Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

We need more dungeons

I just found why that datadisc sucks. Having just 8 dungeons is terrible and m+ becomes repetitive so fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    There may be a couple more released as the expansion goes on, but honestly we're just over a month into this expansion - if you're already bored, then chances are you are never going to be happy with Blizzard's release schedule for World of Warcraft, as it's not really intended to cater to hardcore gamers who are already burnt out on the content in just shy of 5 weeks.

Just play something other than DD.

More dungeons get added throughout the expansion, just like every expansion so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leakage View Post
    More dungeons get added throughout the expansion, just like every expansion so far.
    Not every expansion. Both Mists of Pandaria as well as Warlords of Draenor did not get a single new dungeon. BC, Legion, and BfA both only got a single new dungeon each - though Return to Karazhan and Mechagon were seperated into 2 M+ instances each. Only Wrath and Cata got multiple dungeons - Wrath got 4 new dungeons over the course of it's lifetime, and Cata got 3 new dungeons at the end of it's lifetime, though the quality of Cata's new dungeons was quite lacking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Not every expansion. Both Mists of Pandaria as well as Warlords of Draenor did not get a single new dungeon. BC, Legion, and BfA both only got a single new dungeon each - though Return to Karazhan and Mechagon were seperated into 2 M+ instances each. Only Wrath and Cata got multiple dungeons - Wrath got 4 new dungeons over the course of it's lifetime, and Cata got 3 new dungeons at the end of it's lifetime, though the quality of Cata's new dungeons was quite lacking.
    Legion got 3 new dungeons.
    Karaxha. Of course, but also the dungeon above the tomb of Sargeras raid as well as the Seat of the Triumvirate on Argus. Neither ended up being huge hits, Triumvirate especially as it came too late to allow players to get comfortable running it with the affixes or find agreed upon routed through.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Legion got 3 new dungeons.
    Karaxha. Of course, but also the dungeon above the tomb of Sargeras raid as well as the Seat of the Triumvirate on Argus. Neither ended up being huge hits, Triumvirate especially as it came too late to allow players to get comfortable running it with the affixes or find agreed upon routed through.
    My bad, I completely forgot about those two. And thinking about it, Cataclysm had the two Zuls in addition to the 3 from DS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

8 dungeons to start with is fine, so PUGs don't have too much things to learn.

New dungeons will come, it's almost certain. At least one into The Maw. Perhaps even two, as I'm pretty sure that Jailer's raid will have a 5-man dungeon tied to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aureli View Post
    I just found why that datadisc sucks. Having just 8 dungeons is terrible and m+ becomes repetitive so fast.
    We actually don't because dungeons haven't been real dungeons since Vanilla. They are outdoor parcours, not dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by yule goat View Post
    We actually don't because dungeons haven't been real dungeons since Vanilla. They are outdoor parcours, not dungeons.
    Not sure what that's supposed to mean, we had outdoor dungeons in Vanilla and we still have indoor/underground dungeons now. Ever been to Sanguine Depths, say?

5+ Year Old Account
    I agree, 8 is not enough.

I think it's a question of where should the dev's spend their time. More dungeons doesn't give you more to do; it just means the dungeons you're already doing come up slightly less often in rotation of M+.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

Truth about m+ to me isn't so much about where they are. But feeling sorry for the poor healers. I mean I see those kids struggling right now. As a tank I feel like I am on life support almost the whole time when I am not just kiting around.. which I do a lot but sometimes you got to stand in and do something else.. then you have the every other trash pull doing massive AOE damage.. and over all just seems frustrating for them. Specifically in the pug world. Sure when I am with my core group of friends we do pretty good because you hit almost all interrupts, use CDs with each other in mind, and build a group with some common sense when it comes to buffs/damage types/and to what affix are going on. I think a lot of this will be solved as gear and more renown rolls out allowing more powers and such.. but right now.. it the healers seem to be taking the hits.

10+ Year Old Account
    They technically missed a chance to pull a TBC move with dungeons, that is, to have 3 dungeons per theme or zone

We have that a bit with the 2 Revendreth dungeons; NW, PF and ToP arguably can be said to fit into the same theme

If 8 dungeons has you bored after 1 month, 16 dungeons will have you bored after 2 months. This is a you thing, trust me!

