Poll: Class Finished Layer 6

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamingsince1981 View Post
    I did mine as fury warrior, the wing that gave the mobs a stacking health buff was too much it was taking around a few minutes to kill each elite mob in their so I gave up because of how long each floor took but I did it on the other wing with the Hunter dogs.
    Your problem was going into Torghast as anything but Prot. Tanks specs mow through Torghast like the mobs are paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    173 Prot Paladin and 179 BM Hunter

Prot Pally was significantly easier than BM. Unless you get the mawrats HP trait, it can be extremely difficult to keep your pet alive as BM. While the BM toolkit is good for most of Torghast, the lack of interrupts and hard CC, and the reliance on the pet facetanking everything can be a real hindrance. Hunter anima powers are also dogshit for DPS aside from a few rare and epic traits.

Prot Pally is totally faceroll. You can't die, have infinite interrupts, multiple get-out-of-jail-free cards, and their anima powers are actually pretty good for DPS. I easily do more DPS on Prot than BM on bosses. Easily.
    You probably took wrong pet. Always ferocity and preferably clefthoof, he becomes immortal at some point.

Prot pala could have been easier, can't deny but to say "extremely difficult to keep pet alive" sounds like you had some spirit beast because hunter pet can take two packs and not die there. Beast cleave heals him for like 1/4 of his hp.

I am just glad we don't need to run every layer for the dust, lol...doing the highest gives you the ash for the previous ones too, i can't believe Blizz is actually doing the right thing for once...

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    First try, shafow priest.

I had the anima that made my jump more powerfull.

So i was just bouncing around the room avoiding the chokwaves while doing damage.

Weird but actually hilarious.

It's really easy as disc. Barely noticed any difference between layers.

Haven't even touched Torghast. We're 3 weeks deep into a 2 year journey. I'm taking my time to get a few levels up, try my hand at PvP, and play on alts while Blizz continues to tune and fix Torghast. I am in no rush. Something the Pandaren taught me 7 years ago.

“Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

173 warlock.

Died on a pack on 4th or 5 th floor (too much elites, 1 behemoth got soft-enraged on zerged me).
    Taking my time and pulling carefully seemed enough to go through it otherwise.

End-boss however.. It was the abomination guy. Awful, and even worse with my bad combination of talents.
    - no major DPS increase (no Infernals talents, for example)
    - bad utilities (the invisibility one where I lose threat is great with BW but terrible with the Dog, the boss focuses on him and kills him => no kick available as a warlock)

I went for old school kite & kick for loooong minutes of fight (it got to almost 20 enrage stacks xD), thanks to TP, Venthyr DoS and Dem Gate.
    Hopefully had the talent popping health orbs when engaging and those are persistant : I used 5 or 6 of them to survive is soft enrage.
    Stressful and seemed absurdly overturned compared to the rest of the layer..

15+ Year Old Account
    Made the mistake of doing 6 on my 170 Hunter in the frost wing. What a grind. The extra health just made it tedious.

Did it as boomkin with 164 ilvl. Only done one layer 6 will do the other later today.

Balance of all things and convoke helps alot with burning down the hard mobs.
    Do you hear the voices too?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GnomeWarlock View Post
    Haven't even touched Torghast. We're 3 weeks deep into a 2 year journey. I'm taking my time to get a few levels up, try my hand at PvP, and play on alts while Blizz continues to tune and fix Torghast. I am in no rush. Something the Pandaren taught me 7 years ago.
    It's open content and you aren't being given the soul ash you've missed. There's no reason to skip it as it's completely clearable at this point.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Rest in Peace to my boy Frostchipper.
    yea they overshot with changes to it
    from 20% of max hp through 20% of current hp to 5% of current hp on proc based ability hmmm
    it may be 5% alright but make it proc on each frost attack or et least be 5% of max hp don`t throw it into garbage can :P

wonder if warrior get a hit to shattering throw for 500k+ hp
    Last edited by kosajk; 2020-12-14 at 01:11 PM.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

So what is this Thread supposed to show?
    That the people that completed Torghast didn't think it was difficult?
    What a suprprise!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post

Which brings me to, so many people don't understand how strong second wind is when you're able to make use of it. But largely the key to success in Torghast as arms is simply buying the upgrade from Ven'ari (maw vendor) that allows the level 3/6 vendors to sell rare anima, they will have the die by the sword increased duration on the 2nd page on both floor 3 and 6. The duration seems to work retroactively based on how many times you use DBTS while in combat, and the buffs stack.. With that knowledge you can pretty reliably reach the end boss with 2mins duration, even if you didn't get lucky with buffs you should be sorted.
    Well, the problem with the vendor option, is when I can't get past the first floor. I sometimes wonder if there is a bug that makes them hit too hard or something. When the layer 6, end boss is easier, just feels like something isn't right.

