling it off too well. All she does is grunt and scowl at people, and the orcs already have that trademark. Someone at Blizzard should have told Blizzard that Angry-all-the-Time isn't really good character development. If they want to do the "Vengeance is mine! I am the night!" then they should model after Batman, not the Hulk.

Genn is just a meme that shouts "SYLVANAS!!!!" if you poke him. And that's about the most interesting thing any of the other "leaders" of the alliance do.

I really don't see the attraction of the whole thing. Horde might be kind of rudderless right now, but the Alliance? They NEVER had anything good.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I'm so glad your personal politics isn't affecting your gametime. /s
    I'm sure you love the Quartering, right?

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    This is a pretty shit take.
    How so? He is a shit take from idiots who tried to do something woke without understanding the basic concepts.

too long didnt read youre a giant bitch and if youre a guy you have no penis

Silvermoon, Ravencrest, Argent Dawn, Sylvanas.

These seem to be the safest bet for English-labelled realms. IDK if English is actually the dominant language on either.

This thread sounds more like a thinly-veiled jab at the writers than a genuine question. The fact that OP basically abandoned this thread and didn't even specify if he's EU or NA, or a RPer, pretty much confirms my thesis.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!