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Truth about m+ to me isn't so much about where they are. But feeling sorry for the poor healers. I mean I see those kids struggling right now. As a tank I feel like I am on life support almost the whole time when I am not just kiting around.. which I do a lot but sometimes you got to stand in and do something else.. then you have the every other trash pull doing massive AOE damage.. and over all just seems frustrating for them. Specifically in the pug world. Sure when I am with my core group of friends we do pretty good because you hit almost all interrupts, use CDs with each other in mind, and build a group with some common sense when it comes to buffs/damage types/and to what affix are going on. I think a lot of this will be solved as gear and more renown rolls out allowing more powers and such.. but right now.. it the healers seem to be taking the hits.
    I think you'll find that most of us are happy every time we get to be healers again instead of DPS with a secondary healing task again. Just avoid standing in shit and interrupt/dispel the right spells and we're all a happy bunch.

I imagine we'll get a couple more over the course of the expansion, 8 seems low, but I'm not bored of them yet, so I'm fine atm.

This is one of the most ridiculously wrong thing I've read in...a while.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

So Zul'Farrak is not a dungeon to you?

There have been dungeons in the past, even in vanlla that had outdoor sections. Scarlet mono Cath and graveyard wings had outdoor sections in their vanilla & MoP versions.

The only dungeons I don't like thematic wise are ones that we can freely explore the uninstanced version of unless the instanced version has a reason why it is. So like Court of Stars and how it takes place at a particular point in time. Mainly a party in which Elisande is attending (and because of this, security in the area has dramatically increased). Meanwhile Seat of the Triumvirate should've been the actual building, not 3/4 of it being outside and the only section that is the actual building is a narrow hallway and a small section housing L'ura.
    Last edited by Volardelis; 2020-12-27 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    They technically missed a chance to pull a TBC move with dungeons, that is, to have 3 dungeons per theme or zone

We have that a bit with the 2 Revendreth dungeons; NW, PF and ToP arguably can be said to fit into the same theme
    Can you imagine the nerdrage, though, if they did that? The crying about rehashing and reusing? That's actually an argument that I use when people say old expansions like BC and Wrath are better than new ones because they have "more" dungeons. And I point out you could easily merge several dungeons from that era into one or split current dungeons in multiple wings.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Can you imagine the nerdrage, though, if they did that? The crying about rehashing and reusing? That's actually an argument that I use when people say old expansions like BC and Wrath are better than new ones because they have "more" dungeons. And I point out you could easily merge several dungeons from that era into one or split current dungeons in multiple wings.
    Scarlet Mono is the perfect example of one. As it was going to be a singular dungeon during WoW's Alpha. However blizzard would later split it up into the 4 wings we knew and loved from vanilla up to and including Cata. Then in MoP they combined the 4 wings into 2 wings.

Even something like Dire Maul as well. In fact there was an instance portal connecting the West and North wings inside the West Wing. It has since been removed though as of Cata.

"Dire Maul's North wing is now cut off from the other two. The door and tunnel to the Shen'dralar room is no longer usable." - patch 4.0.3

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Dire_Maul#Retail

You could also argue that Atal'Dazar and Kings Rest could be combined into the one dungeon, as you have to do go through Atal'Dazar (uninstanced version) to get to Kings Rest. However narrative wise it does make sense why blizzard split them up. Since Atal'Dazar takes place before Zul's assault on Dazar'alor, while Kings Rest happens afterwards (but before the Uldir raid).
    Last edited by Volardelis; 2020-12-27 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    Scarlet Mono is the perfect example of one. As it was going to be a singular dungeon during WoW's Alpha. However blizzard would later split it up into the 4 wings we knew and loved from vanilla up to and including Cata. Then in MoP they combined the 4 wings into 2 wings.

Even something like Dire Maul as well. In fact there was an instance portal connecting the West and North wings inside the West Wing. It has since been removed though as of Cata.

"Dire Maul's North wing is now cut off from the other two. The door and tunnel to the Shen'dralar room is no longer usable." - patch 4.0.3

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Dire_Maul#Retail

You could also argue that Atal'Dazar and Kings Rest could be combined into the one dungeon, as you have to do go through Atal'Dazar to get to Kings Rest. However narrative wise it does make sense why blizzard split them up. Since Atal'Dazar takes place before Zul's assault on Dazar'alor, while Kings Rest happens afterwards (but before the Uldir raid).
    Or Waycrest Manor. Place is big enough they could've easily made it two dungeons. The manor part and then the basement part with just a few more bosses. Very little of the area of Freehold is used also. You could've had several boss fights before you even got to cross the first bridge, then another dungeon later in Freehold proper.

I hadn't considered the timeline of Atal'dazar and King's Rest, though. Didn't Zul die in this assault and get raised as undead in Uldir. Wouldn't both of the dungeons had to have been before the Seal got broke? Or is there a different attack I'm thinking of? The one where his guards get killed, he gets poisoned, and has to flee?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.