While I don't feel like Arms or even Fury are terrible, it all boils down to Anima powers (to me at least) there are 3-4 that will make it feel very easy. What I am mildly annoyed with, though maybe I should not complain about it , Is how completely OP Prot feels. I literally don't even think about pulls as prot, just dive in and chain pull. I want to feel that way as Arms and Fury too, but that requires some RNG goodness

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    So what is this Thread supposed to show?
    That the people that completed Torghast didn't think it was difficult?
    What a suprprise!
    I dunno, I did it and think it's difficult, at least with certain specs. I'm guessing they want a feel for which classes\specs find it easiest and which find it doable but hard. In guild, people who run it on multiple toons talk about how it was LOL easy as one class and just gave up as say rogue (or they join a group for easy mode)
    I don't think this poll will do much for really explaining things. Unless it got a large response. I'd like to see Blizz's numbers, but if it was heavily skewed there would be obviously demands for buffs and nerfs that might screw up other aspects of the game (raidining\M+)
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2020-12-14 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Coldheart was pissing my priest off.

I like to use Mind Control, get one of the mobs to get murdered by his friends before I start killing. Stupid ambusher kept knocking me out of MC. Then I literally got feared off the edge. I think the speed boost from edge lurker contributed to me being knocked off.

Fortunately that was my only death and I managed to kill the boss. Didn't have good powers either, just decent self healing from vampiric embrace and unholy nova and a bunch of other things.
    I like to use the "mind control off the edge" trick, especially for stupid trick pulls. Guess what? These fuckers can fly and pop right back. The Mawsworn Agents can fuck right off though. Fears put you right on the edge, and you can't always jump back up without taking a few (precarious) steps.

Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    Is it random per run (of a specific layer) or per week (for same layer?)
    Different every run as far I know.

So everyone that says they failed with one spec and managed with another aren't adding much as it likely was a different boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    how is it brutal? on my rogue i just use er... then i shadowstep and use my finisher then any elite is dead... on bosses i might have to do it twice...
    Bull. Shit. Your finisher does not hit for 40k-100k+

Did it as blood. Wasn't difficult and probably took as long as it would of as unholy since I didn't need ot eat at any point and was never close to dying.
    RETH

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GnomeWarlock View Post

Guess u dont want/need a legendary either then.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Easy on Mistweaver with vivify power, but even without that can usually just self heal and outlast anything. By the time the final boss comes up, I'm usually pretty strong. I do kill everything though. One boss gave me a scare as it lowered my health over time to the point where I was at risk for a one-shot, but he still died first.

As WW, I had a lot of trouble especially with the ones where adds spawn out of combat. Could be I just got unlucky with powers, but even trying to stay in combat with mawrats and paralyzing stuff, I failed. Since then I tried MW (it's my main spec anyway) and it was so painless I haven't looked back.

My overall impression is that it's highly variable, and you can get lucky or unlucky, and have a class/spec that's also much or less easier. With everything I need to do to prepare for raiding here at expansion start, I'm happy to have less trouble with this one thing.

Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    MM hunter privilege checking in.

Just keep stacking Necrotic Venom. In my Cold Inist run, I ended up with 4 stacks. That means Aimed shot 120% increased damage. Plus Careful Aim, which increases Aimed Shot damage is increased by 50% to targets over 700% hp, and for the elites I use Double-Tap for 100% extra damage on insta-cast 2nd Aimed Shot.

And don't get me started on the 35% crit damage bonus.
    Quoting you to show a point, this isn't actually directed towards you specifically or arguing with your point:

I mean all the classes have that perfect storm of abilities they can get if they're lucky. Bm hunter I feel has a legit claim because it honestly doesn't matter what you get - you don't have to point to any one and say "see, with that nothing can stop me". You could get nothing but speed increases on them and they would still faceroll through the place if they use their defensives properly on the odd boss that actually hits them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.